Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Nitronik

Premium cooldown reduction is blatantly Pay-to-Win

Premium cooldown reduction is blatantly Pay-to-Win  

186 members have voted

  1. 1. Should the Premium account cooldown reduction be removed?

    • Yes! Remove the advantage for Premium accounts
      118
    • No! Keep the advantage for Premium accounts
      68


Recommended Posts

while your at it you'd better remove extra cash from missions as that's not fair for f2p

and probably should remove the customization benefits as well ,that's also not fair as it gives a personalization advantage 

might as well just remove premium i guess as there will be no reason to purchase it 

hey just stick in the final nail and allow all armas weapons/items to be purchased in game , job done

Edited by arkup
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, arkup said:

while your at it you'd better remove extra cash from missions as that's not fair for f2p

and probably should remove the customization benefits as well ,that's also not fair as it gives a personalization advantage 

might as well just remove premium i guess as there will be no reason to purchase it 

hey just stick in the final nail and allow all armas weapons/items to be purchased in game , job done

What are you even talking about?

 

Are people really that desperate to keep this tiny advantage?

 

... Unreal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I like winning because I'm better rather than relying on paid advantages. 

But I guess that's where we differ.

 

 

Btw nearing $6,000 spent on APB, and have never been without premium. 

 

Do you really honestly think the cool downs from premium are the difference between a win and loss? "OMG, I would have won if his nitro was still on cool down!" The ONLY advantage would be Spotter but the issue is with Spotter itself and not the cool down. Maybe Blowtorch also, but issue is the blowtorch itself, not the cool down.

 

There are basically two types of "video games." Free to play and paid. If you want to play APB for free you can and you can really experience 90%+ of a pretty impressive "free to play" game 100% with zero cost to you. I don't understand the mentality of gamers who think if a game is "free to play" they are fools for investing any of their money into said game. "It's free! I want to play the game for free and have the same experience as the people who actually fund the servers and keep the game alive because I am either too poor or too cheap to spend my own money."

 

The title of the thread is beyond sensationalized.  

 

I agree with the sentiment that some of the community is a bunch of whiny born out of wedlockers.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LaQuandra said:

If you want to play APB for free you can and you can really experience 90%+

i'd say its probably closer to 75%

 

 

Edited by BXNNXD
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

i'd say its probably closer to 75%

 

 

 

Okay, a 100 million dollar developed game that cost $60 on release and a $9.99-$15 monthly sub is now free if you're willing to take 75% of the game. 

 

Is the 25% free players miss out on the cool downs? Come on now.........

 

As a free player I can still: 

 

1. Create a character

2. Customize my character

3. Customize my car

4. Make symbols

5. make themes

6. Use the marketplace

7. make trades

8. Play action districts

9. Play fight club

10. Play in events

11. Use all the mods

12. Make APB money

13. Gain contact standing

 

 

The only thing I can't do is use Spotter every 45 seconds or whatever.

 

Again, the title of the thread is garbage and sensationalized. Honestly....cool downs are "pay to win?"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, LaQuandra said:

Okay, a 100 million dollar developed game that cost $60 on release and a $9.99-$15 monthly sub is now free if you're willing to take 75% of the game. 

 

Is the 25% free players miss out on the cool downs? Come on now.........

 

As a free player I can still: 

 

1. Create a character

2. Customize my character

3. Customize my car

4. Make symbols

5. make themes

6. Use the marketplace

7. make trades

8. Play action districts

9. Play fight club

10. Play in events

11. Use all the mods

12. Make APB money

13. Gain contact standing

 

 

The only thing I can't do is use Spotter every 45 seconds or whatever.

i was mostly thinking of the armas exclusive cosmetics and weapons

 

12 minutes ago, LaQuandra said:

Again, the title of the thread is garbage and sensationalized. Honestly....cool downs are "pay to win?"

its a direct advantage over free players that cant be obtained without spending money

 

i wont argue that the thread title is overly dramatic but given that this thread, out of the other dozen or so on the same topic, was the one that got some concrete info out of orbit, i cant exactly fault op's methods

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

i was mostly thinking of the armas exclusive cosmetics and weapons

 

its a direct advantage over free players that cant be obtained without spending money

 

i wont argue that the thread title is overly dramatic but given that this thread, out of the other dozen or so on the same topic, was the one that got some concrete info out of orbit, i cant exactly fault op's methods

 

Sure Armas exclusives and cosmetics need to be purchased with money but they don't prevent you from playing the game. I don't need an American Flag skin on my gun in order to play APB "the game.' I don't need the Misery or a "IRS" in order to play the game. 

 

Why not just fall all the way down the slippery slope? What gives me a bigger advantage?  45 second cool down on spotter or the fact that I have a i7 4790k clocked at 4.8 ghz and a 165hz 1440p monitor and can maintain 144+ FPS a majority of the time? Should we just have government issued computers so everyone has the same hardware?

 

The issue boils down to people wanting the game to be "fair" whether or not you pay. Sorry, but that ain't life.

 

If you're poor you're not going to be able to afford the better lawyer. If you're poor you aren't going to be able to afford the nicer car or the fancy house. It's the way life works. We aren't going to make things 100% "fair" all the time based on everyone's financial situations and decisions.

 

Again, to say premium players are more likely to win because of the cool down bonus is just absurd and it's cheap people putting sour grapes on the San Paro dinner table. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, LaQuandra said:

Sure Armas exclusives and cosmetics need to be purchased with money but they don't prevent you from playing the game. I don't need an American Flag skin on my gun in order to play APB "the game.' I don't need the Misery or a "IRS" in order to play the game.

whether or not you "need" something has no bearing on whether you're able to experience it without paying

 

43 minutes ago, LaQuandra said:

Why not just fall all the way down the slippery slope? What gives me a bigger advantage?  45 second cool down on spotter or the fact that I have a i7 4790k clocked at 4.8 ghz and a 165hz 1440p monitor and can maintain 144+ FPS a majority of the time? Should we just have government issued computers so everyone has the same hardware?

one would assume that the whole point of making the controllable variables (the game) "fair" would be to mitigate the effect of the uncontrollable variables (not the game)

 

46 minutes ago, LaQuandra said:

The issue boils down to people wanting the game to be "fair" whether or not you pay. Sorry, but that ain't life.

 

If you're poor you're not going to be able to afford the better lawyer. If you're poor you aren't going to be able to afford the nicer car or the fancy house. It's the way life works. We aren't going to make things 100% "fair" all the time based on everyone's financial situations and decisions.

thats super deep and philosophical but this is a video game

 

and like most games its based around the concept of "fairness", where each player could/should/would have the same chance to win as any other player

 

49 minutes ago, LaQuandra said:

Again, to say premium players are more likely to win because of the cool down bonus is just absurd

not really

 

 just like everything else that affects gameplay, mods with cooldown timers have a chance to offer up some clutch moments - im pretty sure nearly everyone has had a quick weapon swap/handy dandy blowtorch/well timed nitro 3/etc majorly affect a mission

 

obviously there's no real way to calculate what is likely a fraction of a fraction of a percent advantage, but it also seems absurd to flat out deny that its possible

 

59 minutes ago, LaQuandra said:

it's cheap people putting sour grapes on the San Paro dinner table.

honestly not sure why this keeps coming up, seeing as anyone who posts on the forums is statistically more likely to have spent money on the game anyways

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

whether or not you "need" something has no bearing on whether you're able to experience it without paying

 

Yes. But we aren't talking about needs or wants. We are talking about advantages and disadvantages of a premium sub. You don't "experience" APB through weapon skins nor do you experience "more" of the game by having premium. 

 

Quote

thats super deep and philosophical but this is a video game

 

Exactly. Why are people pissing and moaning then? You get to play a game for free while other paying peeps front the bill. Are people seriously that upset about losing that they will take to the forums, insult the company because someone used spotter 3 times in a stage? Little Orbit is a company. They want to make money. This is so crazy that you can use their product without paying but you're gonna fuzzy bunny and complain about their product? Maybe, um, don't use it? Or......pay money and get the advantage you claim others have? Or is it principled where one doesn't want to pay money because the game is f2p or that Little Orbit/G1 don't deserve their cash?

 

Either way, people have a choice. Why people insist on having things conform to them and their personal preferences is beyond me. Get in line and it's a long one. 

Quote

obviously there's no real way to calculate what is likely a fraction of a fraction of a percent advantage, but it also seems absurd to flat out deny that its possible

 

I am not denying that it is "better" to be able to use spotter, blowtorch, nitro, etc more frequently, however I am not going to put it into the "pay to win" category of say a one shot sniper rifle that is only available to paying people. If they made a cool down timer reducer available on the joker store for joker tickets is it no longer "pay to win?"

 

Quote

honestly not sure why this keeps coming up, seeing as anyone who posts on the forums is statistically more likely to have spent money on the game anyways

 

Sure, but I have to assume that most people who claim p2w or are upset about any premium features are going to be free to play players. We have seen it with this post, posts asking to increase free customization, increase in rewards, etc.

 

The message is the same...."I want what the paying players have but I want it free because "FAIR." 

 

 

 

 

 

Little disclaimer- when I say "you" I don't mean Bxnnxd or anyone specifically, just "general APB player." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, LaQuandra said:

Sure, but I have to assume that most people who claim p2w or are upset about any premium features are going to be free to play players. We have seen it with this post, posts asking to increase free customization, increase in rewards, etc.

 

The message is the same...."I want what the paying players have but I want it free because "FAIR." 

This thread's Original Poster is a premium-player. Your assumption is invalid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Lily Rain said:

This thread's Original Poster is a premium-player. Your assumption is invalid.

 

It doesn't work like that. :classic_dry:

 

I assume OP is principled then and does not take advantage of the reduced cool downs while in missions.

 

 

 

Edited by LaQuandra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I wouldve won if i was a premium player" -silvers in 2019. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lily Rain said:

This thread's Original Poster is a premium-player. Your assumption is invalid.

Ignore that playa that you disagree'in with cause they a busta. 

 

bCGwuWY.png

 

Hashtag UnnecessaryAmountOfPremiumClub and adding. And I vote yes to removing the cooldown benefits

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Nitronik said:


lktphUt.jpg


ngl, I am disappointed to see you join this bandwagon.

Bandwagon?...lol...oh dear...this is light and fluffy compared to my stand on things like this. I believe every player who doesn't have premium, should be taxed every month, and all the in-game money collected, should be dispersed amongst the premium players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PoundOfFlesh said:

Bandwagon?...lol...oh dear...this is light and fluffy compared to my stand on things like this. I believe every player who doesn't have premium, should be taxed every month, and all the in-game money collected, should be dispersed amongst the premium players.

I mean given the population at this point I'm not sure we'd stand to make more than a couple APB$ each

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see how this is debatable.

 

yes faster cooldowns is an advantage. just make the timer 2 minutes for everyone.. most people buy premium for customizing so who cares.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, LaQuandra said:

Sure, but I have to assume that most people who claim p2w or are upset about any premium features are going to be free to play players. We have seen it with this post, posts asking to increase free customization, increase in rewards, etc.

 

The message is the same...."I want what the paying players have but I want it free because "FAIR." 

I've had premium pretty much always, and whenever it runs out I immediately feel bad for the F2P population; the doubled cooldowns are just painful.

 

I've been advocating for a cooldown timer equalization for years, and am glad that it's finally happening.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Knite said:

I've had premium pretty much always, and whenever it runs out I immediately feel bad for the F2P population; the doubled cooldowns are just painful.

 

I've been advocating for a cooldown timer equalization for years, and am glad that it's finally happening.

 

Why do you feel "bad" for the F2P population when it's their choice to be free to play. I am generally curious. I currently do not have premium active on my account...you honestly feel "bad" for me? I'll take the empathy I guess and if you can spare any mods for an ole buccaneer I'll take that too.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2019 at 5:01 AM, Ketog said:

 

even if it doesn't affect gameplay much it is still an unfair advantage

you are given the right to choose, unfair advantage fake .

 

Merged.

 

On 3/9/2019 at 4:00 PM, Knite said:

 

 

I've been advocating for a cooldown timer equalization for years

detail 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, LaQuandra said:

 

Why do you feel "bad" for the F2P population when it's their choice to be free to play. I am generally curious. I currently do not have premium active on my account...you honestly feel "bad" for me? I'll take the empathy I guess and if you can spare any mods for an ole buccaneer I'll take that too.

 

 

 

 

I don't see the reason to outright punish the F2P population - after all those that do stick around have a pretty high probabilty of no longer being free players

Plus APB, as-is, suffers from a terrible reputation due to being perceived as p2w, there's only lots to be gained by making things fair for everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they're looking for a new reward for premium players, could do some sort of monthly thing since they added the ability to pay monthly automatically. The reward could be like, couple hundred g1c every month, or some JMB's or other rewards like unique skins, clothing, etc. These things could scale with how many consecutive months you've been subscribed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2019 at 4:29 AM, Nitronik said:

I mean given the population at this point I'm not sure we'd stand to make more than a couple APB$ each

dont feed the troll ?_?

 

i do see more players without premium than with premium these days. if they make all the cooldowns take as long as they do without premium the game will feel very slow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, iRawwwN said:

if they make all the cooldowns take as long as they do without premium the game will feel very slow.

I agree 1000%, andthe last thing we need is for APB to feel even slower. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, iRawwwN said:

dont feed the troll ?_?

 

i do see more players without premium than with premium these days. if they make all the cooldowns take as long as they do without premium the game will feel very slow.

My bad. Also - that's an opportunity for everyone to get halved Cooldowns, which isn't a bad thing to be frank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2019 at 12:33 PM, LaQuandra said:

 

Why do you feel "bad" for the F2P population when it's their choice to be free to play. I am generally curious. I currently do not have premium active on my account...you honestly feel "bad" for me? I'll take the empathy I guess and if you can spare any mods for an ole buccaneer I'll take that too.

Whatever the reason someone plays without premium, it shouldn't penalize them in a way that directly affects gameplay; the doubled cooldowns when F2P are just painful to deal with, which is why I feel bad for the F2P populace. It's not meant like I pity them out of some sort of superiority complex.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...