MattScott

Dev Update for July 2020

On 10/19/2020 at 9:25 PM, Jacksporrow9 said:

yea i remember that day back when it was pay to play but before that be a beta tester that feels just like it was yesterday. 

i'm so use to playing this that i still click the icon on my desk to play it. and still upsets me when it tells me it can conntect to servers. my brain can't seem to fingure out i can't play this becuase 6 years of doing it almost daily

• Like 1

Hi guys,

I'm a returning FE fan after many years (haven't played since <2015 maybe?). I didn't even realise the servers were shutdown last year, sadly. But the fact that Little Orbit is trying to resurrect the game was very uplifting! 🙂

I know this has probably been asked 1000 times, but is there any light at the end of the tunnel...? i.e. a ballpark release date of any kind.

Also, given all the technical challenges listed by the devs just in this post, it begs the question: why didn't they just start with the full original client-server code & roll out the game 'as is', along with the player database? What am I missing? Did LO not have full access to the source code, and is this a fan re-write in effect, to some/any extent?

Thanks all!

Bit late thanking you for the update.

I was wondering what was going on with Fallen Earth, nice day off like today so I wanted to go find out.

The original FE v1.0 did a lot with a little. You still have a small but dedicated fan base. 

So excited for the reboot....   I already have half a dozen friends that want to sign up when its on-lined.  Thank you new devs for all your hard work and dedication to this project and merry Christmas from Canada

Well, "certain things done" is a matter of time in general, and not seasonal, hence the chance of us seeing some "2021 New Year Update" or something, depends if the team was lucky nuff to finish all the rest, like other projects, and hassle with this one, without any hiccups, like lvls geo or reflections(if my memory serves me right) goin left and right.

Then again, most teams would be goin, or already have, on winter holidays for some time, specially in the eu/western world.

Hence, lets hope for the best I guess, its such a time of a year after all)

well it's now 2021, taking bets which month has another update lol 

we miss you Fallen Earth ...

i'll say Feb

theres a SHORT FILM called "the gunfighter" on youtube been out a few years now ,but if you havent seen it then its worth watching.......reminds me of some pvp fights on Fe