Jump to content
unknownuser158

A message for the Devs: How APB can be improved

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

For a long time now i keep getting put with people who have better guns than me, sometimes i don't even bother with the mission and i just don't do it. Can you please fix the matchmaking so its more fair and can you also add an option to quit a mission because there is still not an option for this, if i want to quit i would have to close the game and i don't want to do that i would just like to quit.

 

 

Just another small thing as well: this has nothing to do with the current matchmaking problem but i would like you to add some more vehicles to the game on the PS4 version such as 4 door sedans and cars that are based on real life cars like Mitsubishi, Audi, Mclaren, Subaru, Chevrolet Lamborghini, Gallardo, Adventador,  Lykan Hypersport, and Trion Nemesis (my profile picture car) and many more real life car brands.

 

Currently the game has some good cars but i definitely think more should be added not just 1. All the cars in the game are based on real life cars so you could continue making remodelled versions of real life cars. In addition to this please don't make them G1C only make them purchasable with in-game $dollars not just G1C, i think there's enough G1C things already and i personally don't want to spend real money on G1C items such as cars or clothes.

 

You could also add some armoured versions of cars as well like an armoured Han Veo with window panels and roof panels and more spoiler options. 

 

 

 

Vehicles you could remodel and add to APB

 

bMFEel2.jpg

 

Mitsubishi Evo X 

 

 

2015-subaru-wrx_100453027_h.jpg

 

(2015) Subaru WRX STI 

 

 

McLaren-P1-5th-anniversary-front-three-q

 

Mclaren P1

 

 

And many more like, Nissan cars, 4 dr Sedans, Pickup Trucks, and other popular American and Japanese cars.

 

 

I think a lot more good cars could be added to APB so i think you should also focus on adding some more cars as well as improving and fixing the game. Its strange that this game doesn't have helicopters , jets or even water vehicles like jet skis consdiering this game has the similarities with GTA, the theme is about crime so you could expand more on the range of vehicles to choose from.

 

What i think you should do is make san paro on one map, have a bit of city and a bit of country, this game doesn;t have any lakes or mountains or any countryside areas it only has the city but i think this could lead to APB being more popular and successful.

 

latest?cb=20150109214725

 

This is GTA 5's  map but im using it for the purpose of explaining what i mean, APB should have had one big map of San Paro instead of 2 different districts this way it would have made the world feel more lively because everyone would load into the same world. I can confirm the financial district in APB is more lively and has more people then the waterfront district so what i think you should do is make one big map and call it San Paro. You could expand on the financial districts map and add countryside's to it and mountain roads, lakes, places of interests, small world events in free roam and shops that we can enter to buy clothes or guns or cars.

 

 

The shape of APB's San Paro map doesn't have to look like GTA 5's map, i was only using GTA5 as an example. You could expand more on the financial distract and add offroad areas, mountains and countryside while still having a good amount of city like GTA 5's map. In my opinion the financial district should definitely be used if you make the map bigger. You should also rename the financial district San Paro.

 

 

The reason why i included country roads and mountains is so that the player isn't restricted to the city and has the freedom to explore the open-world and the landscapes. Sometimes when missions aren't enjoyable it would be nice just to drive around on a bigger map with a bit of city and countryside instead of a city all the time

 

 

I am happy that this game is still being supported but i do think you could add some things to it to make it more engaging for players. The social district is the only place you can change the characters clothes or buy vehicles so i think in the future you should add clothes shops in the map so that the player can walk into the shop and buy clothes so that they don't have to go to the social district every time they want to change clothes. Additionally it would be better if you added vehicle shops in the map where the player can walk in and order vehicles that are sent to their location instead of being limited to buying them from the social district. 

 

Icons on the map could appear like this:

 

240_F_171132449_uK0OO5XHrjjaqx5JUbJOIoCC

 

 

Clothing shop icons could appear like this:

 

 

240_F_350944417_Ky9yvc58rnInZk4QMl6msUpt

 

 

 

Just one last thing, at some point i do think you should add the things I've mentioned including new cars but what i think you should add as well is apartments' and houses that players can buy, this game does a good job on emphasising the need to have money in order to buy things so it would feel rewarding saving money to buy a house. 

 

 

The most important thing i would like you to take away from this thread is that San Paro could be made so that its one map with different areas in it, including offroad areas, mountains and countryside. Im not sure if San Paro is based on San Francisco but you could expand on this and create a more lively city, i do feel the city can be quite quite and lonely sometimes.

i would just like to state again that if San Paro was one map with a bit of city and a good amount of countryide/mountains i do think exploring the map would become a popular thing in APB, just generally driving around and exploring the map, APB doesn't have big maps and i could see this game becoming more popular if you made one big map with more to do.

 

The Map could include 

 

Small free roam events  (Find a joker mystery box) another could be (Drive the furthest distance without braking) you can add other ones as well these are a few i made up

Places of interest  

Small jobs for contacts when off mission

Joker ticket challenges (kill someone who has a bounty on them to win joker tickets or kill someone in a vehicle to win joker tickets)

 

 

I also think you should do a little rework of the vehicles so that they actually have stats. you could also add upgrades such as Engine level (1,2,3,4) Transmission levels (1,2,3,4) Brake level (1,2,3,4) Tyre traction level (1,2,3,4) , Turbo level (1,2,3,4) Turbos could include, Single, Twin Turbo, Supercharger. 

 

Upgrades would also need to be baught with in-game money.

 

 

Making vehicles have stats makes them more relevant and allows the player to understand the importance of having a vehicle that is good both in performance and in driving.

 

 

Thanks for listening.

Edited by unknownuser158
  • Haha 2
  • Dislike 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, but actually no.

Stuff like this requires a LOT of work, which gives them nothing in return. Especially maps, the game has no playerbase for that. You can't spread the remaining players further apart.

 

The only thing that would work from your list would be cars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hey Devs, you could make APB better by just making it better. Y'know. Just like that. Why didn't you think of that? Are you stupid or something?

 

EDIT: Dude seriously, you must have some notion of the technical difficulty that'd be involved in making the existing APB districts into one map, before you add anything else to it? Also your post is very car orientated. Should you perhaps be playing Forza Horizon instead?

Edited by MrChan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

one of the stuff LO should implement is:

 

- If you are in a group and attacking, and you face premade group, in the next mission you SHOULD DEFEND (if you face the same enemies). I'm tired of people waiting for defend missions, honestly....

 

80-90% of the missions I play in the day are attacking and usually facing the same enemies over and over.

 

In the future (with the new engine) i would like to see more "known" streamers but I know they will be stream sniped. Imagine a streamer doing attack missions over and over.

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Uhtdred
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

woah it’s been a while since someone posted such ridiculous requests as if it’s just a matter of pushing an “add this” button

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another topic with important things that apb needs right now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sooo... Basically just turn it into a bootleg GTAV?  No thanks.  Instead of adding 30 new cars, how about just adding a couple of kits for the Growl and Veo?  That Mitsubishi and Subaru look pretty much like the Coywolf and the Growl could easily be twisted into a Mclaren or some other super car.  I don't want APB to be looked at as a game that is blatantly ripping off GTAV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread has been moved to the Game Suggestions section of our forums.

 

~@mayii

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I've read through the long list of requests that are in your initial post, so I will break it down to you, why most of this wouldn't work, since I have a bit of experience with how development teams work in different environments.

 

On 6/17/2020 at 3:18 PM, unknownuser158 said:

For a long time now i keep getting put with people who have better guns than me, sometimes i don't even bother with the mission and i just don't do it. Can you please fix the matchmaking so its more fair and can you also add an option to quit a mission because there is still not an option for this, if i want to quit i would have to close the game and i don't want to do that i would just like to quit.

Matchmaking has been a long time issue, it is partly due to lack of players to make matchmaking all the more diverse, currently the only fix for this seems to be the engine update that should allow for the dev team to implement more server-side features and upgrades later down the line.

On another note, the option to quit the missions with enemies in the match has been removed for the exact reason, that too many people kept leaving the matches, often resulting in a very imbalanced, one-sided match. You can abandon missions where you have no oppoisition by simply typing into the chat field /abandonmission, but once opposition arrives, this option no longer works, it is to keep players in a game and give everyone a fair chance of game.

Plus you can get a free perma N-TEC by completing the tutorials, and that is a jack-of-all-trades weapon, I used that for most of the time and I kept killing players who had JMB legendaries, Nanos, etc... Every weapon has its own advantage and disadvantage.

 

On 6/17/2020 at 3:18 PM, unknownuser158 said:

Just another small thing as well: this has nothing to do with the current matchmaking problem but i would like you to add some more vehicles to the game on the PS4 version such as 4 door sedans and cars that are based on real life cars like Mitsubishi, Audi, Mclaren, Subaru, Chevrolet Lamborghini, Gallardo, Adventador,  Lykan Hypersport, and Trion Nemesis (my profile picture car) and many more real life car brands.

Modeling a car from reference or not takes a very long time for it to be good quality at least, not to mention the body kits that would come with it, then all the wheel colliders, box colliders and rigidbody parameters would have to be individually set up and adjusted/tested to meet realistic expectations. Pulling away resources from more important tasks at hand for making new cars would be a bad business decision overall, QoL updates are usually higher up in the priority list to extend the game's lifespan.
 

On 6/17/2020 at 3:18 PM, unknownuser158 said:

In addition to this please don't make them G1C only make them purchasable with in-game $dollars not just G1C, i think there's enough G1C things already and i personally don't want to spend real money on G1C items such as cars or clothes.

I'm sorry but you are essentially asking the dev team to work on all this and release it for FREE when the game is FREE to play. You are effectively removing their salary and bonus from the time they put in to make all this available. As a consumer you must understand that financial support from the community for a free to play game is their main source of revenue, along sponsoring and other smaller revenue that altogether would not make up for their equivalent expenses rate.
 

 

On 6/17/2020 at 3:18 PM, unknownuser158 said:

I think a lot more good cars could be added to APB so i think you should also focus on adding some more cars as well as improving and fixing the game. Its strange that this game doesn't have helicopters , jets or even water vehicles like jet skis consdiering this game has the similarities with GTA, the theme is about crime so you could expand more on the range of vehicles to choose from.

The reason for this is that control mechanics for flying or swimming were never implemented to begin with. The controls (fundamentals of a game) are always worked out during prototyping stages, early development. For this too happen, there would have to be a major overhaul in the game's core mechanics, new controller scripts would have to be developed, as well as major overhaul on maps of water colliders, some water simulation, air drag and different gravity effects on rigidbodies for flying objects, these are all potentially hundreds of hours of work for a small team.

Plus a major overhaul usually means public testing and with an old engine and spaghetti code, that this game was initally founded on, this will result in an infinite list of bugs, adding more hours to get the work done. Again it would be a waste of resources at this point.
 

 

On 6/17/2020 at 3:18 PM, unknownuser158 said:

What i think you should do is make san paro on one map, have a bit of city and a bit of country, this game doesn;t have any lakes or mountains or any countryside areas it only has the city but i think this could lead to APB being more popular and successful.

Ok so to make this one short, imagine instead asking for a handful of cars, you are now asking for 30 000 thousand new unqiue cars to be modeled and implemented. Level design is by far the most difficult aspect of game development, it takes an immense amount of time to create maps even if it comes to extensions with a more rural terrain.

 

On 6/17/2020 at 3:18 PM, unknownuser158 said:

The reason why i included country roads and mountains is so that the player isn't restricted to the city and has the freedom to explore the open-world and the landscapes. Sometimes when missions aren't enjoyable it would be nice just to drive around on a bigger map with a bit of city and countryside instead of a city all the time

It is not the focus of this game though. This is a cops vs. crooks shooter game with driveable cars and a state-of-the-art customization option. The literal point of this game is to look cool while bringing criminals to justice or causing chaos. This was emphasized in all the trailers at the time of release, re-release.
 

On 6/17/2020 at 3:18 PM, unknownuser158 said:

I am happy that this game is still being supported but i do think you could add some things to it to make it more engaging for players. The social district is the only place you can change the characters clothes or buy vehicles so i think in the future you should add clothes shops in the map so that the player can walk into the shop and buy clothes so that they don't have to go to the social district every time they want to change clothes. Additionally it would be better if you added vehicle shops in the map where the player can walk in and order vehicles that are sent to their location instead of being limited to buying them from the social district. 

Hence why it is called social district. If you have moved prefabs of customization kiosks into tattoo parlors, clothes shops, car shops, etc... the action instances that are meant for PvP battle would be filled with AFK or idling players who would unnecessarily bloat the instances resulting in longer matchmaking queues, less action, because an action district can only handle 80 players at a time. Why, do you ask? Because there is a lot more going on in action districts, gun-shots, windows breaking, explosions and so on, all of this the server needs to compile and run quickly to make sure the latency stays low.

 

On 6/17/2020 at 3:18 PM, unknownuser158 said:

Just one last thing, at some point i do think you should add the things I've mentioned including new cars but what i think you should add as well is apartments' and houses that players can buy, this game does a good job on emphasising the need to have money in order to buy things so it would feel rewarding saving money to buy a house. 

This isn't a bad idea tho, I would say this is so far the only credible idea I would actually be happy to see in the game. Design some interiors that players can buy, your equipped graffiti shows up on a feature wall in your house and you can invite up to 7 players into your house for a party. These would be invite-only instances separate from social and action districts and it wouldn't show up in the instance selection screen. You get an invite through the mail kiosk where you can accept it and it will automatically put you into that invited private instance. Players can access their apartment from basically the district quick join tab.
 

 

On 6/17/2020 at 3:18 PM, unknownuser158 said:

Small free roam events  (Find a joker mystery box) another could be (Drive the furthest distance without braking) you can add other ones as well these are a few i made up

Places of interest  

Small jobs for contacts when off mission

Joker ticket challenges (kill someone who has a bounty on them to win joker tickets or kill someone in a vehicle to win joker tickets)

1. Joker mystery boxes aren't free, the economy of the game would start declining rapidly. Other options would need trackers and given how control scripts work in the game, that might not even be possible at the moment.
2. There are places of interests already. Mostly the statues you can see placed all around the districts.
3. If you mean PvE jobs, no one would bother with the PvP aspect, further diminishing the matchmaking that is currently there.
4. We already had those, not sure why they were removed.

 

On 6/17/2020 at 3:18 PM, unknownuser158 said:

I also think you should do a little rework of the vehicles so that they actually have stats. you could also add upgrades such as Engine level (1,2,3,4) Transmission levels (1,2,3,4) Brake level (1,2,3,4) Tyre traction level (1,2,3,4) , Turbo level (1,2,3,4) Turbos could include, Single, Twin Turbo, Supercharger. 

Again, this will require overhaul in the core controls for cars that would take a long time and would be very difficult, plus the bugfixes might require even more work afterwards.

CONCLUSION/TL;DR: I'm not saying that these are bad suggestions, all suggestions are in some way good, but they just cannot be executed in the foreseeable future, for the fact that the foundation of this game (the engine it's built in and the code) is proprietary, making changes to the core mechanics extremely difficult, they were not designed to be expandable, modular or plug and play. The only way most or all of these changes could be made is if the company decided to make a sequel to this game and build it anew entirely from scratch in a new engine (probs Unreal 4) with better optimized, more modular code.

But this is probably not gonna happen, or at least I don't think so, because LO might not have the resources to start developing an entirely new game.

Edited by I-Reaper-I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...