Jump to content
Resine

Why can't we have accurate weapons?

Recommended Posts

When RNG is against me, I complain about it.

When it's in my favour, I accept it.

ūüėŹ

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ReaperTheButcher said:

FBW or anything that is not a rifle of any sort shouldnt be pinpoint accurate since this is the unique nature of the game, there are no head shots of any sort in this game that require weapons to be pinpoint

I can think of a number of reasons as to why having pinpoint accurate guns would be good for the game. You don't need headshots to benefit from it.

Can you give me any actual reasons against? What is "unique nature of the game" even supposed to mean? Unique doesn't always equal good.

 

Also rifles aren't even that accurate as well.

Edited by Uke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Havent read the whole thread.

There are ppl who are able to land almost every shot, and there are people complaining about too much RNG. U just gotta find that sweet spot where to aim. If you spray and pray - thats when RNG comes to play mostly.

SMGs are very RNG based. But they are close range weapons. And they have low TTK also.

If you rly try to land your shot, and not spray and pray, you are mostly rewarded.

 

What I can say from years of playing.. mostly the most accurate weapons suffer from RNG the most. OSCAR, COBR-A. I love COBR-A.. maybe Iam doing soemthing wrong?

 

Some weapons are indeed inaccurate AF. CAP40 comes to my mind. This one SMG supposed to be bridge between OCA, and PMG, but it happened to be the worst of these 2 with the worst TTK, the worst accuracy, the worst bloom recovery.. total RNG fest.

 

TL:DR: I would like to say that RNG is nothing gamebreaking, and its not a problem in APB. But there are few weapons that rly suffer from it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

mostly the most accurate weapons suffer from RNG the most

am I misunderstanding this?
wouldn't accurate weapons be less RNG?

  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we need XM-8 Assault Rifle in APB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

am I misunderstanding this?
wouldn't accurate weapons be less RNG?

Well yes, that would make a sence, wouldnt it? I named OSCAR and COBR-A specifically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

Well yes, that would make a sence, wouldnt it? I named OSCAR and COBR-A specifically.

Ahh kk... I had a feeling I wasn't reading it correctly.

  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

am I misunderstanding this?
wouldn't accurate weapons be less RNG?

HVR ghostshots ring a bell ^,.,^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

If you spray and pray - thats when RNG comes to play mostly.

SMGs are very RNG based. But they are close range weapons. And they have low TTK also.

If you rly try to land your shot, and not spray and pray, you are mostly rewarded.

Well you can't "really land" your shot if base accuracy of the gun is bad, that's the problem, all you can do is spray and pray.

 

Yes oca will hit fine at 10m when you both stand in the middle of the street with no cover. But that's not how most fights look in this game. More often than not people will be behind a cover only showing you a small part of their hitbox. Making it full rng whenever you hit them or not.

 

And how exactly would more accurate guns hurt you? Why are people so reluctant to that idea?

You realise that it would balance the game and make it less stale, right?

It's in the nature of a TPS that defenders have it easier (corner camping). Having accurate guns wouldn't exactly fix that completely but it would help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Uke said:

Well you can't "really land" your shot if base accuracy of the gun is bad, that's the problem, all you can do is spray and pray.

 

Yes oca will hit fine at 10m when you both stand in the middle of the street with no cover. But that's not how most fights look in this game. More often than not people will be behind a cover only showing you a small part of their hitbox. Making it full rng whenever you hit them or not.

 

And how exactly would more accurate guns hurt you? Why are people so reluctant to that idea?

You realise that it would balance the game and make it less stale, right?

It's in the nature of a TPS that defenders have it easier (corner camping). Having accurate guns wouldn't exactly fix that completely but it would help.

If you find the most effective range 10m for OCA then you should use OCA for that range. Same pays for other weapons. This game is all about positioning, and taking an advantage of surroundings and strenghts of your weapons.

If the player is peeking out of the corned, and you are running in open, then he is in advantage DUH. Thats what grenades are for. 

 

Its not hard to hit peeking players anyway. Hitboxes in this game are so big and forgiving it shouldnt be such a problem as you make it look like.

And I would never ever say that this game is stale. You can break thro any defences.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

If you find the most effective range 10m for OCA then you should use OCA for that range. Same pays for other weapons. This game is all about positioning, and taking an advantage of surroundings and strenghts of your weapons.

If the player is peeking out of the corned, and you are running in open, then he is in advantage DUH. Thats what grenades are for. 

 

Its not hard to hit peeking players anyway. Hitboxes in this game are so big and forgiving it shouldnt be such a problem as you make it look like.

And I would never ever say that this game is stale. You can break thro any defences.

unless the enemy is so close to the corner peaking to where you legit cannot aim on him with a sniper at the corner, and have to aim "Beside" the body and off the "red reticle" to hit (which actually happens) cornerpeaking isn't much an issue. Considering you put yourself into a position with no cover... against someone with 95% cover. Increased accuracy shouldn't save you from bad gameplay tactics like that. We have cars, mobile cover, explosives, "randomized" spawns, multiple entrances into almost every location, grenades, and lots of peak points depending on where for snipers, and walls for calculated opgl nades. Heck, even brick n car det can work wonders lol

Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean for a 'decade' isn't true at all.

 

In the old days, there WAS no recoil at all.

 

Besides, the RNG element is massively overplayed. Learn your guns bloom, and it becomes absolutely no issue at all.

 

The biggest thing, and this is what people don't wanna admit, their reaction speeds suck, and their aim is mediocre. Don't worry, we've all been there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2020 at 7:10 PM, AxeTurboAgresor said:

 

There are ppl who are able to land almost every shot

Not really, no. Using an aimbot could provide the highest chance of landing shots, since it tracks middle of the hitbox perfectly.

 

21 minutes ago, Intake said:

Besides, the RNG element is massively overplayed. Learn your guns bloom, and it becomes absolutely no issue at all.

The biggest thing, and this is what people don't wanna admit, their reaction speeds suck, and their aim is mediocre. Don't worry, we've all been there.

 

That's silly thinking. You can be master of your bloom, lets say you are. Let's say we both play Obeya, we hit everything and we start shooting at the same time. All I need to do to win the gunfight is be lucky and tap my weapon faster letting it bloom more to kill you with RNG, before you can click your fully accurate shots..

That's why it doesn't matter how great of a "tapper" you are.

 

Furthermore, you are also wrong, because the smaller the RNG the harder it is to actually hit your opponent, because you cannot just cover him more or less with gigantic crosshair and pray for your shots to count.

Even a slight miss could prove a missed shot. Now with a slight miss you can hit your opponent if you are lucky enough since he is half way in the cross anyway.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

√ó
×
  • Create New...