Mitne

Perfect setup dedicated to APB (PC Building)

4 hours ago, Mitne said:

I'm in stage of making plans for PC build. I have some high-end "handle them all" builds ready.
I also tested on some friends high-end PCs APB. Results in some cases are suprising. One of builds struggled to play APB (while not low FPS was very unstable)... meanwhile it run new AAA games in ultra at 100 fps. So that rised my question...
What is perfect build for APB? I look for some good PC build when it comes to quality and price because i'm not millionare and some of this high-end PC builds would probably drive me into debt. 
I talk components in such form:
GPU - ?
CPU - ?
Ram - ?
OS - ? (Heard stability of game is lower on Win 10)
Motherboard - ?
Cooling system - ?
Power supply - ?
Additional components - ?
Cost - (Just informative and additional)

I'm sadly in urgent need of hardware change because with current trend APB gonna be unplayable for me in year.
Also no technical bullshoot. I just know how to check if 1 is 1 or 0 is 0 in binary and how to put PC together (after all it's like Lego, you just put together part and just do cable work and viola... eventually you check if voltage is where it should and it should run - if not troubleshot, who knows faulty new hardware happens)

I mean it really depends on what you want and your budget for it. are you going to run a 1080p monitor or 1440p just for some examples, also if all you're going to run is apb then i wouldn't go to crazy, apb seriously isn't that demanding. The only time i had an issue running apb was when i had a 680 and for some reason realtek sound drivers were conflicting with nvidia drivers causing apb to lock up. 

i7 7700K runs APB at 120 fps on maximum 1440p.

2 hours ago, 悲しい春 said:
link
By avg. 10ms. Is it noticable? Yes. How difficult is it to notice? Pretty difficult. 
There's a test on this website where you can test how much input lag you can perceive, people barely get below 15ms right.

it's difficult to notice but you will notice yourself performing worse and not understand why in a game like apb, i speak from experience, 5ms is the standard its best to stick with that or lower

5 hours ago, Gamma64c said:

I run on Win7, if you want newer go 8.1

Avoid win10 due to privacy concerns (that's why it was free)
Micro$oft has given more control on privacy settings. And if you think that there are no creepy updates in Windows 7, I will have to disappoint you.. Windows 7 has few more years of support then is finally out.
And not every motherboard manufacturer provices Win7 support for latest chipsets. MSI and Asrock do non't have drivers for z370 chipset and ryzen's.

5 hours ago, Obvious Lesbian said:

i dont get why people trash talk intel, their CPUs are superior.

Keep saying that and when they do go out of the market be prepared to pay 450 Euros for your I5. And no they are not superior they just are better in gayming but in multi media Ryzen wins. and that 5 more fps doesn't make them better.

PS If you want a cheap 121 fps APB Computer.

8GB DDR3 1600mhz most of them can do.
i5 2500k overclocked @4,5ghz with a cheap cooler master hyper 212 EVO is enough for apb atleast.
AMD R200 series/Nvidia 900 Series.
p67p8 pro cheapest motherboard that allows overclocking second hand. Edited by NIKIZ

5 minutes ago, NIKIZ said:
5 hours ago, Obvious Lesbian said:

Keep saying that and when they do go out of the market be prepared to pay 450 Euros for your I5. 
i7 8700k is about 300-350€. Maybe you need to find better store. Edited by Sayori

54 minutes ago, Sayori said:
i7 8700k is about 300-350€. Maybe you need to find better store.
Yeah i am just saying when people are picking sides being fanbois and the other company disappears then there is no competition and boom they can label any price they want for there CPU's. AND L2READ  Edited by NIKIZ

7 hours ago, Tobii said:
There is no "perfect" build for APB.
Everyone seem to have different experience with almost the same hardware.

E.g. a guy is claiming to hit 20 fps with a 8700k whereas I am hitting 120 fps.
It's ALL OVER THE PLACE.. So you're better off just getting something that would run other games and MOST LIKELY also APB.
Building a PC around APB is not really a good idea or a solid investment for that matter.
I feel like those cases are due to either (A) someone flat-out lying or (B) they have their OS clogged up with so much bloat / possibly spyware / viruses / etc...

My past 3 computers have always run APB at 60fps+

<<EDIT>>

I forgot about an issue I had a year or so ago with Windows 10 that where every game ran 100% fine EXCEPT APB. This wasn't a problem if I ran Windows 7 at the time. The cause was APB using my intel GPU instead of my nvidia GPU and the only way to fix it was to 100% disable my intel GPU either through my bios or through device manager.

I haven't had to do that in a long time though (despite formatting fairly regularly). So it's either been fixed by now or me using W10 Enterprise edition has something to do with it (doubtful). Edited by Triksterism

2 minutes ago, Triksterism said:
I feel like those cases are due to either (A) someone flat-out lying or (B) they have their OS clogged up with so much bloat / possibly spyware / viruses / etc...

My past 3 computers have always run APB at 60fps+
For sure.. but well, people are people. Edited by Tobii

12 hours ago, Lyfeld said:

As far as Intel vs. AMD, AMD does have some impressive stock performance with the 2700X, but you really need fast (and therefore very expensive) RAM to get the most out of it. Intel chips aren't so picky with RAM. 

I love this thoroughly composed reply. Thank you for making it.

You've also pointed out nicely that for intel cpu family upgrade you need a new chipset, which is IMHO a no-no when the families are close together. That's why I avoid intel builds for myself.

How much difference does the memory make on the performance of a Ryzen 2700x if you would buy "normal" speed DDR4 in comparison with super fast, high performance DDR4?

I've put together a parts list (it's German prices, probably more expensive elsewhere in Europe) for around 1000€ which should be good for multiplayer gaming, including APB of course. I've chosen a Radeon 580 GPU for it but a GTX 1060 is a viable option if you don't care about FreeSync. Most modern gaming monitors out there support FreeSync so if you have one of those I'd say it's worth it to get the Radeon.
https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/K46Wr6

This list was fun to analyse. I esp love the AMD GPU that you quoted. If I had not invested in the nVidia GTX1050 already I would have planned the 2nd GPU to be a similar one as you listed. I use GPU-0 for NVENC hardware based streaming, while I use GPU-1 for the OpenGL & Direct-X output. GPU-0 is also used for monitoring chat while I stream

Edited by Gamma64c

20 hours ago, Gamma64c said:
How much difference does the memory make on the performance of a Ryzen 2700x if you would buy "normal" speed DDR4 in comparison with super fast, high performance DDR4?

Depends on what you define as "normal" speed. Something like 2400/2666 Mhz will definitely be felt, since the minimum FPS can tank by more than 50% (see the benchmarks below). I'd even suggest going for a 6 core and 3000+ RAM rather than getting an 8 core Ryzen and skimping on the RAM.

It's not just bandwidth and latency that get worse. Modern Ryzen 8 cores are two quad cores connected with a bus that matches the RAM in speed, also known as the "Infinity Fabric". This means that games that use more than four cores, or games with heavy memory usage, will see the highest performance penalties. Eight-core Ryzens also benefit a lot from manually tweaked low latencies, but the 2700X gets much better RAM latencies out of the box than the 1800X and other first gen Ryzens, so it's not always necessary to adjust timings with a high end kit.

There's a YouTube channel with some benchmarks specifically geared towards Ryzen's performance with different RAM parameters:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHBsR1Y68G8 (tests the 2700X but no real "low end RAM")
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6yp7Pi39Z8 (tests the 1800X with a wide spectrum of RAM configs)

As for APUs (Ryzen 2200G and 2400G) these take it one step further since their GPUs run off system memory. Memory is the main bottleneck for these APUs and performance scales almost linearly with bandwidth, also trying to go single channel to save some bucks is VERY bad on these parts. They should be pretty sweet to play APB on a budget though.

Now, I have no idea how APB would perform if it were to be included in that sort of benchmark. However, I helped a fellow APBer with the RAM latencies on his 1800X and he can easily sustain 120fps in 1440p in APB. Ryzen is more of a tweaker's CPU than the "plug and play" performance that Intel offers, but it can really pay off. Edited by Lyfeld
  • Like 1

For APB ita better to get high CPU clocks, ideal is to get a 4-core and definetly overclock it then you will hit stable frames

CPU -> FX8320E overclocked to 3.5GHz (8 core 8 threads)
GPU -> R9 270x Dual X 4GB (game require 1.5GB)
RAM -> game require 8GB in total i have 16GB 2400MHz
Storage -> i have PCIeSSD 250GB (ultra fast staff) preffered 7200rpm hdd (quite cheap) - toshiba ones are good
OS -> depends i prefer light 8.1 or very light 10 version
Motherboard for this is one from GIGABYTE dont remember my own LMAO
Power suply 500W should be enough

cost u should cough at 500-700$ in total (not counting Graphic card because its expensive this days)

i have at last 100FPS ingame on ultra ... LMAO
and i use as mension above
FX8320E + R9 270x Dual X 4GB + PCIeSSD + 16GB 2400MHz RAM + Windows 8.1 self tweaked + 1000W PS

Edited by TheSxW

On 7/11/2018 at 5:44 AM, Obvious Lesbian said:

Well, Threadrippers are more powerful than i9s, so AMD is in the lead, for now. Intel doesn't deserve trash talk by any means, tho.
Not to mention neither of them are fully utilized even when running multiple cpu-intensive games at the same time. You can run APB 60fps on good Windows XP-era equipment.