Jump to content

Pay2Win or Not?  

393 members have voted

  1. 1. Is APB Pay2Win?

    • Yes
      51
    • No
      342


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Thelnformer said:

That...wasnt..exactly...a question...

 

If you just put everything on the end game contact, that wont magically make the game less p2w... Im talking about an avg player, who have played for...lets say 50hours...

Bro it was literally a question.

 

50 hours?

Shit, you could give that dude all of armas and every legendary... he still gonna suck.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2018 at 10:15 AM, MrsHappyPenguin said:

A few weapons stand out from their in game counterparts that I consider pay-to-win.

 

ARMAS:

- DMR-AV: It deals significantly more hard damage than the DMR-SD. It can destroy/disable most vehicles with 4 hits at 90M.

- ACT 44 GM: Includes HS3, making it more accurate than the free versions. It can outshoot any other sidearm at 60M.

- RFP-9 'Fang': An RFP-9 with IR3. This makes it viable to use at 50M. It's high accuracy and lower ttk make it better than the ACT 44 GM at this range.

- AMG-556 'Euryale': It has less recoil and higher mobile speed than the SHAW. This kind of breaks balance of the LMG role. It makes it more viable for offense. I don't own the weapon because I'm not insane enough to spend that much money.

- S1-TIC 'Rabid': Lower TTK than any other rifle and 50 round mag capacity. Another weapon that stretches the LMG role.

- SG-21 'Strife': More damage and range than the other high damage shotguns. It has a much lower TTK, but leaving you with 1% HP is kind of game breaking, especially with perc and low-yield grenades.

...

 

 

Wait. I thought the only weapons not available to free players were reskins. But now Im seeing this list and finding out there are unique weapons that are only available for money? That IS Pay2Win. If they were reskins and functioned same as ingame free weapons, that would be fine. But thats not the case. 

 

Also prem with lower nos timing is also p2w, even though to a lesser extent. In a mission where you need to chase someone in the last stage, if they have prem, they have a performance advantage.

On 6/18/2018 at 10:15 AM, MrsHappyPenguin said:

A few weapons stand out from their in game counterparts that I consider pay-to-win.

 

ARMAS:

- DMR-AV: It deals significantly more hard damage than the DMR-SD. It can destroy/disable most vehicles with 4 hits at 90M.

- ACT 44 GM: Includes HS3, making it more accurate than the free versions. It can outshoot any other sidearm at 60M.

- RFP-9 'Fang': An RFP-9 with IR3. This makes it viable to use at 50M. It's high accuracy and lower ttk make it better than the ACT 44 GM at this range.

- AMG-556 'Euryale': It has less recoil and higher mobile speed than the SHAW. This kind of breaks balance of the LMG role. It makes it more viable for offense. I don't own the weapon because I'm not insane enough to spend that much money.

- S1-TIC 'Rabid': Lower TTK than any other rifle and 50 round mag capacity. Another weapon that stretches the LMG role.

- SG-21 'Strife': More damage and range than the other high damage shotguns. It has a much lower TTK, but leaving you with 1% HP is kind of game breaking, especially with perc and low-yield grenades.

...

 

 

Wait. I thought the only weapons not available to free players were reskins. But now Im seeing this list and finding out there are unique weapons that are only available for money? That IS Pay2Win. If they were reskins and functioned same as ingame free weapons, that would be fine. But thats not the case. 

 

Also prem with lower nos timing is also p2w, even though to a lesser extent. In a mission where you need to chase someone in the last stage, if they have prem, they have a performance advantage.

On 6/18/2018 at 10:15 AM, MrsHappyPenguin said:

A few weapons stand out from their in game counterparts that I consider pay-to-win.

 

ARMAS:

- DMR-AV: It deals significantly more hard damage than the DMR-SD. It can destroy/disable most vehicles with 4 hits at 90M.

- ACT 44 GM: Includes HS3, making it more accurate than the free versions. It can outshoot any other sidearm at 60M.

- RFP-9 'Fang': An RFP-9 with IR3. This makes it viable to use at 50M. It's high accuracy and lower ttk make it better than the ACT 44 GM at this range.

- AMG-556 'Euryale': It has less recoil and higher mobile speed than the SHAW. This kind of breaks balance of the LMG role. It makes it more viable for offense. I don't own the weapon because I'm not insane enough to spend that much money.

- S1-TIC 'Rabid': Lower TTK than any other rifle and 50 round mag capacity. Another weapon that stretches the LMG role.

- SG-21 'Strife': More damage and range than the other high damage shotguns. It has a much lower TTK, but leaving you with 1% HP is kind of game breaking, especially with perc and low-yield grenades.

...

 

 

Wait. I thought the only weapons not available to free players were reskins. But now Im seeing this list and finding out there are unique weapons that are only available for money? That IS Pay2Win. If they were reskins and functioned same as ingame free weapons, that would be fine. But thats not the case. 

 

Also prem with lower nos timing is also p2w, even though to a lesser extent. In a mission where you need to chase someone in the last stage, if they have prem, they have a performance advantage.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

game is 3rd person, game by default is easy if you abuse this system. What makes it harder is how the people play around you, you can easily say this for any game... but how hard can a 3rd person shooter be? You literally need 1 to 3 guns to be able to play apb, ntec 2 slot, hvr 2 slot, and a cqc(oca,pmg,jg) 2 slot and you're set. Game isn't p2w, it's you just people trying to cope with them being garbage and not adapting. The closest that apb has ever come to p2w is yukon and true ogre, and even so they can be countered easily.

 

Besides, the game doesn't even have a competitive scene. Whoever thinks APB is competitive is so desperate for ego, delusional almost.

Edited by Rosseau90

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That 10% is the silvers that get obliterated because of cunts that dethreat. I feel sorry for them. God be with you, my children. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That 10% of bronze that managed to get silver and blame p2w for why they can't gold. If you can't get gold with the starting Star then you don't deserve it with any other gun.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Thelnformer said:

That...wasnt..exactly...a question...

 

If you just put everything on the end game contact, that wont magically make the game less p2w... Im talking about an avg player, who have played for...lets say 50hours...

At 50 hours, they have access to a good selection of guns.

 

But if they go up against an Oscar, that person would probably still lose, considering that people that have a perm Oscar, already had the Oscar unlocked in the contact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2018 at 4:15 PM, MrsHappyPenguin said:

- NFAS-12 'True Ogre'

a straight downgrade to the normal nfas is p2w? no.

 

(yes yes, bigger mag, not like you need that in any normal fight though)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, SelttikS said:

That 10% of bronze that managed to get silver and blame p2w for why they can't gold. If you can't get gold with the starting Star then you don't deserve it with any other gun.

This has been proven time and time again, higher skilled players making new accounts then using nothing but the STAR and still rolling everyone... Hell i know players who out perform 90% of the playerbase with just the FBW let alone the STAR!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many times are people going to talk about P2W. I dare you to go buy a "unique" gun on Armas and tell me you win all the time. Go play BlackLight or CS:Nexon Zombies and tell me this game is P2W again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2018 at 8:34 AM, Spudinskes said:

Ah so it's a legendary item, ok fair enough. There is technically a way to obtain it in game. But an oca wouldn't outclass it. it has an empty slot to use for reflex or cj. It has the same accuracy as the oca. It does more hard damage. It also has the same ttk as the oca. Also being able to penetrate items like I stated before is incredibly strong. I'll probably pick it up myself as I can see it being incredibly broken in the right hands.

 

Pay2win does not translate to pay to instantly win though. It means pay to gain an advantage.

the oca now has a shorter ttk than the cap40

 

id suggest using apbdb v2 for more current/correct stats

 

5 minutes ago, CrunkGirl said:

How many times are people going to talk about P2W. I dare you to go buy a "unique" gun on Armas and tell me you win all the time. Go play BlackLight or CS:Nexon Zombies and tell me this game is P2W again.

one game being more or less p2w has no effect on another game being more or less p2w

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright I need opinions from the people that find true ogre OP or alternatively P2W.
What in the heavens is OP about an NFAS that has a wind-up time exactly? This gun really excels only in surprise-attacks or corner popping, but that can be done with any gun. 
The regular NFAS is better than the ogre in my opinion. 

Edited by Spherii

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

one game being more or less p2w has no effect on another game being more or less p2w

No but it would show them what p2w actually feels like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SelttikS said:

No but it would show them what p2w actually feels like.

that’s like saying one person that’s 50lbs overweight isn’t really fat because there are people who are 150lbs overweight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

that’s like saying one person that’s 50lbs overweight isn’t really fat because there are people who are 150lbs overweight

Or like saying you don't know what a tomato is because that is an apple and look over here are some tomatoes so you can better understand what a tomato is.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

Or like saying you don't know what a tomato is because that is an apple and look over here are some tomatoes so you can better understand what a tomato is.

tbh these analogies are confusing me more than the actual topic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

tbh these analogies are confusing me more than the actual topic

Good, now you know and that is good because you won't know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not Pay2Win. The NTEC and every other in-game purchased weapon is 100% viable in any situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2018 at 10:26 AM, SelttikS said:

How many times has a clutch cool down reduction been what won you a mission though? I mean it is nice and all but pay to grind less is not winning. well it is winning at life but not at the game...

but can use macro and call it skills

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

Good, now you know and that is good because you won't know.

tumblr_n6ws7vSDry1rx89yso1_250.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really want to add to this conversation, but I can't think of anything that hasn't been said already. Yes there are guns that cannot be reasonably (or if at all) obtained through standard gameplay. Some of them offer advantages over the ones you can gain access to. That is a problem. However the top tier guns are indeed completely free and absolute beasts. IE: OCA, N-TEC, N-HVR, etc.

 

Then again it really wouldn't hurt for them to provide more means to obtain content. Namely through simply playing the game in some capacity or another. Whether it's random rewards, some kind of new contact unlock, etc. Hell I wouldn't even mind some APB$ joker boxes available through the joker ticket store. In-fact I'd kill for another gold sink. That's something this game needs desperately. Kill two birds with one stone there.

 

Edit: ability cooldown reduction for premium seriously needs to go. This is coming from someone who has always had premium. It just isn't fair. That one there really shouldn't be any debate about. 

 

Edited by Genobee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

Or like saying you don't know what a tomato is because that is an apple and look over here are some tomatoes so you can better understand what a tomato is.

I'm printing this, getting a dollar store frame, and putting it on my wall, thank you for the laugh and the truth.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That secondary pistole the "Yukon" or whatever it is, is way overpowered. Other than that meh it's not gonna make me quit or anything.

 

Ntec and hvr are working as intended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

the oca now has a shorter ttk than the cap40

 

id suggest using apbdb v2 for more current/correct stats

 

one game being more or less p2w has no effect on another game being more or less p2w

sure it does because of reasons.....   <<<< how some random forum politician would answer you lol

 

3 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

that’s like saying one person that’s 50lbs overweight isn’t really fat because there are people who are 150lbs overweight

you forgot height factors that but yeah i get your point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...