Ritual

04/19 Maintenance Announcement

4 hours ago, Hexerin said:

I wouldn't call it "lethargic", although I could see other gear shifting issues affecting many of the vehicles in the game being called that. Happens constantly with my Pioneer, makes me feel like the vehicle is starting to slow down. Tends to fix itself once I pass through a gas station, for whatever reason. Can also be fixed by simply coming to a complete stop, or by taking a hard turn (>90 degrees, ideally with handbrake). Obviously, none of these are ideal workarounds, and it's nice to hear a fix for this is potentially coming.

The specific issue I'm referring to, is where the Vaquero literally stalls out before its final gear shift. You know this is happening, because simply hitting nitro will cause it to upshift into its final gear after a moment. This happens consistently, but requires you to travel a decently long distance without full turns (the soft bend of the highway's total length on Financial works for testing, if you're curious). It's extremely noticeable when it happens, because the sound the engine starts making is just wrong to the ears.

Thankfully, the engine sounds (from gear shifts, nitro kitting, etc) are all entirely cosmetic, so this issue has no effect on the vehicles actual mechanical performance. However, it definitely has a highly noticeable effect on the perceived performance of the vehicle. I always feel like the thing is moving so slow when this issue happens.

EDIT: Also, a note. This Vaquero issue is not new, it's fucking ancient. Like, 5+ years old at least. Long before G1/RG went on maint mode before selling the game to LO.

all vehicles sometimes shift up/down seemingly randomly due to gear ratios/speed.  The Vaquero specifically has an issue where where when it hits 5th gear, after a second the audio just switches to idle and it sounds like you're no longer accelerating.  Car just whirrs along sounding like its losing speed with no input and then down shifts to 4th and continues to just whirr until the vehicle needs to accelerate again.

Actually looked at the Vaquero gearing and noted that the Vaquero has a 5th gear speed of "1700", basically every other car has "2200"  So seriously hoping that putting it at 2200 for the Vaquero solves its issue.  Gonna throw one of my monitors out the door if it doesn't.

Can you remove the slowdown when half damaged on the Kurai and Sentinel? These are SUVs, but they can't take a little damage without loosing half their speed.

So I was testing the jump fire accuracy on the STAR about half an hour ago, not realizing that the patch hadn't dropped yet (I don't really pay attention to the dates on these anymore). Was thinking "Damn, that's hella accurate while jumping. Why was that buffed?" Lo and behold, the patch hasn't even dropped yet, so what I was seeing is going to be cut into a third. I happened to have taken a screenshot to share with a buddy, and so I decided to take it into GIMP and mock up just to give myself an idea... and that's not okay, what I'm seeing.

This thing is going to be absolutely monstrous at CQC in fenced areas where you can poptart around at your opposition. You basically have the standing full auto at max bloom while marksman'd, except while jumping (which doesn't bloom further). You're pretty much going to hit every shot every time you poptart, so long as you can get an angle (which isn't hard).

Edited by Hexerin

all good they just forgot that we have a lot of unused guns in out inventory collecting dust because ntec,pmg and oca exist and no one wants to play the garbage bb guns ^^ but hey i guess that couple 100 players will be either happy or unhappy with these changes lol

• Thanks 1

"We moderately decreased the effective and max falloff range of the Colby .45 AP."

Thats all? This gun is broken, we need more nerfs for it

1 hour ago, xCROVERx said:

"We moderately decreased the effective and max falloff range of the Colby .45 AP."

Thats all? This gun is broken, we need more nerfs for it

Suggestions are always welcome.

30 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Well atleast +1 bullet for the kill from this gun

14 minutes ago, xCROVERx said:

Well atleast +1 bullet for the kill from this gun

that would make the gun useless..

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wywv said:

that would make the gun useless..

it should be, coz we have balanced nano + obeya, but now ALL secondary guns are uselles coz 45

It would be nice to nerf broken weapons before the release of the anti-cheat.

• Like 2

BE nice to hear about the anti cheat n Why weapon balance was done first.

Considering that, weapons are being viewed as op, due to hax abusing them.

Wouldn't it be wiser to do this after ban wave?

Most of the hax I see use the fbw and Ntec or sniper n here they are messing with 

the FAR, after they butchered it to Death a few years back nerfing its ability to be 

swung, or panned side to side, so its all bloom unless you stand still.

Yet your Ntec has Clowns spraying at you from 80meter n hitting every shot.

Why Don't you Buff the .38? narrow down that site, its not a shot gun, tighten the group pattern.

Bring me a .38 Special with a 4 inch barrel n I'll Drop everyone.

The .38 special has a longer shell, but not like a Magnum.

You guys either have some long 9 inch Matt Dillon barrel or a 2inch.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

The way I see it, the main reason why the .45 is so centralizing in today's meta is how lackluster all high caliber pistols (and the RFP) are in comparison to it. It makes no sense that the "optimal" secondary pick is the exact same for an OCA primary as it is for an OBIR. I don't think a 5m range reduction will be quite enough if certain competing weapons are not buffed simultaneously, and the optics of further nerfs will be bad for a supposedly high skill ceiling weapon.

One such buff would be to the RFP for example, increasing damage so it can barely 3 burst kill with 3 perfect bursts, which is still far weaker than the RFP's original form. Then its effective range could be increased and the Fang's IR3 downgraded to IR1, so the Fang keeps its current range while the Talon and F2P variants get a bit more, but still slightly less than the Fang.

Edited by mojical
  • Like 1

SPCT at it again lol
Another degenerate change

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mojical said:

The way I see it, the main reason why the .45 is so centralizing in today's meta is how lackluster all high caliber pistols (and the RFP) are in comparison to it. It makes no sense that the "optimal" secondary pick is the exact same for an OCA primary as it is for an OBIR. I don't think a 5m range reduction will be quite enough if certain competing weapons are not buffed simultaneously, and the optics of further nerfs will be bad for a supposedly high skill ceiling weapon.

One such buff would be to the RFP for example, increasing damage so it can barely 3 burst kill with 3 perfect bursts, which is still far weaker than the RFP's original form. Then its effective range could be increased and the Fang's IR3 downgraded to IR1, so the Fang keeps its current range while the Talon and F2P variants get a bit more, but still slightly less than the Fang.

.45 is lower caliber than .44 or even 9mm iirc.  The 45 AP should be closer to the FBW in terms of comparisons but the thing with the other magnums is that they're ranged weapons and should sorta be clunky.  RSA is maybe a lil too clunky and the ACT still has accuracy issues but they're in a decent spot.   RFP is something we'll eventually look at but i believe a possibly better route is making the FR0G a bit more viable to give players a bit more options over just the FBW or 45 AP.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SkittyM said:

.45 is lower caliber than .44 or even 9mm iirc.

Not even remotely, and that's like common knowledge.

7e6dfd923654b4c7d0302b51f9cb849d.jpg

3 hours ago, SkittyM said:

RFP is something we'll eventually look at

Could start by simply removing that ridiculous sprint penalty. Would take zero effort, and at least make the gun usable in the meantime.

Edited by Hexerin

30 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Not even remotely, and that's like common knowledge.

not very useful info to mention that a 45 is .01 inch larger than a 44 magnum

technically 44 magnum is actually 43 caliber. but who cares?

On 4/19/2023 at 5:37 PM, SkittyM said:

believe a possibly better route is making the FR0G a bit more viable to give players a bit more options over just the FBW or 45 AP.

Absoluty no, until it make 200 damage per shot, it shall be increased to 210/220, FBW and especially .45 is still better

On 4/19/2023 at 4:23 PM, Shui said:

SPCT at it again lol
Another degenerate change

Sadly seem so again?.. Anyway nobody asked for these changes 🤣

Merged.

On 4/19/2023 at 2:05 PM, CookiePuss said:

for then being ignored .... AGAIN 😂

14 minutes ago, BillehBobJoe said:

45 is .01 inch larger than a 44 magnum

technically 44 magnum is actually 43 caliber

40 = 10 mm = 0.400 in

44 = 10.9 mm = 0.429 in

45 = 11.43 mm = 0.451–0.454 in

Additionally the over all length of cartridge is .44 mag being 1.61 inch

while the .45 acp is 1.2 inch

FR0G:

- Increase max/min range from 10M/50M to 20M/60M.

RFP-9: This weapon has been sitting in my inventory unused for years due to the massive nerf to it's accuracy.

Revert back to about the date 2019-02-15. This was when I purchased the RFP-9 'Fang'.

Pistol_RFP9-SD - Keep the fRampDistance at 4000

Mountie:

- fRadiusAtTenMetres 28 > 26

- (Yukon) Remove "+50% equip time" from Select Fire mod.

Colby RSA:

- Increase minimum damage % from 30% to 45% (6 shot kill at minimum damage)

- Increase fMinDamageRange to 2000

- Decrease fRampDistance to 6500

ACT 44:

- Increase minimum damage % from 30% to 45% (8 shot kill at minimum damage)

- Increase fMinDamageRange to 2000

S-AS PDW:

- Improve base accuracy from 35.5 to 30.

OCSP:

- Increase fRampDistance to 4000

Remove the -1 magazine capacity penalty from the pistol suppressor. The Nano does not have this downside, neither should any other sidearm.

Remove the equip time penalty from Mobility Sling mod. 3 Point Sling does not have a downside, neither should Mobility Sling. This would buff all the sidearms with this mod equipped. Primary weapons generally don't suffer from the downside since well, they're your primary.

And the obvious one, revert the Colby .45 changes made this patch.

are you guys kidding? Colby 45 should have a 1/18 chance of alt f4ing your game every time you fire it.

get over it the range nerf wont do anything to your ability to shred people

44 minutes ago, BlatMan said:

4/10 Suggestions 

Please avoid these 50/50 suggestions good to nothing at the end, I am not telling they are completely bad but it's just so only half assests, incomplete and pro.. I can imagine the spam with other post like yours and the confusion (gentle asking then you or others make whatever you want)

Waiting @Noob_Guardian if still active summon himself and spit "the weapon balance community fan patch suggestion" big part selfmade by him but also with all the added change logic suggestion discussed during the ages by the community resulted with huge praise and standing ovation at that time.... ofc prontly ignored from devs and SPCT team despite the claims by the community and I bet the same results about being ignored for happening it again..

Nothing new about it ofc 😂 

• Thanks 1

Pay attention to shotguns and sniper rifles. They are limited in use, but have little to no advantage in their range. I think that increasing the damage at maximum range will improve the situation. Shotguns need the same thing, at a distance of up to 1-2 meters, the damage should be increased to 85. And then sharply decrease to the usual level.

Although this will reduce the time to kill. And it is so small. From above, all this is covered with lags of the server, network, and macros. Hmm. Nerf all weapons to hell! And shove Colby 45 on the shelf to the NFAS.

Merged.

Why not increase the maximum damage of the heavy sniper rifle to 100 at a distance of 100 meters? It would justify their existence. There will be new interesting combat mechanics. In the live version, this function is performed by the Volcano.

Edited by Yapopal

1 hour ago, PingOVER9000 said:

Please avoid these 50/50 suggestions good to nothing at the end, I am not telling they are completely bad but it's just so only half assests, incomplete and pro.. I can imagine the spam with other post like yours and the confusion (gentle asking then you or others make whatever you want)

Waiting @Noob_Guardian if still active summon himself and spit "the weapon balance community fan patch suggestion" big part selfmade by him but also with all the added change logic suggestion discussed during the ages by the community resulted with huge praise and standing ovation at that time.... ofc prontly ignored from devs and SPCT team despite the claims by the community and I bet the same results about being ignored for happening it again..

Nothing new about it ofc 😂 

The devs seem to ignore the SPCT too.

52 minutes ago, BlatMan said:

The devs seem to ignore the SPCT too.

It's not certainly a 50 on 50 sort of fair collaboration ofc and SPCT are unpaid volontaries, anyway it seems clear there was an "previous understanding" between themself, for ex I remind in past someone more passionate of the team like a certain dear but narcist Ghost being upset for the general dissapointment about weapons changes by the community... anway just read a little better the tone of how they or @SkittyM excuse the changes and take your conclusions.

Being clear, I and  guess big part of community dont argue for the fact a SPCT, devs team or whatever have a different opinions, it's totally normal each person or group of people alone may have different side of views from another one, but this last weapon changes list are BULLS*IT in whatever angle you see it, it doesnt change in nothing nor better nor worse in the big lines. 

Ah, I take the occasion and I hope someone of them clear and clarify it, because it seems also someone of them have some clues a little confused, at least certainly some years ago.

Reminding about how, not always but generally 95% of times during the ages, they try to justify the changes, almost never see members of the Devs team answering directly or commenting about the changes confronting with the community, seems SPCT make or substitute them in this matter ??,  it's right to tell

SPCT arent mouthpiece of the community, not at all, they have never been.

Bye

Edited by PingOVER9000
anyway don't get me wrong for these so whatever petty things