Sign in to follow this  
Defibrillator

Please reset player roles and stats before

Players are very much happy cuz little orbit is gonna unban most of the FF Banned players and now i see many old players coming to the game. There are a few players who are against this unban thing. I know there had been a couple of false positives in the game and Fairfight was slow in banning the cheaters as well. But lets not forget there were more people who were cheating than who got false banned. 

But lets not forget about the kills those players got. They got their accts back and they are happy. But what about the players who feeded them all these months/years? If possible kindly reset the player roles, kills and money they have earned in the game. So let them earn it in a rightful manner.

Share your opinions about this.

• Like 1

There was another thread exactly like this. Again, I don't think it'd be fair to those that were falsely FairFight banned, which may be more than you think. It'd be super demotivating to have everything erased if you weren't cheating. I'd be all for it if there was any way to actually tell the false bans apart, but sadly I don't think that's the case.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Defibrillator said:

But lets not forget there were more people who were cheating than who got false banned. 

This is pure speculation. I'd like to keep my progression that I earned. Thanks. 

As @freq said there are false bans to deal with, it is not fair.

2 minutes ago, Takotak said:

As @freq said there are false bans to deal with, it is not fair.

Ok, how about the players who "carried everyone" in fc ? There are players who made 100k kills and their bans are well deserved lets not forget that.

12 minutes ago, Defibrillator said:

Players are very much happy cuz little orbit is gonna unban most of the FF Banned players

Sure, really happy.

No no, really happy.

I really mean it i promise.

I never lie, im so happy that i am not lying.

Edited by LuzExtinguido

1 minute ago, Defibrillator said:

Ok, how about the players who "carried everyone" in fc ? There are players who made 100k kills and their bans are well deserved lets not forget that.

I understand actually, but don't you think staff has other interesting things to do than finding who was legit who wasn't so they just reset their stats ? I don't think so.

Sounds fair to me.  If they earned that progression while cheating it's null. If not then fine just unban them. I'm sure they will sort out everything and see who needs to actually be unbanned. At least you got your account back...

Unfortunately, a lot of people who did get banned came back cheating full force reroll faceroll. Let us see how that changes with BE/FF. They might be at the point of no return...

Absolutely not. That is a ludicrous idea. Players who were falsely banned, and even cheaters.. don't deserve that. Matt said this is about giving people another chance.

It would just be cruel, and Matt is a nice guy.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Laser said:

Absolutely not. That is a ludicrous idea. Players who were falsely banned, and even cheaters.. don't deserve that. Matt said this is about giving people another chance.

say a 10% of the players in the ffbans are banned falsely (still a huge number tho') but players would be glad to get their accts back. Time teaches some important things, thats why they say "serving time" let these guys do that as well. Reset the player stats, it would be fine.

total bans ~17k

false bans ~1.7k

How exactly were so many people supposedly falsely FairFight banned? I really don't get it. My friends and I have never had an issue regarding any kind of moderation, let alone a ban. We don't argue and start fights with GMs, we don't act toxic, we don't tamper with shaders/crosshairs, we don't push those lines between creative/abusive when taking advantage of the creative tools, and we don't cheat. How did, more or less, completely innocent people manage to get banned from APB?

34 minutes ago, Laser said:

Can anyone think of the cheaters and their feelings? They are victimis of today society!!!

How could you dare to even remotely think to reset their gained stats... can you even imagine the amount of suffering they been through by losing their legit accounts every-single-day?

How cruel... what most harms me inside is that anyone can be so goddamn cruel in this world.

You KNOW nothing and as has been stated they would rather let the guilty free than punish the innocent. So per Supports own statement "No" is your answer.

Get over it, it doesn't hurt you in anyway for them to keep their stats. It may effect the in game economy some that they get to profit off cheats but that is not your choice to make now is it?

Not all bans on FF were for cheating. And they already said that some bans were questionable.

No use making more work for themselves just unban and be on their way.

Edited by Shini
  • Like 1

My vote is that if an account got banned then it needs to be reset upon reinstatement.  If you wanted to keep your progression maybe you shouldn't have cheated to get it.  If you want a clean slate then you get one.

2 minutes ago, Kairi said:

How exactly were so many people supposedly falsely FairFight banned? I really don't get it. My friends and I have never had an issue regarding any kind of moderation, let alone a ban. We don't argue and start fights with GMs, we don't act toxic, we don't tamper with shaders/crosshairs, we don't push those lines between creative/abusive when taking advantage of the creative tools, and we don't cheat. How did, more or less, completely innocent people manage to get banned from APB?

Because if you cut a foot long ruler down enough eventually it looks like everything is a mile long. That is what previous management did, they screwed around with settings and didn't pay for updates to FF for years and that made it a horrible tool for seeing the truth. If you cover your windows with crap, all you will see is crap.

Just now, Panicbutton said:

My vote is that if an account got banned then it needs to be reset upon reinstatement.  If you wanted to keep your progression maybe you shouldn't have cheated to get it.  If you want a clean slate then you get one.

it’s apparently very hard to understand that there were false bans, and therefore you would effectively be punishing innocent players twice - once by getting false banned in the first place, and twice by resetting their accounts after they finally get unbanned

5 minutes ago, Kairi said:

Because you are not good enough for the system to think you been cheating.

git gud

You know its lying, and may explain the ddos that are happening.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Panicbutton said:

Good thing it is not Up for a vote, cause its not for you to decide. Notice the sticky Post that says this thread will get deleted?

It's funny how most the people that think like this sound like uneducated kids. Glad none of you are in power and never will be. What if i told you not everyone that has authority is always right. Tiggs was corrupt. She banned people for stupid reasons because she did not care about the future of the game. She only cared about milking it. Not only that but support was absolutely useless and did nothing to look into it. Techmech gave her total power over the game and she treated it like her little dictatorship allowing her to make people worship the ground she walked on. 

• Like 1

Just a question coming from someone who doesn't even know APB has stats... but what is even the deal about it?

If you were banned, you lost the account. You are left with zero. But now you might have it back... So regardless of the stats being kept or resetted, it's already a great reward. I don't see any "double punishment" as some say.

5 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

it’s apparently very hard to understand that there were false bans, and therefore you would effectively be punishing innocent players twice - once by getting false banned in the first place, and twice by resetting their accounts after they finally get unbanned

I understand it just fine.  I would rather players that got falsely banned start over than give everyone who cheated their sh!t back.  It's a bad situation but achievements mean nothing if they don't wipe the unbanned accounts.

3 minutes ago, ThatOneJerk said:

It's funny how most the people that think like this sound like uneducated kids. Glad none of you are in power and never will be. What if i told you not everyone that has authority is always right. Tiggs was corrupt. She banned people for stupid reasons because she did not care about the future of the game. She only cared about milking it. Not only that but support was absolutely useless and did nothing to look into it. Techmech gave her total power over the game and she treated it like her little dictatorship allowing her to make people worship the ground she walked on. 

If that one jerk says so...

Don't worry, you'll get your censorship for those who are disgusted with unbanning cheaters.

And here we go again, this going to be interesting...

Just now, Panicbutton said:

I understand it just fine.  I would rather players that got falsely banned start over than give everyone who cheated their sh!t back.  It's a bad situation but achievements mean nothing if they don't wipe the unbanned accounts.

"I'd rather see innocent people be punished for crimes they didn't commit than let a criminal get away" Such a moronic statement.

• Like 3