Hexerin

EAC is banning for using Flaws's configs now

Pretty sure this is incorrect or false.

As someone who messed with files long and still do, if there was a scenario where anything would've triggered - I would've been the first person to disappear in that, since I have been doing a lot of testing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

That’d be a LOT of bans. 

Considering its false positive bans, it likely isn't consistently happening to everyone instantly. One of those "not at matter of if, but when" kind of things.

This is complete misinformation for several reasons but I'll address some of them here:

1. If anyone bothered to read through the literal first two sentences in the config's github documentation, you would know that every single file in the config is vetted and approved by multiple LO staffers before it makes it to the public. If anything in it ever became bannable it would be removed immediately and I would address it on my discord and on the github page as well as on my stream.

2. You cannot get banned for configs in APB, even for upk edits such as the black sky config which is "technically" not allowed and is something I am NOT distributing in my files publicly. Also, if my config were to become bannable then every other config would become bannable as well because it uses a lot of similar/same files as other config makers.

3. Little Orbit has no reason to ban anyone for configs because they've already demonstrated multiple times that they are able to simply block files they don't want us to tamper with and even when you do, it simply gives you a client mismatch and a kick back to the login screen. It will never ban you for anything like that because they realise that configs are needed to play the game properly at this stage.

And no, I'm not banned. I literally played last night. I've simply been short on time due to work and real life and haven't had time to stream in the past few days. Please fact-check before spreading blatant misinformation.

• Thanks 6

The only thing EAC got mad at was the VivoxVoiceService.exe, but it only stopped APB from launching, it doesn't ban.

13 hours ago, Flaws said:

This is complete misinformation for several reasons but I'll address some of them here:

1. If anyone bothered to read through the literal first two sentences in the config's github documentation, you would know that every single file in the config is vetted and approved by multiple LO staffers before it makes it to the public. If anything in it ever became bannable it would be removed immediately and I would address it on my discord and on the github page as well as on my stream.

2. You cannot get banned for configs in APB, even for upk edits such as the black sky config which is "technically" not allowed and is something I am NOT distributing in my files publicly. Also, if my config were to become bannable then every other config would become bannable as well because it uses a lot of similar/same files as other config makers.

3. Little Orbit has no reason to ban anyone for configs because they've already demonstrated multiple times that they are able to simply block files they don't want us to tamper with and even when you do, it simply gives you a client mismatch and a kick back to the login screen. It will never ban you for anything like that because they realise that configs are needed to play the game properly at this stage.

And no, I'm not banned. I literally played last night. I've simply been short on time due to work and real life and haven't had time to stream in the past few days. Please fact-check before spreading blatant misinformation.

It doesn't matter if they're vetted. False positives are false positives literally because it's unintended behavior/results. It's the unfortunate side effect of automating things that absolutely should never be automated, you sometimes have a situation where the system goes rogue and causes problems.

Additionally, it is absolutely important to spread this info, so that all involved (ie, the users of your config) can continue to make educated decisions with the most updated information available. People are using your config on the basis that nobody's been banned for it, so despite being grey area it's effectively "safe" to use. However, there has now been a ban explicitly caused by your configs, and that must be made known. Whether it becomes an ongoing issue, or is just an unfortunate one-off hiccup.

Edited by Hexerin

20 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

there has now been a ban explicitly caused by your configs

Someone told you that support told them that they were banned because of Flaws’ config?

honestly they should just reverse all bans and turn off eac auto banning to figure out what is causing these false positives

Merged.

On 1/24/2024 at 3:50 AM, CookiePuss said:

Someone told you that support told them that they were banned because of Flaws’ config?

support can't tell you anything because it would obviously make it easier for cheaters to circumvent the anti-cheat that's also why delayed bans are a thing /s. definitely has nothing to do with the biggest lie that is constantly perpetuated by those who work in tech aka 'security through obscurity' which just lets developers be lazy also lets companies just sell stuff that becomes literal e-waste. yeah that iot device that has to connect to a specific server to work that's definitely not going to become a brick.

no, the config doesnt get you banned,
However, it does seem like eac is running a bit weird.

some of the recent bans have been questionable at best. I dont know what it picks up but seeing some normal players get banned while others are running around blatant for weeks without as much as a kick is odd :)

2 hours ago, Hexerin said:

However, there has now been a ban explicitly caused by your configs

explicitly means support said “it was flaws config” and i’m pretty sure support wouldn’t even disclose a ban reason at gunpoint

3 hours ago, Hexerin said:

However, there has now been a ban explicitly caused by your configs

EAC has delivered at least a handful of questionable bans over the past 4-5 months among many bans that made perfect sense. How exactly did you come to the conclusion that it was a config that caused the ban and also why my config but not others' who distribute the exact same or similar files? Please provide at least a shred of evidence of this claim. As it currently stands, it is baseless.

I opened a Hexerin post and my wife left me.

Just a heads up.

Edited by VanilleKeks
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, VanilleKeks said:

Just a heads up.

Can you blame her?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VanilleKeks said:

Just a heads up.

Damn man that's rough.

On 1/23/2024 at 9:56 PM, Flaws said:

EAC has delivered at least a handful of questionable bans over the past 4-5 months among many bans that made perfect sense. How exactly did you come to the conclusion that it was a config that caused the ban and also why my config but not others' who distribute the exact same or similar files? Please provide at least a shred of evidence of this claim. As it currently stands, it is baseless.

10+ years playing entirely with the vanilla client, no issues. Less than 24 hours after putting in one part of your configs:

ca6f089ad8ddfdd944d8ab7f207d67d8.png

It was the config edit. I don't generally discount coincidences, but in a case like this, there's really no room for misinterpretation.

Edited by Hexerin

EAC is like opera. you get a ban you get a ban he gets a ban she gets a ban YOUR ALL GETTING BANNED.

Who's here thinking all the banned cheaters are going to get unbanned yet again as it happened multiple times before. At this point they might as well remove the anti cheat entirely...

Edited by Weaboos

The cycle repeats.
This game has become a cheaters learning platform for online cheating  and LO supports it. 

What more they need ?

Screenshot-2024-01-26-144336.png

17 hours ago, Hexerin said:

10+ years playing entirely with the vanilla client, no issues. Less than 24 hours after putting in one part of your configs:

ca6f089ad8ddfdd944d8ab7f207d67d8.png

It was the config edit. I don't generally discount coincidences, but in a case like this, there's really no room for misinterpretation.

Care to at least elaborate exactly which part of the config you put in your game? I bet I and many others have been using it for months with no issues.

On 1/26/2024 at 2:49 AM, Weaboos said:

Who's here thinking all the banned cheaters are going to get unbanned yet again as it happened multiple times before. At this point they might as well remove the anti cheat entirely...

They've only ever done a mass unbanning once, when they obtained the game from the previous team, though?

On 1/26/2024 at 12:22 PM, Flaws said:

Care to at least elaborate exactly which part of the config you put in your game? I bet I and many others have been using it for months with no issues.

Within DefaultInput.ini:

+Bindings=(Name="",Command="abandonmission",bAllowInScaleformUI=True,Group="UI")

Within Options.int:

GameAction_abandonmission=Abandon Mission

Was curious about binding /abandonmission, so that's the only part(s) I took.

5 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Within DefaultInput.ini:

+Bindings=(Name="",Command="abandonmission",bAllowInScaleformUI=True,Group="UI")

Within Options.int:

GameAction_abandonmission=Abandon Mission

Was curious about binding /abandonmission, so that's the only part(s) I took.

.ini files as well as localization files for any language (.int, .ger, etc) are not only officially fully approved for editing by Little Orbit but also are not even being looked at by EAC or any other anti-cheat or system within the game. The only files EAC looks at are .upk files and those do not exist anywhere in my public config as of me writing this post.

Edited by Flaws
  • Like 1

Since day 1 you haven't got any clear specific information about why you've been banned.

You can always assume which would be correct for you to clarify instead of flaming Flaws' config.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I think it's a hardware driver or a piece of software that EAC doesn't like. The bans are too random. They're not within the same friends group. Sadly we'll never get the answer, because LO isn't going to take the time to work with Epic Games. I also doubt Epic is willing to work with LO. With how poorly LO manage this game, it wouldn't surprise me if it's APB's own code that triggers something in EAC.

• Like 1