Sign in to follow this  
Emily

Join OTW's Matchmaking Test Tomorrow!

Attention player!

Join us on OTW for a matchmaking test starting at 7 PM UTC tomorrow 01/18/2024, lasting an hour.

We're calling on all players to participate in a vital test of our new matchmaking code on OTW. Your involvement is key to addressing any instability issues. The more players we have, the more thorough and effective our testing will be. We greatly appreciate your support in logging in and helping us during this crucial testing phase.

Your participation makes a difference! Let's make this test a success together!

Here are the notes for Matchmaking Improvement:
- With this build, we have deployed new code based on the existing matchmaking functionality on Live. We have changed the way data is interpreted, used, and calculated with multiple players, but the underlying individual skill rating formulas are the same.
- Matchmaking has been moved from District to World.
- Matchmaking will only function in the same district - at least for now. We plan on expanding matchmaking to function cross-district within the next coming weeks.
- Attempting to ready up cross-district will fail without any errors. This is a known issue and we are tracking it.
- Threat is visible for testing purposes, but may disappear in the future once we are certain the build works as intended and we have proper analytics to ensure our players are always getting the highest quality matches.
- Backup is disabled for this build and will not function. This will be added in a future deployment.
- Unopposed missions are no longer present in this build, and all missions are instantly opposed.
- Team alliance is non-functional and will be re-implemented.
- The matchmaker will no longer attempt to make matches that are unequal in size. You will be matched exactly according to initial mission sizes - 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4.
- Fight Club, Social and Minigame Districts will be unaffected by these changes and are outside the scope of our testing. However, they may be present.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So, How many players play OTW on average ???

the reason I ask is if it only a few people then these 'Tests may not give the same results 

or performance of new coding with a high pop. 

why do you think anyone is going to volunteer their time to your OTW if they are just going to be vsing cheaters over and over again which has been all APB is since 2018 when LO came around.

Merged.

also your entire concept of new matchmaking is the idea of Matt scott who doesn't even play the game and never has never will... 

as an APB veteran i can tell you from a just a glance that it is a horrible idea and defeats the entire point of the game. which is the point of being open world.

what you should be adding if anything, is more open world engagements because those are what create the emergent gameplay that APB is so famous for. (like fixing the voip system)

instead you do the opposite and restrict us like putting kill volumes on rooftops because we aren't allowed to have fun in a video game. and banning us for driving dump trucks into people.

LO has ZERO clue what APB is and every update only harms the game. along with their cheater infested tournaments and spct, and GMs who dont actually do ban cheaters and just police what people are allowed to say. and ban people for having edgy symbols...

the game doesn't even need new content all it needs is

1. ban cheaters + stop banning ppl for inane SJW reasons.

2. servers fixed and lag fixed, fps too.

3. bug fixes.

4. balance to existing content (eg car gameplay).

ONLY once you have arrived at 4. should you even begin to start considering reworking the fundamental game like the matchmaking.

Just a suggestion: add the server selection (LIVE, OTW) into ONE launcher so it will clone the existing installation into different folder, 'repair' into OTW.

Pros: more players to test things, easier to download the OTW version of the game.

Cons: you tell me...

9 hours ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

So, How many players play OTW on average ???

Like 15/20-15/20 but the thing is dat idk if we can call these previous testing even "testing" because the server was crashin after 10-15 min after even the entire thing startin(and the servers never comin back up)and i was able to play like 1 match at most.So for me the entire thing was never a proper test..

Edited by TheMessiah

5 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

Like 15/20-15/20 but the thing is dat idk if we can call these previous testing even "testing" because the server was crashin after 10-15 min after even the entire thing startin(and the servers never comin back up)and i was able to play like 1 match at most.So for me the entire thing was never a proper test..

Keep in mind the server crashing is why they are testing as this issue specifically seems to be load related and doesn't pop up in isolated testing with less players. There's a chance it may happen again today but that is exactly why the test is happening rather than just blindly pushing this thing to the live servers and hoping for the best.

• Thanks 2

On 1/17/2024 at 8:21 PM, FakeBungo said:

why do you think anyone is going to volunteer their time to your OTW if they are just going to be vsing cheaters over and over again which has been all APB is since 2018 when LO came around.

Merged.

also your entire concept of new matchmaking is the idea of Matt scott who doesn't even play the game and never has never will... 

as an APB veteran i can tell you from a just a glance that it is a horrible idea and defeats the entire point of the game. which is the point of being open world.

what you should be adding if anything, is more open world engagements because those are what create the emergent gameplay that APB is so famous for. (like fixing the voip system)

instead you do the opposite and restrict us like putting kill volumes on rooftops because we aren't allowed to have fun in a video game. and banning us for driving dump trucks into people.

LO has ZERO clue what APB is and every update only harms the game. along with their cheater infested tournaments and spct, and GMs who dont actually do ban cheaters and just police what people are allowed to say. and ban people for having edgy symbols...

the game doesn't even need new content all it needs is

1. ban cheaters + stop banning ppl for inane SJW reasons.

2. servers fixed and lag fixed, fps too.

3. bug fixes.

4. balance to existing content (eg car gameplay).

ONLY once you have arrived at 4. should you even begin to start considering reworking the fundamental game like the matchmaking.

Cheating has been a big problem since I started playing back in 2011. The only diff is that now with less players you see said cheaters more. Matchmaking needs an overhaul its a key problem in APB which was made worse by dethreating. At no time should a trainee see a silver or gold or anyone high lvl for that matter. At no point should a bronze see a gold. At no point should the worst threat be harder to get then the highest threat. There are fundamental issues with matchmaking that need fixing for the game to continue. Is what LO is doing the answer? No it really isnt. But at least they are trying unlike G1 ever did. But Matt and the dev team need to play APB for afew years and gain an understanding of the game and what makes APB APB.

50 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Matt and the dev team need to play APB for afew years and gain an understanding of the game and what makes APB APB.

For what it’s worth, Secrets was a player long before they became a dev. 

11 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Worth alittle. But considering Matt makes the decisions and he hasnt played

36 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Worth alittle. But considering Matt makes the decisions and he hasnt played

Matt has played before. i have seen him on excatly twice in APB and once in fallen earth. now comparing that to a normal player well. um it isn't alot

of course i can't say for personal account(s) as i do know devs/gms have personal account(s) to play normally not get bothered and so on so forth

On 2/17/2024 at 12:55 PM, Darkzero3802 said:

Cheating has been a big problem since I started playing back in 2011. The only diff is that now with less players you see said cheaters more. Matchmaking needs an overhaul its a key problem in APB which was made worse by dethreating. At no time should a trainee see a silver or gold or anyone high lvl for that matter. At no point should a bronze see a gold. At no point should the worst threat be harder to get then the highest threat. There are fundamental issues with matchmaking that need fixing for the game to continue. Is what LO is doing the answer? No it really isnt. But at least they are trying unlike G1 ever did. But Matt and the dev team need to play APB for afew years and gain an understanding of the game and what makes APB APB.

its an OPEN WORLD PVP GAME. there shouldn't be threat in the first place. all it should be is a cosmetic to show that you are good, it shouldn't affect matchmaking.

the entire point of APB is constantly having unfair matches, thats what the backup button is for to get more people on your side. and when you press backup it might then make it unfair for the other side, because you might end up with more people.

hilarious that you think they are doing anything to make the game better. name literally one thing they did to make apb better. ONE THING in how many years? go ahead and try.

"the only diff is there are more cheaters now" LMAO, yeah that is kind of the entire point. hey bro im sure LO will fix the game though, better spend more of your money on armas.

Merged.

On 2/18/2024 at 2:14 AM, cowhorseman said:

Matt has played before. i have seen him on excatly twice in APB and once in fallen earth. now comparing that to a normal player well. um it isn't alot

of course i can't say for personal account(s) as i do know devs/gms have personal account(s) to play normally not get bothered and so on so forth

the dev and GM doesn't play either. the only people who have ever played APB are the volunteer SPCT who are mostly friends with cheaters and pretend that there arent cheaters to defend them.

Merged.

On 2/17/2024 at 1:45 PM, CookiePuss said:

dev implies they are developing anything, which they aren't. just using old code to continually troll you into believing they are developing anything. or do you actually think that LO was responsible for the "engine upgrade" and "new car"?

Edited by FakeBungo

On 2/17/2024 at 8:14 PM, cowhorseman said:

Yea. Twice aint worth anything. We both know to understand the game you need at least 500hrs of playtime. Maby he does have a personal account and we dont know it? But going off the decisions hes been making and the shift away from what APB is. I would have to say no he doesnt play nor does he understand what makes APB APB.

If dev's got a personal account to play the game without us knowing about it, that's the way it should be.

Otherwise their gaming experience would be ruined with such as whispers, nerf requests, cheating reports etc.

I don't care if he's playing the game as a CEO, as long the development team makes the game better. 

13 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Yea. Twice aint worth anything. We both know to understand the game you need at least 500hrs of playtime. Maby he does have a personal account and we dont know it? But going off the decisions hes been making and the shift away from what APB is. I would have to say no he doesnt play nor does he understand what makes APB APB.

I mean your first hint is the never ending nerfs for any guns. Feels like "oh people use this now? shame if it suddenly became useless!''

On 2/20/2024 at 3:46 AM, Heal said:

If dev's got a personal account to play the game without us knowing about it, that's the way it should be.

Otherwise their gaming experience would be ruined with such as whispers, nerf requests, cheating reports etc.

I don't care if he's playing the game as a CEO, as long the development team makes the game better. 

he doesn't have a personal account and there is no "development team".

On 2/21/2024 at 4:24 AM, FakeBungo said:

he doesn't have a personal account and there is no "development team".

And Sun wont rise tomorrow?