Lixil

Extended Server Maintenance (Monday 4/29/2019)

Just  tried log in , Game status offline .

2 hours ago, Grelko said:

HMMMmmmmmmmmmm.......   Gimme a few minutes, that sounds really familiar.

I have to upload a picture instead, because it blocked me from posting my answers. Apparently the forum doesn't let you type in code format lol

Anyways. it's hard to figure out an answer since I don't know what you're working with.

Are you getting  "stale false" with your timeouts?

You may need to rebuild your indexes.

You might have a firewall blocking a port.

You might be getting a lot of dropped packets which is causing a memory leak.

Check if something like this helps.

u7ptcW6.png

lO1PPvP.png

Delete this post if you feel it's necessary, I'm just trying to help, so that I can get back to playing the game lol. 🙂

Edited by Grelko

Survivors log: Day 5

Weird mutants have started showing up, the damn scorpions are as big as horses.

We've run out of bullets fighting off waves of these freaks. Resorted to mining raw copper and turning it into airsoft pellets. ...Surprisingly effective.

The gov says they're doing all they can to solve the "issues." What ever those are, who knows.

I heard that some guy named Matt in Oilville has a crack team of scientists making break-throughs.

But, any longer and I fear some of our group will go mad... all we can do is hope. For now.

Edited by Skippicaa
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Skippicaa said:

Survivors log: Day 5

Weird mutants have started showing up, the damn scorpions are as big as horses.

We've run out of bullets fighting off waves of these freaks. Resorted to mining raw copper and turning it into airsoft pellets. ...Surprisingly effective.

The gov says they're doing all they can to solve the "issues." What ever those are, who knows.

pp3eF5u.gif

Didn't I tell you to stop wasting bullets and just use the Cemented Pole instead? When the scorpions get close, swing around and hit them from the side.

As for the mutants, toss them a can of Dog Food, they'll leave you alone for a little while.

1 minute ago, Grelko said:

pp3eF5u.gif

Didn't I tell you to stop wasting bullets and just use the Cemented Pole instead? When the scorpions get close, swing around and hit them from the side.

As for the mutants, toss them a can of Dog Food, they'll leave you alone for a little while.

your asking him to throw away his only food hes a dog 

35 minutes ago, Unseen2339 said:

your asking him to throw away his only food hes a dog 

After being in the wasteland for so long, sometimes you gotta do, what you gotta do.

Dog Food tastes ok, but scorpion claw tastes a bit like overcooked lobster, so it's not a total loss. 🙂

Then again, anything tastes better than Bug farm suprise...

Edit -

I never even saw that (Alec masters), or the (welcome to the apocalypse) login screens, until the maintenance right before this "extended downtime", it always went straight to my character screen.

All I ever had to do was,

FEUpdater > username/password > next > launch > choose my character > enter game

Edited by Grelko
  • Like 1

sometimes when you get disconnected your toon is actually still in the game, in opennap they had a very similar thing they called ghosting, you had to kill your ghost before you could relog. here when you do that then enter password again you go to the " alex masters " page

6 hours still no update? Yikes.

Also would it be smart to re download the client after they bring it back online?

if you wipe the old copy of your program you will loose waypoints, hot bar, and i think friends list (not real sure on the last one)

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, theemole said:

sometimes when you get disconnected your toon is actually still in the game, in opennap they had a very similar thing they called ghosting, you had to kill your ghost before you could relog. here when you do that then enter password again you go to the " alex masters " page

That's what I thought it would be for. I've DC'd in other games and at the login, it would say "you're already logged in" etc, then I would need to wait 15 seconds or so before it cleared the old one.

2 minutes ago, theemole said:

if you wipe the old copy of your program you will loose waypoints, hot bar, and i think friends list (not real sure on the last one)

Not sure about waypoints, but I re-downloaded the game about a week ago after not playing since 2009-2013 or something and my friend list, clan list is still intact.

My hotbar was empty

• Thanks 1

Sad to be still without any news or the server running. But so glad to see all the activity and attention towards the game in forums. This prove this game isnt dead as so many people said. 

11 minutes ago, theemole said:

Since coming back and redownloading the game I had lost at least the Embry Crossroads waypoint. I had to run all the way back down there. Not to sure about the rest of my waypoints. Haven't been able to play but a few hours

13 minutes ago, Grelko said:

That's what I thought it would be for. I've DC'd in other games and at the login, it would say "you're already logged in" etc, then I would need to wait 15 seconds or so before it cleared the old one.

Not sure about waypoints, but I re-downloaded the game about a week ago after not playing since 2009-2013 or something and my friend list, clan list is still intact.

My hotbar was empty

can tell. The re downloading only affects to the hot bar and the waypoints. 

It would appear not dead at all. 

So much concern for the game and everything the past couple days.

Do people use waypoints quite often? I had issues where I accidently set a way point and no matter what I did I could not get it to delete. 

On 4/26/2019 at 4:43 AM, Lixil said:

09:00 UTC (02:00 PDT) (04/30/2019)

anyone playing game ?

8 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Technically, all the servers are working properly. All the databases are restored and up.

However, the system overall is unbearably slow. It takes hours to boot and load all the data.

Once it is up, the timeouts between servers make the system unstable and unplayable.

Thanks,
Matt 

Now that I think about it,

Couldn't you just look at one of the other games that are working properly like APB and see how the "timeouts between servers" are setup.

Then look at how it's setup for Fallen Earth and make them both the same.

Edited by Grelko

10 hours ago, SgtFrostburn said:

It appears a multitude of us have returned to the game in the midst of a maintenance window.

gotta love the irony...

Its just bad luck i guess. maybe tomorrow giphy.gif im not mad i just like this gif