Jump to content
Hexerin

There are multiple blatant cheaters in Jericho Waterfront 2 US East right now

Recommended Posts

Is that correct?

 

-Add FairFight with Battleye/EAC

-Add 3 GMs to observe cheaters from the game.

-Encrypt the Game files from modding.

-Block all high/gold rank players from bronze district.

Edited by ShawLOL
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ShawLOL said:

-Add FairFight with Battleye/EAC

-Add 3 GMs to observe cheaters from the game.

-Encrypt the Game files from modding.

You just need EAC with all of its protections enabled. That will prevent client modding as well. 

 

I don't understand why they have decided to go back to battleye instead of integrating EAC properly.

Edited by PotatoeGirl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, PotatoeGirl said:

I don't understand why they have decided to go back to battleye instead of integrating EAC properly.

I can't find the post on it now, but there were issues getting some of EAC's features to integrate into APB:R and function correctly. Once EAC's people deemed the issues insurmountable, LO & EAC couldn't agree a reduced fee for the reduced service. That's why they went back to BattlEye.

 

EAC even without all the bells & whistles was still better than BattlEye though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ShawLOL said:

Block all high/gold rank players from bronze district.

Hey Hey now. We used to have allot of High or Max ranks Legits that played bronze. Most left because of the lack of anticheat, population, and working guns. All of which drove out more people like me, cuz without pop, and solid hit regs or the hacking of hit regs or health there is only a couple of joker jobs that can be done.

 Dont really matter now, it used to matter if they dethreated but now there just as many hack in bronze as silver.

GMs dont deal with hacking, dont have detection. Its like LO just won't accept or believe that many hacks exist, n they'd rather keep the few legits in Line, from Rocking the Boat. Cuz if they loose 3 or 4 legits its nothing to them, compared to banning the other 50 hackers in NA. If they ban them they would only have 4 or 5 legit players left, n that wont get them investors or put them in the tradable market

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

Cuz if they loose 3 or 4 legits its nothing to them, compared to banning the other 50 hackers in NA. If they ban them they would only have 4 or 5 legit players left

I dunno who started this ridiculous idea, but I wish everyone would stop repeating it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I dunno who started this ridiculous idea, but I wish everyone would stop repeating it. 

if kids in this game had more words in there vocabulary  and better eye sight i think they would see there's atleast 4-5 hackers per a session and the rest are legit, they don't seem to understand in a game like this in this state you basically facing off with people who have played for many years or are on alts or know the map and mission lay out etc. but i guess it's easier to cry hacker give up tk your team ruin a mission and make more people quit then to shut up and learn what your doing and figuring out if they are hacking or not. oh well sad world 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PotatoeGirl said:

You just need EAC with all of its protections enabled. That will prevent client modding as well. 

 

I don't understand why they have decided to go back to battleye instead of integrating EAC properly.

When EAC was active on apb reloaded, it wasn't prevent from modding the game files. It was even worse than the current anti-cheat

 

(Only in my opnion):

I think Battleye + Fairfight would do better job.  But GMs are still needed to observe the real hackers.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone who thinks eac is better than battleye has ZERO understanding of how they function. They are practically the same both have had usermode(no drivers/kernal) exploits both use something called 'heart beat' which just means the battleye/eac server communicates with the client every so often to make sure battleye/eac is still running, these packets can be emulated though(not sure if this still works don't think it does). They are both equally useful for taking out script kiddies and lazy cheaters but they won't touch anyone with even a little cursory knowledge or understanding of they're functioning which is easily obtainable public knowledge since every update is reversed engineered within a few days by some no life.  The only way to combat cheaters/hackers properly is to cover as much ground as possible ie server-sided anti-cheat like fairfight + client-sided(battleye) + fairly active gm's with the ability to track suspect players (not saying ban but investigate and compile evidence) [since spectating doesn't follow the players aim give them something like what goat had called aim-lazer which tracks there aiming].

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, MonkaS said:

Anyone who thinks eac is better than battleye has been...

...paying attention to their effects on cheaters in APB specifically.

That is, APB was never more cheat free in its entire history than when we had EAC.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

...paying attention to their effects on cheaters in APB specifically.

That is, APB was never more cheat free in its entire history than when we had EAC.

says the guy that can't even play a single mission since his game just crashes

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MonkaS said:

says the guy that can't even play a single mission since his game just crashes

*cries in RTX*

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ShawLOL said:

When EAC was active on apb reloaded, it wasn't prevent from modding the game files. It was even worse than the current anti-cheat

 

(Only in my opnion):

I think Battleye + Fairfight would do better job.  But GMs are still needed to observe the real hackers.

 

Fairfight didn't even work it was all manual bans so i don't know why you want fairfight it fucking sucks there is a reason a lot of games switched away from fairfight. Also BE doesn't prevent modding the gamefiles so i don't see the point in saying that EAC is worse then BE. BE is worse then EAC. EAC at least did stop most of the cheats while BE gets bypassed instant on day one.

Edited by Gateron
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Gateron said:

Fairfight didn't even work it was all manual bans so i don't know why you want fairfight it fucking sucks there is a reason a lot of games switched away from fairfight. Also BE doesn't prevent modding the gamefiles so i don't see the point in saying that EAC is worse then BE. BE is worse then EAC. EAC at least did stop most of the cheats while BE gets bypassed instant on day one.

Quote

Fairfight didn't even work it was all manual bans

All manual ban? :classic_huh: Where did you get that information from?

 

Quote

Also BE doesn't prevent modding the gamefiles

I never said battleye should protect the game files. Littel Orbit have to encreypt their game files from modding. Not hard to do.

 

Quote

EAC at least did stop most of the cheats while BE gets bypassed instant on day one.

In my point of view are both easy to bypass. Just google for information how to bypass an anti-cheat  isn't that hard. That's the reason to add a Server Side Anti-Cheat like FairFight as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ShawLOL said:

All manual ban? :classic_huh: Where did you get that information from?

 

I never said battleye should protect the game files. Littel Orbit have to encreypt their game files from modding. Not hard to do.

 

In my point of view are both easy to bypass. Just google for information how to bypass an anti-cheat  isn't that hard. That's the reason to add a Server Side Anti-Cheat like FairFight as well. 

Bro Matt scot himself said that the Fairfight gives false positives and tiggs was putting manual bans left and right but, you probably don't even know who that is since you registered in 2020. And EAC did in fact stop most cheats expect the private ones that only has a few players running it. The only thing you saw was apes with Trigger bot running around since yes EAC didn't support server side anti cheat but, even then i rather fight people with trigger bot then blatant WH and Aimbot.

 

EAC times was the best times this game had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2021 at 8:50 PM, MonkaS said:

No one is using an ai or machine learning cheat in apb(only ones I know of were for fortnite and rainbow six siege which both ran like a$$).

OH.. so I guess what you don't know about doesn't exist.

You can easily search and find plenty of info on it that shows you are wrong about that.


 

 

Edited by Cr0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cr0 said:

OH.. so I guess what you don't know about doesn't exist.

You can easily search and find plenty of info on it that shows you are wrong about that.


 

 

dm me the info than I highly doubt this is the case as someone who regularly checks cheater discords and forums and who talks to the coders they're prob just using some cr@p color based or img search aimbot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MonkaS said:

dm me the info than I highly doubt this is the case as someone who regularly checks cheater discords and forums and who talks to the coders they're prob just using some cr@p color based or img search aimbot.

I told LO about a couple of them it. That's the only one I'm gonna tell. And let me tell you color based stuff can be very good.  I'm an expert on those.

Edited by Cr0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Cr0 said:

I told LO about a couple of them it. That's the only one I'm gonna tell. And let me tell you color based stuff can be very good.  I'm an expert on those.

no they aren't good they are for the lazy coder same thing with external cheats internal is always better. also I said dm me.

Edited by MonkaS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2021 at 9:08 PM, ShawLOL said:

When EAC was active on apb reloaded, it wasn't prevent from modding the game files. It was even worse than the current anti-cheat

Because it wasn't fully utilized. I think they didn't enable it just because of being scared losing all the playerbase that uses modded clients (which is basically everyone if we count the advanced launcher)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MonkaS said:

no they aren't good they are for the lazy coder same thing with external cheats internal is always better. also I said dm me.

How do you know?

No I won't DM you (or anyone else) the links to those, sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2021 at 9:20 AM, PotatoeGirl said:

You just need EAC with all of its protections enabled. That will prevent client modding as well. 

 

I don't understand why they have decided to go back to battleye instead of integrating EAC properly.

Blocking client modding is a feature built into the game, but it's not enabled for most files. G1 enabled it on most vehicle related upk files when they started encrypting them. You don't need a 3rd party anticheat to do it. Innova / 4Game, the Russian version, blocked custom shaders with it. My guesses are it puts too much strain on the servers and LO don't have enough staff to work on it. It could have been hard coded per file for all I know.

Edited by SquirrelFace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cr0 said:

How do you know?

No I won't DM you (or anyone else) the links to those, sorry.

than I choose to not believe you. how would I know that you made a crappy color/image search aimbot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm genuinely not good at telling when people are hacking in this game, does anyone have any video evidence or examples I can see so I can learn what types there are and how to detect it please? Thank you in advance.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Reprimand said:

I'm genuinely not good at telling when people are hacking in this game, does anyone have any video evidence or examples I can see so I can learn what types there are and how to detect it please? Thank you in advance.

better off just not bothering, i might be a little biased but i've never seen the point in wasting my own brain power and game time wondering who is cheating and who isn't

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...