Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, yood said:

the X7 mouse has a button with a preset macro . other mice don't have it . how do you think it is natural to use it? I think not .

 

changing the DPI with each type of weapon will give you a Mega advantage . compared to other players . is it legal ? I think not .

 

each keyboard and mouse has a preset click time . is it possible to reduce the time of clicking ? YES. is it legal to do this ? I think not .

 

the only change that I think is possible is to reassign the buttons without changing the speed of pressing .

 

in the game, we compete with you in experience and skills, not in technical advantages .

Sensitivity can be changed in game so please stop with that. Not anyone's problem but your own. 

 

Keyboard and mouses are all different and have different click responses and pressure releases. 

Sounds like you want everyone the same thing? Esports doesn't even do this

Edited by Valkyrja-
Add
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Valkyrja- said:

Sensitivity can be changed in game so please stop with that. Not anyone's problem but your own.

 

Keyboard and mouses are all different and have different click responses and pressure releases.

Sounds like you want everyone the same thing? Esports doesn't even do this  

this is your personal opinion . the responsibility lies with the user . the system has the right to remove you or leave you in the game . I can only feel sorry for you after the ban .

Edited by yood
  • Dislike 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, yood said:

this is your personal opinion . the responsibility lies with the user . the system has the right to remove you or leave you in the game . I can only feel sorry for you after the ban .

OK... You also stated your personal opinion also. So everyone should use the same sensitivity? Same mouse? Same keyboard? Sorry that's not happening anywhere on any level. Nobody is the same. Also sensitivity can be changed in game through the UI(thats a fact 😉😉

Edited by Valkyrja-
Edit
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2020 at 8:33 PM, Darkzero3802 said:

Matt. APB has had a SERIOUS scripting, macro, bot problem well before LO took over the game and its never been resolved to this day. There is a hardline community of people in APB who feel using these makes them good and that ruining gameplay for others isnt a problem. Asking these people to play fair is like asking a brick wall to move, its just not going to happen.

 

Another problem is having the option to change the fire button, many people change it to the scroll wheel so tap fire guns can be fired easier and they dont need to click the mouse button over and over. This makes the gun fire faster then what many can achieve by clicking the mouse button over and over and it makes an unfair advantage for those who dont use it, and can at times be a false positive for a macro. An easy fix for this is making the fire button locked as left click. This makes a level playing field for everyone as most new players dont know about this as well as moves a false positive element and will make spotting cheaters easier for players and staff. This can be done now without needing the engine upgrade.

What if you're left-handed..?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2020 at 12:00 PM, Flaws said:

Whatever it takes to clean out the little remaining trash that manages to circumvent EAC and closet cheat, I'm on board.

whats with the self loathing my guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Valkyrja- said:

OK... You also stated your personal opinion also. So everyone should use the same sensitivity? Same mouse? Same keyboard? Sorry that's not happening anywhere on any level. Nobody is the same. Also sensitivity can be changed in game through the UI(thats a fact 😉😉)

in the game, we compete with you in experience and skills, not in technical advantages . 

 

shooting by scrolling the mouse wheel is also a technical progress but if I'm not mistaken for them the system gave a ban.for writing the command line actions: raise pass throw . the system gave a ban

 

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why not use BattleEye and EAC like Fortnite and other really well protected games do? So it starts randomly with one of both. Making potential cheating extremly hard.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, striker891 said:

Why not use BattleEye and EAC like Fortnite and other really well protected games do? So it starts randomly with one of both. Making potential cheating extremly hard.

I dunno, I think Apb has a bit less revenue than one of the most successful game of the decade so that might be a factor. But, maybe if BE ends up being un-satisfactory that would be something they could consider.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, yood said:

in the game, we compete with you in experience and skills, not in technical advantages . 

 

shooting by scrolling the mouse wheel is also a technical progress but if I'm not mistaken for them the system gave a ban.for writing the command line actions: raise pass throw . the system gave a ban

 

 

Huh? I didn't say anything about scroll wheel or anything of that sort. I was saying that you make it sound like everyone should use the same devices and same sensitivity. Scroll wheel is terrible to shoot with just doesn't make sense to use imo. In that opinion you can't make lmb stay lmb. What happens if people have a disability or missing fingers etc and have to play with different buttons? I use my mb5 to shoot with because of limitations. So since I use that instead of lmb am I at a technical advantage? It's hard for me to use the lmb. If someone needs the scroll wheel to shoot? What happens then?

 

Also I didn't want to bring up scroll wheel etc but you opened that can of worms. I also have no idea if they ban for it

 

Edited by Valkyrja-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2020 at 4:54 AM, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

i was also banned with EAC and was not using an aimbot, esp, wallhack or triggerbot. I was using macro and playclaw overlay for crosshair.

since then i removed all keyboard and mouse software and replaced my mouse and keyboard and i dont use any type of overlay. I was not aware that they would ban for macros but they did in 1 of the early eac waves as a couple people i know also were banned for macroing obeya/fbw. others using the bloody mouse hardware macros werent though

deserved 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Valkyrja- said:

Huh? I didn't say anything about scroll wheel or anything of that sort. I was saying that you make it sound like everyone should use the same devices and same sensitivity. Scroll wheel is terrible to shoot with just doesn't make sense to use imo. In that opinion you can't make lmb stay lmb. What happens if people have a disability or missing fingers etc and have to play with different buttons? I use my mb5 to shoot with because of limitations. So since I use that instead of lmb am I at a technical advantage? It's hard for me to use the lmb. If someone needs the scroll wheel to shoot? What happens then?

 

Also I didn't want to bring up scroll wheel etc but you opened that can of worms. I also have no idea if they ban for it

 

personal shredders : I'm colorblind I can't see the bloom ,  adventure launcher : I have a weak laptop and can't play . with all the problems listed with you, why would you switch Dpi with each type of weapon ?

I may try to find information about prohibiting the use of Dpi switches as unsportsmanlike behavior later . that read those and share .

Edited by yood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2020 at 7:32 PM, striker891 said:

Why not use BattleEye and EAC like Fortnite and other really well protected games do? So it starts randomly with one of both. Making potential cheating extremly hard.

Good idea but then they must ban Cheater. And i dont see they want people who cheating are SCPT that says all. And people Cheating for weeks with high rank accounts in twitch. 

Ban the cheating fucks or my break will be longer.

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/16/2020 at 5:41 PM, Eviltara said:

Good idea but then they must ban Cheater. And i dont see they want people who cheating are SPCT that says all. And people Cheating for weeks with high rank accounts in twitch. 

Ban the cheating fucks or my break will be longer.

I think I can read broken english. Translation:

"Good idea but then they must ban the cheaters. And I don't see why would they want people who are cheating and are SPCT at the same time, that says it all. People cheating for weeks with high rank accounts and streaming it on twitch. Ban the cheating fks or my break from the game will be longer"

 

She/He is saying that some SPCT and twitch streamers are hacking and nobody bans them. I can't really deny the logic since lots of people were denouncing this at some point. Maybe some were hackers, maybe they no longer hack, i don't know,  but they shouldn't be anything important if they were, let alone if they still are cheating. I guess the ones denouncing this just left the game for dead and went away like Eviltara here. With every day that passes I also feel like doing the same after seeing all that.

Edited by Musul Man
  • Dislike 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, yood said:

personal shredders : I'm colorblind I can't see the bloom ,  adventure launcher : I have a weak laptop and can't play . with all the problems listed with you, why would you switch Dpi with each type of weapon ?

I may try to find information about prohibiting the use of Dpi switches as unsportsmanlike behavior later . that read those and share .

Personal shaders are allowed until EU. Same with Advanced launcher so that's not even a thing we should talk about. 

 

Dpi aka sensitivity(pretty much) 

Carbine should have a more moderate speed, shotgun should be slower, sniper faster, AR low-medium. You can make the case all day about those. Also pros(esports etc) change their sensitivity all the time in csgo, over watch etc depending on what they play. It literally makes no sense to ban for change in sensitivity. IT'S IN THE UI. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How in the bloody fuck is a DPI Switch considered cheating???

Jesus christ I have no hope for this community

 

Merged.

 

On 6/16/2020 at 10:41 PM, Eviltara said:

Good idea but then they must ban Cheater. And i dont see they want people who cheating are SCPT that says all. And people Cheating for weeks with high rank accounts in twitch. 

Ban the cheating fucks or my break will be longer.

Yeah its pretty hilarious how these kids stream their cheats but w/e, Ive got a shit load of footage if BE isnt gonna do anything soon 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Katryoshka said:

How in the bloody fuck is a DPI Switch considered cheating???

Jesus christ I have no hope for this community

yood does not speak English so I  believe there is a translation error happening

  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2020 at 3:41 PM, Eviltara said:

they want people who cheating are SCPT that says all

Why is everyone picking on us lately?
Buncha bullies.

  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/17/2020 at 1:58 AM, yood said:

personal shredders : I'm colorblind I can't see the bloom ,  adventure launcher : I have a weak laptop and can't play . with all the problems listed with you, why would you switch Dpi with each type of weapon ?

I may try to find information about prohibiting the use of Dpi switches as unsportsmanlike behavior later . that read those and share .

most of the bad mice have a sniper button which sets to lowers your dpi sensitivity for precision aim if hold, not consider a cheat, you still have to move the mouse to aim.

 

Why would you switch dpi with each type of weapon? all mice have dpi switch but good players rarely switch their dpi and have it disable, those who do are usually have a bad habit and don't know what sensitivity to use either high or low depending on the weapon they use. 

 

example they are probably comfortable with sniping with low sensitivity, but when they switch to ntec they need a high sensitivity to track, with mice dpi switch they can do it on the go instead of just going to options and changing sensitivity in mid game.  

 

 

Edited by Deadliest
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Deadliest said:

most of the bad mice have a sniper button which sets to lowers your dpi sensitivity for precision aim if hold, not consider a cheat, you still have to move the mouse to aim.

 

Why would you switch dpi with each type of weapon? all mice have dpi switch but good players rarely switch their dpi and have it disable, those who do are usually have a bad habit and don't know what sensitivity to use either high or low depending on the weapon they use. 

 

example they are probably comfortable with sniping with low sensitivity, but when they switch to ntec they need a high sensitivity to track, with mice dpi switch they can do it on the go instead of just going to options and changing sensitivity in mid game.  

 

 

Yeah exactly this. I change sensitivity because I like it. It's not a bad habit. Just I have done it in every game. Learned from a couple esports csgo players. I followed their habit LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Valkyrja- said:

Yeah exactly this. I change sensitivity because I like it. It's not a bad habit. Just I have done it in every game. Learned from a couple esports csgo players. I followed their habit LOL

what works for you 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I miss old cheaters. Brainless shawcoppters and a speed runners. However trash they were at least they were trolling the shit out of everyone and themselves not like people these days hiding their cheats to boost the ego. 

 

I think it's stupid to use something that didn't work in the past. So I assume it's the money issue. 

  • Confused 1
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If ONLY this was an update, but its clear as day that its an downgrade, so bug off, incompetent at best.

  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Were there problems in the past with this anti cheat ? yes.

Was it patched so it doesn't happen on APB since then ? No one said from the  Little Orbit staff or the community so I don't know.

Shouldn't that be answered first before any judgement is cast ?

 

Would i be surprised if Little Orbit declined to answer to catch cheaters with their pants down ?

Oh hell id laugh at that and throw a party so they do not need to answer if that is the game plan.

I mean they did feign ignorance before and catch people so..... hmm i wonder

  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

I mean they did feign ignorance before and catch people so..... hmm i wonder

When did they feign ignorance and catch people? What I have seen so far is a perpetuation of the "no name and shame" tactic from G1 (also they are keeping the name G1, why??? super strange) coupled with the announcement of that the anticheat is on manual mode. This is telling me right out the bat that they are not planning on banning anyone unless the guy is very blatant about it I guess. Also I'm beginning to think that FairFight didn't falsely ban people. Perhaps those people were using macros and or triggerbots and considered those as "normal", some because they had them in their mouse or keyboard hardware. But a macro or triggerbot is a cheat, because a cheat is a cheat. Also a crosshair overlay is a cheat, what if a gun or action doesn't show a crosshair on purpose for balance issues? A cheat is a cheat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2020 at 5:00 AM, MattScott said:

Hi all,

 

We're going to be making a change to the anti-cheat soon, and I want to walk the community through it instead of brushing it under the rug.

 

I'll start with why we are no longer sticking with Easy Anti-Cheat.

 

When we negotiated the deal with Kamu (Epic Games), the service was supposed to be client and server side. The critical reason for moving was their management tools and the server side piece which we didn't get with BattlEye. However, we also agreed to pay more to get that. The client side integration was fairly smooth, but the server side integration hit immediate snags. We spent months trying different configurations with the networks to get them talking properly, and when that didn't work, both sides dedicated programming support to fix the issues. When it still didn't work, we started exploring other ways to possibly fix it, but Kamu said based on our concurrency we wouldn't like get good results anyway. More recently I was finally contacted by their head of development with the news that they could no longer justify the resources to finish the server side integration. So then we attempted to work out a reduction in pricing. But we couldn't come to a compromise, so we have mutually decided to end the agreement. 

 

Clearly, we will need to keep evaluating server side solutions or build our own, because I have yet to see one that works well enough.

 

During my discussions with various providers, I also went back to BattlEye. Their solution has had some nice improvements since we left, so we're going to give that a try again.

 

Next I want to talk about the current cheating issues in APB.

 

While we do have some private cheats for EAC floating around, I will say that is still in the low single digit percentages for our entire population. However, we do have a problem right now with scripted triggerbots and aimbots. These are an entirely different category of cheat, because they are typically built with the hot key/mouse scripting systems. They are easy to spot, but they are easy to false positive. There are many legitimate uses for scripting systems, and players don't often realize they are enabled by default when they enter the game. 

 

With all of that in mind, once we switch to BattlEye we are going to start taking measures against the systems that these cheats are written in. This may be a little bumpy, and I guarantee some players will not read the forums and find themselves very frustrated. But I am taking this step to let all of you to know in advance, that you need to disable your macros and hot key / mouse scripting systems.

 

Anti-cheat will always a work in progress.

We will continue to iterate on this.

We need a level playing field for players to have fun.

 

Thanks,

Matt

Yesterday I was playin in Fight Club and ,damn that was a really nice gaming experience ,I could see /feel how they lost their triggerbots and suddenly their aim is garbage.

Thanks Matt,

please go on an use BE for Banning/Kicking Cheaters especially Triggerbotters and macro users ,I know BE can do the job.

It feels great to see how the cheater community is crying about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...