illgot

What if LTL was just a weapon mod

8 hours ago, Ketog said:

If you're so sure, tell me why you can JG + pig someone, but not pig + jg someone, to stun him.

A bug that has remained unfixed since CBT because Gamersfirst/Reloaded didn't care about LTL.

20 hours ago, Hexerin said:

You don't seem to understand how damage works, there's no special modifier that enables stunning. Literally any gun in the game can stun.

Baseline, a player has 1,000 health and 1,000 stamina. Every gun in the game has a stat for health damage and another stat for stamina damage, both of which are dealt each time you shoot someone. When you deal enough of the type of damage, the target will either die (health damage) or be stunned (stamina damage).

If both are reduced to zero at the same time, the game defaults to killing the target instead of stunning it (this is why the DMR kills instead of stuns on the third shot within 85m). The reason most guns never stun is simply because most guns have a stamina damage value that would require 50+ shots to stun.

The old team had discussed this before on the forums before LO. Only certain guns can stun, regardless of stamina damage some guns will NEVER stun. If they could you'd see guns that do highish stamina damage stunning after shooting someone with a pig or ccg, but they dont. (aside from DMR because its coded to be able to)

Guns like the CCG, NL9, NANO, and DMR are coded/have a modifier that is not visible and is not stamina damage or health damage which lets it stun. JG cannot stun because it isn't coded to be able to, its not a glitch or a bug, its actually a feature that most guns have ingame except a small few.

think of it like this:

Health Damage: 250

Stamina damage: 150

Hard Damage: 60

Can Stun: No/Yes

tdlr: Stamina damage determines how much stamina damage is done. But it doesn't determine if a weapon can stun because the ability to stun is not dependent upon stamina damage.

Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Like 1

Please just enable the stun flag on the flare/firework launcher. I'll be eternally grateful. 

I promise to make it worth it.

Edited by Leefekyn
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Hexerin said:

A bug that has remained unfixed since CBT because Gamersfirst/Reloaded didn't care about LTL.

i doubt its a bug, seems more likely that it was an intentional balance change to remove an easy way to bypass ltl’s weaknesses over lethal 

9 hours ago, Hexerin said:

unknown.png

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 5:21 AM, Hexerin said:

You don't seem to understand how damage works, there's no special modifier that enables stunning. Literally any gun in the game can stun.

Baseline, a player has 1,000 health and 1,000 stamina. Every gun in the game has a stat for health damage and another stat for stamina damage, both of which are dealt each time you shoot someone. When you deal enough of the type of damage, the target will either die (health damage) or be stunned (stamina damage).

If both are reduced to zero at the same time, the game defaults to killing the target instead of stunning it (this is why the DMR kills instead of stuns on the third shot within 85m). The reason most guns never stun is simply because most guns have a stamina damage value that would require 50+ shots to stun.

Cmon you are here since 2014 and it's basic knowledge that this is NOT how it works.

Have you never wondered when someone jumped from a really high high house with happy landing, that shooting him with the n-tec never stunned him? guess why? Because when a gun doesn't have the stun ability enabled, it does simply not stun even when 1000 stamina damage are reached. If every gun could stun we would see a buttload of more stuns by regular base, And also mixed teams between lethal and ltl would appear more often because 2 people, shooting with n-tec and a CCG would lead to a stun before kill. but this does not happen ever.

Edited by LilyV3
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

cmon you are here since 2014 and it's basic knowledge that this is NOT how it works.

have you never wondered when someone jumped from a really high high house with happy landing that shooting hm with the n-tec never stunned him? guess why? because when a gun doesn't have the stun ability enabled it does simply not stun wheven when 1000 health damage are reached. if every gun could stun we would see a buttload of more stun by regular base, and also mixed teams between lethal and ltl would appear more often because 2 people, shooting with n-tec and a CCG would lead to a stun before kill. but this does not happen ever.

this explains so much about why certain combos stun and why people jumping with Happy Landings 3 never stun themselves.

Since we're on the topic whether most weapons can stun at all, I think stamina damage should be used more on some weapons to disable an opponents ability to sprint. Once your stamina goes below a certain threshold you can not sprint anymore.

I think weapons like the SG-21 'Strife' should use mechanics like these to make them more interesting (i.e. does loads of health and stamina damage; kills slowly, but you can not run away).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:

Since we're on the topic whether most weapons can stun at all, I think stamina damage should be used more on some weapons to disable an opponents ability to sprint. Once your stamina goes below a certain threshold you can not sprint anymore.

I think weapons like the SG-21 'Strife' should use mechanics like these to make them more interesting (i.e. does loads of health and stamina damage; kills slowly, but you can not run away).

Definitely on to something here. There are few situations currently where the removed sprint comes into play. At the very least, it should start sooner; potentially below 800. That way the nl9 forces a walk after 2 shots.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:

It would actually be a cool idea but it would require the current system to be changed a bit.  I think you lose the ability to sprint after like 800 points of stamina damage.  Insanely high for any weapon in a single shot imo.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:

idk if i like this idea, seeing as preventing players from sprinting already pretty much guarantees a stun 

seeing as you’re just lowering the bar for winning fights, i think this is off the table if there’s any plans to buff ltl or rebalance lethal weapons around an ltl mod

Being slowed down is one of the worst mechanics in the game. I'd rather they remove it.

Osmaws that insta stun flack jacket users? yes please.

But seriously no i like the way LTL is now, just wish the pig wasn't such a crap shoot with it missing shots at 3 meters shooting center mass.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Solamente said:

idk if i like this idea, seeing as preventing players from sprinting already pretty much guarantees a stun 

seeing as you’re just lowering the bar for winning fights, i think this is off the table if there’s any plans to buff ltl or rebalance lethal weapons around an ltl mod

oh no, hes talking about actually stopping people from sprinting into you after getting hit with a strife. He's not talking about making the strife stun. Would be an interesting bonus to it's high ttk, but it might be too strong unless tuned right. (plus it's pistol switch is slow af so stunning would be difficult if you werent in a team anyways)

9 minutes ago, Zolerox said:

Osmaws that insta stun flack jacket users? yes please.

But seriously no i like the way LTL is now, just wish the pig wasn't such a crap shoot with it missing shots at 3 meters shooting center mass.

Flak Jacket also reduces the damage taken for stamina as well.  It reduces all explosion damage so so you literally couldn't be instantly stunned unless it did an absurd amount of stamina damage.  This also means Stun Grenades can't insta stun you and the OPGL CD doesn't hit as hard. 

Edited by SkittyM
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

oh no, hes talking about actually stopping people from sprinting into you after getting hit with a strife. He's not talking about making the strife stun. Would be an interesting bonus to it's high ttk, but it might be too strong unless tuned right. (plus it's pistol switch is slow af so stunning would be difficult if you werent in a team anyways)

im aware of what he's asking and it would involve either lowering the amount of stamina damage required before sprinting is disabled or giving the strife insanely high stamina damage, neither of which are a good idea

3 minutes ago, Solamente said:

im aware of what he's asking and it would involve either lowering the amount of stamina damage required before sprinting is disabled or giving the strife insanely high stamina damage, neither of which are a good idea

true.... but we're also talking one of the highest ttk weapons in the game where if you get hit, you're dead anyways from a single shot xD

1 hour ago, Noob_Guardian said:

true.... but we're also talking one of the highest ttk weapons in the game where if you get hit, you're dead anyways from a single shot xD

yeah the strifes insane burst damage is offset by its ttk and allowing it to negate your target's ability to sprint directly offsets that long ttk, despite the strifes continued nonmetaness i really dont think it needs any buffs

• Like 1

Nah, although it would have been cool if criminals also got some unique combat mechanic in the future.

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Wht cant LTL have tts similar to lethal weapon's ttk?

can you imagine all the crying about it? Getting stunned already takes you out of the game, and to my knowledge causes longer spawns. Unless they rework the spawn system as needed...

1 minute ago, Noob_Guardian said:

can you imagine all the crying about it? Getting stunned already takes you out of the game, and to my knowledge causes longer spawns. Unless they rework the spawn system as needed...

Yeah but, unlike lethal, you have to actually arrest them after the stun. So its already harder.

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Yeah but, unlike lethal, you have to actually arrest them after the stun. So its already harder.

and unlike death you can be freed if arrested.  That's like an instant respawn where you died.

5 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

The current respawn system is the same for being killed or arrested because of the respawn timers being in cycles instead of based on x amount of time when you died like the old system.