Hexerin

There are multiple blatant cheaters in Jericho Waterfront 2 US East right now

Will Little Orbit do anything? Or are they going to continue to prove they don't take action against cheating/griefing/etc?

The answer is obvious of course. Actions speak louder than words, and their actions prove they have no interest in actually taking action against those that break ToS.

• Like 5

still players hackin dat dead server?

Edited by AlienTM

at this point it's only fair if LO release an official list of approved cheats

• Like 9

just use hacks too, not like your gonna get banned.

They don't know who is cheating.

They can't see who is cheating.

They can't detect who is cheating.

... unless it's a public cheat that anyone can get.

Reporting anything, in any way, is pointless.

But pointing it out on the forums will lead to people letting you know all the things you are doing wrong by posting about it.

Isn't that lovely?

Edited by Cr0
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Cr0 said:

But pointing it out on the forums will lead to people letting you know all the things you are doing wrong by posting about it.

Isn't that lovely?

was this post supposed to be ironic?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cr0 said:

Isn't that lovely?

My question is, Why does it seem lower tier players always complain about cheats?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jinsen said:

My question is, Why does it seem lower tier players always complain about cheats?

There's a very obvious answer to that question.

Cheaters are basically never low tier. So of course when you see someone complain about it, they will very often be a low tier.

Edited by Cr0
  • Like 2

How about EU-

18 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Will Little Orbit do anything? Or are they going to continue to prove they don't take action against cheating/griefing/etc?

The answer is obvious of course. Actions speak louder than words, and their actions prove they have no interest in actually taking action against those that break ToS.

Im sure you never play on Citadel.

Your first time play is your last time play.

4 hours ago, Cr0 said:

They don't know

They don't 'Care'

Anticheat is the last, very very last thing in their priority list. 

And lets face it, if they were banning, we would have about 10 legits left to play, n 5 of those are once a month types.

In My opinion the gun nerfing project was done to retain the hackers. Keep the few legits from being able to kill em with a full mag to the belly.

You say Report and move on. First off if you can't detect a cheat how is whoever thats might come to watch the hacker gonna know if they haven't detection technology. Second We have strong doubts a report is even looked at in a timely manner if at all.

Third, I am not Your Policeman

So to me, you are trying to get rid of me and the few Legits n Keep the Hackers. 

Have a Nice fkn Day. 

Edited by MACKxBOLAN
  • Like 4

give everyone cheats so it isn't unfair anymore 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

at this point it's only fair if LO release an official list of approved cheats

In all seriousness, some streamers use modified .upk files. They have links to these modified in their stream. These are not .ini config files, they are encrypted .upk files being modified.

LO approved some of them for the first Beta test, so I'm guessing those kinds of edits are allowed.

Edited by SquirrelFace
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SquirrelFace said:

In all seriousness, some streamers use modified .upk files. They have links to these modified in their stream. These are not .ini config files, they are encrypted .upk files being modified.

LO approved some of them for the first Beta test, so I'm guessing those kinds of edits are allowed.

And thats the big issue against cheaters. For many years!

Alright guys...after pondering for a couple weeks. I have come up. WITH A FOOL PROOF SOLUTION TO THE CHEATING PANDEMIC. GONE ARE THE DAYS OF HACKUSATING THE WRONG PEOPLE. GONE ARE THE DAYS OF BEING CALLED GARBAGE BY BLATANT CHEATERS. 

THE SOLUTION IS!

just stop playing. As someone who takes joy in being legit in pvp games. It's not fair that I have to sus everyone for being a cheater. On top of that, I was getting rage whispered, harass whispered, team killed and griefed in Jehrico. Citadel is so much worst too! I can't stand to play on that server for more than an hour before getting sick of the kind of people APB attracts. Wanna know who plays this game these days? I swear everyone who cheats or sweats is a highschool drop out. Can't use their brain to play legit so they make the computer do it for them.

I've tried to comeback every month. But the game is in such a sh!tty state right now and LO excuse is the engine. GM's don't have the power to ban. Support won't tell you anything about reports. 

I hope this game can get back on it's feet after 2.1.

But for now, I'm tired of point blank shooting brazilians with a shotgun and doing 0 damage.

APB is addictive. NOT GOOD! NOT FUN! And certainly not balanced.

Can LO shut down the current version of APB? PLEASE? 

P.s. I wrote this minutes before bed

Sound like a dropout myself

Edited by R3ACT3M

3 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

Can LO shut down the current version of APB? PLEASE?

Or you could just take a break? Sounds like you need one.

I haven't played since August, 2020. Just patiently waiting for them to update cause the game is kinda crap atm.

13 hours ago, SquirrelFace said:

They shouldn't approve edited .upk files anymore. There's some external object detection cheats that depend on those, spreading like the plague. Those cheats need it so that the characters are never hidden by nade explosions, car explosions, muzzle flash, fire, smoke and many other things. Make a list of the things you need to edit in APB for these cheats to work and there's an edit for basically every single one of them.

To help people make it harder for these cheaters, this info is useful:
The weaknesses with these cheats are:
- Can't target players covered by fences etc (doesn't detect human shape)

- Partly covered player models are harder to target.
- Also targets pedestrians and friendly players.
- Can incorrectly target the current object within FOV closest to human shape (minimal % of match to shape can be used though).
- Some clothing items disrupting normal human outlines decreases the effectiveness of the bots (clothing items like the pointed tinfoil hat (hah!), wizard hat, backpacks, strange pointy shapes etc)

other:
- The cheats hog GPU power because the bots use an AI function running directly on the GPU. So minimal graphics, resolution etc is used. Overkill GPU makes them more effective, especially the new nvidia models which are specialized in AI functions with dedicated stuff for it.

- Since they target the player model and the player model is often not in the actual center of the hitbox, accuracy suffers slightly from that.

These bots are used on streams all the time. They were used in the unofficial APB tournament.

So now you know how to make it harder for these cheaters as a player.

Edited by Cr0
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cr0 said:

They shouldn't approve edited .upk files anymore. There's some external object detection cheats that depend on those, spreading like the plague. Those cheats need it so that the characters are never hidden by nade explosions, car explosions, muzzle flash, fire, smoke and many other things. Make a list of the things you need to edit in APB for these cheats to work and there's an edit for basically every single one of them.

- Can incorrectly target the current object within FOV closest to human shape (minimal % of match to shape can be used though).
- Some clothing items disrupting normal human outlines decreases the effectiveness of the bots (clothing items like the pointed tinfoil hat (hah!), wizard hat, backpacks, strange pointy shapes etc)

other:
- The cheats hog GPU power because the bots use an AI function running directly on the GPU. So minimal graphics, resolution etc is used. Overkill GPU makes them more effective, especially the new nvidia models which are specialized in AI functions with dedicated stuff for it.

- Since they target the player model and the player model is often not in the actual center of the hitbox, accuracy suffers slightly from that.

These bots are used on streams all the time. They were used in the unofficial APB tournament.

Lmfao this must be bait

3 hours ago, Cr0 said:

other:

No one is using an ai or machine learning cheat in apb(only ones I know of were for fortnite and rainbow six siege which both ran like a$$). Its much easier to just grab some public driver and remove the detection vectors. Battleye doesn't care so long as your cheater community is small once you start pulling in a larger number of customers thats when they'll flag and ban since that provides them with the best PR. They go "Hey LO we just banned a 100 players" were they each unique? no of course not its the same hand full of idiots downloading some shitty ahk script or some idiot not removing detection vectors on there driver.  All client sided anti-cheats can be easily circumvented with just a week or so of work it doesn't take a genius. conclusion we need fairfight back to run along side battleye or eac.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, EvaPooh said:

Or you could just take a break? Sounds like you need one.

I haven't played since August, 2020. Just patiently waiting for them to update cause the game is kinda crap atm.

I haven't played for a month but you totally missed the point anyway

Free2Play == f2cheat.

Nothing less ,nothing more.

Edited by Queen of Love
myenglishisbad

NA population multiple cheating? the probability of a dirty match would be pretty dam high and without you giving some video evidence we wouldn't know what really happened. Hell there's people out there that say 60% of the player base is using some sort of cheat, people are just way too paranoid, like someone said here if you suspect every player are cheating every time you match, I think you better off playing another game. 

who knows there's probably an undetectable private cheat shared around for XX amount of money only those circle jerking closet group use maybe 1-4 players on NA, though that's low depending if they play on a daily basis. No one knows how BattleEye or LO deals with these type of cheaters, but if detected it's going to be a Global banned 😛 and pretty sure they handing out global bans now for first offense cheaters. 

I seen battleEye does it's job i've seen proof that average bad cheater get's banned mid game while poorly cheating on a 1v1 so it does it's job at some extend.

Edited by Deadliest

3 hours ago, Deadliest said:

60% of the player base is using some sort of cheat, 

I personally it's bad netcode and how bad guns feel in this god forsaken game.

6 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

I personally it's bad netcode and how bad guns feel in this god forsaken game.

Zip-Gun-6.jpeg

they all feel like this yet some how worse

• Like 1

Is that correct?

-Add FairFight with Battleye/EAC

-Add 3 GMs to observe cheaters from the game.

-Encrypt the Game files from modding.

-Block all high/gold rank players from bronze district.

Edited by ShawLOL
  • Like 1