Jump to content

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Omega101 said:

lets start with basics, back in RTWCB because of the limited text cap on reports we started running the words describing the cheat together, thus:

 

fastwephandswapfirebot = The player uses a macro (bot) to fire the weapon then swaps hands and fires the weapon the swaps back to other hand and fires (repeat sequence).

 

Bobfirebot = The player again using a macro fires a weapon then crouches (bob as in a fishing lure) and fires the weapon then stands and fires (repeat). there is an alternate bot that only when the player stands.

 

funjumpfiregrabitemcarry= The player's macro grabs the item runs then fires (interrupted dropping the item) the jumps and grabs the item (repeat) this is how the player can carry even a heavy item at a non weighted pace usually faster that players that are not botting can run.

 

Superthrowgernade= The player uses a macro to throw their grenade farther than an actual grenade launcher can.

 

Kangaroorun= This macro allows players to replace their running speed with a jumping speed 2x faster.  This is seen all the time, when  you see the players bounding down the road almost as fast as a car, they are using a bot not a hack.

 

Kangaroojumpfire= The player uses a macro to jump 2 times the normal jump height  and fires the weapon.  When carrying an item this allows the player to place the item on top of an area that would be too high to jump to without the bot.

youre dedicated to this troll, ill give you that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am dedicated to APB, I was sad when we were all dancing in social when the plug was pulled and ecstatic when it was brought back to life. I have also been around long enough to see what allowing cheating has done to it as well as other games.  Yes I am biased in that I be leave that anyone that cheats in a online multiplayer game should be banned from all online multiplayer games. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Omega101 said:

~snip~

Real talk... are you high?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, PepeHands said:

People will cry about cheats

Yes.

 

Got any ideas how to make them not? If not, you're just wasting internet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2020 at 3:05 PM, CookiePuss said:

I'm not saying there are no cheaters, just that I personally haven't felt the need to report someone in months.

Why do so many of you SPCT people keep implying that there seems to be hardly any cheaters?

Almost every time I play a couple of hours, I report someone. Most of them disappear fairly soon(tm) thereafter and are never seen again (on that character).

 

Edited by Cr0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cr0 said:

Why do so many of you SPCT people keep implying that there seems to be hardly any cheaters?

Almost every time I play a couple of hours, I report someone. Most of them disappear fairly soon(tm) thereafter and are never seen again (on that character).

wow its almost like different people have different experiences playing the game

 

how wild is that???????

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Cr0 said:

Why do so many of you SPCT people keep implying that there doesn't seem to be hardly any cheaters?

 

I didnt imply anything. I simply stated my experience as a gold player from Jericho. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, 404 said:

wow its almost like different people have different experiences playing the game

how wild is that???????

They DO?... wooow. I didn't understand that! Thanks for educating me.

Did you know that when people have different views of things, they can discuss their difference of experience to learn stuff?

how wild is that???????

 

Edited by Cr0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2020 at 9:51 PM, SquirrelFace said:

People put more effort into the mission when they want to win.

There is a diff between putting in more effort and suddenly doing things that are fishy

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

There is a diff between putting in more effort and suddenly doing things that are fishy

Occasionally I see it, but most of the time the players underestimating their opp. Last cheater I saw was a fresh character trialing Armas weapons. Only saw them for one day.

 

20 hours ago, Cr0 said:

Why do so many of you SPCT people keep implying that there seems to be hardly any cheaters?

Almost every time I play a couple of hours, I report someone. Most of them disappear fairly soon(tm) thereafter and are never seen again (on that character).

 

Most SPCT members have thousands of hours in action districts. Some are from RTW times. They know how the game works and what's possible to do in game legitimately.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SquirrelFace said:

Most SPCT members have thousands of hours in action districts. Some are from RTW times.

So do I (since beta times though).

3 hours ago, SquirrelFace said:

They know how the game works and what's possible to do in game legitimately.

So do I.

 

I'm not proud of it and I'm certainly not boasting now, but I think I should explain: I also used many cheats years ago (and got correctly banned for those eventually). I made some of my own cheats and tools back then (not nowadays). I know what it's like on both sides, which gave me some insight what is being done legitimately as well as illegitimately as well as "grey area" stuff, and what it looks like from the inside and outside.  LO asked me if they could use a video I recorded where I describe and showcase how some external cheats are made (which I made) and what it looks like, as a small part of training some of their employees. In private, people some times like to ask for my opinion, advice etc for some of these things, but openly.... it's a different story.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2020 at 12:25 PM, Omega101 said:

lets start with basics, back in RTWCB because of the limited text cap on reports we started running the words describing the cheat together, thus:

 

fastwephandswapfirebot = The player uses a macro (bot) to fire the weapon then swaps hands and fires the weapon the swaps back to other hand and fires (repeat sequence).

 

Bobfirebot = The player again using a macro fires a weapon then crouches (bob as in a fishing lure) and fires the weapon then stands and fires (repeat). there is an alternate bot that only when the player stands.

 

funjumpfiregrabitemcarry= The player's macro grabs the item runs then fires (interrupted dropping the item) the jumps and grabs the item (repeat) this is how the player can carry even a heavy item at a non weighted pace usually faster that players that are not botting can run.

 

Superthrowgernade= The player uses a macro to throw their grenade farther than an actual grenade launcher can.

 

Kangaroorun= This macro allows players to replace their running speed with a jumping speed 2x faster.  This is seen all the time, when  you see the players bounding down the road almost as fast as a car, they are using a bot not a hack.

 

Kangaroojumpfire= The player uses a macro to jump 2 times the normal jump height  and fires the weapon.  When carrying an item this allows the player to place the item on top of an area that would be too high to jump to without the bot.

 

 

"Superthrowgernade" still works but its pointless as the nades radius is worse than perc nades. G1 implemented a counter to this type of hack, once the game sees the nade flying farther than 55m it will reduce the blast radius of said nade making it completely avoidable and therefore useless just like 8 balls and bricks.

 

"funjumpfiregrabitemcarry" they nerfed the algorhytim of this bot when used with heavy items although i am still able to use this hack with medium items and the method is still undetectible  as its a biological exploit. along with "Bobfirebot", its undetected as well.

 

There is one very undetected hack and its the "RightHandLeanWithNtecAccuracy" bot, this one has been working since 2011 and they still have not been able to detect players who are using this. but im affraid that the special spct unit will formulate a strategy to nullify the effects of this type of bot soon.

 

As for "Kangaroorun" and "KangarooJumpfire" g1 has seen that this hacks was too impossible to combat so they added the ATAC and also Ephineferims consumable so that one who isnt abusing this hack can have a makeshift way to reproduce the results and be able to defend themselves from this type of hack attack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2020 at 3:21 AM, Cr0 said:

Almost every time I play a couple of hours, I report someone.

I know this might sound wild and kind of crazy. I don't make a habit of getting involved with your kind, but... Just a thought here...

 

Maybe you're just bad.

1 hour ago, Cr0 said:

LO asked me if they could use a video I recorded where I describe and showcase how some external cheats are made (which I made) and what it looks like...

No, they didn't.

 

Like everything else you don't substantiate, sauce or no balls.

Edited by EvaPooh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2020 at 6:25 PM, Omega101 said:

Kangaroorun= This macro allows players to replace their running speed with a jumping speed 2x faster.  This is seen all the time, when  you see the players bounding down the road almost as fast as a car, they are using a bot not a hack.

This is not possible to do by macro. That's the most ridiculous claim I have ever heard. Have you ever actually played this game?

 

On 9/11/2020 at 6:25 PM, Omega101 said:

Superthrowgernade= The player uses a macro to throw their grenade farther than an actual grenade launcher can.

Physics are calculated server side. That is not possible to do.

 

On 9/11/2020 at 6:25 PM, Omega101 said:

fastwephandswapfirebot = The player uses a macro (bot) to fire the weapon then swaps hands and fires the weapon the swaps back to other hand and fires (repeat sequence).

 

Bobfirebot = The player again using a macro fires a weapon then crouches (bob as in a fishing lure) and fires the weapon then stands and fires (repeat). there is an alternate bot that only when the player stands.

 

funjumpfiregrabitemcarry= The player's macro grabs the item runs then fires (interrupted dropping the item) the jumps and grabs the item (repeat) this is how the player can carry even a heavy item at a non weighted pace usually faster that players that are not botting can run.

 

 

These are extremely easy to pull of manually. You learn this week 1 of picking up APB. Have you ever played shooters before?

I think a macro would be a hindrance if anything.

 

 

You come off as somebody who is very bad at the game, but at the same time you're trying to lecture people with thousands of hours.

Your lacking knowledge of how the game actually functions speaks volumes. Most of your posts are complete nonsense to the point where I think you are deliberately playing stupid in order to troll people. If not, then this whole reply is just... Sad.

Edited by rooq
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2020 at 6:25 PM, Omega101 said:

there are more than 30 of these

😮 can you send me the full list

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2020 at 6:57 AM, Cr0 said:

So do I (since beta times though).

So do I.

 

I'm not proud of it and I'm certainly not boasting now, but I think I should explain: I also used many cheats years ago (and got correctly banned for those eventually). I made some of my own cheats and tools back then (not nowadays). I know what it's like on both sides, which gave me some insight what is being done legitimately as well as illegitimately as well as "grey area" stuff, and what it looks like from the inside and outside.  LO asked me if they could use a video I recorded where I describe and showcase how some external cheats are made (which I made) and what it looks like, as a small part of training some of their employees. In private, people some times like to ask for my opinion, advice etc for some of these things, but openly.... it's a different story.

 

Were you still in the womb when you played beta?

 

In all seriousness though, I am surprised that there aren't more SPCT members who cry hacks. They are on the lower skill side of the game, and make really poor weapon balance decisions.

Edited by SquirrelFace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2020 at 11:36 AM, Omega101 said:

Botters, Not just the triggerbots or the Bobfirebots or the fasthandswapfirebots or even the fastcasewepswapbots you will see 70% of the time, the worst are the graprunjumpfiregrabcarryitembots.  The fact that this was a problem back in RTW closed beta, that still not been fixed is wrong. I do know it was on the list to be fixed by RTW, but as the company was dying it was put on the back burner. This is an easy fix, but RTW did not do it because they had digger issues like the jumpfire with the hvrs that was being debated.

 

 

 

this is the most based thing ive ever read on the internet, ever. graprunjumpfiregrabcarryitembots might single-handedly kill off APB Reloaded as we know it. If graprunjumpfiregrabcarryitembots weren't awful enough, we also gotta deal with those pesky good-for-nothing fastcasewepswapbots, who usually team up with their friends who use fasthandswapfirebots. the only way we can save APB is if we combine our triggerbots, Bobfirebots, & the almighty fasthandswapfirebots of our own if we're desperate enough.

Edited by claude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2020 at 5:51 AM, Motorola said:

"Superthrowgernade" still works but its pointless as the nades radius is worse than perc nades. G1 implemented a counter to this type of hack, once the game sees the nade flying farther than 55m it will reduce the blast radius of said nade making it completely avoidable and therefore useless just like 8 balls and bricks.

 

"funjumpfiregrabitemcarry" they nerfed the algorhytim of this bot when used with heavy items although i am still able to use this hack with medium items and the method is still undetectible  as its a biological exploit. along with "Bobfirebot", its undetected as well.

 

There is one very undetected hack and its the "RightHandLeanWithNtecAccuracy" bot, this one has been working since 2011 and they still have not been able to detect players who are using this. but im affraid that the special spct unit will formulate a strategy to nullify the effects of this type of bot soon.

 

As for "Kangaroorun" and "KangarooJumpfire" g1 has seen that this hacks was too impossible to combat so they added the ATAC and also Ephineferims consumable so that one who isnt abusing this hack can have a makeshift way to reproduce the results and be able to defend themselves from this type of hack attack.

One thing, these are bit hacks, They are bots.  People  seem not to understand that while all are supposed to be banned as they are cheats the player is not hacking.

 

Banned acts listed in EULA

hacks: modifying the game files: Most used on is in walling.

bots: The use of a macro or anything that mimics a macro

exploits: This is defined as doing something that gives an advantage by using or bypassing the game system.  The main examples are ghosting   an grouping with a cheater. 

Griefing: This is similar to ghosting  excerpt the greifer is not doing it to help ether side.  for example, when you see players in a dump truck, and not  on a mission and are grey, and they are pinning you during an opposed mission that is griefing. Originally RTW was going to make it  so that if a player in a dump truck  hit a player (in a mission) 4 times they would go 5 star and be target able. 

Racial, sexual or cultural items/voip: Using any image or text/voip that is offensive or demeaning is banned.  

Glitching items:  This is not seen as much anymore because a lot of the areas are fixed and walled(or clipped)  of but there are still some places where you can place an object above normal reach or if placed in  vehicles that are blown up, the item will drop inside the clipped area and  can not be retrieved. 

 

the problem is that 90% of the player base thinks that only hacks are banned and that the only banned cheats are hacks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2020 at 6:57 AM, rooq said:

This is not possible to do by macro. That's the most ridiculous claim I have ever heard. Have you ever actually played this game?

would you like to see a video if this?

Quote

 

Physics are calculated server side. That is not possible to do.

while the physics are done in server it is based on the input  from the client.    Google APB undetectable hacks (they are calling bots hacks) and  let the examples  they author provides  as well as his explanations of how it is achieved explain what can be done client side.

Quote

 

These are extremely easy to pull of manually. You learn this week 1 of picking up APB. Have you ever played shooters before?

I think a macro would be a hindrance if anything.

Yes you can pick it up day one actually, but remember that botting = the use of a macro/any thing that mimics a macro is banned.  So id you repeat a pattern say bobfire manually you are in  fact emulating a macro = ban. The games rules, not mine. (its in the eula)

Quote

 

 

You come off as somebody who is very bad at the game, but at the same time you're trying to lecture people with thousands of hours.

Your lacking knowledge of how the game actually functions speaks volumes. Most of your posts are complete nonsense to the point where I think you are deliberately playing stupid in order to troll people. If not, then this whole reply is just... Sad.

Funny you say that as normally I am the best player in the match, if not I am typically in the top 4.  Not for kills, but because I do the OBJs.

 

As far as shooters, My first shooter was Doom 2d/wolfinstine 3d. I bought them both at the same time, ID had a special.  Actually I have an ongoing argument with MMORPG players that claim they  want PVP. Mine is that if they actually want PVP they should play APB/BF/COD or even apex.

 

I invite you to watch/join me in APB then judge.  Actually in game I do have a challenge that after 5 games if you have a higher score that me as an ally or won 3 out of the 5 games as an enemy I promise to never say a word again.  Of course that also means no cheats of any type.  The invitation is open.

Edited by Omega101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Omega101 said:

Yes you can pick it up day one actually, but remember that botting = the use of a macro/any thing that mimics a macro is banned.  So id you repeat a pattern say bobfire manually you are in  fact emulating a macro = ban. The games rules, not mine. (its in the eula)

this is the dumbest, most vague determination of cheating ive ever seen

 

by this definition literally everything is bannable because any player input can be recreated with a macro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 404 said:

this is the dumbest, most vague determination of cheating ive ever seen

 

by this definition literally everything is bannable because any player input can be recreated with a macro

I did not make the rule a GM did, and no there is a difference between a player pressing buttons and bot , Timing. 

A bot will have the exact time between presses, a human will naturally vary the timing, because they are also doing other actions such as moving, dodging, looking around.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Omega101 said:

no there is a difference between a player pressing buttons and bot , Timing. 

A bot will have the exact time between presses, a human will naturally vary the timing, because they are also doing other actions such as moving, dodging, looking around.  

3 hours ago, Omega101 said:

So id you repeat a pattern say bobfire manually you are in  fact emulating a macro = ban. The games rules, not mine. (its in the eula)

that's not what you said right here

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This debate can go on forever but the fact stands that cheaters still run rampant in APB and since the swap back there has been an increase in the number of them (blatents and closets) If cheaters were under control then we wouldnt be discussing this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

This debate can go on forever but the fact stands that cheaters still run rampant in APB and since the swap back there has been an increase in the number of them (blatents and closets) If cheaters were under control then we wouldnt be discussing this.

Maybe, just maybe, you are wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this is our SPCT attitude to the reality in apb its a joke and embarrassing..

 

Maybe, just maybe, you dont know what cheat is in this game

 

 

 

 

EU SPCT no hacks only skill gap

Edited by StraaZi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...