Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I want to weigh in on the back and forth about dethreating and server ranking from my own point of view.

First (so you're less likely to want to jump down my throat and berate me), some context and stats:

I'm pretty much a perpetual silver (a bit of that is by design, more later).

I currently have just over 2000 hours in the game and, while I understand that I could easily of padded that stat in Social, I didn't. That's boring and, in my view, pointless. I enjoy playing the game.

I've seen a lot, raged a lot, smiled a lot, been accused of hacking a bit.

I have only one account; Citadel (originally Obeya) with three characters: 1 Crim (Jobs2k: 255), 2 Enf (Laney: 255, Jobs2k: Can't remember the rank but low and pretty much unplayed.


Now, the content.

After many years of playing I feel like the main reason to dethreat, especially in the current segregation system, is for someone of a gold skill/experience level to gain access to bronze level servers.
My reasoning is simple - gold can go to silver any time they want.
A frequent exchange when I kill a gold player goes like this:
"You're shit. Go to bronze."
"I'm silver, this is a silver server."
"Then you should be on bronze [Insert random slur]."
"I'm silver, this is a silver server. You should go to gold."
"You're stupid. Gold servers are empty. Everyone knows silvers play on bronze and golds play on silver. Fuck off you stupid noob scrub."


Let's break that down a little. Apparently, because I am not playing at the level a gold player thinks I should be to go against them (even though I just killed them) I shouldn't be in the server they are in. Now, I know that the most likely instigator of the exchange was 'butthurt' due to 'death by scrub'. People don't like to lose. I'm allegedly a person and I don't like losing.
Now, why would/should the silvers go to bronze? I see two reasons.

  1.     They can fight bronze level players there.
  2.     They can 'escape' the golds there.

They can fight bronze players, but "silvers play on bronze" so they'll be fighting both. Silver on silver is cool, it's the way it should be, but they shouldn't be slapping around bronze players.
Why not? Because the game needs to keep players, not lose them. Bronze and green players need a place where they can be safe from stomping until (at the very minimum) they feel comfortable to branch out.
"But wait, you said golds dethreat to gain access to bronze!"
True, and I'll be the first to say that I don't have a foolproof solution for that incredibly complicated problem. What I will say is that I don't condone it and I wish LO every bit of luck finding a way to stop it. At the end of the day this game will succeed or fail based on holding a player base. Having newbs getting stomped and leaving is, in my view, the biggest root cause of the game being 'dead/dying'.
The next point thrown out is that "gold servers are empty". My immediate reaction is "OF COURSE THEY ARE! You're all HERE!", hence me saying that I shouldn't have to go to bronze because they should be in gold.
I realise that (while I feel that is correct on the face of it) it isn't a viable solution at this time because the player base is so small. I understand that people don't want to take on the same 10 - 20 players for 3 or more hours.
The answer to this goes back to bronze players getting happy and secure enough in the game to enjoy it and stay. They then become silver, but happy silvers. They can take a bit more and they understand the game enough not to instantly feel victimised.


To finally explain what I meant by being silver by design...
I'm not generally at gold skill level because I don't play for a sustained amount of time. I'm back and forth in many games I play, spending multiple days focused on one or two until my desires shift. This means I frequently return to APB in a 'rusty' state. It also means that towards the end of each period of playing APB I have recovered what I had before and even progressed into 'gold territory'. This creates a few issues.
Due to my feelings on what is fair I only enter servers that match my displayed threat level. No, I don't go gold and instantly switch servers, but I do check what my threat is before going to the server list.
I know that players can move to one threat level either side of their current threat level. This means silver can go to bronze and gold. While my view of fairness means I don't go to bronze, I only hold that view when I'm playing alone or with similarly skilled players (well over 90% of the time). However, if I am bringing a new player in, and trying to help them find enjoyment in the game, I'm not going to take them into silver! At this point I will enter a bronze server, but I spend most of the time helping them understand the main mechanics and watching their back to stop gold experience silvers stomping them. I rarely end up at, or even near, the top of the mission stats.

Because I don't know when a friend might express an interest in joining the game, and I want to support the game and grow the player base, I essentially give up making an effort (though I won't go AFK) when I go gold. I basically maintain silver as a personal balance. It allows me to play at my general level even when I'm rusty while also helping new players when desired.


No matter what is done there are going to be 'bad actors' that like to spoil things or just simply test (and play with) the boundaries. I realise that this will always leave LO (or whoever owns the game) open to criticism. That's a hard place to be and I applaud their efforts while simultaneously being glad I'm not in their position.

I would like to offer two potential solutions for the community to pick apart and criticise me for. Maybe LO might even consider if it is viable:

  • Would it be possible to time lock moving out of your threat bracket?

Example: A silver goes gold. They can't switch instantly to lower server. They carry on playing where they are because it only just happened and they are doing well, having fun. If they haven't moved out of gold threat for 24 hours then they are refused entry to silver servers. Eventually they would have to stop playing (sleep, eat, RL stuff) so balance would slowly be achived. This would also mitigate people being silver, having a string of a few bad missions, then being unable to access silver to play with their friends. It could also have a knock-on impact of people trying to help others to stay at the same threat with them.

  • Would it be possible to kick players with a threat level that differs from the server threat?

Example: The server has 39/40 Enf. A silver Enf goes gold or bronze. They are marked as 'kickable' and the server registers the time. A silver Enf enters the server. Server now at 40/40 Enf. The non-silver Enf that has the highest time being 'kickable' is allowed to finish the mission they are in, prevented from 'readying up' and kicked after X seconds. Server now back to 39/40 Enf.
If the server is below 39/40 Enf then players of differing threat levels can still enter based on current 'one either way' rules of entry.
This solution still allows for servers to remain well populated but they would slowly balance to being full of players of matching threat level.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

small example : I got banned . support answer: blocking mission, ignoring mission .

 

if matchmaking doesn't work , and I'm in the bronze district facing gold players . this is a developer company problem . what was I punished for ?

 

 

it is impossible to forbid if the problem was from developers

developers must first clean up for all threat levels . silver, bronze should not resist gold . everyone who says I'm gilded silver is lying . THERE IS A SYSTEM .  the system tells you you're GOLD .

 

 

Edited by yood
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, yood said:

small example : I got banned . support answer: blocking mission, ignoring mission .

 

if matchmaking doesn't work , and I'm in the bronze district facing gold players . this is a developer company problem . what was I punished for ?

 

Zzzz I was blocked that I was selling anything for real money. But I didn’t. And nobody cares about me. And people who got into the same situation just have a very small chance to return their active status to their account. 

I created a topic about it. Nothing really, no reaction. Only an answer from support, "thanks for understanding."!

 

p.S I invested $ 4,500 and I have almost all the permanent weapons on my account .

Well, this is at least not entirely reasonable. It is necessary to check everything carefully so that people's accounts do not suffer. I am a living example of who is locked by mistake. And on strange charges.

Edited by Tappey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tappey said:

Zzzz I was blocked that I was selling anything for real money. But I didn’t. And nobody cares about me. And people who got into the same situation just have a very small chance to return their active status to their account. 

I created a topic about it. Nothing really, no reaction. Only an answer from support, "thanks for understanding."!

 

p.S I invested $ 4,500 and I have almost all the permanent weapons on my account .

Well, this is at least not entirely reasonable. It is necessary to check everything carefully so that people's accounts do not suffer. I am a living example of who is locked by mistake. And on strange charges.

your problem is very complex and specific . 

 

if you did, I'll be the first to throw a stone at you . I want to believe you and wish you luck and justice .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jobs2k said:

I want to weigh in on the back and forth about dethreating and server ranking from my own point of view.

First (so you're less likely to want to jump down my throat and berate me), some context and stats:

I'm pretty much a perpetual silver (a bit of that is by design, more later).

I currently have just over 2000 hours in the game and, while I understand that I could easily of padded that stat in Social, I didn't. That's boring and, in my view, pointless. I enjoy playing the game.

I've seen a lot, raged a lot, smiled a lot, been accused of hacking a bit.

I have only one account; Citadel (originally Obeya) with three characters: 1 Crim (Jobs2k: 255), 2 Enf (Laney: 255, Jobs2k: Can't remember the rank but low and pretty much unplayed.


Now, the content.

After many years of playing I feel like the main reason to dethreat, especially in the current segregation system, is for someone of a gold skill/experience level to gain access to bronze level servers.
My reasoning is simple - gold can go to silver any time they want.
A frequent exchange when I kill a gold player goes like this:
"You're shit. Go to bronze."
"I'm silver, this is a silver server."
"Then you should be on bronze [Insert random slur]."
"I'm silver, this is a silver server. You should go to gold."
"You're stupid. Gold servers are empty. Everyone knows silvers play on bronze and golds play on silver. Fuck off you stupid noob scrub."


Let's break that down a little. Apparently, because I am not playing at the level a gold player thinks I should be to go against them (even though I just killed them) I shouldn't be in the server they are in. Now, I know that the most likely instigator of the exchange was 'butthurt' due to 'death by scrub'. People don't like to lose. I'm allegedly a person and I don't like losing.
Now, why would/should the silvers go to bronze? I see two reasons.

  1.     They can fight bronze level players there.
  2.     They can 'escape' the golds there.

They can fight bronze players, but "silvers play on bronze" so they'll be fighting both. Silver on silver is cool, it's the way it should be, but they shouldn't be slapping around bronze players.
Why not? Because the game needs to keep players, not lose them. Bronze and green players need a place where they can be safe from stomping until (at the very minimum) they feel comfortable to branch out.
"But wait, you said golds dethreat to gain access to bronze!"
True, and I'll be the first to say that I don't have a foolproof solution for that incredibly complicated problem. What I will say is that I don't condone it and I wish LO every bit of luck finding a way to stop it. At the end of the day this game will succeed or fail based on holding a player base. Having newbs getting stomped and leaving is, in my view, the biggest root cause of the game being 'dead/dying'.
The next point thrown out is that "gold servers are empty". My immediate reaction is "OF COURSE THEY ARE! You're all HERE!", hence me saying that I shouldn't have to go to bronze because they should be in gold.
I realise that (while I feel that is correct on the face of it) it isn't a viable solution at this time because the player base is so small. I understand that people don't want to take on the same 10 - 20 players for 3 or more hours.
The answer to this goes back to bronze players getting happy and secure enough in the game to enjoy it and stay. They then become silver, but happy silvers. They can take a bit more and they understand the game enough not to instantly feel victimised.


To finally explain what I meant by being silver by design...
I'm not generally at gold skill level because I don't play for a sustained amount of time. I'm back and forth in many games I play, spending multiple days focused on one or two until my desires shift. This means I frequently return to APB in a 'rusty' state. It also means that towards the end of each period of playing APB I have recovered what I had before and even progressed into 'gold territory'. This creates a few issues.
Due to my feelings on what is fair I only enter servers that match my displayed threat level. No, I don't go gold and instantly switch servers, but I do check what my threat is before going to the server list.
I know that players can move to one threat level either side of their current threat level. This means silver can go to bronze and gold. While my view of fairness means I don't go to bronze, I only hold that view when I'm playing alone or with similarly skilled players (well over 90% of the time). However, if I am bringing a new player in, and trying to help them find enjoyment in the game, I'm not going to take them into silver! At this point I will enter a bronze server, but I spend most of the time helping them understand the main mechanics and watching their back to stop gold experience silvers stomping them. I rarely end up at, or even near, the top of the mission stats.

Because I don't know when a friend might express an interest in joining the game, and I want to support the game and grow the player base, I essentially give up making an effort (though I won't go AFK) when I go gold. I basically maintain silver as a personal balance. It allows me to play at my general level even when I'm rusty while also helping new players when desired.


No matter what is done there are going to be 'bad actors' that like to spoil things or just simply test (and play with) the boundaries. I realise that this will always leave LO (or whoever owns the game) open to criticism. That's a hard place to be and I applaud their efforts while simultaneously being glad I'm not in their position.

I would like to offer two potential solutions for the community to pick apart and criticise me for. Maybe LO might even consider if it is viable:

  • Would it be possible to time lock moving out of your threat bracket?

Example: A silver goes gold. They can't switch instantly to lower server. They carry on playing where they are because it only just happened and they are doing well, having fun. If they haven't moved out of gold threat for 24 hours then they are refused entry to silver servers. Eventually they would have to stop playing (sleep, eat, RL stuff) so balance would slowly be achived. This would also mitigate people being silver, having a string of a few bad missions, then being unable to access silver to play with their friends. It could also have a knock-on impact of people trying to help others to stay at the same threat with them.

  • Would it be possible to kick players with a threat level that differs from the server threat?

Example: The server has 39/40 Enf. A silver Enf goes gold or bronze. They are marked as 'kickable' and the server registers the time. A silver Enf enters the server. Server now at 40/40 Enf. The non-silver Enf that has the highest time being 'kickable' is allowed to finish the mission they are in, prevented from 'readying up' and kicked after X seconds. Server now back to 39/40 Enf.
If the server is below 39/40 Enf then players of differing threat levels can still enter based on current 'one either way' rules of entry.
This solution still allows for servers to remain well populated but they would slowly balance to being full of players of matching threat level.

Make all the claims you want but opponents aren't messaging you and telling you to go to bronze, your own teammates are doing that. Why not just go to the bronze district where you will be more help to your teammates and not a burden?

  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, yood said:

your problem is very complex and specific . 

 

if you did, I'll be the first to throw a stone at you . I want to believe you and wish you luck and justice .

Thank you all for your support.I will fight for a long time. The truth is behind me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Tappey  I read your topic about your BAN, to be honest with you this is the first time that i see someone complaining for that reason, people use to sell guns for skins that belongs to a different game or real money as well, cant remember any player that got banned for that reason maybe they just ignore it and move forward. Hope we will see you back to the game with your first  account.
Mistakes were made and even if you do that ( you said that you aint did it) it could be a warning instead of a permanent ban.

Edited by eelaaa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jobs2k said:

First (so you're less likely to want to jump down my throat and berate me), some context and stats:

I'm pretty much a perpetual silver (a bit of that is by design, more later).

I currently have just over 2000 hours in the game and, while I understand that I could easily of padded that stat in Social, I didn't. That's boring and, in my view, pointless. I enjoy playing the game.

I've seen a lot, raged a lot, smiled a lot, been accused of hacking a bit.

I have only one account; Citadel (originally Obeya) with three characters: 1 Crim (Jobs2k: 255), 2 Enf (Laney: 255, Jobs2k: Can't remember the rank but low and pretty much unplayed.

I wouldn't worry that much about providing your background. Anyone who wants to dismiss someone else's opinion without reading it based on their "skill level" in a game with ruined skill level calculation probably isn't worth listening to in the first place.

 

I absolutely agree with the part where you bring up an example of a typical exchange between you and a typical Gold player. I've always found it peculiar how most Golds in APB excused playing in Silver instances with "no one plays in Gold instances", not realizing the circular reasoning. Hell, I myself am guilty of playing mostly in Silver instances just to get a quicker match.  Unfortunately, it's a problem that perpetuates itself. Nobody wants to have to wait for a match, so the typical Golds take on the Silver bracket... instead of actually creating a Gold bracket, letting it exist by just filling it up with their presence.

 

Unfortunately, I don't think we can do much with such a small playerbase at the moment. IIRC an attempt was made to incentivise gameplay in Gold instances by having them give out a higher total of mission-related Joker Tickets, but that doesn't seem to have done much.

 

2 hours ago, Jobs2k said:

To finally explain what I meant by being silver by design...
I'm not generally at gold skill level because I don't play for a sustained amount of time. I'm back and forth in many games I play, spending multiple days focused on one or two until my desires shift. This means I frequently return to APB in a 'rusty' state. It also means that towards the end of each period of playing APB I have recovered what I had before and even progressed into 'gold territory'. This creates a few issues.
Due to my feelings on what is fair I only enter servers that match my displayed threat level. No, I don't go gold and instantly switch servers, but I do check what my threat is before going to the server list.
I know that players can move to one threat level either side of their current threat level. This means silver can go to bronze and gold. While my view of fairness means I don't go to bronze, I only hold that view when I'm playing alone or with similarly skilled players (well over 90% of the time). However, if I am bringing a new player in, and trying to help them find enjoyment in the game, I'm not going to take them into silver! At this point I will enter a bronze server, but I spend most of the time helping them understand the main mechanics and watching their back to stop gold experience silvers stomping them. I rarely end up at, or even near, the top of the mission stats.

Because I don't know when a friend might express an interest in joining the game, and I want to support the game and grow the player base, I essentially give up making an effort (though I won't go AFK) when I go gold. I basically maintain silver as a personal balance. It allows me to play at my general level even when I'm rusty while also helping new players when desired.

I can empathise. Back in the days of Open Beta Testing (or whenever it was that we still had visible threat levels and they went from Bronze to Gold, each having 10 sub-levels), I was at the point of constantly fluctuating between Silver 10 and Gold 1. I would win a couple of matches, get ranked up to Gold, get stomped by Golds, go back to the Silver instance, win a couple of matches there... so on and so forth.

 

2 hours ago, Jobs2k said:

No matter what is done there are going to be 'bad actors' that like to spoil things or just simply test (and play with) the boundaries. I realise that this will always leave LO (or whoever owns the game) open to criticism. That's a hard place to be and I applaud their efforts while simultaneously being glad I'm not in their position.

(Emphasis mine.)

This is something that gets mishandled very often. Normally you want to design a working system that addresses typical concerns with the average user in mind — not with the outlier in mind. Bad actors will always exist, but if/when they exploit a system or a mechanic, one should fix the loophole instead of scrapping the entire system/mechanic altogether.

 

Dethreating is a cancer on the game's matchmaking system. Players who go out of their way to skew the system to their advantage for easy matches against lower-skilled opposition should be punished for doing so. Dethreaters affect the entire game in their selfish pursuits — I'd risk going as far as to say that they are the main reason why over the years the Gold threat went from "the most effective players" to "anywhere above slightly average".

  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, eelaaa said:

@Tappey  I read your topic about your BAN, to be honest with you this is the first time that i see someone complaining for that reason, people use to sell guns for skins that belongs to a different game or real money as well, cant remember any player that got banned for that reason maybe they just ignore it and move forward. Hope we will see you back to the game with your first  account.
Mistakes were made and even if you do that ( you said that you aint did it) it could be a warning instead of a permanent ban.

Permanent Ban as I understand it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, MrSilverback said:

Make all the claims you want but opponents aren't messaging you and telling you to go to bronze, your own teammates are doing that. Why not just go to the bronze district where you will be more help to your teammates and not a burden?

Nope! At minimum, 70% of "You should play on bronze" comes from an opposed gold player, usually right after I kill them.

When it comes to my team mates (or rather my faction) the mission starts, I am put in a team of about 4 players, the golds immediately abandon mission (see, not team mates), it is down to only silvers... which is very often just me. They don't stick around long enough to berate me for what they feel is me being in the 'wrong server'.

I explained why I don't feel I should go to a bronze server and why I like to have my account in the silver threat level. Is my rational actually wrong? Or is it that people can't understand why I don't just conform to what everyone else does? Or have I entirely missed something important?

32 minutes ago, MartinPL said:

Anyone who wants to dismiss someone else's opinion without reading it based on their "skill level" in a game with ruined skill level calculation probably isn't worth listening to in the first place.

Thank you for providing a thought-out detailed response.

I agree with your post, but specifically with the bit I quoted. That said, I know how this community can be (but not always is) and I wanted to skip the general "you're just salty, try learning to play first" or "just go to bronze and stop bitching noob" type of stuff that so often happens.

I recognise that I'm one player and I don't have a clue what the game code is doing, but you never truly know if your ideas are good or bad unless you discuss them with others or implement them yourself. I can't do the latter so I went with the former.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jobs2k said:

Nope! At minimum, 70% of "You should play on bronze" comes from an opposed gold player, usually right after I kill them.

Sure it does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know what caused it . fact: LO loves goldS  twicherastov and tuberastov playing in the silver district .

 

I want to remind YOU that more than half of the most famous streamers were banned by the FF system

Edited by yood
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jobs2k said:

Nope! At minimum, 70% of "You should play on bronze" comes from an opposed gold player, usually right after I kill them.

When it comes to my team mates (or rather my faction) the mission starts, I am put in a team of about 4 players, the golds immediately abandon mission (see, not team mates), it is down to only silvers... which is very often just me. They don't stick around long enough to berate me for what they feel is me being in the 'wrong server'.

I explained why I don't feel I should go to a bronze server and why I like to have my account in the silver threat level. Is my rational actually wrong? Or is it that people can't understand why I don't just conform to what everyone else does? Or have I entirely missed something important?

The majority of players nowadays have accepted that Silver = Gold, Bronze = Silver, and so on.

 

Even if you do kill me in a mission, but I see that you are way down on the scoreboard and you are either Silver or Bronze, I will tell you to switch instances - in a nice way ofc. I do this not because I get salty, I do it because I know how high the skillgap can get in that instance. Not to be rude, but you will drag down the performance of your team, which can be very annoying and is the main reason why you see everyone /ab - tab - enter on most mission starts.

 

I had something similar in mind with the 24 hour lock on threat while reading your wall of text, but at most I'd use it as a temporary solution until we have phasing. After phasing, your second suggestion will be obsolete, since matchmaking won't be restricted to the current instance.

Edited by Speedz
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since ALL we ever hear from Golds is Low Pop excuse...

How about No Grouping in Silver server. Its just random who you get matched up with. Maybe the same in bronze. (not sure about that)

 

Love the YOU SUCK! Go to Bronze. 

Your in Bronze YOU are a dethreater.

 

Then in Forums. Silvers should NEVER play in Bronze.

 

There will always be enough Silver to play in Silver. They are the biggest population. If Bronze is full they have no choice and there will always be too many people and Bronze, Green and T's that dont know how to manually select their appropriate server. (Why this is still a thing for years is one of the biggest flaws in this game)

Yet this practice goes on everyday. And THE biggest reason for a new person to quit immediately.

 

More Silvers "might " Play in Silver if the Golds were'nt on Waterfront 95% of the time. Loads still ranking up and might need a Contact on Financial.

 

Golds NEVER even attempt to get the GOLD server going. This might lead to People playing in their appropriately skilled district. And help newer people gain enough skill to reach Silver and Gold.

You would think if they cared about the game they could organize (they do in matches) a week of actually playing in GOLD every other month or something.

 

Golds say Git Gud. I am good. Big difference when Team of 4 are 6 year vets Vs. One or 2 Good Silver/Golds and 2 randoms.

You won't Git Gud when you are the ONLY one on your Team getting kills and losing.

 

I have played off and on for years. And for years I never used Advanced Tab to pick server. For a long time I didn't even know that you could. (like most)

I didnt care because I didnt need to. I was decent and there was population. I had fun, I kicked butt and got butt kicked and was learning.

You don't learn anything playing in SILVER except maybe... I need to play with the same 3 teammates for years and all be on Discord or Teamspeak and communicate.

 

Golds forget where they came from. When they started the population was high.   Therefore, they were able to GitGud with their peers.

 

Imagine a Trainee grouped with a random Bronze going up against a team of 255 GOLD/Silvers all in the same clan (and probably on Discord) with Car Det, most Legendaries, Full supply of consumables, FireBomb, car surfer, etc. etc.

Theres a Crim clan that does this EVERY NIGHT in Bronze. GOLD the entire night and they are miraculously there again the next night.

Reporting is a joke, I report them almost daily for months. It's a complete FAILURE! Some of you know.

 

Been said a million times. NEVER TRIED ONCE!

Get rid of the Main Server screen and Show list of Servers.

Force Bronze, Green and Trainee to play in Green Server. Or at least to a certain level. (Why was it made?) Its more empty than GOLD, some people Ramraid in Gold.

Green is NOT used.

 

If a new player does end up in Green. They to quit due to boredom of being alone, in their mind it must be a dead game. Another one lost.

NEVER NEVER NEVER  have a Trainee start in Silver, or Bronze for that matter. If they ALL started by default in Green until lvl 75 or 100 or something then Purposeful dethreaters couldn't abuse them. (yea, there will be ONE lowlife that dethreats all the way to Bronze move on)

Matchmaking......No point in even discussing it.

Low Tier Threat is a Joke. A person with decent shooter skills can go from Trainee to Bronze or Silver and sometimes even GOLD in 1 or 2 matches.

LOL, yea that makes sense. He's ready for the Pros!

 

Have Gold matches in GOLD. They complain about no more contacts or rewards.

Give them one for playing in Gold weekly.

 

GMs GMS GMs where are they? Cmon man! This is a joke too!

They cant, wont or dont do anything IF you ever see them. 

We need a really extensive vetting process to get some real Mature GM's that can DO SOMETHING! And be mature enough for the job with no favortism.

The community on all levels don't help out either. In the rare case you do see a GM all he/she gets is a never ending stream of Gimme this and gimme that and really really stupid repetitive questions. Go to the Forums and let GM's be GM's and Not Santa Claus.

 

Same goes for forum moderators. I was recently given a Forum warning for a poo poo word. 

Meanwhile NPC's say things that would make a Sailor blush. I could go and paste links all day long of people on forums who used a curse word here on the forums.

Those are all Okay I guess. Not mine. No favortism please or no prejudice.

 

Something! DO SOMETHING! None of this has been tried. We lose players just as fast as we gain them. 

Years go by and suggestions like these and even better ones are pooped on in the forums.

Low Pop, Git Gud. It will never happen until some real changes similar to these occur.

Maybe it won't do anything, But again We try NOTHING!

And none of these would directly affect the Top tier community.

 

Just wait, New Engine and Phasing will solve all! It will NOT!

We will see about phasing. Doesn't sound that great to me.

Get moved to a new district before each match. Does mission wait to start until everyone is loaded in?

He who has the better PC will spawn first and be first to objective everytime? I dunno.

I think it will bring a whole other plethora of other problems we haent even thought about yet.

 

But, at least its trying somethng, if it ever happens.

Meanwhile..................a week to change server locations.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Speedz said:

The majority of players nowadays have accepted that Silver = Gold, Bronze = Silver, and so on.

 

I've been reading these answers for eight years . you just want to legitimize your abuse .

 

I agree with the opinion Havana . very right , my zero English so don't write won't allow it .

 

you told Havana I hated you )) I hate the only thing that kills the game .

Edited by yood
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Speedz said:

The majority of players nowadays have accepted that Silver = Gold, Bronze = Silver, and so on.

When is LO bringing in platinum then? That way there is an even greater distance for platinum to dethreat down to bronze and keep players from being able to enjoy the game and stay.

Sorry, but I feel that the Silver = Gold reasoning is fundamentally wrong and hurting the life of the game. Just because people accept a situation it doesn't mean it is correct to do so.

1 hour ago, Speedz said:

Even if you do kill me in a mission, but I see that you are way down on the scoreboard and you are either Silver or Bronze, I will tell you to switch instances - in a nice way ofc. I do this not because I get salty, I do it because I know how high the skillgap can get in that instance. Not to be rude, but you will drag down the performance of your team, which can be very annoying and is the main reason why you see everyone /ab - tab - enter on most mission starts.

It is quite possible I will (and do) drag down the performance of my team, I don't recall ever denying that here or in game, but that is also possible. A great many times I am apologising to golds for bringing them down. Just as many people I have introduced to the game have done to me when I have taken them to bronze servers. I thought this was politeness and understanding. "I'm not in the server intended for my level so I must recognise that others aren't likely to be at my level. I should still help them enjoy the game where I can."

1 hour ago, Speedz said:

I had something similar in mind with the 24 hour lock on threat while reading your wall of text, but at most I'd use it as a temporary solution until we have phasing. After phasing, your second suggestion will be obsolete, since matchmaking won't be restricted to the current instance.

One, both or neither of us has things confused in regard to the phasing. In a recent post Matt said that they are no longer looking at merging the two databases, rather they were now intending to loan characters back and forth between the two that currently exist.

I took that to be more like other MMOs that allow you to move your character to a different server. Am I wrong and do we know what impacts that would have to the idea of phasing yet?

1 hour ago, Havana said:

[...] there will always be too many people and Bronze, Green and T's that dont know how to manually select their appropriate server. (Why this is still a thing for years is one of the biggest flaws in this game)

Yet this practice goes on everyday. And THE biggest reason for a new person to quit immediately.

This is a huge issue when it comes to player retention.

1 hour ago, Havana said:

Golds NEVER even attempt to get the GOLD server going. This might lead to People playing in their appropriately skilled district. And help newer people gain enough skill to reach Silver and Gold.

You would think if they cared about the game they could organize (they do in matches) a week of actually playing in GOLD every other month or something.

I don't know this to be true, but it sure as hell feels like it a lot of the time.

1 hour ago, Havana said:

Been said a million times. NEVER TRIED ONCE!

Get rid of the Main Server screen and Show list of Servers.

Force Bronze, Green and Trainee to play in Green Server. Or at least to a certain level. (Why was it made?) Its more empty than GOLD, some people Ramraid in Gold.

Green is NOT used.

Agreed. I am always baffled when I see 0 Enf 10 Crims in a gold server in the list but enter a silver server and see a sea of gold that I feel are all ready to tell me that the gold servers are empty.

1 hour ago, Havana said:

GMs GMS GMs where are they? Cmon man! This is a joke too!

They cant, wont or dont do anything IF you ever see them. 

We need a really extensive vetting process to get some real Mature GM's that can DO SOMETHING! And be mature enough for the job with no favortism.

The community on all levels don't help out either. In the rare case you do see a GM all he/she gets is a never ending stream of Gimme this and gimme that and really really stupid repetitive questions. Go to the Forums and let GM's be GM's and Not Santa Claus.

I don't fully agree with everything you are saying as I feel at least some of it might be a remnant of experience in the G1 days.

I did enjoy seeing the odd one pop up in chat just after LO took over though. I hope it is something that is on their roadmap, even if it is an 'after the bigger stuff' type of thing.

1 hour ago, Havana said:

Just wait, New Engine and Phasing will solve all! It will NOT!

Not directly, but I know of at least one person that has outright said that they can't wait to jump back in on the new engine. They are out there and their return might bring a shift we sorely need.

I do agree that the new engine and phasing, separately or together, will not fix the overall issues. I also think that LO and the community understand that as well.

 

 

 

Edited by Jobs2k
Ctrl+return=post... prematurely!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, the best way to play APB is with all chat turned off, and your friends on voice in Discord.

 

Very rarely would you be seeing positive chat anyways, even when its not directed at you.

 

But as far as being perma silver with 2,000 hours, I'd say you absolutely belong in silver districts. And if you keep playing there you will improve, I promise.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MartinPL said:

IIRC an attempt was made to incentivise gameplay in Gold instances by having them give out a higher total of mission-related Joker Tickets, but that doesn't seem to have done much.

this was suggested but orbit has yet to recognize that systems like this are needed

 

 

1 hour ago, Havana said:

You would think if they cared about the game they could organize (they do in matches) a week of actually playing in GOLD every other month or something.

comparing the “organization” of 4 friends who want to play together to getting 80 random people to all log into apb at the same time feels kind of disingenuous 

 

having actually organized some larger clan events in the past, i understand just how difficult it is to wrangle a large number of players - just finding a schedule that works for everyone involved is a nightmare, and sometimes flat out impossible

 

that aside, 80 gold players is more gold players than people who actively post on this forum or the unofficial discord, so how would you even get in contact with that many people in the first place?

 

 

41 minutes ago, Jobs2k said:

Agreed. I am always baffled when I see 0 Enf 10 Crims in a gold server in the list but enter a silver server and see a sea of gold that I feel are all ready to tell me that the gold servers are empty.

those 10 criminals are ramraiding or doing some clan activity so they’re essentially not there as far as opposed missions are concerned, worst case scenario they actually leave as soon as an enf joins the district 

 

no one wants to spend their limited game time just sitting in an empty district hoping other people join, that’s not why players boot up apb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thread is basically, "I don't feel like playing in the bronze district," *sticks fingers in ears*. 

 

I'm silver so I'm playing in the silver district, who cares if the majority of the OP there is GOLD and way better than me. I could have better games in the bronze district, get more wins, and more standing, and everything will be better, but no, I want to sit at the grownups table.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MrSilverback said:

The thread is basically, "I don't feel like playing in the bronze district," *sticks fingers in ears*. 

 

I'm silver so I'm playing in the silver district, who cares if the majority of the OP there is GOLD and way better than me. I could have better games in the bronze district, get more wins, and more standing, and everything will be better, but no, I want to sit at the grownups table.

have you read the previous texts ?  I'm silver , I'm play star , I don't play in clans , private groups , don't use legendary weapons , I don't play in a band with gold from bronze , I've never been gold in the last six months . . where do I become a FRAGER ?

 

 

 

at the same time, in the last six months, I received 4 manual bans . for what ? for what I do not want to feed light deaths the goldS ?

Edited by yood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

22 minutes ago, Solamente said:

those 10 criminals are ramraiding or doing some clan activity so they’re essentially not there as far as opposed missions are concerned, worst case scenario they actually leave as soon as an enf joins the district

Yeah, in a way I misspoke/typed. I do understand they are basically guaranteed to be going for the cash, but part of my confusion is the fact that there are empty silver servers they could be doing that in. They go for the gold servers for exactly the reason you're talking about - no one goes in there, even if there are Crims raiding. They are at least 90% sure that they are safe in their crime spree and a huge chunk of that safety is provided by the idea of "Silver = Gold".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jobs2k said:

 

Yeah, in a way I misspoke/typed. I do understand they are basically guaranteed to be going for the cash, but part of my confusion is the fact that there are empty silver servers they could be doing that in. They go for the gold servers for exactly the reason you're talking about - no one goes in there, even if there are Crims raiding. They are at least 90% sure that they are safe in their crime spree and a huge chunk of that safety is provided by the idea of "Silver = Gold".

the rules say you can't do things in the game that don't belong in life .

 

 

simple example: the price of 1 gram of gold and the price of 1 gram of silvers  . CAN'T COST THE SAME .

 

 

am I wrong ? you want to buy gold at the price of silver .

 

Edited by yood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

as a gold i can say that i'd love to play with golds only and leave these all silvers fighting each other. i should join the gold server then, but they are so empty that it's impossible to find a mission there. i think there are a lot of people with the same opinion because it doesn't matter where the silver is (in your or the enemy team), they don't play at the same level and we shouldn't be mixed. but there is a problem that even if one person joins a gold district, nothing changes because the rest of golds are still in the silver district (it is just their habit to choose it). the option of choosing lower threat district should be locked by the game so every gold joins gold district and most of them are happy because they play with players that are "at similar level" (imo they should add more threat levels btw, because gold≠gold, but this is an other problem, not to this thread).

 

tl;dr without interference of developers this problem is never gonna be fixed

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AdzataJB said:

as a gold i can say that i'd love to play with golds only and leave these all silvers fighting each other. i should join the gold server then, but they are so empty that it's impossible to find a mission there. i think there are a lot of people with the same opinion because it doesn't matter where the silver is (in your or the enemy team), they don't play at the same level and we shouldn't be mixed. but there is a problem that even if one person joins a gold district, nothing changes because the rest of golds are still in the silver district (it is just their habit to choose it). the option of choosing lower threat district should be locked by the game so every gold joins gold district and most of them are happy because they play with players that are "at similar level" (imo they should add more threat levels btw, because gold≠gold, but this is an other problem, not to this thread).

 

tl;dr without interference of developers this problem is never gonna be fixed

that's what all golds say . none of the gold does not, if you give the will you climb like cockroaches in the green area .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, yood said:

if you give the will you climb like cockroaches in the green area

wdym

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...