kxnv

Social District Weirdos

Is there any way to ignore someone that that removes them from my screen completely while in social district?

It isn't a huge deal, however I'm pretty sick of people coming up behind me (female model) and humping me via emotes and proceeding to follow me around the world when I try to move to a different area. Just annoying as hell when I'm trying to edit clothes/symbols/outfits and being followed around and emoted on constantly. Been a girl gamer my whole life so the antics aren't new or surprising, its just old and annoying. Anything I can do??

Also, not looking to report or give names over stupid harmless kids emoting but am actually curious, does this type of behavior break any rules?

nope, all you can do is block them from talking to you. Best you can do is ignore them (I never even seen the problem you're describing) as showing anyone that you're bothering them (especially in APB) will just have them do it more.

This is one of those cases where you need to quit being bothered by everything. Idk how you notice this behavior if you're editing your clothes and symbols.

16 hours ago, BlatMan said:

This is one of those cases where you need to quit being bothered by everything. Idk how you notice this behavior if you're editing your clothes and symbols.

“Bothered by everything” is quite an interesting take on this. I came here to see if there was a quick solution, not bitching and moaning or demanding some policy change now that I’m aware there’s nothing to be done about it. You’ll be okay, I promise.

Also, since apparently it’s difficult to comprehend, when I’m editing symbols on my back, someone standing behind me/constantly following me stops me from seeing what my designs look like outside of the editor where the quality is better and not always accurate in game. 

Merged.

17 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

nope, all you can do is block them from talking to you. Best you can do is ignore them (I never even seen the problem you're describing) as showing anyone that you're bothering them (especially in APB) will just have them do it more.

That’s what I thought the answer would be but figured it wouldn’t hurt to ask! Thank you 🙂

49 minutes ago, kxnv said:

That’s what I thought the answer would be but figured it wouldn’t hurt to ask! Thank you 🙂

you can always try your luck at posting in the game suggestion part of the forum. Probably won't be implemented anytime soon but perhaps it can get them thinking about having blocks that make your character anonymous to whom ever you're fighting.

APB has an incredibly toxic community so it's not exactly bad advice to grow thick skin while playing it.

1 hour ago, kxnv said:

“Bothered by everything” is quite an interesting take on this. I came here to see if there was a quick solution, not bitching and moaning or demanding some policy change now that I’m aware there’s nothing to be done about it. You’ll be okay, I promise.

change your name to something that doesn't immediately identify you as a female and of course change your looks too if you go that route, bonus points if you try to talk like a guy more

M8 80% of the player base are playing as female characters it’s not like they are constantly getting stalked or harassed. 

Use the far clothing / symbol edit outlet if you don’t want to be seen. 

Edited by Deadliest

I have to agree with the above posts, in that if you let them know it bothers you, 

They will do it more. You're lucky we don't have voice/voip anymore.

Thats how they did me when i first started. 

I was crouching n they tried humpin and telling me to do nasty things 

for them. n I was a Dude character, they din't care.

I also run a couple female characters, most of the female char's you see

are dudes.

Seems allot of these 'smurfs' are adolescent kids, whom have not had 

true real life experiences so they compensate by smurfing and bringing 

6th grade antics to video games. 

They are Sociopaths, they feed on You being irritated by it.

All you can do is block or ignore them, their really is no rule to report them for.

Buy the 'Insult emote n give em the Finger n T-bag them back. 

Quack quack! Oh dear, it sounds like you've had quite the encounter with those pesky humans and their shenanigans. It's a shame that some folks can't appreciate the serene tranquility of a duck's life without resorting to such juvenile behavior. But fear not, my friend, for as ducks, we paddle through life's waters with resilience and grace.

Indeed, it seems these "smurfs" and their adolescent antics are as ubiquitous as breadcrumbs in a pond. But fret not, for we ducks have our own ways of dealing with such nonsense. Blocking and ignoring them is certainly one option, but may I suggest a more... expressive approach? Next time they come quacking around with their insults and antics, why not unleash the mighty "Insult Quack" emote and give them a good ol' T-bagging? Sometimes, a swift quack and a well-timed waddle can speak volumes louder than words.

Remember, my friend, we ducks are masters of resilience and adaptability. Let not the quacks of the world ruffle your feathers. Quack on, and may your pond be forever tranquil.

• Like 1

Ah, here we go again.

Why people can't just not give a f. about what others do?

"OH I'M NOT BOTHERED." "But yeah, can you implement way so I can fully block people?"

Somehow people humping me didn't trigger aggresive reaction from me. Despite me being male character and said "relationships" being gay.

But if we talk about me putting my head between people crotches... I'm sorry. I always found it extremely funny in this game for some reason.

• Like 1

Just let them do whatever and don't react to it.

No way to block said player completely, you're on the internet so you have to expect these kinds of things

Posted (edited)

Yeah, this has been happening since forever. I edited out the names for the name shaming rule; but the oldschool people might remember them from Social District lol

S03ENWg.pngGFGCdi8.png

Edited by Infinito

12 hours ago, Infinito said:

Yeah, this has been happening since forever. I edited out the names for the name shaming rule; but the oldschool people might remember them from Social District lol

ew erpers

On 2/12/2024 at 9:28 PM, Optimus_Crime said:

change your name to something that doesn't immediately identify you as a female and of course change your looks too if you go that route, bonus points if you try to talk like a guy more

Does not matter. some of these guys can sniff a girl gamer out like a blood hound

2 hours ago, iRawwwN said:

ew erpers

There always fun to walk in on, and how mad they get at you for interruptting them. Go meet up at a hotel like a normal couple would do not in a public video game.

I'm going to download this game exclusively so I can hump your character.

and by your character I mean iRawwwN specifically.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VanilleKeks said:

I'm going to download this game exclusively so I can hump your character.

and by your character I mean iRawwwN specifically.

EoKg2I8KjG53l5Ra4mhlq6BOuDUpS3Qu4Dw3wAu3

promise?