Sign in to follow this  
FanFoehver

AI: Improved Pedestrian Behavior

Hey everyone! This post is about suggesting new behaviors for Traffic AI logic, including sidewalk pedestrians, and AI drivers' logic.

I will start first!

1. New hostile Pedestrian behavior: When AI is antagonized or being shot at (not hearing gunshots) AI proceeds to throw 8-balls or bricks at the shooter (or any possible way to fight back) against the shooter.

2. Driver Random Emergency Response: AI traffic always gets stuck when someone collides with them, or shoots directly at their vehicles. In this case, AI needs to have a timer to make a decision, one of their random decisions should be:

A. Get the hell out of here ASAP (Floor it!)

B. Get out of the vehicle and run away!

C. Stay in the vehicle and Panic for a bit! (Like they usually do, but not stay there forever!). 

D. Run over the shooter, and escape!

After the timer checks if it is okay to return to normal driving behavior, then AI will continue driving normally, Or go to the despawner (Underground parking zone).

3. AI Criminal Behavior: AI will very rarely steal items from the stores, only Enforcers will be able to arrest them. On the other hand, Criminals will be able to use Criminal AI to assist them in moving heavy items, bags etc. to make missions a bit easier, this tactic may not work on all Peds!.

I think that's all what AI needs. This may sound too much, but it won't hurt someone to make some suggestions!

Bring yours below!

Edited by FanFoehver

1. The last thing we need in this game are random pedestrians 1 tapping people with bricks. The game is random enough.

2. Good ideas

3. Kind of goes against the premise of the game. We are the criminals and enforcers, The pedestrians are supposed to be regular people that are caught in the conflict. Also if AI can help you carry items then that's an unfair rng advantage based on npc spawns. Also instead of just defending a point you would have to additionally kill all of the npcs to make sure that they won't help the opposition load the items onto a car faster.

Edited by Thial
  • Like 3

afaik the npc ai isn't actually ai, its just a sequence of animations or something

thats why npc vehicles freeze in place when moved, because the animations no longer line up with the distance they're supposed to move

2. Is a great idea and didn't crackdown have this? 

But I guess with the first one instead of some bricks or 8-balls what about them pulling out some secondaries well they would probabaly have some awful accuracy, it would have made more sense since there are citzens irl that got either pistols or automatic rifles (I guess with the npc they just get a rifle that is dogshit) with them because they live in a city, state or country filled with gang violence and cops that can't do shit about it, since the criminals are more powerful with military grade weapons, armor and vehicles 

Edited by Bruhd101

On 3/1/2023 at 9:39 PM, FanFoehver said:

Hey everyone! This post is about suggesting new behaviors for Traffic AI logic, including sidewalk pedestrians, and AI drivers' logic.

I will start first!

1. New hostile Pedestrian behavior: When AI is antagonized or being shot at (not hearing gunshots) AI proceeds to throw 8-balls or bricks at the shooter (or any possible way to fight back) against the shooter.

2. Driver Random Emergency Response: AI traffic always gets stuck when someone collides with them, or shoots directly at their vehicles. In this case, AI needs to have a timer to make a decision, one of their random decisions should be:

A. Get the hell out of here ASAP (Floor it!)

B. Get out of the vehicle and run away!

C. Stay in the vehicle and Panic for a bit! (Like they usually do, but not stay there forever!). 

D. Run over the shooter, and escape!

After the timer checks if it is okay to return to normal driving behavior, then AI will continue driving normally, Or go to the despawner (Underground parking zone).

3. AI Criminal Behavior: AI will very rarely steal items from the stores, only Enforcers will be able to arrest them. On the other hand, Criminals will be able to use Criminal AI to assist them in moving heavy items, bags etc. to make missions a bit easier, this tactic may not work on all Peds!.

I think that's all what AI needs. This may sound too much, but it won't hurt someone to make some suggestions!

Bring yours below!

That's not the focus of the game, so it's not worth dedicating work to it.

• In fact, the APB is already ready, just optimize it on several fronts in what it already proposes.

- Matchmaking, Anti-cheat, a new contact, maybe new content to buy in the G1C store (I don't think there's much there, despite the huge amount of weapons, maybe a new outfit or a new car). 
I don't think APB needs any more updates outside of the subjects i mentioned. The APB in my opinion is quite free-to-play, i think that L.O can now relax.

- And a more decent tutorial, of course.

Edited by MrLek

i already get ran over by npc vehicles and now you wanna give them ROCKS to throw at me? HELL NO

better npc vehicle AI would be sweet tho but only a little

Edited by iRawwwN
  • Like 1

I have moved this topic to the Game Suggestions section of our forums.

- Azukii

I agree with everyone that 2 is the best choice. Improve the traffic so it doesn't get stuck, that way we can find vehicles after respawning, and quickly drive towards the objective.

It would be better that empty vehicles would disappear quickly, to avoid blocking the road or blocking traffic.

"Hey everyone! This post is about suggesting new behaviors for Traffic AI logic, including sidewalk pedestrians, and AI drivers' logic. I don't think that's a good idea.