Jump to content
Javanick

Making APB Reloaded more new player friendly

Recommended Posts

Just a suggestion Little Orbit that may bring new players to the game...

Adding features that would only be available to new players/account like Login Daily Rewards....that would features some simple rewards that new players could obtain upon logging in to the game daily

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some rewards till x rank doesnt seem like a bad idea however there are bigger things that need fixing in order for the game to be better for new peeps.

1. Fix threat system so it properly reflects someones skill and cant be abused (dethreating)
2. Fix matchmaking so games group similarly skilled ppl better ( no 1 also helps with this)
3. Fix the community so they dont take dumps on anyone lower then max threat (The toxicity in here is too corrosive and needs to be washed away)
4. Fix the mission point system. You can get way too much for doing nothing and it makes for lower ranks to rank up at a ridiculous rate. Slow it down and give em time to lrn before they get to the mid range ranks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1st is not here the place for this topic and 2nd u cant make the game noob friendly only with daily reward when u have in mind that they will be forced to play in bronze dist. where bronzes,silvers and golds play all in 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The threat system is totally broken so this would be a good place to start.

A year or so back I made another account so that I could test the threat system, I deliberately played like a complete idiot, I didn't get a single kill or complete any objectives and yet within 10 or so missions I made it to silver simply because my team kept winning, so threat has absolutely nothing to do with individual player skill which is totally ridiculous.

Edited by TheDogCatcher
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

3. Fix the community so they dont take dumps on anyone lower then max threat

I agree yet disagree with this  statement.
too many who aren't good enough to be gold call anyone who kills them a cheater which is a major cause of toxic behavior as well.
with how its not hard to get gold , it says a lot of their skill vs someone who can get gold.

I blame the threat system...seriously I do.
and  yes massive points for doing nothing is absurd. Not good to raise ranks up for people who cant shoot or drive or even know the map for good strategy plays.

on a different thread recently on the forums players said the tutorial needs a complete rework because of lack of skill training and how its just not too clear on some of it to them.
the suggested a noob training area like a shooting range tutorial or something like that so that they can be trained properly. I think its planetside 2 that has something like that as well.

Then there's cosmetics that can help bring in a new player base. clothes are always a good thing since who wants that tacky starter clothes set all the time. lots of new clothes. tons.

Also to me its creepy that my character never makes no sound.... having a choice of default voices would be nice as a cosmetic to make players like APB more. many games have that feature.
And a voice taunt system built with those voices would be interesting as well.
On heroes of the storm sgt hammer says "you'd make a fine looking crater" and abathur says  "unacceptable must eliminate leave no trace left"
something civil enough for kids but annoying enough to want to hunt them down...a lot

all I can think of to make it funner and more friendly for new players at the moment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Some rewards till x rank doesnt seem like a bad idea however there are bigger things that need fixing in order for the game to be better for new peeps.

1. Fix threat system so it properly reflects someones skill and cant be abused (dethreating)
2. Fix matchmaking so games group similarly skilled ppl better ( no 1 also helps with this)
3. Fix the community so they dont take dumps on anyone lower then max threat (The toxicity in here is too corrosive and needs to be washed away)
4. Fix the mission point system. You can get way too much for doing nothing and it makes for lower ranks to rank up at a ridiculous rate. Slow it down and give em time to lrn before they get to the mid range ranks.

5. Add an actual tutorial system or dedicated district. Doesn't need to have opposed missions, just highlight mission objectives, point out what they need to do, how much time they have left, etc.
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Kiida said:
9 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Some rewards till x rank doesnt seem like a bad idea however there are bigger things that need fixing in order for the game to be better for new peeps.

1. Fix threat system so it properly reflects someones skill and cant be abused (dethreating)
2. Fix matchmaking so games group similarly skilled ppl better ( no 1 also helps with this)
3. Fix the community so they dont take dumps on anyone lower then max threat (The toxicity in here is too corrosive and needs to be washed away)
4. Fix the mission point system. You can get way too much for doing nothing and it makes for lower ranks to rank up at a ridiculous rate. Slow it down and give em time to lrn before they get to the mid range ranks.

5. Add an actual tutorial system or dedicated district. Doesn't need to have opposed missions, just highlight mission objectives, point out what they need to do, how much time they have left, etc.
i’ve seen a lot let’s play apb videos on youtube and most of them ended not knowing what to do. Open a door tutorial is an example. they can’t find activable doors. And got frustrated easily. They are shooting non mission players and saying “what a shit game i can’t even shot players” etc...
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No. NO. NO! Thats the worst thing that can happen to ANY online game. Havent you played other online games, MMORPGs? Free items are clear sign of despair, and decadency. Its the sign that something is wrong with the game. I know games that have removed exactly this, cuz it REPELS new players, and sane players.

If there is such a "reward system", it means that game doesnt have what it takes to get and keep new players. It means that the game is rly in bad state, and we dont want to give out such a sygnal to the world.

Fix matchmaking. Add tutorial map with a few objectives and tips, cuz new players often does not know what to do, and what is this game all about. Problem solved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you give new players nooby-specific rewards and activities, all that's going to happen is that new players won't actually get any benefit from it but veterans will farm the hell out of those activities with smurf accounts 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are all wrong. The main problem is: a new player creates a character, then the game connects him to a district, and guess what threat level distrct? Silver. That should not happen. The game should connect players to one threat level below character's threat level (put gold players in silver distrcts, silver players in bronze). Newbies should be forced to play in bronze districts even if they are gold at rank 13. Literally no one presses 'Join financial district' on the district selection screen if they know about the 'advanced' tab. The next thing is somehow advising newbies to play with OCA, PMG or N-TEC 5 but this is not that important

Edited by nikitos5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a lot they could do to make it more noob friendly in the right way and I assume stuff like that will come after they get the engine working.
edit: also suprised there aren't more advanced tutorials for combat n mechanics by players. don be shy

Edited by Mozie
;);)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*noobs make char and auto join*

*gets auto-ready and thrown in an open group*

*goes against a group of max rank pioneer remote detonator spamming patootie max rank players*

*goes 0-13*

"Meh this is not cool man, let's play fortnite or pubg, or ring of elysium it's currently hot right now"
"Ye sure this game is garbage"

Edited by Keshi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:
I agree yet disagree with this  statement.
too many who aren't good enough to be gold call anyone who kills them a cheater which is a major cause of toxic behavior as well.
with how its not hard to get gold , it says a lot of their skill vs someone who can get gold.

I blame the threat system...seriously I do.
and  yes massive points for doing nothing is absurd. Not good to raise ranks up for people who cant shoot or drive or even know the map for good strategy plays.

on a different thread recently on the forums players said the tutorial needs a complete rework because of lack of skill training and how its just not too clear on some of it to them.
the suggested a noob training area like a shooting range tutorial or something like that so that they can be trained properly. I think its planetside 2 that has something like that as well.

Then there's cosmetics that can help bring in a new player base. clothes are always a good thing since who wants that tacky starter clothes set all the time. lots of new clothes. tons.

Also to me its creepy that my character never makes no sound.... having a choice of default voices would be nice as a cosmetic to make players like APB more. many games have that feature.
And a voice taunt system built with those voices would be interesting as well.
On heroes of the storm sgt hammer says "you'd make a fine looking crater" and abathur says  "unacceptable must eliminate leave no trace left"
something civil enough for kids but annoying enough to want to hunt them down...a lot

all I can think of to make it funner and more friendly for new players at the moment

Yes it goes both ways however there will always be ppl calling others a hacker, its part of gaming and wont go away, especially with APBs still overly high hacker count. As for threat it will never be proper untill its no longer based off an easy to abuse point system. They can rework it all they want but as long as its points based it will keep being abused as is. There are too many scrubs in this playerbase looking to take advantage of new players and dont want to fight similarly skilled players or just want to berate low threats to feel gud about themselves.

6 hours ago, Kiida said:
15 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Some rewards till x rank doesnt seem like a bad idea however there are bigger things that need fixing in order for the game to be better for new peeps.

1. Fix threat system so it properly reflects someones skill and cant be abused (dethreating)
2. Fix matchmaking so games group similarly skilled ppl better ( no 1 also helps with this)
3. Fix the community so they dont take dumps on anyone lower then max threat (The toxicity in here is too corrosive and needs to be washed away)
4. Fix the mission point system. You can get way too much for doing nothing and it makes for lower ranks to rank up at a ridiculous rate. Slow it down and give em time to lrn before they get to the mid range ranks.

5. Add an actual tutorial system or dedicated district. Doesn't need to have opposed missions, just highlight mission objectives, point out what they need to do, how much time they have left, etc.
That is also a good idea
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Keshi said:

*noobs make char and auto join*

*gets auto-ready and thrown in an open group*

*goes against a group of max rank pioneer remote detonator spamming patootie max rank players*

*goes 0-13*

"Meh this is not cool man, let's play fortnite or pubg, or ring of elysium it's currently hot right now"
"Ye sure this game is garbage"

And there it is. That's the real deal right there, was going to say it myself.

I vaguely remember my first time playing and the tutorial was more involved. With a voiceover telling yoi to press F to kick open doors and climb fences.

I have the refer a friend banner display sign. 
I made mine and my spray tag. 

New Players
Press escape. Join district, etc
To explain how to get out if rapeville. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Havana said:
And there it is. That's the real deal right there, was going to say it myself.

I vaguely remember my first time playing and the tutorial was more involved. With a voiceover telling yoi to press F to kick open doors and climb fences.
 
i dont think theres ever been a voiceover

the old "tutorial" district would just take you through a few unopposed missions with some pop up info boxes, then give you the option to stay in the tutorial district or leave to a regular district
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I distinctly remember only that at a voice told me to open a door. And it said we kick open doors r around here. 

5 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
i dont think theres ever been a voiceover

the old "tutorial" district would just take you through a few unopposed missions with some pop up info boxes, then give you the option to stay in the tutorial district or leave to a regular district
And that would be better to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
i dont think theres ever been a voiceover

the old "tutorial" district would just take you through a few unopposed missions with some pop up info boxes, then give you the option to stay in the tutorial district or leave to a regular district
would be better tbh... and u never know, maybe a server merge and have 1 server and remove threat districts and fix matchmaking. I tihnk there would be enough players for all districts regarding the ranks and to have the most fair rankbased players vs players. Sadly it's eaier said than done since we've been waiting for an engine upgrade since it was announced in 2012 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...