DouglasFalcon

Is faction segregation overrated in FC?

I like to consider myself a Baylan Shipping veteran, since I've been playing there only for a good year now. And during this time, there's one thing I noticed: here in Citadel, most of the time Criminals are on the receiving hand, making playing crim side hard mode Fight Club. (oh I'm an enforcer main so this post is not for whining lol)

Not only that, but a lot of the time the teams are extremely unbalanced: 20 Enfo vs 9 Crim, or half silver team Enfo vs almost full gold Crim. Not to mention that this also causes a lot of people to switch faction and make things even worse for the weaker team.

The recent Halloween event has made me think that maybe we should treat Fight Clubs differently than regular districts and put a matchmaking system that creates 2 balanced teams at the start of every match, without distinguishing between Crims and Enfos. That way everyone has a chance to win, and you don't start with an immediate disadvantage because you're on the wrong faction.

Do you think this solution would work?

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

I personally like playing enforcer faction vs criminal faction without having to think about contact standing/ rank or having my threat level change. But obviously this means that games are rarely perfectly balanced.

We have project "Riot" in development which would be an updated version of Choas District/Anarchy (What 2018 halloween was based off).

It is a solution that would work, but I find myself asking is it a solution people want enough though?

i wouldn’t mind this change, it is super irritating when one faction just seems to quit fc all the sudden and it usually causes a snowball effect 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, VickyFox said:

I personally like playing enforcer faction vs criminal faction without having to think about contact standing/ rank or having my threat level change. But obviously this means that games are rarely perfectly balanced.

We have project "Riot" in development which would be an updated version of Choas District/Anarchy (What 2018 halloween was based off).

It is a solution that would work, but I find myself asking is it a solution people want enough though?

Iirc they said that Fight Club is gonna stay so eventually they should address the issues it has.
Just done playing for today, same situation happened. At some point it was a 20 vs 9 game lol

I love this idea, it would make fight club that much more interesting. Having constant balanced teams would be good. Only thing is LTL would become even more useless than it is, as you can't arrest a stunned Enforcer.

• Like 1

Could've sworn that was something they've wanted to do for ages. Yet for one reason or another just haven't. Maybe they forgot?

I like this idea and agree that the Halloween Event shows that Rank/Threat/Faction really do not mean much in the greater scheme of things in the end we're just one green faction shooting at the red faction. 

But I'd suggest that if the change does occur it becomes the default not the option; as the Open Conflict shows if players are given the chance to play in a rank/threat/faction free environment they'll pick noob/team stomping over that equal playfield any day. The lore will take a hit which is sad but as long as it doesn't leak into the Mission Districts then I say it is fine player enjoyment > lore at this stage in the game. 

I just want to add that it sucks being on that 20 side of the 20v9 fight - it is like being in a school of piranhas that goes around in a devouring  frenzy at any slight movement in the water and I'm always the slow piranha you never gets a bite. It sucks playing a whole FC mission without getting even an assist and a score of 0.

3 minutes ago, IROCkiller said:

I love this idea, it would make fight club that much more interesting. Having constant balanced teams would be good. Only thing is LTL would become even more useless than it is, as you can't arrest a stunned Enforcer.

Good catch. I completely forgot about what LTL would do in this situation. DId anyone use it in the Halloween Event? What happened?

Edited by KnifuWaifu

Just now, Genobee said:

Could've sworn that was something they've wanted to do for ages. Yet for one reason or another just haven't. Maybe they forgot?

It's possible Reloaded wanted to do it, but as LO have proven we can. With the event having cops and crims on the same team.

9 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:

Good catch. I completely forgot about what LTL would do in this situation. DId anyone use it in the Halloween Event? What happened?

At first arresting a Crim caused the server to crash. You could not arrest an Enforcer, even if they were on the other team.

1 hour ago, IROCkiller said:

It's possible Reloaded wanted to do it, but as LO have proven we can. With the event having cops and crims on the same team.

That seems like an exaggeration. I'm all for giving credit where it is due, and this isn't one of those cases. Old G1 had same faction stuff going on in their previous events too. Things like the horseman event would qualify. Even if they weren't full on battles it still had the same mechanics going on in it. 

Edited by Genobee
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genobee said:

That seems like an exaggeration. I'm all for giving credit where it is due, and this isn't one of those cases. Old G1 had same faction stuff going on in their previous events too. Things like the horseman event would qualify. Even if they weren't full on battles it still had the same mechanics going on it. 

This is very true, I completely forgot about the Horseman event.

Hopefully LO look into this suggestion, I think it'd be a welcomed change.

As someone who loves FC more than missions, I think this idea definitely would be great, considering all the reasons people in this thread already gave. 

• Like 2

No.This is the worst thing that can happen to any faction based game. Destroying factions and dividing on "red and blue" team. This sh*t happened to my favourite mmorpg game. I dont wanna play with a freakin elves, and cute little fluffy barking ball with a sword. I wanna play with my fellow orcs and undead. 

And I dont wanna play with criminals on my team in APB.

It ruins whole immersion. Hatret towards opp faction is like an engine that drives us!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, IROCkiller said:

At first arresting a Crim caused the server to crash. You could not arrest an Enforcer, even if they were on the other team.

Gotta say I completely forgot about LTLs since I find them boring and never use them. I guess they would have to addres this issue since they only hotfixed the server crash thing. But I still think it's doable, they've shown creativity in this regard.

14 minutes ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

No.This is the worst thing that can happen to any faction based game. Destroying factions and dividing on "red and blue" team. This sh*t happened to my favourite mmorpg game. I dont wanna play with a freakin elves, and cute little fluffy barking ball with a sword. I wanna play with my fellow orcs and undead. 

It ruins whole immersion. Hatret towards opp faction is like an engine that drives us!

I completely agree with you here my dude, but your statement reminds me of that scene in The lord of the rings, where Gimli says "Never thought I'd die fighting side by side with an Elf", and Legolas answers back "what about side by side with a friend?" It's hard times for APB, and we gotta stay unite for the greater good!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, IROCkiller said:

Maybe they should try fixing the ladders again 😄

That's good idea but don't think LO will listen. They still haven't fixed mobile radar tower.

Edited by nonameloser

There is no greater evil, my dude. RIP roleplaying. Just fix the damn game instead of embrancing its fall. Runining the immersion, and roleplay will defenitely not support flow of new active players.

I dont mind playing 9 vs 20. Just go call for help if u do. FFS!

This was suggested many times to the previous company, but they clearly didn't want to change things. I agree with this idea, there is no point having factions in fc and i really hope Little Orbit does something about it

Hi there!

I have moved this thread to the suggestions section. I very much like this idea, and I will be bringing this up to the team (if they haven't seen it already!)

Thank you very much for the suggestion, as well as the feedback from everyone else! 😃

• Thanks 1

it only improves on the already dull fight club experience making balanced teams and allowing it to actually possibly be useful in the future for more mini game modes. 

I approve.

10 hours ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

There is no greater evil, my dude. RIP roleplaying. Just fix the damn game instead of embrancing its fall. Runining the immersion, and roleplay will defenitely not support flow of new active players.

I dont mind playing 9 vs 20. Just go call for help if u do. FFS!

ruining immersion... they are talking about fight club, it's basically got nothing to do with APB as a game concept, might as well be a different thing completely 

On 11/18/2018 at 2:02 AM, AxeTurboAgresor said:

Uh, it's fight club dude.  Completely separate from the main game.  And APB has immersion?  Oh yeah I totally forgot about that time when cops dressed up as hookers and clowns and started killing anyone who might be a criminal while taking sidewalk shortcuts in SUVs through crowds of pedestrians with one standing on the roof firing a rainbow colored whistling rocket launcher at a couple of dump trucks full of Joker and Harley Quinn clones.  It's hard not to get immersed with that level of realism.

@BrandonBranderson Dude u went like far off, like u almost fell off the edge and broke yo legs just to prove ur point. Its a war between anarchists and the ones who make living out of killing them. They both hate themselves to the death for a reason. Just go to social if FC is unballanced and call for help.

God fukin damn it, just do not allow this game to fall into this red vs blue team shit.

17 minutes ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

@BrandonBranderson Dude u went like far off, like u almost fell off the edge and broke yo legs just to prove ur point. Its a war between anarchists and the ones who make living out of killing them. They both hate themselves to the death for a reason. Just go to social if FC is unballanced and call for help.

God fukin damn it, just do not allow this game to fall into this red vs blue team shit.

Lol calm down, it was just a joke.  I wasn't really trying to prove a point with that statement.  My real point is that fight club is already just an unfair red vs blue game due to how one team usually ends  up with twice as many players as the opposition leaving fight club as a one sided mess, and LTL and sirens don't seem like enough to justify a completely one sided match in a mode that is just team deathmatch, sometimes with a keep-away objective if you're in Asylum.  An autobalance at the beginning of each round would solve this issue.  Going to Social doesn't always work.  Some people go there to hang out, some go to customize.  Sure you might grab a few sometimes, but usually everyone is kinda doing their own thing, not waiting to be invited to fight club.