Jump to content

Recommended Posts

after a year without playing I enter and I find that someone sold my weapons and I've been waiting 3 days for a damn response, never in more than 20 years that I have been in the world of video games nobody enter any account of mine to steal anything this is embarrassing How could you allow someone to enter your database and steal personal information from your players?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think its far more plausible that you werent careful enough with your information than someone breaching company security and deciding they only wanted your account, specifically 

 

 

EDIT: not to mention little orbit has only been around for 5(?) months now, depending on when your account was compromised you might be blaming the wrong company altogether

 

 

Edited by BXNNXD
added stuff
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How you know that the data breach wasn't from your end? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was a quick 1 minute thing to take the weapons and left everything else like 50 million in game money and objects so it is logical to think that it is not just me and that they wanted to do it fast with many accounts, if someone finds out my password and He wants to rob me, he does not leave everything and he takes only weapons, besides they did not delete the mail that they send you in auction when receiving the payment of 10 dollars for the sale of weapon and you can see who bought them the name appears, I doubt that someone enters me steal only weapons buy them and do not even erase evidence of the crime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the PIA (polar intelligence agency) got into your hacker's comp, eat his mayo, activated his webcam and took a photo of him. im reciving the file right now, aaaaaaand... here you go:

 

hqdefault.jpg

 

12 minutes ago, Rayleigh said:

It was a quick 1 minute thing to take the weapons and left everything else like 50 million in game money and objects so it is logical to think that it is not just me and that they wanted to do it fast with many accounts, if someone finds out my password and He wants to rob me, he does not leave everything and he takes only weapons, besides they did not delete the mail that they send you in auction when receiving the payment of 10 dollars for the sale of weapon and you can see who bought them the name appears, I doubt that someone enters me steal only weapons buy them and do not even erase evidence of the crime

that doesnt really proves anything. but you said you got the mails, then tell me when did they got into your account?

 

 

fancy_bear.jpg

 

 

 

 

Edited by TheOppositePolarBear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I meant is:

How you know that they didn't figure out your (easy/used elsewhere/given to a friend) password and you're so certain that the breach happened from Gamersfirst?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Saxtus said:

What I meant is:

How you know that they didn't figure out your (easy/used elsewhere/given to a friend) password and you're so certain that the breach happened from Gamersfirst? 

 

<op>

 

BECAUSE ITS 0BVIOUS THEY GOT INTO MILLION OF ACCOUNTS BECAUSE HTEY DIDNT TAKE MAH MONEY BECAUSE THEY WERE HACKING MILLION OF PLAYERSS SO THEY DIDUN' HAVE TIME TO TAKE MY MONEY BECAUSE THEY HAD ANOTHER 99999 PLEYAH's TO HACK

 

</op>

 

81aa32881e3a514cabb645da5ecaedd6.jpg

bear, can you make your broken english even more annoying - yes... i know... i know

Edited by TheOppositePolarBear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the way to steal suggests a large-scale theft, if you get information of 5000 thousand inactive accounts completely empty one by one? no.lo faster and easier is to steal only the weapons and this is my case. Surely if they reviewed the information of the sale of weapons of the year 2017 that was when they happened to see an increase in sales and could follow those suspicious sales easily

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rayleigh said:

the way to steal suggests a large-scale theft, if you get information of 5000 thousand inactive accounts completely empty one by one? no.lo faster and easier is to steal only the weapons and this is my case. Surely if they reviewed the information of the sale of weapons of the year 2017 that was when they happened to see an increase in sales and could follow those suspicious sales easily

 

Where are all the other complaints that accounts have been stolen from en mass. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rayleigh said:

the way to steal suggests a large-scale theft, if you get information of 5000 thousand inactive accounts completely empty one by one? no.lo faster and easier is to steal only the weapons and this is my case. Surely if they reviewed the information of the sale of weapons of the year 2017 that was when they happened to see an increase in sales and could follow those suspicious sales easily

 

 

so, you're saying they stole your stuff during 2017?

 

polar-bears_wide-72c1413d15d9c2c8cd32c9c

Edited by TheOppositePolarBear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rofl, ticket times currently are at least 2 months wait so grab a newspaper youll be here awhile.

Edited by Darkzero3802

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is not very difficult to understand, if you want to steal me because you only steal my weapons for a value of 5 million if I have 50 million in money and other objects? the answer is that they have more accounts to steal and it is very slow to empty an account and then sell those items 1 for 1 so they go only for weapons, you just have to think a bit is not that complicated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rayleigh said:

It is not very difficult to understand, if you want to steal me because you only steal my weapons for a value of 5 million if I have 50 million in money and other objects? the answer is that they have more accounts to steal and it is very slow to empty an account and then sell those items 1 for 1 so they go only for weapons, you just have to think a bit is not that complicated

or they just didnt bothered with your money because they didnt cared.

 

im still waiting for you to answer my questions btw.

 

Original_WW215278.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rayleigh said:

It is not very difficult to understand, if you want to steal me because you only steal my weapons for a value of 5 million if I have 50 million in money and other objects? the answer is that they have more accounts to steal and it is very slow to empty an account and then sell those items 1 for 1 so they go only for weapons, you just have to think a bit is not that complicated

Money is but a currency and more can be made, Weapons are a tool and a vital one in San Paro "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime"

Honestly We don't know how much in game money the in game thief has, so who is to say that they don't have more money than you and don't need it.

 

You are very much jumping to conclusion in anger and most that lost multiple items like this would feel angry and upset, But as other people have mentioned; There have not been any reports of others losing items recently on the forum and chances are that it is easier to get your password from you (both directly and indirectly) than trying to hack into GamersFirst Database.

 

You should know that Little Orbit came in about May 2018, If this occurred before then, then it most likely that there is nothing customer service can so. On top of the fact there wouldn't guarantee the return of your stolen items even if you had evidence and knew who did it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The polar bear amuses me. So does Asger.

 

Back on-topic:

  • Are you sharing your Steam account? Who with? If you are; STOP DOING SO.
  • Have you given your account information to anyone? Who and when?
  • Can you see what went missing? I saw mention of a mail. I presume this was included in your ticket to support.

Contact support. Give it a couple of months because they're still slogging through the complaints and other issues left by previous management. It'll be a while, but they're slowly gaining ground on the pile of tickets.

 

In the interim, you may want to update your security settings. It will not get your stuff back, but it might stop something happening again.

  • Change your passwords. All of them.
  • DO NOT DUPLICATE YOUR PASSWORDS.
  • Update and run your anti-spyware.
  • If no anti-spyware present. Find some anti-spyware, update and run that. Then slap yourself on the wrist.
  • Update and run your anti-virus too.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The standard is that even Admins do NOT know your password, simply because they do not need it to make changes to accounts if needed. This is true everywhere, not just with APB. This keeps people safe from things like: "Hey, I am an Admin, please give me your password to check on your account and stuff". The common lies you hear from generic-Scum..

 

With that said, I can only see three reasons as to why this thread exists:

 

1 » OP made the mistake of sharing his information.

2 » OP gave his weapons to an alt-account and he forgot that he did, keeping him/her puzzled.

3 » OP is trying to be a smart cry-baby to have LO give some legendary-weapons to silence him/her.

 

 

All in all, any damage is obviously OP's fault unless valid proof is shown.

Rest in peace 💔 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Lily Rain said:

The standard is that even Admins do NOT know your password, simply because they do not need it to make changes to accounts if needed. This is true everywhere, not just with APB. This keeps people safe from things like: "Hey, I am an Admin, please give me your password to check on your account and stuff". The common lies you hear from generic-Scum..

 

With that said, I can only see three reasons as to why this thread exists:

 

1 » OP made the mistake of sharing his information.

2 » OP gave his weapons to an alt-account and he forgot that he did, keeping him/her puzzled.

3 » OP is trying to be a smart cry-baby to have LO give some legendary-weapons to silence him/her.

 

 

All in all, any damage is obviously OP's fault unless valid proof is shown.

Rest in peace 💔 

 

actually, the chance of him getting hacked are there, we just have no reason to believe its g1 or LO's fault.

 

for example: lets suppose OP has been using the same password for years, and its the same password for all his accounts.

 

now, lets suppose he used to play neopets. neopets had their database leaked and... surprice surprice, the password was not encripted.

 

other options are trying to do X thing with his computer and ending up with a keylogger in his system.

 

would someone who has access to that database / install a keylogger in a random's computer, be interested in APB? unlikely.

 

there is a chance OP tryed to download a hack / the advanced launcher from some... obscure, not trusted webpage too, wich is an easy way to get usernames and passwords, targeted to APB players.

 

anyway, as you said, OP's fault unless valid proof is shown.

 

polar-bear-lawyer.jpg

Edited by TheOppositePolarBear
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Dont share accounts kids.

 

Probably just uses the same password for everywhere like a lot of people do. There have been a few APB people that got their accounts broken in to because of a database leak from another website. I can think of two off the top of my head that used the same password, got a database breach somewhere else, an APB player then used that indirectly leaked account to hack on and get it banned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't be surprised if passwords where stored as plain text :^).

Edited by Fasalina
English is hard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too many holes in OP assumptions that it is someone else's fault.

Could of easily had too much to drink and did it yourself for all I'd know

Like others said gather up emails and contact support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Saxtus said:

Passwords-are-like-underpants.png

I dont use.

-

 

 

I think want it the easy way and is spitting that his things were stolen but he never had any of what he mentioned.

Edited by Excalibur!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...