MageLO

09/25 PATCH ANNOUNCEMENT

I'm liking a lot of these changes. They don't necessarily increase the lethality of the weapons just the comfortability of using them. I don't wanna echo sentiments already shared here but these feel like very conservative changes, the changes don't really make OCSP more viable then it was before it still loses out to the FBW and 45 even with these changes if I'm an enforcer I'm not sure why I'd use a OCSP over the TG-8? 

The gun still blooms out quite a bit considering the changes, you'd think it'd be a more accurate FBW. The UL3 feels still a little bit unwieldy but that's probably a good thing, don't want another repeat of the 45 and is probably characteristic of the weapon at this point. The RFP in the very little time I spent playing felt very much the same as in sort of underwhelming but I am quite tired so I'll have to pick up additional thoughts on further playing. 

Could you patch out the guy who has been cheating every single day on FC for the last 3 weeks?

17 hours ago, ninjarrrr said:

of course LO failed to reduced the bloom on the tg8 ffs

LO has a hate boner for LTL. Which is unsurprising, since they're still just G1.

• Thanks 1

All of us: please, do something about .45 AP/OBIR disgusting meta

LO: Hey, remember the times when N-HVR was broken? Well, here we go...

*and a few secondary guns changes that won't make the weather anyway*

• Like 5

Return to district select doesn't work anymore, worked last night on OTW. And bring back custom tod and weather...

23 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

so the default fbw gets better?dats cool..what was the ocsp?dat sub machine gun we unlock from the new contacts?
also looks like the showstopper gets better-overall nice patch

OCSP is supposed to be the FBW Legendary / Luger

4 hours ago, Hexerin said:

LO has a hate boner for LTL. Which is unsurprising, since they're still just G1.

G1 pretended LTL didnt exist, LO went out of their way to make it difficult for LTL gamers, there is a difference at least.

On 9/23/2024 at 7:33 PM, MageLO said:

Mirage

• Reduced the amount the Mirage's chassis moves when accelerating.
  • The Mirage should now have noticeably more grip that should prevent it from spinning out during sharp turns as easily.

I never expected to say this, but I fear the Mirage is TOO good now.

It still loses to the Vegas (not the 4x4) on high speed circuits (like the Double B highway loop), but the more cornering is required, the smaller that gap becomes.

I did some test laps on more technical circuits with a Vegas, Vegas 4x4, and Mirage (All with only Nitro 3 equipped). The Vegas and Mirage are neck and neck in lap times, with the Vegas narrowly edging out the Mirage on laps 2 and 3, but the massive acceleration of the Mirage got it a considerably faster lap time on the first lap. In addition, the Mirage was considerably easier to drive. The 4x4 lagged behind in all aspects except style and fun. The Vegas seems to take much less damage than the Mirage and 4x4, even with more scrapes and bumps (I did my testing in a populated district, and all laps involved dealing with other vehicles, either by dodging or small collisions).

The Mirage also seems to have considerably more ramming power now, I had a failed test lap at Double B where right at the starting intersection I t-boned a Vegas speeding across, and it got LAUNCHED.

All in all, while I do love the Mirage, it kind of renders all the other sports cars obsolete. It's faster than the Jericho, Bishada, Cisco, Growl, and Vegas 4x4 (and has been since its introduction), can seat 4, and now it's easy to handle and can deal with collisions with minimal difficulties. While I do think some improvements were needed, I fear they went overboard, and we'll quickly see it become the main car of the city.

I think making it feel heavier in turns (everyone calls Chargers/Challengers boats for a reason) by having it lose grip and understeering during high speed cornering will go a long way towards balancing it.

(PS, where are my lights?)

Edited by MStomm
  • Like 1

Are there any plans to repair the collection car? Will the OPGL grenade collision be fixed? Are there plans to improve the performance of shotguns when shooting at VERY close range? Shotguns are useless and do not provide any advantages at a distance of more than 15 meters. Why doesn't it work backwards? A shotgun has no chance against any cannon at a distance of 50 meters, but any cannon (almost any) easily competes with a shotgun at short range. It doesn't seem right to me. Please correct the particle effect on the bullet marks of the shotgun. This particle effect creates a large load on the graphics card, which leads to a decrease in frame rate. It is necessary to reduce the resolution of the texture, as well as reduce the number of particles. The problem manifests itself when firing an automatic shotgun with a high rate of fire, when one effect is superimposed on another.

• Like 3

On 9/24/2024 at 1:55 PM, KeyboardCommando said:

I bought all police flashlights bar for the Mirage but I can’t install them, when will this be fixed? And will they add more beautiful wheels for the Mirage instead of these ugly and ugly wheels that come from the factory?

Many of us have the light issue, LO has stopped responding to questions about it on the forums over a month ago though. They sent out some of the lights to install a few weeks ago, but the Raptor IIIs don't work, they sent some of mine to the wrong character (but hey, at least that character has more lights now), and I don't think ANYONE has gotten the Hot Response RX-II lights.

As for the wheels, if they just copied the Moirai wheels over, that'd go a long ways.

• Like 2

I don't like the UL-3 change. Balance wise it's fine, it just doesn't feel right. The weapon feels too smooth. It needs that slight camera jerking action. Maybe I'm just too used to spraying 7.62 ARs in PUBG with a 6x.

On 9/26/2024 at 12:39 AM, MStomm said:

I never expected to say this, but I fear the Mirage is TOO good now.

It still loses to the Vegas (not the 4x4) on high speed circuits (like the Double B highway loop), but the more cornering is required, the smaller that gap becomes.

I did some test laps on more technical circuits with a Vegas, Vegas 4x4, and Mirage (All with only Nitro 3 equipped). The Vegas and Mirage are neck and neck in lap times, with the Vegas narrowly edging out the Mirage on laps 2 and 3, but the massive acceleration of the Mirage got it a considerably faster lap time on the first lap. In addition, the Mirage was considerably easier to drive. The 4x4 lagged behind in all aspects except style and fun. The Vegas seems to take much less damage than the Mirage and 4x4, even with more scrapes and bumps (I did my testing in a populated district, and all laps involved dealing with other vehicles, either by dodging or small collisions).

The Mirage also seems to have considerably more ramming power now, I had a failed test lap at Double B where right at the starting intersection I t-boned a Vegas speeding across, and it got LAUNCHED.

All in all, while I do love the Mirage, it kind of renders all the other sports cars obsolete. It's faster than the Jericho, Bishada, Cisco, Growl, and Vegas 4x4 (and has been since its introduction), can seat 4, and now it's easy to handle and can deal with collisions with minimal difficulties. While I do think some improvements were needed, I fear they went overboard, and we'll quickly see it become the main car of the city.

I think making it feel heavier in turns (everyone calls Chargers/Challengers boats for a reason) by having it lose grip and understeering during high speed cornering will go a long way towards balancing it.

(PS, where are my lights?)

1050HP:

maxresdefault.jpg

Can you remove the dumb as fuck accuracy = damage mechanic for the HVR already and just increase the equip time, which has always been the issue in the first place, and instead of all these secondary buffs just balance the god damn 45 already?  It out TTK's most guns in the game even at range and speaking of range, why does it have so much god damn range anyway lmao

Would love to use mobile radar again.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, a Pair of Socks said:

damn 45 already?  It out TTK's most guns in the game even at range and speaking of range, why does it have so much god damn range anyway lmao

Why everyone hating on this gun. First off LO should not be balancing guns based on what a sweaty/hacker/macro can do with it. 

Ok, The Standard 1911 .45 has a 5 inch barrel. Most of your non compact pistols use a 3.75 to 4 inch barrel. 

This extra inch gives you more muzzle vel, a better site picture and better accuracy.

In real life this accuracy is not great at range, but the round will go that far and still tear a hole in ya. 

Anything more than 75-80 meters, and you would have to elevate, so you would 'Lob the bullet'.

However if you did lob it, it would still kill ya due to its mass.

They have it set for 5 stk up close, but 15 stk after like 30meter. That's is ridiculous. 

That means I'd have to reload twice.

That said, The 1911 would not have the accuracy of something like the Hunter.

Which would use a .44 or .45 Long Colt. having a 6-8 inch barrel.

So increased velocity, range, accuracy.

So with a 15 stk at range, the gun is useless except to harass the enemy.

It should be more like 3 stk close range, 10 stk at range.

Nerfing it would ruin the gun. 

On 9/26/2024 at 12:35 AM, MStomm said:

Many of us have the light issue, LO has stopped responding to questions about it on the forums over a month ago though. They sent out some of the lights to install a few weeks ago, but the Raptor IIIs don't work, they sent some of mine to the wrong character (but hey, at least that character has more lights now), and I don't think ANYONE has gotten the Hot Response RX-II lights.

As for the wheels, if they just copied the Moirai wheels over, that'd go a long ways.

Hello and apologies for the radio silence on this issue - We recently tried to redistribute the lights to the original owners of the Light 'Em Up Pack as well as anyone who has purchased these lights individually but it hasn't quite gone the way we hoped it to. We're still looking into a way to re-deliver the last three remaining police lights, sorry again for the delay on this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Are there any plans to repair graphics settings, as well as a clear 1000% ban on editing client files? By allowing such manipulations, you expose yourself with a bare patootie. For the tenth time I will write about the hatred of AP 45. It just shouldn't exist in a game with such shitty lags and delays. His TTK is much lower than stated. This gun could exist in a smoother game with less response delay. Third-party graphics customization tools solve the problem. But to see the graphics so poor is the lot of cyber athletes.

Edited by Yapopal

6 hours ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

Severe yapping 

Its a video game bro. Noone gives a fuck about how the gun works IRL when were talking about the terms of balance in APB.     It is severely overpowered and oversteps the boundaries of how a secondary should perform and especially so when compared to every other gun in the game.   

• Like 1

On 9/23/2024 at 9:33 PM, MageLO said:

Bishada Rapier / V20 Jericho

• The Bishada Rapier and V20 Jericho's wheels should no longer scale thing such as cars or walls when driven up against making them significantly harder to flip.

its been how many years now?

On 9/25/2024 at 11:17 AM, wywv said:

Could you patch out the guy who has been cheating every single day on FC for the last 3 weeks?

which one?

1f923.png

Edited by iRawwwN

6 minutes ago, iRawwwN said:

its been how many years now?

which one?

Blatant cheaters in FC farming 50 kills for 6 weeks now. Nice

29 minutes ago, VanilleKeks said:

Blatant cheaters in FC farming 50 kills for 6 weeks now. Nice

They all over NA, but LO does nothing. 

59 minutes ago, a Pair of Socks said:

Noone gives a fuck about how the gun works IRL

So Why then from a Marketing view, would one want to buy it. If its 'just another video game gun'

No its an Iconic gun. Why do you need to balance it. 

Why would you have such a gun in a game if it were not at least somewhat realistic. 

But thats ok, You don't want my input, and LO doesn't want my money. 

The gun is worthless as we speak due to hackers anyway, But ya'all go ahead n nerf it. 

So goddamned eager to ruin the few guns that they have that work. 

Thats ok, because LO wont ban hackers anymore I just won't carry a fucking gun

This FBW change was unneeded and it feels like shit now.  Constantly jamming on shots and it was fine as it was lmao

Im done with this game till the FBW is reverted. Literally took the only reason Im playing rn away lmao

Edited by a Pair of Socks

On 9/24/2024 at 3:04 PM, vsb said:

looking forward to no bloom fbw lmao, i honestly don’t get why this change was made the gun was perfectly fine  

Ive been using exclusively the FBW for awhile now and with these changes the gun feels completely off and its causing me to be missing more shots than normal.  It also feels like its jamming constantly now and its really throwing me off.    It almost has the "Oscar Issue" where it's too damn accurate, if that makes sense, and is something I cant reliably use anymore.     IG it was fun while it lasted. 🤷‍♂️

56 minutes ago, a Pair of Socks said:

Ive been using exclusively the FBW for awhile now and with these changes the gun feels completely off and its causing me to be missing more shots than normal.  It also feels like its jamming constantly now and its really throwing me off.    It almost has the "Oscar Issue" where it's too damn accurate, if that makes sense, and is something I cant reliably use anymore.     IG it was fun while it lasted. 🤷‍♂️

I haven't tried the FBW, but I noticed the RFP-9 seemed to have a higher Burst Interval, or delay between bursts. I had to time it like the OBIR. It's suppose to be faster.

Not this patch, but something within the last week or two is causing my game to stutter after an hour or so.

Edited by BlatMan

4 hours ago, a Pair of Socks said:

hotfix your brain