Jump to content
ZoriaDunne

Cooling Jacket & Improved Rifling

Recommended Posts

Now that IR reduces your Firerate to give you some extra range, why don't you rework Cooling jacket so it doesn't worsen your base accuracy? It makes any weapon kinda unplayable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

do we even play the same game? cj3 is useful on a good handful of weapons 

how big are your hands

(relevant question to stay on topic)
what would you recommend the cj3 on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

do we even play the same game? cj3 is useful on a good handful of weapons 

The only weapon I find it useful is HVR tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obeya, JG, shredder, OCA, PMG, ALIG... don't remember more right now

oh yeah, HVR, NTEC if your play style is for it.

Edited by Psygo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Aeronaut said:
how big are your hands

(relevant question to stay on topic)
what would you recommend the cj3 on?
pretty much any cqc weapon (except shotguns and the pmg, not a big fan of cj3 on pmg)
snipers (except dmr av)
obeya (and obir since ir3 is eh now)
shaw
carbine (if ur fingers have down syndrome)
opgl 
nl9 

and osmaw :^)



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
pretty much any cqc weapon (except shotguns and the pmg, not a big fan of cj3 on pmg)
snipers (except dmr av)
obeya (and obir since ir3 is eh now)
shaw
carbine (if ur fingers have down syndrome)
opgl 
nl9 

and osmaw :^)



 
That uh, Carbine part is a little interesting to say the least.
Would argue cj on carbine is quite fundamental against people who only use pointman weapons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheKeanuReeves said:

rework Cooling jacket so it doesn't worsen your base accuracy

Literally not how the mod works, and it'd be nice if you people stopped spreading that misinformation.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hexerin said:
1 hour ago, TheKeanuReeves said:

rework Cooling jacket so it doesn't worsen your base accuracy

Literally not how the mod works, and it'd be nice if you people stopped spreading that misinformation.
9M3YBpq.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
-large image snip-
Minimum is not base. Minimum is the theoretical worst state the accuracy can be in, whereas base is the resting accuracy when unaffected by any factors (movement, jumping, firing, etc).

  Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

do we even play the same game? cj3 is useful on a good handful of weapons 

^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lucidy said:
That uh, Carbine part is a little interesting to say the least.
Would argue cj on carbine is quite fundamental against people who only use pointman weapons.
tbh at this point there’s no reason not to use cooling jacket on the carbine, since rifling has been relegated to the trash heap

i still prefer no cooling jacket carbine tho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:
tbh at this point there’s no reason not to use cooling jacket on the carbine, since rifling has been relegated to the trash heap

i still prefer no cooling jacket carbine tho
for me it really depends on the situation

so for example, in asylum I just use cj carbine. if we were talking missions against ntec users, I'd probably just use stock carbine to poke more from further distances

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Psygo said:

Obeya, JG, shredder, OCA, PMG, ALIG... don't remember more right now

oh yeah, HVR, NTEC if your play style is for it.

Alig? CJ in Alig makes it miss almost every shoot over 30m.
That of my hit reg is f*cked up. Edited by TheKeanuReeves
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cooling Jacket is fine how it is, there's certain guns that you wouldn't want CJ on, just like there's guns you don't want want IR on

6 hours ago, Psygo said:

Obeya, JG, shredder, OCA, PMG, ALIG... 

Dont use CJ on a ALIG >.>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cooling jacket is good on everything that doesn't have a higher per shot modifier than it's shot modifier cap. The mod description is a bit misleading, it should specifically say which modifier it affects. The proper way to do it would be to display the changes on the weapon itself like it does on db.apbvault.net

14 hours ago, foolish ninja said:

CJ has a bigger downside than upsides.

It depends on the weapon and the capability of the user. Weapons like the ALIG and DMR perform worse, while the OSCAR and OBIR perform better because they will never reach the shot modifier cap. The Joker carbine works better if you don't spasm your entire mag.

The N-TEC had a much greater benefit when it had the curved bloom mechanic because you could get your burst shots out faster, without affecting the overall bloom per shot enough to hurt it within it's max damage range. Now it's not as useful.

Edited by MrsHappyPenguin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Hexerin said:
Minimum is not base. Minimum is the theoretical worst state the accuracy can be in, whereas base is the resting accuracy when unaffected by any factors (movement, jumping, firing, etc).

 

*le sigh*

what game are you even playing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But for OBIR the changes are verry useless. And for other burst weapons... thats fact.

Haha, for the Obir IR is shit, as same as CJ.

You Cant fire faster because the burst intervalls are limited.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SpeedyCat said:

But for OBIR the changes are verry useless. And for other burst weapons... thats fact.

Haha, for the Obir IR is shit, as same as CJ.

You Cant fire faster because the burst intervalls are limited.

Unless this is a change in last weeks patch, CJ should still reduce the time needed between clicks. It's minimal, but enough to determine if your misclick shoots or not.


Eh, I'll test it out with a macro. Hopefully BE doesn't freak out. Edited by MrsHappyPenguin
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, but the Premodded armas shit like the Vostock is still broken.

If wish i never bought premodded stuff at my APB beginning in APB xD


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

idk if im playing the same game as ya all but
i thought cooling jacket increases reticle bloom per shot

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:
Unless this is a change in last weeks patch, CJ should still reduce the time needed between clicks. It's minimal, but enough to determine if your misclick shoots or not.


Eh, I'll test it out with a macro. Hopefully BE doesn't freak out.
ima shootin my riffle like shaw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Haganu said:

idk if im playing the same game as ya all but
i thought cooling jacket increases reticle bloom per shot

Technically it does on some weapons, because they have less time to recover from bloom, but that's not how the mod works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2018 at 11:00 AM, MrsHappyPenguin said:
Unless this is a change in last weeks patch, CJ should still reduce the time needed between clicks. It's minimal, but enough to determine if your misclick shoots or not.


Eh, I'll test it out with a macro. Hopefully BE doesn't freak out.

I tested the OSCAR and OBIR's max rate of fire with and without CJ3. Guess what? APB BROKE! The firerate became random, making it impossible to test. GG.

I'm NOT being sarcastic, The OSCAR and OBIR stopped firing consistently after using a macro on them. The single fire and full auto weapons still worked, so I think it's a bug. I can say this much, the stats on APBVault may not be accurate. 0.175 was too slow for the OSCAR. I remember a while back testing it and it was around 0.158, but I can't test it now because well, APB's broken. Edited by MrsHappyPenguin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...