Pay2Win or Not?  

404 members have voted

1. 1. Is APB Pay2Win?

• Yes
    • No

2 hours ago, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

What makes the Whisper more OP than the standard OCA? If you say range, try going up against an HVR at 50m+.

DMR-AV is the same as the DMR, except it is Anti-Vehicle.

.45 vs FBW is debatable. Also, ask anyone, and the FBW is probably the best all around secondary in the game.

1. You compare a SMG in a range fight with a HVR ? Nice shit dude, lets compare the HVR vs NFAS at 1m distance

2. You want to say the FBW is in any situation better than the .45 ? No. 45 does more damage, has way more range and is more consistent.
FBW is just easier to use, because you can spam and pray and compensate missed shots with a bigger mag.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Whisper 3BMpx2K.png

CSG yGxHGVS.png

8QzK85U.png

Fang Ok, the Fang does have 7m more range than the in game RFP

.45 AP iaW2t1N.png

DMR- AV rAU4Li0.png

As far as the Yukon Nano UL3, there is the in game marketplace if for whatever reason you actually prefer these.

If you want to play hundreds of hours to be able to buy 1 legendary weapon. Ok.

For JT-Store Weapons you have to play active for 1 entire week to be able to buy 1 weapon for only 1 week. Nice, totally worth.

2 minutes ago, Halelulia said:

1. You compare a SMG in a range fight with a HVR ? Nice shit dude, lets compare the HVR vs NFAS at 1m distance

2. You want to say the FBW is in any situation better than the .45 ? No. 45 does more damage, has way more range and is more consistent.
FBW is just easier to use, because you can spam and pray and compensate missed shots with a bigger mag.

Yes, I compared teh OCA Whisper to the HVR, because the ONLY thing it has over the base OCA is range.

1 minute ago, Halelulia said:

For JT-Store Weapons you have to play active for 1 entire week to be able to buy 1 weapon for only 1 week. Nice, totally worth.

... I knew I was going to regret this thread.

5 minutes ago, Halelulia said:

bYGWjnp.gif

Edited by CookiePuss

On 6/17/2018 at 10:25 AM, SacheM said:

Yes apb reloaded p2w.Because armas weapons more better free n-hvr 3 shoot kill but armas n-hvr and psr 1 shoot kill.Buy pre more hp more speed and more power.This game not need skill buy pre and armas weapons you re king.:classic_sad:

(Apb reloaded pay to prim game)

Is this still real life

6 minutes ago, Halelulia said:

If you want to play hundreds of hours to be able to buy 1 legendary weapon. Ok.

And? There are still ways to get those "Pay2Win" weapons in game, thus, removing the "Pay" part.

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

i mean he does have a point, doing both fight club gold rewards would get you a weapon, but i’m not sure a new/bad player would be able to do baylan gold without investing a lot of time

and low level contact dailies only give out 10(?) JTs per daily, i’m not even sure you could get 700 JTs in one week from that

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

i mean he does have a point, doing both fight club gold rewards would get you a weapon, but i’m not sure a new/bad player would be able to do baylan gold without investing a lot of time

and low level contact dailies only give out 10(?) JTs per daily, i’m not even sure you could get 700 JTs in one week from that

It'd take two weeks, if you got 50 per day.

But still, removes the "pay" part.

4 minutes ago, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

It'd take two weeks, if you got 50 per day.

But still, removes the "pay" part.

there are several weapons like the fang that aren’t available through the joker store tho

and JT weapons are either 0slot or 1slot only iirc

9 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

I swear to god, if this is a "every player should have access to everything at the start of the game" thread, Im going to bed.

5 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I swear to god, if this is a "every player should have access to everything at the start of the game" thread, Im going to bed.

Every player should have access to everything at the start of the game!

Night Cookie!

10 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

there are several weapons like the fang that aren’t available through the joker store tho

and JT weapons are either 0slot or 1slot only iirc

And?

Gold 10's can kick patootie with a 0 slot STAR and FBW........

5 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

Every player should have access to everything at the start of the game!

Night Cookie!

tfDI7YB.gif

haha sike!

Are you calling weapons reskin p2w? well dude you're in a big trouble my friend. Most of the weapons in-game has the same version but without the colored logo in the scoreboard. 

When calling something pay-2-win you should compare it to other weapons in the same category that is free-2-play and then make a decision, for example, people keep bringing up the csg, compare it to the JG.  Try to imagine that the person using the weapon in this situation is a person who understand how to play with the weapon to its full effect.

Edited by Nanometic

On 6/17/2018 at 12:46 PM, indi said:

This game has a history of certain P2W weapons being added in over time. Trouble Maker? Had a near 8 month dominance before getting nerfed. ATAC? Still extremely good compared to it's previous state, literal console aim and spray weapon. Yukon? P2W, I mean c'mon. 

Last but not least, there is that new 60m Obir Secondary that literally every single person uses, nothing more over powered than a pistol that can out range an NTEC and is more accurate.

Overall, I'd say the game isn't P2W, but there are certainly a few P2W weapons along with a history of P2W weapons being added in and nerfed over significant periods of time. This game has horrid weapon balance, and the previous owners clearly didn't even have a combined 10 hours district time between them so as a result we're stuck with a very, very unbalanced game with weapons that were added without any consideration of their overall impact.

Never really saw a problem with the the troublemaker...fighting wise, when it was first released i barley used it as i didn't like it that much. 

34 minutes ago, B0N3EZ said:

Never really saw a problem with the the troublemaker...fighting wise, when it was first released i barley used it as i didn't like it that much. 

it was the fact that not only did it function as an smg but could also be tap fired effectively like an ntec up to ridiculous ranges. I believe this was before the exponential systems for recoil and bloom were put in place for certain weapons like the trouble maker and ntec.

The only p2w weapon is the cobra :^)

but seriously, buff it

On 6/17/2018 at 4:19 PM, Seedy said:

What would you suggest? how is the game supposed to make the company money if they do not make things NOT free.

giphy.gif

On 6/18/2018 at 1:13 AM, Nanometic said:

hvr, ntec, oca.

That's a weird way of saying star, alig, obir.

8 hours ago, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

And the toy knife is an ARMAS weapon. Most are reskins. So they function identically to the base gun. The few that aren't reskins, are niche weapons.

The CSG and TAS have a normalized spread while the JG has completely random spread. It also has less pellets so if a pellet misses due to the random spread it affects its  damage dramatically. The normalized spread results in a more reliable two shot.

The whisper pr1 (which is not obtainable through joker tickets) has a drop-off range of 50m while the oca has 30m. Even if you add a IR3 you only get 37m and it's accuracy drops significantly. That is a HUGE (26%) range advantage over the in-game counterpart.

http://apbdb.com/build/Weapon_SMG_OCA_Slot1/?mods=FnMod_Weapon_ReflexSight3

http://apbdb.com/items/Weapon_SMG_OCA-Whisper_PR2_Armas/

I don't understand how people in this game can say the game is not pay to win? I think a lot of people are getting fooled into thinking that since there are only a handful of p2w guns in a sea of reskins and  "think" the game for the most part isn't pay to win. I want to be clear though, i do not have any issues defeating players that use armas weapons. I am not speaking out of rage or anger, I am speaking with just facts.

Edited by Spudinskes

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

just pointing out what i see as a flaw in the JT system, do what thou will

6 minutes ago, Spudinskes said:

The CSG and TAS have a normalized spread while the JG has completely random spread. It also has less pellets so if a pellet misses due to the random spread it affects its  damage dramatically. The normalized spread results in a more reliable two shot.

The whisper has a drop-off range of 50m while the oca has 30m. Even if you add a IR3 you only get 37m and it's accuracy drops significantly. That is a HUGE (26%) range advantage over the in-game counterpart.

I don't understand how people in this game can say the game is not pay to win? I think a lot of people are getting fooled into thinking that since there are only a handful of p2w guns in a sea of reskins and  "think" the game for the most part isn't pay to win. But the thing is there are armas guns in the game that statistically have better and or unobtainable stats.

And you honestly think you are going to snipe, reliably, at 50m with a Whisper, against any other mid range gun? Seriously... If that is why you think the Whisper is "Pay2Win"....

Secondly, you wanna see Pay2Win, or play some mobile/browser games, or, go try out Evony. Come back, and let me know what is Pay2Win about APB.

Edited by Nymphi--DoubleDee

3 minutes ago, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

And you honestly think you are going to snipe, reliably, at 50m with a Whisper, against any other mid range gun? Seriously... If that is why you think the Whisper is "Pay2Win"....

Secondly, you wanna see Pay2Win, or play some mobile/browser games, or, go try out Evony. Come back, and let me know what is Pay2Win about APB.

What do you consider a pay to win gun??? An item where you just press a button and you just win the mission? Don't take the term "Pay to Win" so literally. You pay to have an advantage, it doesn't literally mean you pay to instantly win. And don't go ignoring my CSG/TAS example.

Edited by Spudinskes