Darkzero3802

Delay When Swapping Weapon In Hand

4 hours ago, Excalibur! said:

Nope, you already said that does nothing you are slowing nothing.

adding a delay to movement will slow movement down 

are you mentally challenged?

2 hours ago, Excalibur! said:

Do you remember when i made a test vid long time ago in baylan using my 1922 and a guy firing his carbine sr15 trying to kill me and missing a bunch of bullets while i switching hands, moving in circles and tap firing? Everyone mocked me and dismissed it.

I deleted it some time ago now...

I respect that you have an outstanding low ping but not everyone has the same low ping as you. Sometimes firing a character wont register bullets but firing a bit back will do. Thats when character and blob -or cylinder now?- are not syncronized.

I unfortunately don't remember the video.

However, as you described it, the carbine missing shots could easily just be his inaccuracy or the RNG of the carbine, causing him to miss. It's not really good evidence

However, there's no good way to prove that shoulderswitching has the effect you describe. But, I'm still extremely confident that after 6000 hours and not seeing a significant difference to shots hitting me or missing whether or not I'm shoulderswitching, that I can conclude that it serves no benefit other than to change the position of your camera.

2 minutes ago, Kempington said:

However, as you described it, the carbine missing shots could easily just be his inaccuracy or the RNG of the carbine, causing him to miss. It's not really good evidence

However, there's no good way to prove that shoulderswitching has the effect you describe. But, I'm still extremely confident that after 6000 hours and not seeing a significant difference to shots hitting me or missing whether or not I'm shoulderswitching, that I can conclude that it serves no benefit other than to change the position of your camera.

i mean if it was really a thing, why wouldn’t the meta whores be macroing the shoulder switch button in every engagement 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

i mean if it was really a thing, why wouldn’t the meta whores be macroing the shoulder switch button in every engagement 

Because it can do a number on your tracking, especially so when dealing with someone who wobbles or changes direction quickly.

31 minutes ago, Kempington said:

Because it can do a number on your tracking, especially so when dealing with someone who wobbles or changes direction quickly.

yeah but it makes you an immortal apb god so it’s clearly worth it

59 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

yeah but it makes you an immortal apb god so it’s clearly worth it

I don't know man, I heard top players have found a legendary immortality strategy. It's called "Just press 4"

1 hour ago, Kempington said:

We tested both, me going side to side in circle and the way i described you in the other post. He smoked me when firing "normally". The time i survived doing those glitchy movements compared to firing normally in circles was really noticeable.

It was a test not a random thing happening.

Ofc it doesnt serve any purpose beyond that, thats why there is no problem on adding a cd to it.

Oh and in a cqc fight where both dance to each other spaming v may help landing more bullets (see the vid and the bullets spread).

2 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

adding a delay to movement will slow movement down 

are you mentally challenged?

But no one needs to spam v as you already mentioned the whole thread?

Are you mentally challenged or handicaped?

Is it so difficult to understand that adding slows (everywhere) just ruins fluid gameplay which is one of the best selling points of APBs pvp?

How can you even be so bad to provide a video that shows nothing and still be so delusional to think it provides any actual evidence towards your point.

I thought this thread was going to be about latency added between switching sides from the server. Instead we got another "realism in apb" thread. 

bummer.

Not trying to be toxic here, but one of the guys some of you are putting energy into arguing with is a fight club drooler known to hackusate anyone with a functioning wrist. Don't bother. 

i mean, no, this is not a good idea 😧

Edited by Halelulia

1 hour ago, Excalibur! said:

Why would you need to spam v in such smart way? Can anyone give me a scenario please so i reconsider my thoughts?

it’s not about the spamming, it’s about the effects this “fix” will have on unrelated gameplay

if you want an example, look at how the supposed sprint shooting “fix” did nothing to stop carbine/oscar mobility but heavily impacted guns like the obir and scout

24 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

it’s not about the spamming, it’s about the effects this “fix” will have on unrelated gameplay

if you want an example, look at how the supposed sprint shooting “fix” did nothing to stop carbine/oscar mobility but heavily impacted guns like the obir and scout

What would be the unrelated gameplay?

Ping does not cause the hitbox to adjust in the way you are talking about, it never has, ping only changes how long it takes for the server to receive and process your command (shooting, moving, steering)

56 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

What would be the unrelated gameplay?

literally anyone switching sides ever? the delay would affect every swap, so even people who only swap shoulders once will be affected

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

literally anyone switching sides ever? the delay would affect every swap, so even people who only swap shoulders once will be affected

There's two ways to hit a target in APB. The first one is if you shoot at a location, and the server registers a player intersecting the line of the shot. You don't have to see him on the client-side and he can be completely desynced for you, but it will still hit if you shoot at his server-side location.

The other one is that if you shoot at whatever you see on the client side, the server will draw a line between your actual location, and the location of what you hit on the server, which then register it as a hit if there's no obstacles in the way.

Edited by Dopefish

12 minutes ago, Dopefish said:

There's two ways to hit a target in APB. The first one is if you shoot at a location, and the server registers a player intersecting the line of the shot. You don't have to see him on the client-side and he can be completely desynced for you, but it will still hit if you shoot at his server-side location.

The other one is that if you shoot at whatever you see on the client side, the server will draw a line between your actual location, and the location of what you hit on the server, which then register it as a hit if there's no obstacles in the way.

You mean hitting an actual player in the first example and hitting anything else in the second? Excuse me for asking or maybe I'm not understanding clearly, but if both situations are about hitting a player, isn't the second example a redundancy of the first one?

But I get what you say and indeed I had the chance to test the game with two computers one next to the other with 140ms in FC and 160ms to 200 in Action and Social Districts, and the visual de-sync is very noticeable, as an example, when one of the high latency players jumps, more or less when the jump decay starts is that the second player sees the action occurring on his screen.

And playing with low latency players and recording both sides we learned exactly what you said too, I can shot slightly forward of my target when they're running and get a barely similar reaction what a low latency player usually gets, because I'm anticipating my opponent's trajectory for a bit less than a quarter of a second based in my latency and telling the server to land my shots exactly where the player would supposedly be if he is running straight to where I'm shooting. But this barely works this way to be honest, this happens only for specific situations where the target is running in the open at far distance from me.

1 minute ago, Salvick said:

You mean hitting an actual player in the first example and hitting anything else in the second? Excuse me for asking or maybe I'm not understanding clearly, but if both situations are about hitting a player, isn't the second example a redundancy of the first one?

I intended the example to be about hitting a player, as I've not done extensive testing for other things. The difference is that in the first example you could be shooting at something you don't see, and land a hit if the server consider the player to actually be there, while in the other example the player could be completely desynced and you would still hit him by shooting at what you see on your computer, aslong as there's no obstacle in the way between you and his actual location on the server.

Both cases are being confirmed by the server in the end, but you can be assured of what you're shooting at on your end will work to land hits on.

3 minutes ago, Dopefish said:

I intended the example to be about hitting a player, as I've not done extensive testing for other things. The difference is that in the first example you could be shooting at something you don't see, and land a hit if the server consider the player to actually be there, while in the other example the player could be completely desynced and you would still hit him by shooting at what you see on your computer, aslong as there's no obstacle in the way between you and his actual location on the server.

Both cases are being confirmed by the server in the end, but you can be assured of what you're shooting at on your end will work to land hits on.

Well, usually I don't record my matches because even if I use medium quality settings it decreases my game performance very considerably, but if you or anyone else ever wants to test this things recording from both sides, I could record in high quality (I guess) for this purpose, just let me know and I'm all in to help testing the disadvantages and potential advantages of lag to post a video showing the results

...testing lag, lol, but yeah, seriously.

1 minute ago, Salvick said:

if you or anyone else ever wants to test this things recording from both sides, I could record in high quality (I guess) for this purpose, just let me know and I'm all in to help testing the disadvantages and potential advantages of lag to post a video showing the results

There has also been another video where they've used car surfer to make them desync from their position, and it were possible to shoot at their server-side location on top of the car, aswell as shooting them at their client-side location standing next to the car.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Dopefish said:

There has also been another video where they've used car surfer to make them desync from their position, and it were possible to shoot at their server-side location on top of the car, aswell as shooting them at their client-side location standing next to the car.

Oh I see what you did, well, what I wonder is how would it looks if you do the same but without ghosting or however you name the trick you did in this video. Instead, recording with a player with anything above 150ms or even 200ms to compare both sides in different situations, taking cover, moving, standing still, etc. would be helpful to understand how the lag affects the visual representation of what is really happening, including the shoulder switching.

I think I was misunderstanding your point, may be possible that I'm talking about a different thing? You was pointing out the issues with player location de-sync, and I was pointing out the effects of high latency on visual representation sync I think?

Please let me know if I was confusing things here, and thanks for all the info indeed, it is very appreciated to exchange knowledge and learn from someone with the vast experience that you and some others guys like Kempington and many others around here have.

Edited by Salvick
Spacing and double post cuz replying when meant to edit.

13 minutes ago, Salvick said:

Oh I see what you did, well, what I wonder is how would it looks if you do the same but without ghosting or however you name the trick you did in this video. Instead, recording with a player with anything above 150ms or even 200ms to compare both sides in different situations, taking cover, moving, standing still, etc. would be helpful to understand how the lag affects the visual representation of what is really happening, including the shoulder switching.

I think I was misunderstanding your point, may be possible that I'm talking about a different thing? You was pointing out the issues with player location de-sync, and I was pointing out the effects of high latency on visual representation sync I think?

You mean how Battle(non)sense makes his videos, right? Though the results should theoretically be the same for those, as there's no difference between "location de-sync" and "visual representation sync".

Consider the server being the authority for what counts as a hit or not, so if you're the one who's lagging and trying to hit someone who's trying to run into cover, you might not get any hits if he's actually behind corner on the server, and likewise, if you're the one who's trying to run into cover, you might take damage after you're behind cover on your end as you're lagging behind on the server.