Salvick

Wipe out of current threat ratings to start from scratch after some needed tweaks and changes are made?

Threat/Rating Wipe Out  

71 members have voted

1. 1. If threat/rating system changes; Should we have a total wipe and re-rate player's threat from scratch?

• Yes, it will improve match making.
    • No, nothing will change if we carry our threat level to the new system.

2 minutes ago, BetaAlanine said:

Yes and no, bring back the old -x% rewards + u get 0 points for any of ur roles if you are out of your own threat district, then we will see if people "just wanna have fun" or wanted to farm noobis for roles.

I know the answer but i still want them high silvers who bash noobs to suffer a little too 

would make sense but those 50 goldies will cry hard on the forum saying "BUT BUT mah population to low to play "and get allowed to play vs one thread lower" and they will cry so hard and multiple times daily that it will happen, G1 2x listened to the vocal minority of those cryhards and thats what made us have what we have.

Let them cry new players are the most important thing in any mmo and g1 couldnt save apb cuz they didnt realize that simple fact.

It was more important to let r255 silvers farm them with carsurfing shaws...

Lets hope LO knows how to protect the noobs.

Make the Open conflict district the current default, and add matchmaking. You get a fuller district, and no limitations on being able to play. Right now, if you're gold, you want to do missions, unless you're getting on in off hours, you have to wait for a while to get into a district, it's not really easy to do missions in gold districts when everyone's playing in silver. Desegregating the community, not broadcasting your threat to other players will reduce the stigma of threat, or even not showing it at all; It should be a background process. When you remove these threat locked districts, have multiple open districts, and improve matchmaking, or allow for matchmaking in the Open Conflict districts, the population won't cripple itself, as was not maintained by G1.

Dethreating was a huge problem. I haven't seen it occur much recently, but that doesn't mean it's not happening. The reason to dethreat was to enter the locked lower threat districts. The desegregation, and changes to matchmaking, whilst solely having open districts, will hurt the sole reason to dethreat. The only one left would be to get less skilled opposition in missions. In doing so, make threat invisible, and then you don't know your matchmaking "level" you can't "dethreat" when unable to see your threat. If Little Orbit change the algorithms or the entire system all together for threat as was discussed in the Q&A, then the solutions have already been discussed.

10 hours ago, Ken2 said:

Before any changes to threat system and matchmaking is done, we should wait to get a big population again.

Players should not be punished by their skill or time spent in the game, all the contrary.

Is like we should hide players customizations or symbols because they are way too good at it (?).

Dethreaters exist because facing another player of the same level is not well rewarded, plus cheaters. And going to lower threats they get the same rewards as they would on top and with easier oponents. Abusing lower skilled players has come an addiction it seems.

-Better rewards should fix this: money, progression, adquiring more useful items, cars etc.

-Incentive players to get better and spend time in the game, like they are actually progressing. Remove easy ways to get money like ramming, that would incentive players to find ways to make money.

-Ranking up to max would allow you to join the new map. Pushing players to rank up and spend time in the game, and completly rekt them if they are caught cheating because they would need to spend huge time to access said map.

There are so many ways to reward and incentive a player to get better and spend time in the game. Use your imagination.

You are soo right let me hug you!

1 hour ago, LilyV3 said:

would make sense but those 50 goldies will cry hard on the forum saying "BUT BUT mah population to low to play "and get allowed to paly vs one thread lower" and they will cry so hard and multiple times daily that it will happen, G1 2x listened to the vocal minority of those cryhards and thats what made us have what we have.

I don't want to fight strictly against silvers or bronzes, but limiting me and my friends to gold only districts is not fun because we fight the same people over and over again. The segregation is the root cause of the playerbase skill stagnation and the attitude that bronzes and silvers should be protected from golds, so they have no incentive to improve. And green? What is even the deal with green? 

27 minutes ago, Knite said:

I don't want to fight strictly against silvers or bronzes, but limiting me and my friends to gold only districts is not fun because we fight the same people over and over again. The segregation is the root cause of the playerbase skill stagnation and the attitude that bronzes and silvers should be protected from golds, so they have no incentive to improve. And green? What is even the deal with green? 

without dirtrict crossing matchmaking the silvers fight and die to the same goldd over and over again. same unfun thing.

and no "incentive to improve" is a painfully misunderstood thing. Do you know that some people cannot improve further? Not everyone can get the same skill and some are silvers for Life even if they try hard. Improvement is for new people and those not hitting their own personal skillceiling.

You shouldn't as a higher skilled palyer expect them having to play against you when your aren't willing to play agoints your own all the time. Thats just wrong.

5 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

would make sense but those 50 goldies will cry hard on the forum saying "BUT BUT mah population to low to play "and get allowed to paly vs one thread lower" and they will cry so hard and multiple times daily that it will happen, G1 2x listened to the vocal minority of those cryhards and thats what made us have what we have.

4 hours ago, Sergsininia said:

Make the Open conflict district the current default, and add matchmaking. You get a fuller district, and no limitations on being able to play. Right now, if you're gold, you want to do missions, unless you're getting on in off hours, you have to wait for a while to get into a district, it's not really easy to do missions in gold districts when everyone's playing in silver. Desegregating the community, not broadcasting your threat to other players will reduce the stigma of threat, or even not showing it at all; It should be a background process. When you remove these threat locked districts, have multiple open districts, and improve matchmaking, or allow for matchmaking in the Open Conflict districts, the population won't cripple itself, as was not maintained by G1.

Dethreating was a huge problem. I haven't seen it occur much recently, but that doesn't mean it's not happening. The reason to dethreat was to enter the locked lower threat districts. The desegregation, and changes to matchmaking, whilst solely having open districts, will hurt the sole reason to dethreat. The only one left would be to get less skilled opposition in missions. In doing so, make threat invisible, and then you don't know your matchmaking "level" you can't "dethreat" when unable to see your threat. If Little Orbit change the algorithms or the entire system all together for threat as was discussed in the Q&A, then the solutions have already been discussed.

I think I forgot to address this in the op, but yes, also that, threat shouldn't be visible at all. You want to brag about your stats? Then you can show a screenshot or streaming, but having it as a conditionality for anyone playing the game? It doesn't helps grow the population and discourages the casual players while also causes a huge stigma and leads to the terrible toxicity you can see these days when everybody who barely hit gold starts calling names on everyone else who isn't actually gold.

3 hours ago, Knite said:

Wouldn't call it "protecting" but yes, this is pretty much the issue. Indeed imo when they did this it was because they were actually protecting a minority of players who are actually the average gold ones and being the ones who are around forums and streamings more often they convinced the old game management that the game should be like they think should be, leaving the rest of the players totally out from giving any opinion since, if they are still struggling to understand the game and improve, how could they be even worried about coming to the forums and give an opinion? Specially when they might feel they "don't understand the game yet" since they are not gold.

3 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

without dirtrict crossing matchmaking the silvers fight and die to the same goldd over and over again. same unfun thing.

and no "incentive to improve" is a painfully misunderstood thing. Do you know that some people cannot improve further? Not everyone can get the same skill and some are silvers for Life even if they try hard. Improvement is for new people and those not hitting their own personal skillceiling.

You shouldn't as a higher skilled palyer expect them having to play against you when your aren't willing to play agoints your own all the time. Thats just wrong.

That's an excellent input, thank you for bringing this,  I totally agree and this is how it is in reality, but you still need to have incentives for them to improve, if you can't improve further it shouldn't be a matter of a problem, you could still get rewarded and still try to see if you ever climb up a little be in the rankings.

Please, check the suggestion I'm bringing regarding all this discussion to see what I'm talking about when I talk about a rewards system with prizes for climbing up the rankings, you'll see is not like that I'm proposing to give relevant prizes only for the best players and enforce the "noobs"  to get better or get lost. I'm talking about a decent incentive for players focused mainly in the newcomers, who are the ones that are more often afraid of climbing up to silver/gold threat because they know there are players that actually stomp them so hard that they finally quit playing the game at all.

This is indeed the reason why everyone who barely played the game less than a year or a couple of months thinks the game is pay2win, because the high rank golds usually also have the knowledge of the game and its weapons so most of the times they have permanent "premium" guns or just the leased ones from Joker Tickets and less skilled players, aka newcomers, thinks they can't beat those players because they are using paid weapons, while it is just matter of map awareness and team work, you can see this happening when a lone-wolf max rank gold or two gets teamed against a pre-made team of 3 or 4 silvers and bronzies and if they learned how to protect a spot they could easily win over those that were supposed to be the "most skilled" players in that given match.

I'm holding a bunch of permanent ARMAS guns in my locker along with a dozen of legendary weapons too and I always stick to the stock Joker Carbine switching sometimes to Obeya or N-Tec, rendering my other guns pretty useless tbh.

3 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

Well imho silvers are the only ones who benefit from the current system.

As gold (fake gold) ure fighting golds of ur own skill or the high end blatants noone else gets opposed with, the bronzes and Ts are getting farmed by high silver who manage to escape from the gold cheaters cuz you know all golds cheat in their eyes so its a justification to farm noobs with 30/2. 

Thats "fun" to them.

They burst out in tears when they hear words like challenge or improve.

16 hours ago, Salvick said:

I came to this interrogation:

You're really serious about threat wiping aren't you

2 minutes ago, Nevv said:

You're really serious about threat wiping aren't you

No? I don't care much, but since the "de-threating" issue escalated so far that is totally out of control, we all know a huge portion of the habitue players have break the threat rating system.

I include myself, I've been always against dethreating to the point that back in the days of these events where you could earn G1C and JMB by winning missions grouped with your clan mates I ended up disbanding half of my clan in its best times because my clannies were de-threating on purpose to farm the event and a few of us got stuck in gold districts without chance of participate in the event because no one wanted to play in gold districts with us.

Don't you remember that messed up event? A horde of cheaters invaded gold districts and every player around was creating temporary clans just to farm the event.

And before someone comes to say something about me if they saw me around ingame, yes I ended up dethreating myself too a feew times (which I regret since my threat is broken now), and it was in the worst times of the game when the old management demonstrated a lack of interest in helping anyone ingame, back then, since I returned to play after a quick break, I was willing to rebuild my clan and had a bunch of bronze and silver new players who really wanted to play with me and I really wanted to help them get introduced to the game but I would never pull them to gold instances at the state the game was in these times.

I'd add that I learned from that experience, after playing so long in gold instances and finally switching to silver districts, I've found out the nicest people of this community was there, relaxed players having fun and being nice and kind to each other as I've never seen before in any gold instances...that confirms too that the amount of toxicity between the hardcore players is not only huge but also encouraged by such threat system.

And the old game staff, both RTW and G1, always did their part from Sovereign issues to who knows which other clans nowadays, they encouraged elitism to the point that they even had that sort of "whitelisted" clans, and no one deny this.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Salvick said:

Wat

I was honestly just taking a jab at the wording "interrogation" 

giphy.gif

Edited by Nevv

you can create a new account and get gold by winning 3 missions or more, wiping out won't change anything at all.

just bring back the old threat system already

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

I don't think the current system is good; it's prone to abuse, and I don't like seeing new players get discouraged because a dethreater is running train in a bronze district. I understand that some players are limited to whatever their threat is, but that's not all the people who are staying in green or bronze districts.

The population is too small to support segregation, and the way that threat is currently assessed, the skill variances within each threat are wild; one of my good buddies is borderline silver/gold, but he's honestly one of the better players I've grouped with, and some of my solid gold friends aren't quite as good. Then there are silvers that constantly surprise you with how little they understand about the game; part of that is due to the tutorial's lack of clarity and ease of use, but some of these players never venture out of bronze districts, so they're limited to dethreaters and other people sticking to bronze districts, and consequently don't learn very much. We're not just talking about aiming abilities here, though with how the score system affects threat, kills do disproportionately matter.

The old threat system (and lack of segregation) was better in this regard, as it was only based off your last 50 missions' W/R with a focus on the most recent 20; the variation in players getting teamed up was better for teaching moments.

11 hours ago, Salvick said:

Wouldn't call it "protecting" but yes, this is pretty much the issue. Indeed imo when they did this it was because they were actually protecting a minority of players who are actually the average gold ones and being the ones who are around forums and streamings more often they convinced the old game management that the game should be like they think should be, leaving the rest of the players totally out from giving any opinion since, if they are still struggling to understand the game and improve, how could they be even worried about coming to the forums and give an opinion? Specially when they might feel they "don't understand the game yet" since they are not gold.

It is an issue of protecting those players; that's the exact reason that segregation was introduced, and why initially, golds were locked to gold districts. This decision was protested largely by the "gold" community as well, not because anyone wants to stomp noobs, but because it does nothing helpful for new players aside from coddle them indefinitely and give an environment for dethreaters to thrive. Your second point seems like pure conjecture, however; I can't say why the forum population is so small and largely full of what most people would consider "veterans", but I welcome anyone's feedback so long as it's constructive. Perhaps there should be a link to the forums in the game launcher? (there already is, but the link is broken)

Edited by Knite

3 hours ago, Knite said:

I don't think the current system is good; it's prone to abuse, and I don't like seeing new players get discouraged because a dethreater is running train in a bronze district. I understand that some players are limited to whatever their threat is, but that's not all the people who are staying in green or bronze districts.

The population is too small to support segregation, and the way that threat is currently assessed, the skill variances within each threat are wild; one of my good buddies is borderline silver/gold, but he's honestly one of the better players I've grouped with, and some of my solid gold friends aren't quite as good. Then there are silvers that constantly surprise you with how little they understand about the game; part of that is due to the tutorial's lack of clarity and ease of use, but some of these players never venture out of bronze districts, so they're limited to dethreaters and other people sticking to bronze districts, and consequently don't learn very much. We're not just talking about aiming abilities here, though with how the score system affects threat, kills do disproportionately matter.

The old threat system (and lack of segregation) was better in this regard, as it was only based off your last 50 missions' W/R with a focus on the most recent 20; the variation in players getting teamed up was better for teaching moments.

It is an issue of protecting those players; that's the exact reason that segregation was introduced, and why initially, golds were locked to gold districts. This decision was protested largely by the "gold" community as well, not because anyone wants to stomp noobs, but because it does nothing helpful for new players aside from coddle them indefinitely and give an environment for dethreaters to thrive. Your second point seems like pure conjecture, however; I can't say why the forum population is so small and largely full of what most people would consider "veterans", but I welcome anyone's feedback so long as it's constructive. Perhaps there should be a link to the forums in the game launcher? (there already is, but the link is broken)

Sorry Knite but I need to give you a history lesson. (but you are longer here than I and should know that story)

Once uppon a time where was an APB with free to join colored servers, everyone could join every server, but we had no district spinup and joining a server manually gave penalties. Also being in a server with many bronzes gave goldies HUGE (more than an hour) wait times to get missions. It was the days when goldies started crying about the game taking so long to find opponents, and bronzes saying it is pointless to play vs golds. Goldies also said G1, they want better matches by not having to wait an hour and trahsing bronzes in a single step mission, They said they don't want getting bronzes (because it would be boring to farm them) as opponents at all. They wanted equal challange and stuff - at leats thats what they said. and if the old forum has soem archive surely LO could find it somewhere. They also claimed if gold districts were available they wouldn't have to join silver and bronze ones anymore and not having to farm noobs.

Round 1

What happened was G1 giving them the dynamic distric spinup, so when a specific color gets filled a new empty one pops up.

Now the goldies could always join a gold server because there would be always space for them and their equal. That woudl fully fullfill the needs they claimed to have.

BUT, exactly form day 2, gold servers were EMPTY and the golds joined silver districts because its easier there. So sorry, but most golds wanted to farm lower (noobs) opponents. The amount of them was huge anough that the few golds wanting to paly s golds didn't get opps in gold anymore due to beign empty, and they had to join silver as well. Unfortunately this behavior might have been encouraged by G1 also taking the penalties off. Now the silvers started complaining because left and right they were only getting matched up in the most unfair ways. And the goldies basically just LIED. because they did not what they claimed they do and on which claim g1 acted.

The most goldies words were lies, and their actions showed the true nature of their intentions. That is something you cannot negate because thats the thing that did happen.

Round 2

G1 locked threats, exactly what was a deserved reaction. Unfortunately they didn't considered dethreathing prevention, and loads of golds did suddenly start deththreating. and they did so in masses. Looks like suddenly the golden plate was not so improtant anymore over winning vs noobs. And you know what? A lot of those dethreathing golds actually admitted it is too stressy fighting againts other golds.

See the lies they said all the time, leading to this? thats exacrly because they wanted easy wins and nothing fair. Stressing silvers with higher opps was fine by their standards, getting stressed with equals not?

Round 3

What we have now, with a later added Open Conflict because goldies said, "hide threat" or "remove matchmaking at all"

Open conflict, well another mode which was dead, but why? Because poor silvers and bronzes simply still get farmed in those modes. The visuality of thread didn't make them play better nor the opps play worse. And so they left the mode which wasn't fun in any way for them by the lack of fair matchups. And so only golds vs golds were soon left, but then the same as in round 2 happened, they didn't had "fun" vs equal opps. Because somehow fun seems to be having easy games for too many of our players.

End of Story, but they didn't lived happily after and still keep complaining.

And here is whats wrong: A lot golds don't wanna  play vs equals, to the degree they stoped playing or dethreat, now you want silvers to regulary have to paly vs golds too by the reason to get better? That are 2 entirely different and not fair standards you would apply.

I did enjoy threat seggregation and the claim "playing only vs the same opps"? wow thats the case today too in the 40vs 40 districts with silversand golds mixed. But never have been matches coming near isntant and were as fair as back then. Yes it was tougher because the "ohh look poor silvers to shred" matchups were gone. But that was only fair, but a large potion fo epopel dont want fair competition thats why they cheat and dope and whatever other stuff they do.

Yes you are right the current System isn't good but we should not repalce it with another bad one, because that doesn't creates a win for anyone. And LO should VERY carefully to read what the goldies write because the past has shown they cater their own needs and those are not the ones they write in words.

12 hours ago, BetaAlanine said:

Well imho silvers are the only ones who benefit from the current system.

As gold (fake gold) ure fighting golds of ur own skill or the high end blatants noone else gets opposed with, the bronzes and Ts are getting farmed by high silver who manage to escape from the gold cheaters cuz you know all golds cheat in their eyes so its a justification to farm noobs with 30/2. 

Thats "fun" to them.

They burst out in tears when they hear words like challenge or improve.

and when seggregation gave golds "challange" they dethreathed and stopped playing, because thats soo much more major in behavior 😛

Edited by LilyV3

You know i would and could never dethreat... 

1. I hate loosing

2. Even if i'd try it would take me like a month to do so,  just to become gold after 3 missions.

Edited by BetaAlanine

While the old threat system was probably still the best up to now and  while I certainly miss that "x has entered the district." I for one welcome a higher threat rank that is something like Diamond. It'll separate the fake golds with the "real" golds. Just let them join silver districts or we're never going to play a game. 

Add the "x has entered the district" for motivational purposes so people can gain more e-peen points.

4 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

wall of text

Pardon me for not remembering exactly how something went over 5 years ago. In any case, you're getting off topic, and misattribute consequences with motivations that only a few truly held. 

The issue of dethreating and giving literal "safe spaces" for green/bronze/silver threat players is a direct result of this threat system and the district segregation; the waiting an hour to get opp wouldn't have happened with the old crazy backup escalation combined with 50v50 (especially since you couldn't straight up reject missions anymore like in RTW), but since reducing districts to 40v40 and making backup really difficult to call in most of the time, we get stale opposition.

A lot golds don't wanna  play vs equals,

I would love to get good matchups, be it vs a larger team of golds/silvers, or a similarly sized team of golds.

now you want silvers to regulary have to paly vs golds too by the reason to get better? That are 2 entirely different and not fair standards you would apply.

You seem to be advocating for a situation wherein silvers are never forced to play with golds. How is that fun for golds? How is that good for silvers? This elitism and toxicity towards players of differing threats is one reason this system should go; I don't really care what the metal next to your name says, so long as you can play the objective and don't teamkill me; more players share this attitude than you seem to realize.

As for Open Conflict, it was supposed to be what RTW promised us with "Anarchy" districts, but that's beside the point; nobody plays there because the population has declined so much, and there's no incentive to play there.

1 hour ago, Knite said:

Pardon me for not remembering exactly how something went over 5 years ago. In any case, you're getting off topic, and misattribute consequences with motivations that only a few truly held. 

The issue of dethreating and giving literal "safe spaces" for green/bronze/silver threat players is a direct result of this threat system and the district segregation; the waiting an hour to get opp wouldn't have happened with the old crazy backup escalation combined with 50v50 (especially since you couldn't straight up reject missions anymore like in RTW), but since reducing districts to 40v40 and making backup really difficult to call in most of the time, we get stale opposition.

I would love to get good matchups, be it vs a larger team of golds/silvers, or a similarly sized team of golds.

You seem to be advocating for a situation wherein silvers are never forced to play with golds. How is that fun for golds? How is that good for silvers? This elitism and toxicity towards players of differing threats is one reason this system should go; I don't really care what the metal next to your name says, so long as you can play the objective and don't teamkill me; more players share this attitude than you seem to realize.

As for Open Conflict, it was supposed to be what RTW promised us with "Anarchy" districts, but that's beside the point; nobody plays there because the population has declined so much, and there's no incentive to play there.

what we got is the result of peoples behavior and a chain of results coming form peoples behavior.

making a system work needs you to udnertsand what people do and why.

This is a game and people play it for fun, most silvers are real silvers they dont have a chance vs golds. It's not the plate that makes the players its the players that get the plate by their way to play. So it has nothing to do with elitism it is simply a matter of fact that the normal goldies trashes the normal silvers. Thats just how the skill gap between them is. And renaming, removing and whatever that plate does, does not change what happens when these two meet. (maybe exception is when golds kicked silvers for being silvers, that was indeed a trashy attitude). But if you want people to stay in the game you need to make sure they enjoy the game. only a minority of players is truly playing competitive. Thats why nearly every game has soem kind of Matchmakign and rating System, because they try to make people opose similar (not the same) skills. because everytime the skills differ too much it doesn't works, and drives people off. Thats why OC and Anarchy didn't worked. lower skilled people (which silvers and beonzes are) still get trashed and left these modes.

So if LO makes a new System they need to make sure the system makes somewhat fair Matchups. But also prevents bausing the System (which dethreating is). And yes you and I and some others like good matchups but the majorities behavior of the past showed they do not. they liek easier matchups, which made them go lower districts. Because if it were otherwise we see healthily populated gold districts filled wiht golds, which even when pop was high didn't happened.

6 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

~~snip~~

I did enjoy threat seggregation and the claim "playing only vs the same opps"? wow thats the case today too in the 40vs 40 districts with silversand golds mixed. But never have been matches coming near isntant and were as fair as back then. Yes it was tougher because the "ohh look poor silvers to shred" matchups were gone. But that was only fair, but a large potion fo epopel dont want fair competition thats why they cheat and dope and whatever other stuff they do.

Yes you are right the current System isn't good but we should not repalce it with another bad one, because that doesn't creates a win for anyone.

Agreed.

And LO should VERY carefully to read what the goldies write because the past has shown they cater their own needs and those are not the ones they write in words.

While I agree that people cater to their own needs, I must disagree with "being careful listening to 'goldies '" Little Orbit should be careful listening to everyone, not just a specific group of people.

They needs to take everything into consideration.

And I must say, I don't like people calling each other derogatory names in association with their skill  level. (Threat is a poor meter stick for measuring a player's skill)

Greenies, Bronzies, whatever silver is, Silvies?, Goldies  Any segregation within the game divides the community. There are not 5 communities in this game, there is but 1.

I'll leave a quote from something I mentioned in another thread regarding matchmaking and threat:

In my opinion the threat system should be completely re-hauled for it to be hidden, in the background, and just a set of values... no color, but an algorithm. So, I wouldn't want to base anything new off of this broken, and exploitable [our Current threat] system. 

It's not who's saying what, but what you're saying that makes an idea valuable. If you contribute, and to benefit yourself the most, you would make a system that not only benefits you, but other players, as the game would live and die by this system.

Part of the problem is not that golds are elitist, because it's not true. All squares are rectangles, but not all rectangles are squares. There are golds who are elitist, and while it's sad, it's been fostered by the system that they learned to play in.

The segregation of the U.S. until the 60s produced a climate where some people thought they were better than others. You can blame the people, and not all of them are that way, but the problem was with society as a whole, the system they grew up, lived, and worked in procured that environment.

Insert mini joke here: Civil rights? You mean SILVER RIGHTS!

They will be changing it after the initial infrastructure is put into place and stable. In my opinion if they don't have time, a easier option would be a FFA district (any threat can join) and then green, bronze, silver, gold district. If you're bronze, you can only join bronze or FFA district. If you're silver, you can not join bronze, rather it is silver or FFA. 

well most bronzes and silvers just say they don't wanna get trashed all the time. They hardly have many intentions to hide. So carefully listening is needed for those at the top of the foodchain, and those are the goldies.

3 minutes ago, iAdoreHer said:

They will be changing it after the initial infrastructure is put into place and stable. In my opinion if they don't have time, a easier option would be a FFA district (any threat can join) and then green, bronze, silver, gold district. If you're bronze, you can only join bronze or FFA district. If you're silver, you can not join bronze, rather it is silver or FFA. 

thats nearly what we had, but FFA aka OC, didn't work, no one played there. and everyone went to the lowets district possible, what you do is making a Threat seggregation with Open conflict again. And then a vocal minority of goldies would riot, ragequit and dethreat again, because silvers and bronzes would leave the FFA and then the OC's turn basically into gold districts.

Edited by LilyV3

Why not base ranking on con-current population %? Not everyone is good for gold  people should actively be fighting to get in the 10% 

8 minutes ago, iAdoreHer said:

So a FFA like what we have only we no real point to it. FFA was a failure and IS still a failure.

Segregate the population more and more because that has been a successful option in the past.

Best option is a handicap for higher skilled players. Of course all this assumes making Threat less fluid and more of a longer term assessment of ones skills.