Pista

What flag does LO consider political?

5 hours ago, Optimus_Crime said:

lol

IF THE EULA SAYS THE COMPANY CAN BARGE THROUGH MY DOOR AND BANG MY WIFE THEN SO IT SHALL BE! THEMS THE RULES NOW AFTERALL.. 

Always read the fine print. 

Every single year you guys erupt into the same argument over politics, flags, symbolism which boils pretty much to "I feel offended over this symbol".

That's why term "snowflake" was invented in first place for people solely focused on "what offends them most".

You know how much I care that all negative, totalitarian or "evil" symbolism is in virtual video game? You know how much people care about it?

Better question is how many don't.

The only problem is when you put this "for real" in real life.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Always read the fine print. 

Companies get to get away with far too much these days for this not to make my stomach turn, you have companies like digital extremes adding in clauses in theirs which amount to "you're not allowed to take us to court - it must be settled PRIVATELY (with NO repercussions for our actions) " or "let us collect your data, stop using that pesky VPN or we will outright BAN you"

And then it actually holds up in some cases purely because you unwittingly accepted the EULA which changes at whim, expecting the company to have any shred of morals

You just know LO would up to the same shenanigans if they'd be as successful lol

Edited by Optimus_Crime
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Optimus_Crime said:

lol

IF THE EULA SAYS THE COMPANY CAN BARGE THROUGH MY DOOR AND BANG MY WIFE THEN SO IT SHALL BE! THEMS THE RULES NOW AFTERALL.. 

tell me, how does that corporate boot taste? 

I knew you'd made some stupid fucking remark. Where is the comparison between agreeing to follow the rules and whatever the hell you just said? You're not obligated to be here. This is not as complicated as you're making it. 

Anything that you own is bound by a contract. That doesn't make what I am saying licking the boot. Like I said, If you don't want to follow the rules you AGREED to when you signed then just leave.

1 hour ago, Optimus_Crime said:

Companies get to get away with far too much these days for this not to make my stomach turn, you have companies like digital extremes adding in clauses in theirs which amount to "you're not allowed to take us to court - it must be settled PRIVATELY (with NO repercussions for our actions) " or "let us collect your data, stop using that pesky VPN or we will outright BAN you"

And then it actually holds up in some cases purely because you unwittingly accepted the EULA which changes at whim, expecting the company to have any shred of morals

You just know LO would up to the same shenanigans if they'd be as successful lol

What you are describing here and what is actually happening is not a digital extreme. You don't HAVE to put a confederate flag or any symbol for that matter on your in game character or clothing to play this game. Many people do not. That has nothing to do with tricking players or taking things by deception. You're not following your own logic here.

On 2/23/2024 at 9:53 PM, Nanichi said:

This goes for Ukraine political symbols which are also likewise not allowed within our game.

Lolwhat?

I get why Z should be prohibited - they promote agressive war. What's wrong with Ukraine? It has been attacked and is defending. What the heck do you even mean it's political symbols are prohibited. I've been waving Ukraine coat of arms since 2013.

On 2/23/2024 at 8:53 AM, Nanichi said:

I did read some talk about the Russians with the Z or the one with the slash in it (These are not allowed either.) 

The trouble is for these symbols to be dealt with a GM must witness it in real time or a player must contact support via ticket or email to make a report the email is: Support@gamersfirst.com

This goes for Ukraine political symbols which are also likewise not allowed within our game. Furthermore non-permitted obviously is anything to do with WW2 Germany and the like. Also of course the recent war between Israil and Palestine.

I do not make the rules I just enforce the rules that Little Orbit has put in place and if LO doesn't want something in its game it won't be in game discuss all you like it is set in stone.

One things for sure, you don't pass players concerns onto upper management.  All we see you doing is being Tiggs 2.0 in a dying game.  

On 2/7/2024 at 6:06 AM, Pista said:

What Flag is <GM> Nanichi talking about.

mfx2MDb.jpeg

Are people no longer allowed to turn a car in-game into General Lee car?  If so, how the hell is that political.   People have been making that car in this game for over 10 years.

In b4 not allowed to make A-team van cuz i aint black.

Merged.

On 2/8/2024 at 7:08 PM, kxnv said:

The flag of the army that fought to own slaves is, and will always be, inherently political.

"It represents rebellion."

And the confederates were rebelling in order to retain their rights to do what? To own WHO?

I don't care about the flag, but you geezers need to realize that time has passed and the confederate flag does not carry the same meaning for a lot of the population as it does for you. Because Dukes of Hazard is no longer culturally relevant to new generations. The confederate flag is now mostly seen as exactly how it was intended to be perceived by those who started flying it - a flag to represent the army who fought to enslave people. Failed traitors. Whatever you want to call them.

Just because the flag is not political TO YOU, does not mean it isn't to tons of other people.

As a business, with an already struggling playerbase, it is not surprising whatsoever that stuff like this is not allowed anymore.

And to the comment "its been allowed for the last 15 years" .... how about we think how many things that were considered normal 15 years ago are now unacceptable. That's is just what happens when time passes. 

I find your avatar slightly offensive, since it holds  a letter K as in KKK. ban plz

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CrackSmack said:

In b4 not allowed to make A-team van cuz i aint black.

Every argument of yours is a false equivalence. There are also white people in the A-Team and it isn't a political slogan or symbol rooted in hate, it's a fictional TV show. Inb4 "so is The Dukes of Hazzard" but the confederate symbol has long existed before it and holds a completely different meaning. Your long form whining isn't going to change anything. So you're either wilfully stupid or too ignorant to know any better.

2 hours ago, CrackSmack said:

I find your avatar slightly offensive, since it holds  a letter K as in KKK. ban plz

Another false equivalence. By that logic the A-Team shouldn't be allowed either because the letter A can represent any historical atrocity. Maybe instead of making absurd arguments and trying to grasp at straws you could just stop talking?

• Like 2

APB is a clown show, whats the point of even playing if you just gonna get banned for stupid reasons when your legit, while they purposefully let cheaters still play...

In all seriousness, how many people even see other people's customization? I feel like I'm the only one who still plays at native resolution with maximum quality textures.

• Like 2

On 2/26/2024 at 12:20 PM, BlatMan said:

In all seriousness, how many people even see other people's customization? I feel like I'm the only one who still plays at native resolution with maximum quality textures.

thats because the game is just cheaters and cheater defenders. these people aren't exactly smart people, they think that making your resolution smaller makes your gun more accurate.

On 2/25/2024 at 5:20 PM, BlatMan said:

I still see peoples customization's.  I don't have graphics maxed.

Lost my motivation to play APB: Reloaded again due to Little Orbit supporting cancel culture.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2024 at 4:24 PM, Nanichi said:

I basically should check 210+ terms only to hope to not get reported/reprimended/banned because I genuinely thought I used a neutral number (i.e: in my case, considering I was born in 1988, I can't use my "nickname + 88" on my car anymore). If I use any number, that, according to that site, will EVENTUALLY be added in the future because marked as racist/linked to white supremacists, I risk a ban. If I want to type "100% legit player" on my car, or use any forbidden number in my clan name (i.e: "100% pro") I risk a report and a ban ("100%" is in the list). Same for any Internet meme like Pepe the Frog because would eventually be appropriated by white supremacists/alt right. Same if I add "Ford Orion", because this last word is "flagged" in that site.

Honestly, as you can read, I answered "AGAINST" OP complains, but I begin to think you - as LO - are goin' beyond EULA/CoC/ToS/my-way-or-the-highway/whatever if we fall into this kind of... stupidity.

Btw, there's an interesting tho' ambiguous disclaimer in that site: "All the symbols depicted here must be evaluated in the context in which they appear. Few symbols represent just one idea or are used exclusively by one group. For example, the Confederate Flag is a symbol that is frequently used by white supremacists but which also has been used by people and groups that are not racist. Similarly, other symbols in this database may be significant to people who are not extreme or racist. The descriptions here point out significant multiple meanings but may not be able to relay every possible meaning of a particular symbol".

Maybe you - as LO - can begin to use "common sense" and evaluate every single case before judging or take sudden and - repetita iuvant - eventually wrong decisions.  And no, I don't think you are "promoting" "cancel culture" and I hope we will never reach that point. It would be a shame and a tragedy.

On 2/23/2024 at 9:24 AM, Nanichi said:

It is unfortunate but support is swamped with countless tickets so could take awhile, but eventually we do find these folks in game we request they remove these symbols then the player puts them back on as soon as we leave. We catch them again and we can get it escelated eventually to a ban.

https://extremismterms.adl.org/resources/hate-symbols/search?gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiAoeGuBhCBARIsAGfKY7xlkb6oMWdLMTyk9KDf_ldwtzVxVIF0v049VgI5uUl67Ivne6tSlIQaAnvpEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

If you can find it in the above it is not allowed within our game does not matter what form you put it in.

As for what started this entire topic I made no report on the (General Lee Car I observed at the time). This was to give players a chance to remove it themselves since most players were not aware of the change in stance.

Does no one from upper management at Little Orbit care to chime in about General lee car, when it's been part of this game since RTW days. 

Why do we have a GM going around in-game looking for petty shit to drive players away from this game.  GM should be making reports about bugs and how bad match making is now. 

I keep seeing 2 silvers and trainee vs 2 gold and silver, group with trainee can't call for back up. How does Little Orbit screwed up the matchmaking.

8 hours ago, Pista said:

Does no one from upper management at Little Orbit care to chime in about General lee car

Nope, Zero from actual employed staff of LO come to the game. 

NO matt, no dev, no staff come or care about it, They arent in game so they aren't at Work.

They don't care about whats going on, or they'd show up. 

They can't even keep us informed about the shut downs in forum.

If we post about the new car the thread is buried and the dev never comments.

Its like talking to a wall. 

Now to address the Rebel flag. Just think if the Gen. Lee is allowed, then the flag is allowed.

I could have a flag with pseudo political or racial looks, and as long as I din't use certain words, 

I could get away with it. saying Well, if you let that guy have the flag on his car, then i should be able 

to legally have it on my Quasi-pseudo political flag.  Yes there is a big difference, but

how is whats different or not different enough going to be regulated. 

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with the GM, i am simply giving a view point. 

16 hours ago, Pista said:

Does no one from upper management at Little Orbit care to chime in about General lee car, when it's been part of this game since RTW days. 

Are you demanding to talk to a manager? 

• Like 2

On 3/4/2024 at 9:04 AM, MACKxBOLAN said:

Nope, Zero from actual employed staff of LO come to the game. 

NO matt, no dev, no staff come or care about it, They arent in game so they aren't at Work.

They don't care about whats going on, or they'd show up. 

They can't even keep us informed about the shut downs in forum.

If we post about the new car the thread is buried and the dev never comments.

Its like talking to a wall. 

Now to address the Rebel flag. Just think if the Gen. Lee is allowed, then the flag is allowed.

I could have a flag with pseudo political or racial looks, and as long as I din't use certain words, 

I could get away with it. saying Well, if you let that guy have the flag on his car, then i should be able 

to legally have it on my Quasi-pseudo political flag.  Yes there is a big difference, but

how is whats different or not different enough going to be regulated. 

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with the GM, i am simply giving a view point. 

If you haven't figured this out I don't do things cause it is my whim to make a rule. The rules against the General Lee and the Confederate flag come from the higher ups themselves your argument is a mute point rules are rules whether you like it or not.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nanichi said:

If you haven't figured this out I don't do things cause it is my whim to make a rule. The rules against the General Lee and the Confederate flag come from the higher ups themselves your argument is a mute point rules are rules whether you like it or not.

That's like, your opinion man.

36 minutes ago, BlatMan said:

That's like, your opinion man.

I mean. things are only offensive you let them be offensive. it's a flag. how much can it hurt you? i mean if i wrapped it around your neck and strangled you with it, it would hurt a lot, but thats not what we are going for here.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Nanichi said:

If you haven't figured this out

Yes I know, I am trying to have your back, without taking sides.

I don't believe that You went out of your way to 'pick on' this person.

I believe you were doing your job.

My first paragraph was more of a rant directed at upper management for other things.

I don't have an issue with managements decision to ban that flag, although I think it's unfortunate

that it effects the General Lee, rules are rules. I can see how it could offend certain people.

So from business and marketing view, I totally understand why management made this decision.

If they allowed the flag, it is then considered Endorsing the flag, which to the offended players

makes the business the Offender. Banning that flag also prevents Reports upon the players using it.

Which require investigation and arbitration.

I'm a little teed about the forum gm moving my car thread, but I have no issue with game GM's  

Is this really the state of the world now? The General Lee Car is being banned in APB because it might be offensive to the woke?

Many Black Americans watched and loved the dukes of hazard show, this kind of historical revisionism is not OK.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, tuktukdriver said:

Is this really the state of the world now? The General Lee Car is being banned in APB because it might be offensive to the woke?

Many Black Americans watched and loved the dukes of hazard show, this kind of historical revisionism is not OK.

It has nothing to do with the show. The flag isn’t allowed on anything. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

It has nothing to do with the show. The flag isn’t allowed on anything. 

Sounds like someone at LO is bing a little b i t c h

Edited by cowhorseman
Don't correct me i'll swear if i want to
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, cowhorseman said:

Sounds like someone at LO is bing a little b i t c h

I dunno... LO didnt make a thread crying about a silly flag.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I dunno... LO didnt make a thread crying about a silly flag.

YOur not wrong there. i'm just Trying to fan the flames so people start fighting