Jobs2k

My attempt at a civil debate...

im ngl, im bronze ok. yes im BRONZE. i suck. idc, i play for fun. i have a crappy internet and a crappy laptop. i dont care about objectives or winning i just have fun and play.

i dont actually care about dethreaters that much bc in bronze most just solo and play casual, they die and lose missions just like anyone else

my concern is when you have a full clan/group of golds. its not even worth playing. i always just afk but then i get the "HURR DURR REPORTED MISSION BLOCKING NOOB" whispers. like gtfo, let me /abandonmission then so i can press k and get a better match!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Havana said:

Golds NEVER even attempt to get the GOLD server going.

I login to play the game, not sit in a dead district for 6 hours and give up trying to fill it.

Thanks though.

• Like 1

Just now, Evagelyne said:

I login to play the game, not sit in a dead district for 6 hours and give up trying to fill it.

Thanks though.

I've been reading these answers for eight years . you just want to legitimize your abuse .

Edited by yood

4 minutes ago, yood said:

I've been reading these answers for eight years . you just want to legitimize your abuse .

I don't really care what you think. Your borderline gibberish posts about this are so hilariously riddled with spite no one is going to take you seriously. This game isn't my whole life (unlike yours) and I don't have that much time to play it outside of university, so I'm not going to sit in a district with literally 0 players. End of story.

Game's fault for adding visible segregation in the first place. Was heavy handed and poorly implemented to this very day. Get over it, nerd.

• Thanks 1

Okay i'll solve that one... 

1. get rid of threat segregation districts

2. Keep the threat system for now (yea it needs some tweaks later)

3. Remove visible threat > just make the rank symbols blue and red.

Ur welcome! 👌

2 minutes ago, HighSociety said:

Ur welcome! 👌

how can the matchmaking system work properly when you have 80 players on totally different levels in one district? at the time matchmaking is shitty because of small number of players (although there are similar threat players in one district) and if there were no segregation you would wait for the mission for ages

6 minutes ago, Evagelyne said:

I don't really care what you think. Your borderline gibberish posts about this are so hilariously riddled with spite no one is going to take you seriously. This game isn't my whole life (unlike yours) and I don't have that much time to play it outside of university, so I'm not going to sit in a district with literally 0 players. End of story.

Game's fault for adding visible segregation in the first place. Was heavy handed and poorly implemented to this very day. Get over it, nerd.

you want to buy gold at the price of silver .

for eight years I have read such answers . eight years of you ! gold robbing the company developers .

Edited by yood

5 minutes ago, yood said:

for eight years I have read such answers

i think you have because it's the truth

7 minutes ago, AdzataJB said:

how can the matchmaking system work properly when you have 80 players on totally different levels in one district? at the time matchmaking is shitty because of small number of players (although there are similar threat players in one district) and if there were no segregation you would wait for the mission for ages

Ya back in 2012-2014 it worked well and there were 10-15 full districts...

It was like 1 silver and 1 bronce vs 1 gold and so on...  (hope u get what i mean)

It was better matchmaking IN MY OPINION.

Dunno if it works with our low pop now but back than it was so much better

Edited by HighSociety

hahaha Jordan spitting the truth!

3 hours ago, postalgril said:

i always just afk but then i get the "HURR DURR REPORTED MISSION BLOCKING NOOB" whispers. like gtfo, let me /abandonmission then so i can press k and get a better match!!

Be careful, that is considered griefing, and can get you in trouble. 

7 hours ago, AdzataJB said:

but there is a problem that even if one person joins a gold district, nothing changes because the rest of golds are still in the silver district (it is just their habit to choose it).

I completely understand that psychology but do you feel it is productive ?

This is not an easy problem to solve. I would be naive if I couldn't admit that. It doesn't stop me wanting to try.

the option of choosing lower threat district should be locked by the game so every gold joins gold district

I'm pretty sure I remember G1 doing exactly this across all threat levels. It failed hard. I think that was because it was a hard limit. Back then I frequently played in a 4 man team and the moment one of us went gold they would become annoyed and depressed because they knew the moment their connection dropped (happened a lot back then) they wouldn't be joining us for a good while. They would be playing alone on gold while listening to the rest have fun.

tl;dr without interference of developers this problem is never gonna be fixed

I totally agree. I'm just trying, probably in vain, to find community acceptable solutions that LO might want to consider.

6 hours ago, postalgril said:

my concern is when you have a full clan/group of golds. its not even worth playing. i always just afk but then i get the "HURR DURR REPORTED MISSION BLOCKING NOOB" whispers. like gtfo, let me /abandonmission then so i can press k and get a better match!!

I feel that pain far more frequently than I like, but I don't believe going AFK is the best solution. Even if I know that direct conflict simply will not end well for me, I just switch to being an aggravation to do damage and leave. I focus on combat survival while hopping my team mates will capitalise.

6 hours ago, Evagelyne said:

Thanks though.

Yep, totally understand. It makes sense in the low population state we're in.

Do you think it will change when the population increases, or will the server list show 2 empty gold servers, 6 full silver servers and three full bronze ones?

Currently I forsee the latter.

6 hours ago, HighSociety said:

Ya back in 2012-2014 it worked well and there were 10-15 full districts...

That had a higher chance of working because there was enough players on-line to provide a choice of active servers. I remember back then, if you were getting stomped (or just not enjoying the opposition) you switched out.

It might happen again, but it relies entirely on getting enough players to fill enough servers.

10 hours ago, HighSociety said:

Ur welcome! 👌

Sounds like a plan, why not give it a shot. Better than nothing for the past 4 years or more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, greenfield said:

oh too much text, can someone provide a short version of the op😄

I think that will get very different responses depending on the viewpoint of the person replying.

My overall aim is to try to bring new life/players to the game... or just generally increase the active player base and I'm looking for ways to do it.

The reason I felt a need to post came from a discussion that began in the 'Extended Server Maintenance' thread.

Edited by Jobs2k
Don't try typing your own BB code. The editor doesn't like it. -_-

5 hours ago, Jobs2k said:

Do you think it will change when the population increases, or will the server list show 2 empty gold servers, 6 full silver servers and three full bronze ones?

Currently I forsee the latter.

I can only speak based on what I've seen many years ago; when the NA servers had dozens of districts available, I played in the gold district as did many other people and I was against new people all the time. They were full, just like the silver ones from what I remember.

The game's population has atrophied big time and our current situation is of an extreme nature and super unusual, not really a good basis as a population forecast, lol.