Pista

What flag does LO consider political?

2 hours ago, ninjarrrr said:

so my post with links to someone posting Z symbols on steam has been deleted yet those screenshots can still be viewed since LO didn't even remove them (surprise to nobody)

absolute hipocrisy, barking at someone for having a confederate flag but blatantly ignoring a huge violation like this, whats better is that I even made a support regarding this 6+ months ago and still nothing

so no nanichi you don't enforce against people using "political" symbols, stop pretending please

They also deleted my comment, which wasn't even that bad.... I know enough. To get back to it; I HATE the russian kids driving around in their propaganda cars and clothing

• Like 3

16 hours ago, kxnv said:

The flag of the army that fought to own slaves is, and will always be, inherently political.

"It represents rebellion."

And the confederates were rebelling in order to retain their rights to do what? To own WHO?

I don't care about the flag, but you geezers need to realize that time has passed and the confederate flag does not carry the same meaning for a lot of the population as it does for you. Because Dukes of Hazard is no longer culturally relevant to new generations. The confederate flag is now mostly seen as exactly how it was intended to be perceived by those who started flying it - a flag to represent the army who fought to enslave people. Failed traitors. Whatever you want to call them.

Just because the flag is not political TO YOU, does not mean it isn't to tons of other people.

As a business, with an already struggling playerbase, it is not surprising whatsoever that stuff like this is not allowed anymore.

And to the comment "its been allowed for the last 15 years" .... how about we think how many things that were considered normal 15 years ago are now unacceptable. That's is just what happens when time passes. 

that is about as accurate as saying the UK flag represents slavery

• Like 4

6 hours ago, JohnyCash said:

They also deleted my comment, which wasn't even that bad.... I know enough. To get back to it; I HATE the russian kids driving around in their propaganda cars and clothing

The real Johnny Cash did not hate anyone it just wasn't his way.

5 hours ago, Nabiki said:

The real Johnny Cash did not hate anyone it just wasn't his way.

This one does. He hates propaganda ruski's and sensitive LO staff removing comments.

Merged.

The fact that they removed a very detailed comment from Ninjarrr explaining the problems going around nowadays pissed me off

• Like 2

On 2/7/2024 at 9:45 AM, Nanichi said:

It really isn't about the car itself I personally don't mind the car since I was a fan of the show long ago. However what is in question is the ConFederate Flag itself which is as Mack Mentioned Offensive to people of African American decent. I normally don't take time to write on forums but I felt I would explain the above.

so we are not allowed to have a flag that has no meaning now aside from history because a group of people can not get over an event that happened over 100 years ago. To which the flag was a sign of being free from the union, and being there own country with there own laws.

Do people read history books? wikis? ask people go to muesms? that stuff. becuase the flag in no way is saying anything against black people.

HOWEVER ON THE OTHER HAND. if i post the flag of the KKK that would 100% mean something against them and i do not think i need to explain why

seriously do a tiny bit of history research we all got bricks with the infinite knowledge of man in it

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Figured I’d give it a go. Found this. 
In case anyone is curious:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origins_of_the_American_Civil_War

lol were you not taught in middleschool that wikipedia is not a reliable source especially anything historical, as it is literally just based on opinion rather than fact?

its about as accurate as using a reddit post as a source.

8 hours ago, cowhorseman said:

so we are not allowed to have a flag that has no meaning now aside from history because a group of people can not get over an event that happened over 100 years ago. To which the flag was a sign of being free from the union, and being there own country with there own laws.

Do people read history books? wikis? ask people go to muesms? that stuff. becuase the flag in no way is saying anything against black people.

HOWEVER ON THE OTHER HAND. if i post the flag of the KKK that would 100% mean something against them and i do not think i need to explain why

seriously do a tiny bit of history research we all got bricks with the infinite knowledge of man in it

yeah the south just didn’t like vibes of the union anymore

they totally werent afraid of economical and political collapse when their “right” to own other human beings was inevitably taken away

1 hour ago, vsb said:

they totally werent afraid of economical and political collapse when their “right” to own other human beings was inevitably taken away

part of the reason yes, but also not wanting to become factorys. and in all honesty? who the hell knows. history is written by many people and they all got there own opinions on what happen and who thought what. But i still do not see the flag as equaling something against a single race of people. i can think of at least 2 that do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vsb said:

what percentage of the south at the time of the civil war do you think owned slaves? what percentage of Africans in the transatlantic slave trade actually ended up in the united states? why is it that almost all of the soldiers doing the actual fighting in the south weren't slave owners? slavery in the united states was already being slowly phased out if you look the at laws/policy/economic/social changes happening leading up to the civil war. ya'll really need to start reading more and not just history books but reading things like letters and newspapers to understand the sentiment of those living in the time.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MonkaS said:

what percentage of the south at the time of the civil war do you think owned slaves? what percentage of Africans in the transatlantic slave trade actually ended up in the united states? why is it that almost all of the soldiers doing the actual fighting in the south weren't slave owners? slavery in the united states was already being slowly phased out if you look the at laws/policy/economic/social changes happening leading up to the civil war. ya'll really need to start reading more and not just history books but reading things like letters and newspapers to understand the sentiment of those living in the time.

because wars are always fought by the people who actually have a personal financial stake in the outcome lol

bro out here with the microfiche when the declarations from the southern states themselves all start with "because slavery"

Still nothing from head people at Little Orbit about community concern. Guess LO is supports cancel culture.

General Lee car wasn't political. Dukes of Hazard was a wholesome family show. No sex scenes or cussing in it. Unlike tv shows on air these days. People of every race continue to love Dukes of Hazard show. It's sad that no one at Little Orbit can see the difference between General Lee themed car and being political.

On 2/9/2024 at 3:00 AM, FakeBungo said:

that is about as accurate as saying the UK flag represents slavery

Oh, I'd love to hear your explanation for this. This would only be a comparison if we were talking about the US flag. No, the flag of some failed army is not comparable to the flag that represents a country as a whole.

Name a part of UK throughout history that unilaterally decided to secede from the union in armed rebellion. THAT would be a comparable flag.

3 hours ago, Pista said:

Still nothing from head people at Little Orbit about community concern. Guess LO is supports cancel culture.

General Lee car wasn't political. Dukes of Hazard was a wholesome family show. No sex scenes or cussing in it. Unlike tv shows on air these days. People of every race continue to love Dukes of Hazard show. It's sad that no one at Little Orbit can see the difference between General Lee themed car and being political.

As I understand it, this has nothing to do with The Dukes of Hazard, or with the General Lee. 
It’s just the flag. 

16 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

As I understand it, this has nothing to do with The Dukes of Hazard, or with the General Lee. 
It’s just the flag. 

see post above yours. ❤️

Edited by a Pair of Socks
Reason for edit is because LO sucks balls at balancing.

matt is trying to find funding for this game, cant have a bunch of racists running around with flags, think of the children

o wait it's an adult rated game.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

LO would be wise to ban it all or none at all, if you're after one politically aligned reference then you should take it's opposing political spectrum stuff down too. It's fair and you just make it look like you want to keep your business apolitical, no one gets mad since no one gets to shove their political allegiance in others faces and instead focus on playing the game. 

Edited by Optimus_Crime
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Optimus_Crime said:

then you should take it's opposing political spectrum stuff down too

Whats on the opposite end of the political spectrum from pro-slavery?

38 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

i'm guessing... a perma ban for Harriet Tubman symbol?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Was more relating to how the new " Z" symbolism being more or less their new hammer and sickle has ties with totalitarianism while the confederate flag has roots with american democracy and how reluctant LO seems to be scrubbing the former

• Like 2

This reminds me the good ol' times (not really) when the kekkest thing I witnessed was a "wonderful" showcase of Pedobear vans just when (incredibly) GMs were on, and players offering free candies in district chat without risking anything (no warning or bans considering the same people were daily playing). Anyway I agree: "their" game, their rules, even against common sense (if any). I hope a "Hello Kitty" flag I have in mind is not going to have the same problems.

And remember: "The right to discuss is a privilege—it is not an entitlement you earn by playing the game". Hehehehe

Edited by GoPlayUWO

On 2/10/2024 at 12:43 PM, a Pair of Socks said:

hey this looks interesting. :^)
image.png?ex=65da19f5&is=65c7a4f5&hm=11d

Nice find 😄   

• Like 2

On 2/10/2024 at 7:43 PM, a Pair of Socks said:

hey this looks interesting. :^)
image.png?ex=65da19f5&is=65c7a4f5&hm=11d

And? What does this prove? A sort of prescription hypocrisy? Times change, world changes, people doesn't change (well, debatable). "My way or the highway". Or ask 'em, ALL TOGETHER, to look closer and deeper about this (not so interesting) issue, persuading them to change their minds.