Tutorials and guides are nice and helpful but not a replacement for the knowledge from years of experience that can be applied fluidly to differing players and scenarios.

SPCT was good in ironing out some of the bugs before they were released to the wider game so I don't see why not

...SPCM... I see a lot of discontent with the old SPCM but under GamersFirst, is anyone surprised by this?

I say lets give Little Orbit a chance to redo SPCM along with other things GamersFirst clearly fell short on.

• Like 2

lol wasn't SPCM done in when those people started abusing the name to scam and cheat? 

I got along with most of spcm, and I do think they did a good job helping, but I think it should not be a permanent role, and should cycle through veterans.

Instead of creating an a program that makes people stand out of the crowd, why don't you just do it the old fashion way and just create an in game clan that just says you're from the SPCM. In addition, any clan made should have their own 4 digit or less clan tag displayed in the chat, with the colour of their choice, just like in the SPCM where it was highlighted green, you could for example have the tag WASP in yellow. Another addition (This is part is becoming a suggestion now) could be that we can click on the tag in chat and view the clan. 

Anyone can mentor, but we don't need them to get extras where soon the rest of the community will start begging for.

Like twelvies in minecraft servers

(Could also be a requirement that you must have a certain amount of players in the clan to register a clan tag.)

Edited by MoeEveryWeek

11 minutes ago, MoeEveryWeek said:

Instead of creating an a program that makes people stand out of the crowd, why don't you just do it the old fashion way and just create an in game clan that just says you're from the SPCM. In addition, any clan made should have their own 4 digit or less clan tag displayed in the chat, with the colour of their choice, just like in the SPCM where it was highlighted green, you could for example have the tag WASP in yellow. Another addition (This is part is becoming a suggestion now) could be that we can click on the tag in chat and view the clan. 

Anyone can mentor, but we don't need them to get extras where soon the rest of the community will start begging for.

Like twelvies in minecraft servers

(Could also be a requirement that you must have a certain amount of players in the clan to register a clan tag.)

But the issue still remains that anyone could came to offer help but then abuse that trust, This is what happened with MiddleMan traders.

I'd think it would be best if Little Orbit had delegated GMs to vouch for SPCM applicant or to suggest inviting them to the program.

If people view SPCM as elitism or a unfair privilege then that is a overall community perception problem that needs to be considered how to change that image, Just like how GamerFirst staff will are working on APB but just under Little Orbit now... These fools drove the game into the ground but they're still got a job and are now fixing the game with guidance.

6 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

But the issue still remains that anyone could came to offer help but then abuse that trust, This is what happened with MiddleMan traders.

I'd think it would be best if Little Orbit had delegated GMs to vouch for SPCM applicant or to suggest inviting them to the program.

If people view SPCM as elitism or a unfair privilege then that is a overall community perception problem that needs to be considered how to change that image, Just like how GamerFirst staff will are working on APB but just under Little Orbit now... These fools drove the game into the ground but they're still got a job and are now fixing the game with guidance.

The only way I can think of is that trusted veterans would fill an application, and enter a queue/list, chosen will be revealed privately, to avoid getting their identity revealed, they would be given an Alias and randomized character model. Because you wouldn't know who it is.

Edited by MoeEveryWeek

25 minutes ago, MoeEveryWeek said:

The only way I can think of is that trusted veterans would fill an application, and enter a queue/list, chosen will be revealed privately, to avoid getting their identity revealed, they would be given an Alias and randomized character model. Because you wouldn't know who it is.

Going to be honest with you, I'm not too keen on the idea of character aliases or anonymity after Mod Squad. That is a previous reputation issue with previous management and standards so it shouldn't affect the game now but I will take time to rebuild that trust in a character with a alternate identity with a position of responsibility.

50 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

It's all about the management they're the ones calling the shots. Staff merley follows orders, but also with guidance one can do great wonders.

Edited by Mercedeez

Former SPCM here. I'd like to see the program continue on in some capacity, but realistically, as others have pointed out there is no purpose to the program if Little Orbit has active GMs ingame, however, please note that customer support wasn't the point of the program, it was a tag for helping others with issues that other players could already assist with. The tag just meant the information was supposedly reliable.

The program was a great recruitment tool for Reloaded in finding prospective CSRs, as they already had to sign an NDA and were monitored in their behavior. Plus SPCMs weren't paid where as CSRs were, so it's a great vetting process to have people that are passionate about helping others and genuine from the community. You have to be careful to make sure you don't get bad apples and people who will actually understand that a job is a job, so in that sense SPCM was pretty great.

It's my personal opinion that helping others can be done without the tag, though.

If players genuinely care about new players, they don't need to have a tag to show that they do care.

Edited by Sophiie

Edited the title so it doesn't confuse the players.

I already have something in mind when it comes to this. Will make sure to publish my plans regarding this next week. This week I will be announcing the GM/Mod volunteer program.

• Like 2

99% of the people who apply for this type of role want a cool new flashy tag next to their name that no one else has.

The other 1% actually do the job.

But as others have mentioned, with the ingame activity of Little Orbits GMs, this role is now redundant.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Maverick13 said:

Where do i sign in to become City Voluntee? :v

I think there are enough people in this program. It's just about supporting the current SPCM.

22 minutes ago, Lixil said:

I already have something in mind when it comes to this. Will make sure to publish my plans regarding this next week. This week I will be announcing the GM/Mod volunteer program.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, iPlumbum said:

99% of the people who apply for this type of role want a cool new flashy tag next to their name that no one else has.

The other 1% actually do the job.

But as others have mentioned, with the ingame activity of Little Orbits GMs, this role is now redundant.

Agreed

3 hours ago, Lixil said:

Looking forward to this.

Saw a SPCM in han you guys are doing something right (he's been gone for years)

TomBass ... wonder if he knows their is a new forum.

Never volunteered for SPCM myself i just helped people my proudest moment was teaching a lvl 254 how to tuck a shirt in (im not kidding)

Did take part in OTW.

Not sure about GM/Mod guess we shall wait and see what they have in mind.

On 5/27/2018 at 2:40 PM, Lixil said:

Please Lixil, do not hide volunteers behind the "Mod Squad" alias like the ones we had before. If you do this, they will feel entitled to do whatever they want.

When volunteers have their faces wide open, they usually behave so their name won't be "tainted" or shamed in public.

:classic_laugh:

• Like 1

On 5/27/2018 at 2:40 PM, Lixil said:

I'm sure there are very valuable assets within the former volunteers, yet my hopes are that nothing from what was being done before would be repeated now if this is a true fresh start.

Looking forward to see what's this new volunteer program is about.

There have been some issues between the community regarding players getting too close to the staff in a non-formal way I think. Hope this will be a thing from the past now and we get to discuss absolutely everything in a democratic way without falling into sectary practices in regards of any community contributions we could bring in.

Edited by Salvick
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Poperon said:

Please Lixil, do not hide volunteers behind the "Mod Squad" alias like the ones we had before. If you do this, they will feel entitled to do whatever they want.

When volunteers have their faces wide open, they usually behave so their name won't be "tainted" or shamed in public.

:classic_laugh:

https://forums.gamersfirst.com/staff

You can see my mods here. 

Also, I will be posting news regarding this latest on Friday. 

• Like 1

I would be more than happy to apply if the idea was resurrected. G1 couldn't do anything worse than ditch SPCT and start balancing the guns based on stats from fight clubs. It only ended up in them having to re balance several weapons multiple times because their changes were just ridiculous and they didn't listen to the community at all.

Edited by Thial
SPCT not SPCM lul

1 hour ago, Thial said:

I would be more than happy to apply if the idea was resurrected. G1 couldn't do anything worse than ditch SPCM and start balancing the guns based on stats from fight clubs. It only ended up in them having to re balance several weapons multiple times because their changes were just ridiculous and they didn't listen to the community at all.

What does the SPCMentors has to do with weapon balancing anyways? Maybe you meant SPCTesters instead?

In that regards, I think such decisions should be made based on pure game design concepts and collected stats, along with our opinions as players as well ofc, but otherwise, we'd have mini-guns and laser pistols and any SMG or Secondary Guns would beat all the HVRs around...oh and racing districts, bikes and helicopters too! 😕

A player will almost always be biased by his personal individual experience which might not be related with the game design concepts, although if they break a gun when attempting to balance it, then it is okay to bring our concerns and let them know it needs a fix as same as if they invite us to test new upcoming releases to provide some feedback, but I don't see where this is related with helping with forums and ingame moderation and mentoring new players.

Regards!

2 minutes ago, Salvick said:

What does the SPCMentors has to do with weapon balancing anyways? Maybe you meant SPCTesters instead?

In that regards, I think such decisions should be made based on pure game design concepts and collected stats, along with our opinions as players as well ofc, but otherwise, we'd have mini-guns and laser pistols and any SMG or Secondary Guns would beat all the HVRs around...oh and racing districts, bikes and helicopters too! 😕

A player will almost always be biased by his personal individual experience which might not be related with the game design concepts, although if they break a gun when attempting to balance it, then it is okay to bring our concerns and let them know it needs a fix as same as if they invite us to test new upcoming releases to provide some feedback, but I don't see where this is related with helping with forums and ingame moderation and mentoring new players.

Regards!

Yes sorry I meant SPCT, I looked at the previous responses and wrote SPCM instead. If they would recruit only good players and I mean good good players there would be no bias. Decent players would abuse the weapons in every way possible, only then you could be sure if the weapon is not broken in some way and could be safely added to the game. Same goes for pretty much any new system, vehicle or any sort of addition to the game in general. There are many of us who played apb competitively for many years and I'm sure that many people would want to help the devs make the game better by helping during the testing process.

2 hours ago, Lixil said:

https://forums.gamersfirst.com/staff

You can see my mods here. 

Also, I will be posting news regarding this latest on Friday. 

Thanks for the update 🙂 Personally, I think while SPCM/SPCST may be redundant, now is a better time than ever to get something like SPCT running. I'm sure the engine upgrade and whatever else you guys have up your sleeves would benefit from extensive testing and feedback in an organized manner.

• Thanks 1

If there's such a thing like an Open World Test Server then I'm all in for it. Then whoever wants to join can do it and whoever is not interested can just stay back.

-Off topic-

But  when people brings the weapons balance thingy, specially if we say "only the very good, good players" should be heard, that's counterproductive in my opinion because who are we to say who is good or bad at a game? Take the example of these guys in Counter Strike who only play Dust and Aztec all day and they always top the scores on these maps, but then when they are pulled to different maps they complain, avoid playing these or simply say those maps are bad. Wouldn't be possible such good players are actually meta-gaming and their feedback will be always biased by their own will of fame and glory?

Take this example, and sorry for going a little bit off-topic with this, but let's say you consider the best player to that one who has more kills than anyone, or the one with the highest k/d or w/l ratio. How could we know then if someone with nothing near to such stats isn't also a good player and maybe more skilled or even more important maybe this particular player is someone with a deep knowledge about game mechanics and play styles, with a really impartial mindset focused on getting the most possible balanced chances for everyone across all weapon classes and play styles? Should this be reflected on his w/l and k/d ratios?

Shouldn't that kind of person be way more useful to provide feedback about weapons and game mechanics than someone that is only focused on win and be the best player?

Maybe someone who is just not so popular as a "good player" among other players but understands the game deeply well and have interesting concepts and ideas to contribute with a true willingness to make the game better for everyone is a very valuable player to be considered for such tasks too.

I don't think we need to give players any kind of power over the game design, management and over other players, power comes with a huge responsibility and the responsibility of someone who is in charge of helping others is above any of his personal interests and his particular reputation.

On topic, if we have players involved in such programs like the SPCM, Forum Mod Volunteers and such, which is totally different from the SPCT (testers) program, those players will always stand out over the other players and if we learned from the past experiences in this game, there have been always some drama and possibly some biased decisions and actions taken because of this.

If Lixil and the management want us to get involved with the forum moderation and ingame moderation in some way, I'm pretty sure they would provide equal chances for everyone to join within the parameters of the profile they are looking for to take such positions while also giving the whole rest of the community the chance to constantly provide feedback about these players behaviors to monitor and adjust any possible deviation they might fall in. As same as keep listening to the rest of the players who are out of these programs about any suggested game improvements and implementations that would affect everyone of us.

Just my humble opinion.

Edited by Salvick
Applying spoilers for the off-topic commentary.

Just an update, I will not have a volunteering team that will Test the game. We have QAs for it. If they are in need of help I'm sure they will figure something out with OTW server.