Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ninjarrrr

this is where LO has been

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
On 7/15/2022 at 6:15 PM, MrChan said:

NFTs are some of the worst shit in gaming and internet culture.

 

And as mentioned above, you're late to the NFT party lads.

I beg to differ. There is at this point no game worthwhile (much less on Unreal Engine or comparable) utilizing Crypto Currencies and NFTs to their actual capacity. That said, i agree that LO is probably not going to be the company that will change this. If they wanted they could have taken steps to put APB on such a crypto economy with legendary weapons, clothing, weapon skins, symbols, etc. as NFTs and APB$ as exchange-traded crypto currency.

 

Also great name choice LO, "STFU" is about the best name abbreviation one could imagine.

Edited by Sniperturtle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sniperturtle said:

I beg to differ. There is at this point no game worthwhile (much less on Unreal Engine or comparable) utilizing Crypto Currencies and NFTs to their actual capacity. That said, i agree that LO is probably not going to be the company that will change this. If they wanted they could have taken steps to put APB on such a crypto economy with legendary weapons, clothing, weapon skins, symbols, etc. as NFTs and APB$ as exchange-traded crypto currency.

 

Also great name choice LO, "STFU" is about the best name abbreviation one could imagine.

yeah because nobody thinks NFTS/crypto are a scam to begin with, look what happened with ubisoft and with gsc game world's stalker 2. nobody wants NFTS there is a huge backlash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

 

I'm going to ask that you reserve judgment on STFU.

 

We have a slew of information and articles coming out that will explain our "Web 2.5" hybrid approach.

I'm tempted to remove the word "NFT" from anything connected with STFU, because they have such a bad reputation.
STFU is a big experiment, but we're well aware of the market. It's would be folly to try and do what everyone else is doing.

We have no interest in creating meaningless assets to make a quick buck.
I am very interested in establishing clear ownership of content created by players so they can earn real revenue from it - if they want it.

Stay tuned.

Thanks,
Matt

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

 

I'm going to ask that you reserve judgment on STFU.

 

We have a slew of information and articles coming out that will explain our "Web 2.5" hybrid approach.

I'm tempted to remove the word "NFT" from anything connected with STFU, because they have such a bad reputation.
STFU is a big experiment, but we're well aware of the market. It's would be folly to try and do what everyone else is doing.

We have no interest in creating meaningless assets to make a quick buck.
I am very interested in establishing clear ownership of content created by players so they can earn real revenue from it - if they want it.

Stay tuned.

Thanks,
Matt

look we can see how well "experimenting" with apb has gone so far, its time for you to just admit that apb is curtains ie the show is over and the game is done for. the fact your new game is called "stfu" (hilarious) tells me all i need to know never mind the nft's lol. i trust my judgement that STFU will flop harder than apb.

 

 

EDIT please look at this matt

 

unknown.png?width=897&height=438

 

unknown.png?width=938&height=437

Edited by ninjarrrr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, ninjarrrr said:

look we can see how well "experimenting" with apb has gone so far, its time for you to just admit that apb is curtains ie the show is over and the game is done for. the fact your new game is called "stfu" (hilarious) tells me all i need to know never mind the nft's lol. i trust my judgement that STFU will flop harder than apb.

 

 

EDIT please look at this matt

 

unknown.png?width=897&height=438

 

unknown.png?width=938&height=437

I will never understand why this Community is so Toxic, no one even wants your Toxic patootie in here anyway. Matt just doing his Job to get his Company running, like everyone just needs to step down like 5 gears and get into reverse, holy crap...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ninjarrrr Those are only 2 of the 7 total reviews on glassdoor, making it look worse than it actually is by only citing the negative ones. If you're going to do this, at least reference where to find the source so that people can make informed decisions.

 

We're all pretty mad with LO, but toxicity is not going to get you what you want this time. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Clumsyhunt3R said:

@ninjarrrr Those are only 2 of the 7 total reviews on glassdoor, making it look worse than it actually is by only citing the negative ones. If you're going to do this, at least reference where to find the source so that people can make informed decisions.

 

We're all pretty mad with LO, but toxicity is not going to get you what you want this time. 

 

 

the majority of those reviews are before LO purchased APB, i'm showing those reviews because they give in insight in what shithouse LO is currently in, the non payment of contractors make sense considering matt supposedly hired someone to help work on the engine upgrade.

 

in my opinion the those others review are irrelevant because they are before LO decided to do AAA games and were a bargain bin company

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2022 at 3:08 PM, ninjarrrr said:

the majority of those reviews are before LO purchased APB, i'm showing those reviews because they give in insight in what shithouse LO is currently in, the non payment of contractors make sense considering matt supposedly hired someone to help work on the engine upgrade.

 

in my opinion the those others review are irrelevant because they are before LO decided to do AAA games and were a bargain bin company

Fair point. The reviews you took are post-purchase of APB, making them remain relevant to your point. Sources are still appreciated though. Regardless, you've shown that LO is in a bit of a kerfuffle (at least at the time of writing those reviews, who are we to say the company hasn't changed? Then again, there isn't much reason to believe it has) so that does seem to explain some of what is going on with APB & LO. 

 

However, i believe that even if they were not in that situation, they still would not be very motivated to work on APB. After all, just look how their previous updates were received; majority of the community responded negatively (and that's putting it lightly). To find what the community wants through actual feedback requires a lot of sifting through toxic and / or pointless banter, which takes a lot of time that could be spent working on more features. 

 

I feel that a solution to the communication problem, at least, would be to have a representative for the voice of the community (Like Kempington was). Problem is, we barely have any big figures in the community anymore (at least none that i know of that are active anymore). 

 

And what about the problem with the company itself? What do you think the solution would be to solve that?     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Clumsyhunt3R said:

 

And what about the problem with the company itself? What do you think the solution would be to solve that?     

depends what problem you are talking about, imo there is so many things wrong with LO at this point the only solution i can think of would be shutting APB down, like i've mentioned many times before.  especially if they aren't motivated to work on this game as you've said, the constant lack of updates and silence from LO are reminiscent of traits from gamersfirst, which is why i've taken a more toxic stance towards matt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2022 at 2:06 AM, MattScott said:

Hi all,

 

I'm going to ask that you reserve judgment on STFU.

 

We have a slew of information and articles coming out that will explain our "Web 2.5" hybrid approach.

I'm tempted to remove the word "NFT" from anything connected with STFU, because they have such a bad reputation.
STFU is a big experiment, but we're well aware of the market. It's would be folly to try and do what everyone else is doing.

We have no interest in creating meaningless assets to make a quick buck.
I am very interested in establishing clear ownership of content created by players so they can earn real revenue from it - if they want it.

Stay tuned.

Thanks,
Matt

In my opinion, don't let the bad reputation get to STFU, Be an exemple instead, STFU is gonna be a unique game that makes good use of blockchain technology, STFU is gonna have a different type of community with it, and no matter how hard you try, someone's not gonna like it, keep STFU true to itself, if it uses NFT's then say it, keeping things obscure are gonna scare people away when they learn about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...