Jump to content
Acornie

System req on Steam seem *kinda* outdated

Recommended Posts

Everyone knows Apb performance is not stellar, and it's only gotten worse. Basically I do not think the system req shown on Steam are accurate at all. What do you guys think the minimum and recommend specs in 2018 are? I'll suggest a recommended specs: Intel i3@3ghz, 8gb ram, 2gb vram gpu

Edited by Archon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly some older hardware will run it just fine, whereas some newer systems will struggle.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you both for very obvious answers, I know there's alot of pointless threads on here but you could at least give what I say a little bit of thought; would you recommend anyone this pc to play Apb on nowadays? 

OS:Windows Vista 64-Bit / Windows 7 64-Bit

Processor:2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Quad or equivalent AMD x4

Memory:4 GB RAM

Graphics:GeForce 8800GT 512MB or AMD equivalent

 

I have an older pc that beats that in every facet and I get 35 fps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Archon said:

Everyone knows Apb performance is not stellar, and it's only gotten worse. Basically I do not think the system req shown on Steam are accurate at all. What do you guys think the minimum and recommend specs in 2018 are? I'll suggest a recommended specs: Intel i3@3ghz, 8gb ram, 2gb vram gpu

Honestly, a NASA pc is still recommended:classic_sleep:

 

On a sidenote it seems that older PC`s seem to run better then newer ones for whatever weird reasons, but i guess, as it follows:

 

OS: Windows 7 64-Bit or newer

Processor: 3.2 GHz atleast Intel 3770k with 3.5 and turbo to 3.9 Ghz or AMD Bulldozer or higher

Memory: 16 GB

Graphics: Nvidia 950 GTX or AMD 290 whatever its called

 

expected FPS on low to mid average fps 70 - 100.

 

I heard, that AMD Systems seem to run better on APB, i could be wrong though

Edited by SandyBitch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Archon said:

Thank you both for very obvious answers, I know there's alot of pointless threads on here but you could at least give what I say a little bit of thought; would you recommend anyone this pc to play Apb on nowadays? 

OS:Windows Vista 64-Bit / Windows 7 64-Bit

Processor:2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Quad or equivalent AMD x4

Memory:4 GB RAM

Graphics:GeForce 8800GT 512MB or AMD equivalent

 

I have an older pc that beats that in every facet and I get 35 fps.

Recommended to run a game, it dint say ull get 60fps on 1080p. You forgot to add a point, hdd space of 7GB. That was for the old game. Now its around 12.8gb including todays patch. I reckon developers have enough things to do instead of editing the above said things to i3 5157 U, 8GB Ram etc. I bet 90% out there uses an i3 or more which is more than recommemded.

Edited by Defibrillator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Defibrillator said:

Recommended to run a game, it dint say ull get 60fps on 1080p

Like I said, it beats recommended and gets an average of 35, and has major stutter in firefights etc, I'd expect better from something exceeding recommend by a large margin

4 minutes ago, Defibrillator said:

 I reckon developers have enough things to do instead of editing the above said things to i3 5157 U, 8GB Ram etc.

If the devs are busy and don't have time is completely beside the point of how accurate it is

Edited by Archon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

APB loves processors so my suggestion would be atleast any i5 of last generations.

Does Apb even utilize more than two cores though? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Archon said:

Does Apb even utilize more than two cores though? 

No but processor speed helps and two cores 1 for OS 1 for the game is enough still. As long as the MHz is fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Archon said:

Does Apb even utilize more than two cores though? 

Yes it does. Just look at task manager while in a district.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A 2010 or 2011 Core i3 dual core with 4 or 6 gb of RAM, and 2011/12 dedicated graphics probably would be just fine.

 

APB is heavy on single core performance. Older processors don't have as good multicore, but you should still be fine on minimum... remember... this is like 600p minimum settings, not medium at 1080p.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i ve : i5 3.20ghz, gtx 670, 16gb , seven 64

and got 110+ fps  (but use only smooth framerate 60fps )

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

Yes it does. Just look at task manager while in a district.

Kinda-sorta. Seems to follow the logic pretty much every UE3 game out there does of utilizing 2 threads heavily? Then the rest is just some light stuff. Could be wrong of course. I can't say I've bothered looking into it too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AMD Ryzen 5 1400 (oc to 3.8ghz)

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 ti MSI OC Edition

8gb ram 2666mhz

 

fps 60-90 with a lot of fps drops in minimum settings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They need to update it for sure. The "Recommended" specs should be moved to "Minimum". Also having 7GB of free HDD space will not work. The game will crash with out of memory errors or freeze mid mission. You need at least 20GB space free  with all the extra character assets that need to be downloaded and compiled.

 

This is what I would recommend for anyone wanting stable fps. This will at least let players know that they may need to tweak a bit if they have lower hardware.

OS: Windows 7 64-Bit
Processor: Intel i7 2600k or better.

Memory: 16GB (1600MHz or higher).

Graphics: GTX 970 or better.

Storage: SSD 40GB free.

 

Edited by MrsHappyPenguin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Minimum Specs:
Windows Vista (As long as you have the Advanced APB Launcher, you'll be fine)
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

They need to update it for sure. The "Recommended" specs should be moved to "Minimum". Also having 7GB of free HDD space will not work. The game will crash with out of memory errors or freeze mid mission. You need at least 20GB space free  with all the extra character assets that need to be downloaded and compiled.

 

This is what I would recommend for anyone wanting stable fps. This will at least let players know that they may need to tweak a bit if they have lower hardware.

OS: Windows 7 64-Bit
Processor: Intel i7 2600k or better.

Memory: 16GB (1600MHz or higher).

Graphics: GTX 970 or better.

Storage: SSD 40GB free.

 

I wouldn't recommend a 970 or better, instead I would go for anything above the 400 series of Nvidia GPU's, and above the AMD Radeon R5/R7/R9 200 Series GPU's.

Speed on MHz is also a bit irrelevant towards performance.

 

Any processor with 2 cores and tons of GHz APB will do just fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Archon said:

Thank you both for very obvious answers, I know there's alot of pointless threads on here but you could at least give what I say a little bit of thought; would you recommend anyone this pc to play Apb on nowadays? 

OS:Windows Vista 64-Bit / Windows 7 64-Bit

Processor:2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Quad or equivalent AMD x4

Memory:4 GB RAM

Graphics:GeForce 8800GT 512MB or AMD equivalent

 

I have an older pc that beats that in every facet and I get 35 fps.

I think older Computers handle APB much better than some new ones^^

 

My Specs are:

 

Mainboard: EVGA x58 FTW3 with socket1366

CPU: Intel Xeon x5675  6x 3,06 GHz socket 1366

RAM: 6x 3GB DDR3 RAM

SSD: 256GB Samsung drive

HDD: 2TB HDD drive

Graphic card: 2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 2GB each in SLI mode

CPU cooling: Corsair Watercooling

 

And i get 100fps @Ultra Settings... btw, the system Componets are 8 years old^^

Edited by SpeedyCat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

 

2018 Recommended specification. (1920x1080@60fps highest settings)

  • Intel i5-8600K / AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
  • 16GB RAM
  • nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
  • Windows 10 x64bit

This is subject to change depending on the engine upgrade but overall the above will provide a decent gaming PC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...