Jump to content
Sakebee

Easter Patch Announcement

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone,

 

A new patch is going up onto the Live servers for PC. This patch will be happening on Wednesday 3/24/2021. The patch is scheduled to start at 9 AM UTC and will last up to 6 hours. Console will have its normal maintenance starting at 9 AM UTC as well.

 

OVERVIEW

This update brings a few sweet things your way! First, we are bringing back Easter Classics to the client (with all new titles to discover) and Easter costumes back into the store. You can read all about this on our website. Second, we've updated our download page with an approved config section. Moving forward, the download page is where we will put any approved 3rd party items like the Advanced Launcher so players can have one location to check out for accepted APB customizations. Finally third, we have a letter regarding community griefing that we encourage you all to check out. We will be taking a much harder stance regarding this kind of behavior in the future, so please inform yourselves and act kindly towards each other. 

 

PC CHANGES/FIXES

  • New Role and Titles added to the client
  • Easter Egg Hunt event enabled
  • Easter bundles are back in ARMAS

 

This post is cross-referenced in Game Updates for your convenience.

 

🐝 Sakebee

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Sakebee said:

Second, we've updated our download page with an approved config section.

these aren't the only configs you guys are planning on officially approving are they?

 

i kind of assumed there was going to be more performance stabilizing options available, if there are concerns about officially endorsing "clay graphics" there are several streamers who use configs that help performance without sacrificing every polygon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am interested to know the plan for how griefing will be tackled - unfortunately APB as a game allows for a wide range of harassment techniques, from deliberately impersonating with the intention to mock, to directly interfering in missions. But at the same time, many actions that look like griefing (Such as ramming a player in a mission) may be accidental. How does Little Orbit plan to approach this? How will they look at less obvious griefing methods, such as ghosting? (Where a player not in a mission follows a team around and reports on their locations/actions to their opponents). 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Why couldn’t these config settings be implemented into game options?

 

enable always sprint and hold crouch should be there already.

 

can’t do it or what?

Edited by Deadliest
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Deadliest said:

Why couldn’t these config settings be implemented into game options?

 

enable always sprint and hold crouch should be there already.

 

can’t do it or what?

It could be done later on probably, but just adding them as downloadable lets players do it without using resources. Not only that but most games don't "automatically" allow you to delete loading screens, ragdolls, and have a 3rd party "launcher".

 

The only one that I can see them implementing would be autosprint.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sakebee said:

Hello everyone,

 

A new patch is going up onto the Live servers for PC. This patch will be happening on Wednesday 3/24/2021. The patch is scheduled to start at 9 AM UTC and will last up to 6 hours. Console will have its normal maintenance starting at 9 AM UTC as well.

 

OVERVIEW

This update brings a few sweet things your way! First, we are bringing back Easter Classics to the client (with all new titles to discover) and Easter costumes back into the store. You can read all about this on our website. Second, we've updated our download page with an approved config section. Moving forward, the download page is where we will put any approved 3rd party items like the Advanced Launcher so players can have one location to check out for accepted APB customizations. Finally third, we have a letter regarding community griefing that we encourage you all to check out. We will be taking a much harder stance regarding this kind of behavior in the future, so please inform yourselves and act kindly towards each other. 

 

PC CHANGES/FIXES

  • New Role and Titles added to the client
  • Easter Egg Hunt event enabled
  • Easter bundles are back in ARMAS

 

This post is cross-referenced in Game Updates for your convenience.

 

🐝 Sakebee

Cool, Posted a steam version (redid the graphic at the end into 1 image) Changed the background color so it blends into steam's ui

 

~Easter 2021 - Event and Reward Details~

16EDB1B161B17B047F10D35663CE2AC3717A341C

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2021 at 9:40 PM, Sakebee said:

Hello everyone,

 

A new patch is going up onto the Live servers for PC. This patch will be happening on Wednesday 3/24/2021. The patch is scheduled to start at 9 AM UTC and will last up to 6 hours. Console will have its normal maintenance starting at 9 AM UTC as well.

 

OVERVIEW

This update brings a few sweet things your way! First, we are bringing back Easter Classics to the client (with all new titles to discover) and Easter costumes back into the store. You can read all about this on our website. Second, we've updated our download page with an approved config section. Moving forward, the download page is where we will put any approved 3rd party items like the Advanced Launcher so players can have one location to check out for accepted APB customizations. Finally third, we have a letter regarding community griefing that we encourage you all to check out. We will be taking a much harder stance regarding this kind of behavior in the future, so please inform yourselves and act kindly towards each other. 

 

PC CHANGES/FIXES

  • New Role and Titles added to the client
  • Easter Egg Hunt event enabled
  • Easter bundles are back in ARMAS

 

This post is cross-referenced in Game Updates for your convenience.

 

🐝 Sakebee

THANK YOU ❤

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yoooo, could it be the same event as all the other years? POG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2021 at 4:54 PM, Lord Cashpoint said:

I am interested to know the plan for how griefing will be tackled

I would like to see some feedback on this too.  This means no Revenge against current Trolls, that literally follow u in there cars all over the map, crashing u and honking...So this means i have to take that shit n can't do nothing back. As it stands I just go get a truck right away if i want a vehicle that will make it to the mission. Not only the trolls but the npc constantly turning in your way. 

Also one of the Few Remaining Joker Jobs is killing or running down 150 well deserving npc pedestrians. Also with the increased npc traffic turning in front of you, siren or not. Its just better to drive on the sidewalk or smash thru the npc cars with a truck

 

Its like being on pins n needles 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Cuve said:

Yoooo, could it be the same event as all the other years? POG

yea and even if you have completed everything previously guess what? you have to do it ALL over again :DDDD ...... for what reason? none other than to ruin your life

Edited by Iazer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Iazer said:

yea and even if you have completed everything previously guess what? you have to do it ALL over again :DDDD ...... for what reason? none other than to ruin your life

Now that sounds like so much FUN!
I hope all of you enjoy the Easter event that you've been playing for plenty of years once more to get some more AWESOME titles!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Cuve said:

Now that sounds like so much FUN!
I hope all of you enjoy the Easter event that you've been playing for plenty of years once more to get some more AWESOME titles!

Veteran players' humor is so sad ngl xd

 

Armas haven't updated yet? I just wanna see these clothes account bound or not...

And about griefers... I think there is have to be GM in every district to prevent such behavior... only reasonable solution for me.

Edited by Nagletz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nagletz said:

Veteran players' humor is so sad ngl xd

 

Armas haven't updated yet? I just wanna see these clothes account bound or not...

And about griefers... I think there is have to be GM in every district to prevent such behavior... only reasonable solution for me.

Armas should be updated as of a few hours ago. Let us know if you are not seeing the Easter items.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Flight said:

Armas should be updated as of a few hours ago. Let us know if you are not seeing the Easter items.

They are at the bottom of the front page, but are not showing up in the main banner nor on the relevant sub-pages.

 

ARMAS seriously needs to be redesigned from the ground up. It's like trying to navigate the horribly jank websites of the 90s.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, gotta go shopping (+rep to LO for account bounded pack)

 

Also agree, it needs total rework.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2021 at 4:40 PM, Sakebee said:

Hello everyone,

 

A new patch is going up onto the Live servers for PC. This patch will be happening on Wednesday 3/24/2021. The patch is scheduled to start at 9 AM UTC and will last up to 6 hours. Console will have its normal maintenance starting at 9 AM UTC as well.

 

OVERVIEW

This update brings a few sweet things your way! First, we are bringing back Easter Classics to the client (with all new titles to discover) and Easter costumes back into the store. You can read all about this on our website. Second, we've updated our download page with an approved config section. Moving forward, the download page is where we will put any approved 3rd party items like the Advanced Launcher so players can have one location to check out for accepted APB customizations. Finally third, we have a letter regarding community griefing that we encourage you all to check out. We will be taking a much harder stance regarding this kind of behavior in the future, so please inform yourselves and act kindly towards each other. 

 

PC CHANGES/FIXES

  • New Role and Titles added to the client
  • Easter Egg Hunt event enabled
  • Easter bundles are back in ARMAS

 

This post is cross-referenced in Game Updates for your convenience.

 

🐝 Sakebee

Griefing has been a problem since forever in APB and the reason there has been a sharp increase in it is because the playerbase knows that LO doesnt enforce its TOS and they can get away with it, much like dethreating. Nothing is going to change unless LO actually polices the community and the LO staff does their jobs. Ive been playing since 2011 and LO is doing the same exact thing G1 did and expecting different results. If it hasnt worked for a decade why are we still doing it let alone expecting anything but the community problems we have.

Also gj on updating the easter event to give us vets a reason to play for new stuff #sarcasm. I have a reason to log on and play now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...