Jump to content
Lixil

Weapon Prototype Districts 1.20.0 (1158)

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, GhosT said:

What I REALLY don't understand here is that the main outrage over this gun was its range, yet you guys said you're now listening to the community more, and then decide to further increase the range?

 

Something doesn't add up.

 

sounds more like they're listening to one or two people who are supposed to be goto guys for this stuff, but who got it wrong, just like with RIOT imo.

 

LO, Whose advice was this test change? Because it wasn't "the community" and it's apparently the wrong dude to listen to for this kinda stuff, with all due respect.

You could've just asked us here instead, you would've gotten the info you needed. Like... we're right here.

Edited by SilverCrow
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, SilverCrow said:

 

sounds more like they're listening to one or two people who are supposed to be goto guys for this stuff, but who got it wrong, just like with RIOT imo.

 

LO, Whose advice was this test change? Because it wasn't "the community" and it's apparently the wrong dude to listen to for this kinda stuff, with all due respect.

You could've just asked us here instead, you would've gotten the info you needed.

It feels that they have some problems inside the company, because matt made a blogpost with completely different rebalance patch that is perfect imo

Edited by Lign

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lign said:

It feels that they have some problems inside the company, because matt made a blogpost with completely different rebalance patch that is perfect imo

yes you're right, the blog post said:

"RFP-9 - The RFP, especially the 'Fang' variety with Improved Rifling 3 is currently the go to for all long range secondary engagements. Every other alternative: ACT 44, Colby RSA etc.. is completely irrelevant. The recommended changes are:

RFP-9: drop off starts at 40m with 1.05 sec TTK"

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SilverCrow said:

yes you're right, the blog post said:

"RFP-9 - The RFP, especially the 'Fang' variety with Improved Rifling 3 is currently the go to for all long range secondary engagements. Every other alternative: ACT 44, Colby RSA etc.. is completely irrelevant. The recommended changes are:

RFP-9: drop off starts at 40m with 1.05 sec TTK"

 

 

 

That's a typo that nobody picked up on.  The RFP-9 on LIVE is currently 1.05ttk with a drop off starting at 40m.  Always was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RIOT dies and rfp is the new deadly weap ?

don t have to aim well,  shotgun and  rfp ... does pc jump in console "arcade" mod ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SkittyM said:

That's a typo that nobody picked up on.  The RFP-9 on LIVE is currently 1.05ttk with a drop off starting at 40m.  Always was.

25cc82eec99e04180f00185f0e74849a.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SkittyM said:

That's a typo that nobody picked up on.  The RFP-9 on LIVE is currently 1.05ttk with a drop off starting at 40m.  Always was.

I pick up on things that nobody else does all the time.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lign said:

25cc82eec99e04180f00185f0e74849a.png

I was replying to SilverCrow since the page explicitly says "the recommended changes are:" and follows it up with posing the current stats from LIVE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, SK4LP said:

RIOT dies and rfp is the new deadly weap ?

To be fair, it IS only a test (if you're referring to the test server stats).

Edited by SilverCrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

why use an obir when you can use RFP fang with the effective range of 72 meters, a secondary that has more range than both long range rifles in the game. 

why look into what the community complains about instead of shitting out a completely Irrelevant change to make the game shit for a couple of months and then apologize for making a mistake.

Edited by cheater

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Late to this party, so I'll go with a meme answer.

 

20LUB0sl.jpg

 

 

I'm stumped how you've come to this complicated "solution" for the RFP. It makes so little sense. Range is a very small issue if accuracy or precision are low. Given that there is nothing wrong with the RFP by being precise (i.e. able to land one shot down range), just have its accuracy degrade rapidly within a single burst so the second shot will most likely and the third most definitely will miss beyond 40m.

 

 

7 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Also, did you learn from the last time and disable all non-testing weapons in these districts? Cause if not, no actual testing is going to be getting done as the districts will be filled with premade groups trolling matches with meta guns like every other time.

What's the point about "testing" weapon changes, if you don't go against existing weapons, though? You need a natural-ish mix in a testing environment to get satisfactory results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Why not just have 'OCA Test A' and 'OCA Test B' in one test district. We may not have enough interest or population to test 2 districts just for one OCA change.

Edited by illgot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Lixil said:

Prototype District A:

- RFP-9 Adjustments:

     o   Health damage from 133 to 110

     o   Drop-off range from 40m to 65m

     o   Minimum damage range from 65m to 76m

     o   Magazine size from 21 to 24

- OCA Adjustments:

     o   Fire Interval from 0.092 to 0.1 seconds

     o   Accuracy Recovery from 5.675 to 5.15

     o   Overall Shot Modifier Cap from 0.65 to 0.7

So what i understand from this(correct me if im worng)Rfp 9 dmg will decrease a bit but gonna make dmg further than now plus bigger clip?Like whats the point of these changes..i dont think is very normal this pistol to hits so far but anyway.About oca firerate decreases a bit but the weapon becomes more accurate?Idk overall this changes r not bad(if i got everything correct)but with all the problems this game have idk if is the time to play with this things..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SKay said:

Just for anyone who is curious, I've done the math.

 

a747c80f70a94f11b869da52d113699a.png

And it creates a graph like this:

 

PwQFv9Y.png

 

Orange is the proposed changes at range, blue is the current range. Range is at the bottom.

In short:

The proposed changes will mean the RFP-9 will take a longer time to kill, but will be able to reach out a much longer range in tandem. It's magazine capacity is of no consequence immediately.

It will become more useful than the rsa series as it will have similar range, similar ttk, but a lot more forgiving.

 

Unless the 3 shots from the rfp all fire at separate angles making it impossible to land all 3 shots on a target past 50 meters the rfp will be remain too powerful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn that drop off rate has APB wanting to turn us all into courthouse security guards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whats the issue with the rfp currently? Its always been a 3 burst to kill, which I like about the secondary. Now that its 4, that kinda sucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if ur gonna make braindead changes like this u might as well bring sprint shooting back along with the old rfp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh look a thread that says "we are putting these here to test, please test them" which is followed by people saying "these changes suck" despite not testing it ...

it's almost as if everyone wants things to change for the better but purely want to rely on incomplete information to perfectly balance everything ... 

just test and give actual feedback back and then LO will adjust things again and eventually we will have a whole load of perfectly balance weapons that we can all enjoy or you could could all moan about everything that ever gets given to you, miserable sods. 

  • Thanks 2
  • Dislike 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, killerskull said:

Whats the issue with the rfp currently? Its always been a 3 burst to kill, which I like about the secondary. Now that its 4, that kinda sucks.

The problem with the RFP is that it is a secondary that has a similar role but better TTK than the primary versions (FFA/OBIR). With these new changes, a RFP wouldn't statistically outclass the primary but I think they should increase the bloom drastically to make it more of a challenge. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Lixil said:

- OCA Adjustments:

     o   Fire Interval from 0.092 to 0.1 seconds

     o   Accuracy Recovery from 5.675 to 5.15

     o   Overall Shot Modifier Cap from 0.65 to 0.7

 

17 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

About oca firerate decreases a bit but the weapon becomes more accurate?

To sum up the OCA changes:

-it fires slower

-it recovers accuracy at a worse rate now

-it's max bloom (or shot modifier cap) is now higher, so a bit longer to return to starting accuracy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Seadee said:

Oh look a thread that says "we are putting these here to test, please test them" which is followed by people saying "these changes suck" despite not testing it ...

it's almost as if everyone wants things to change for the better but purely want to rely on incomplete information to perfectly balance everything ... 

just test and give actual feedback back and then LO will adjust things again and eventually we will have a whole load of perfectly balance weapons that we can all enjoy or you could could all moan about everything that ever gets given to you, miserable sods. 

Would be better if they mailed everyone these test weapons to test in the actual districts.  Splitting our all ready tiny population more is a bad idea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Basih said:

The problem with the RFP is that it is a secondary that has a similar role but better TTK than the primary versions (FFA/OBIR). With these new changes, a RFP wouldn't statistically outclass the primary but I think they should increase the bloom drastically to make it more of a challenge. 

 

The problem Ive alwys found is that oca/pmg and others for close range are king, cqc to medium is the joker and ntec and then long range is just the hvr. Obir and obeya are weak. I think the entire map design and weapon ranges dont leave much room for obir and obeya. IF I wanted to go long range, Id pick the hvr. If mid, ntec or joker. The only time I pick up obir is when I wanna have fun and dont care about the kills. But that means performing subpar. I think thats the issue why its so hard to balance these secondaries. I dont even wanna use act44 and rsa cause their accuracy sucks balls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Seadee said:

Oh look a thread that says "we are putting these here to test, please test them" which is followed by people saying "these changes suck" despite not testing it ...

There's sounding bad on paper and then there's a downright terrible idea through and through. The shotgun changes for me at least sounds like a bizarre idea on paper but it's one I'm waiting to test before reaching an actual conclusion. This on the other hand is a terrible idea no matter how you look at it, and I've seen a video of the test RFP which further backs this up

 

The number one complaint about the RFP is how it's effective at range, and what happens? They buff it's range (for whatever reason). Doesn't really need testing to see how that'll turn out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, killerskull said:

 

The problem Ive alwys found is that oca/pmg and others for close range are king, cqc to medium is the joker and ntec and then long range is just the hvr. Obir and obeya are weak. I think the entire map design and weapon ranges dont leave much room for obir and obeya. IF I wanted to go long range, Id pick the hvr. If mid, ntec or joker. The only time I pick up obir is when I wanna have fun and dont care about the kills. But that means performing subpar. I think thats the issue why its so hard to balance these secondaries. I dont even wanna use act44 and rsa cause their accuracy sucks balls.

Did I just read that Obeya (!) and Obir are weak?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

There's sounding bad on paper and then there's a downright terrible idea through and through. The shotgun changes for me at least sounds like a bizarre idea on paper but it's one I'm waiting to test before reaching an actual conclusion. This on the other hand is a terrible idea no matter how you look at it, and I've seen a video of the test RFP which further backs this up

 

The number one complaint about the RFP is how it's effective at range, and what happens? They buff it's range (for whatever reason). Doesn't really need testing to see how that'll turn out

1v1 with no targets moving doesn't really tell the player much.  Having tested it prior, im more curious to see how it handles in an actual life fire scenario than in some shooting range one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...