Lixil said:

"Just an update, I will not have a volunteering team that will Test the game. We have QAs for it. If they are in need of help I'm sure they will figure something out with OTW server."

This, sounds just good. I was trying to avoid stating an opinion I had just to avoid drama with these who really want to take part in such programs but I personally think that everything related with game design decisions should be done by the game producers/designers, since they are the ones who have all the background information needed regarding what are they aiming to.

We as players should be worried only about playing and having fun.

5 hours ago, Salvick said:

This, sounds just good. I was trying to avoid stating an opinion I had just to avoid drama with these who really want to take part in such programs but I personally think that everything related with game design decisions should be done by the game producers/designers, since they are the ones who have all the background information needed regarding what are they aiming to.

We as players should be worried only about playing and having fun.

That's true but with respect to LO. I don't think that leaving weapon balance / system design should be entirely up to the dev team who has never played the game or at least has never reached the top skill level. Weapons for example behave differently if you give it to a new player compared to if you give it to one of the top players. New players will just stand still and hold LMB while top players will abuse all the possibilities in the game, tap fire, track properly, jump shoot and do other stuff. We have seen it in the past how G1 thought that they know the best and they decided to ditch SPCT program and balance the weapons based on stats from fight club where you have a ton of new players missing all the shots which just creates misleading stats. On top of it fightclub is nothing but chaos so basing the balance on something like that it's just not very wise since people might either be dying all the time or trying to flick to many different people without actually hitting anything. That only resulted in G1 having to release many fix patches because their balance was just terrible. I think that LO should definitely consider working with some of the best players but without any special privileges like in game SPCT name tag etc. Even if there were no special benefits I'm sure that majority of veteran players would be more than happy to help.

On 5/26/2018 at 7:50 PM, orangesherbet said:

In a perfect world, yes.  But having volunteer programs like this can't hurt, even if redundant. Some people simply want to be involved in helping the community, just my take. 

DUnno, I never felt the need for such a label to help, reading chat and answering others question is often fine enough.

WHAT the game definately needs is some seperated global Help chatroom where people can ask questions and helpful people can keep a filtered eye on. Would make a lot things a lot better

I liked the idea of the SPCM program back in the day, buuuut, i dont need to be one in order to help out a new or not so experienced player. If i see anyone in district asking for help or advices, i usually try to respond in time

10 hours ago, Lixil said:

Just an update, I will not have a volunteering team that will Test the game. We have QAs for it. If they are in need of help I'm sure they will figure something out with OTW server.

Oh.. thats sad but okay.

12 hours ago, Lixil said:

Just an update, I will not have a volunteering team that will Test the game. We have QAs for it. If they are in need of help I'm sure they will figure something out with OTW server.

Does that mean the previous otw testers (me included) Won't be able to use the OTW server?

Also you had to have premium to use the otw server. 

I like the idea of SPCM coming back or something like it.

If segregation was removed , I think there would be less risk of a member intentionally going into a threat district not meant for them and would potentially end up causing previous incidents that happened.

Will screening be done by staff, players/staff or just players?

Including that, if there was a SPCM group, maybe make a "Help Hotline" command? For instance a player types "/Mentor How do I equip my grenades?" And all available SPCMS with the chat filter for it turned on for the command will receive the message and help the player out from there.

Это приведет к новым атакам на вычислительную систему !!!

21 hours ago, MurkTheMerc said:

I like the idea of SPCM coming back or something like it.

If segregation was removed , I think there would be less risk of a member intentionally going into a threat district not meant for them and would potentially end up causing previous incidents that happened.

Will screening be done by staff, players/staff or just players?

Including that, if there was a SPCM group, maybe make a "Help Hotline" command? For instance a player types "/Mentor How do I equip my grenades?" And all available SPCMS with the chat filter for it turned on for the command will receive the message and help the player out from there.

if a player doesn’t understand how to find grenades will they really understand how to use a chat filter?

i regularly meet max rank players who don’t know chat commands or chat customization 

This just feels like a way to 'glorify' streamers and veteran players. Latter i can understand but why do we need to glorify the former?

I was wondering about this exact thing last night, i was going to propose the question to the staff but it seems someone got to it before me, Kudos to you.

Before going through this thread i felt like i really wanted to bring back volunteer programs BUT now i'm a little less sure of it. In essence i think it would still be cool for something like the SPCM, if only to just legitimise what you say is in the support of other players that need help. You don't need a fancy title to help others and i don't think you should aspire to be in the SPCM if that's your reason, However, the title is what makes the position a legitimate role to the community, Players would look for the <SPCM> chat prefix and only associate that with people giving helpful advice. I have been sat in social(95% of my time) and a new player ask's 'Where can i change outfits?' and the fastest reply is '/exit' or 'alt+F4 lol', i mean sure this is an all time internet joke but you would of thought that people would, after giving the joke, some actual help which very little happens. In the cases when this happen's, i can really see the SPCM as a great thing for APB:R.

I believe that there should be no extra power given to players from this, these should just be players that just simply want to help other players, nothing more, nothing less. You are going to have the dilemma of people with a title that others don't have, it will most probably automatically put them into a category of 'players different from other players cause they have a fancy title' but i'm not really sure on how you could go about that, i'm sure you guys could figure it out. 😛 

A quick thought on how to go about this and implement it, why not link it to the forum. We have this new 'like' button at the bottom of each post so that anyone can react to it, use that and have people give the option of selecting a 'Helpful' reaction. With an X amount of helpful reaction's then BAM, you get a 'your kinda helpful ya know' message and with that you have a 'helper' or 'mentor' title to choose from now.

I'm going into this expecting criticism, so please, criticise away. This might not even be needed consideration at this point in time, players are coming back but things will get much more popular(hopefully) when more content starts coming and players decide to stay.

-Miffed117

PS: if this makes no sense(probably will..), please move on and have a nice day o/ 

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

if a player doesn’t understand how to find grenades will they really understand how to use a chat filter?

i regularly meet max rank players who don’t know chat commands or chat customization 

I met a rank 200+ today that doesn't know how to tuck a shirt in.

All hope is lost.

The chat command think wouldn't help that much but it's a start.

Think they are gonna get volunteers to help put but Think SPCM isn't coming back.

I asked before on old forums.

2 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

Can't really say that for everyone. If some other player couldn't be arsed to aid someone, they're probably tell them the command because someone asking questions in /d somehow bothers people who pay too much attention to it.