How effective is BattleEye

RIP Battleye hype

me sad now 😞

Edit: for the people with bad eyesight

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

looks like bad internet?

Same actually,

The speed isn't really there, her position just isn't updating with the server fast enough. Probably losing some packets?

5 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

looks like bad internet?

This person had the same excuse

5 hours ago, Luminesca said:

This person had the same excuse

That isnt from today though, right?

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

That isnt from today though, right?

Nah, yesterday. But some cheat sites already claim having BE proof shit. So anything goes really, like I said, BE isn't magically gonna end APB cheating. I had fingers crossed it might reduce public cheats, but even that might not be the case.

Just now, Luminesca said:

Nah, yesterday. But some cheat sites already claim having BE proof shit. So anything goes really, like I said, BE isn't magically gonna end APB cheating. I had fingers crossed it might reduce public cheats, but even that might not be the case.

Hmmm... that is a bit strange then, as afaik speedhacking was fixed after regoated. Unfortunately, I cant really speak with expertise on it so I'll have to leave that to someone else. 

16 minutes ago, UnawarePolarBear said:

Same actually,

The speed isn't really there, her position just isn't updating with the server fast enough. Probably losing some packets?

Did you even look at video? Bad internet can make you warp a bit, but you won't be going faster in a straight line. If you actually watched the video, you'd have seen that he was walking with a medium item faster than the guy that was recording was sprinting.

• Like 1

There will always be cheaters, I don't mind the occasional low-rank Shaw Copter but hopefully people can't comfortably get away while closeting anymore because imo that was the bigger issue.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

looks like bad internet?

this would have made the player himself wrap a little here and there as while, however the video is smooth.

5 minutes ago, MrBubbleTea said:

this would have made the player himself wrap a little here and there as while, however the video is smooth.

I mean, not unless they live together  right? 

Looks more like packet loss and less like a speed hack, honestly.

1 minute ago, TheTankBal said:

not really. i just did a mission with a hole group of crim aimboters... also golds in a bronze server

How does dethreating have relevance to this.

1 minute ago, Lucidy said:

How does dethreating have relevance to this.

cuz they werent. i just uploaded a video showing them aimboting. all but one was gold. all was aimboting in bronze before it went down

Just now, TheTankBal said:

cuz they werent. i just uploaded a video showing them aimboting. all but one was gold. all was aimboting in bronze before it went down

Ah you meant like the people who u say were aimbotting were golds in a bronze district. Misinterpreted what u posted, apologies.

5 minutes ago, TheTankBal said:

I sincerely doubt they were aimbotting, it's significantly more likely that they're just a lot better than you and have no business being in the district.

I think now with battleye there wont be closets anymore because they will eventually be caught (much faster than FF) which would make being closet pointless, but because of that they might just go blatant with new accounts for the times they are able to cheat.

Edited by Guacamole

10 minutes ago, TheTankBal said:

not really. i just did a mission with a hole group of crim aimboters... also golds in a bronze server

Like I said, there will always be people who don't care about getting banned and will hack anyway and re-roll. Those people are not going to pay attention to the detected status of their cheats anyway.

Also more likely is that the cheats are being allowed to roll right now as detected to gather statistics for FF and BE. This is common practice. If you go do some research on BE you will find a video where they discuss this as a strategy, there is more information in observation than just outright banning the player right away. They can use BE to gather data on the cheats to help prevent future cheats. Once they are satisfied with the data they initiate a ban wave. Its really that simple. We wont see a huge decrease in blatant cheaters right away. Give it a week.

1 minute ago, TheTankBal said:

if they were just "good" i'll be ok with it cuz i know suck patootie. but alot of the kills where very WTF to me. there needs to be a system that kills golds out of bronze right away once they get gold. 

at the very last thx to server dieing they won be in there again for some time. 

That's not a solution. There are legitimate electrums like me. I go back and forth between silver and gold because that's just where my skill level is at. If I got kicked every time I turned gold, I would be in an infinite loading screen, because I inevitably rubberband right back down to silver when I have to go up against real golds. Also, there are real, actual high rank (and even max rank) silvers.

4 minutes ago, Dreadarm said:

Also on this note, one of the things people have seemed to have forgotten is that there is terrible sync issues with APB, the server, and your client. What you see is not what the server sees and in turn is not what your OP sees. This leads to a lot of WTF moments in game such as getting run over when you are no where near a car... or dying 15 ft behind a wall after taking cover. also dying after the other guy appears to be a bullet sponge.

Yeah all of it happens most of the time when enemy has high ping or shitty internet. Not always tho

1 minute ago, Clandestine said:

Yeah all of it happens most of the time when enemy has high ping or shitty internet. Not always tho

Anyone remember old school lag-switching? This was the chetz of the day 10 years ago.

Just now, Dreadarm said:

Anyone remember old school lag-switching? This was the chetz of the day 10 years ago.

Man P2P games like Dead By Daylight are still plagued by this. I was always wondering if some people lagswitch in APB.

Some people can be immortal for months and that's pretty awesome luck