blockblack

Suggest permanent solutions to de-threating right here...

Make threat hidden and de-segregate districts, the population is way too low to segregate threat let alone have four separate threat tiers but we all know nothing like that will ever happen and the game will continue to bleed population lmao.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, indi said:

Make threat hidden and de-segregate districts, the population is way too low to segregate threat let alone have four separate threat tiers but we all know nothing like that will ever happen and the game will continue to bleed population lmao.

Removing visible threat seems to be the plan for 3.5, and phasing means no more threat based districts. 

I guess the real question is will APB survive til then. 

Getting higher (yet unarchieved) threats must be much more harder. Loosing threats must be much harder too. But once the player archieves higher threat, it must be much easier to get the higher threat back again.

After holding a gold threat for a long time enough, the threat becomes locked, and player gets a new title, and completes archievement, and also Id suggest permanent character wide Ntec (cops-bane/crime splayer) so ppl rly proof that they are worthy of being gold, and so they dont suffer from it in no way. Its also something that people would work towards in long term, which is great.

Id suggest 15 active weeks of being gold should be enough.

Active week means the player must play at least 1h of missions a week. The active weeks count do not reset after not being active, but resets when getting silver.

I dont agree with invisible threats as I need to know who I am dealing with. Invisible threats would work if there was much higher playerbase so the matmaking would make a rly ballanced teams, so nobody needs to worry about a skill level of opp player... which is not the case in this game. In every single good game its important to know the threat of your opps.

Just imagine playing LoL for example. Knowing the lvl of the player, and xp on his champ is good to keep in mind.

Edited by AxeTurboAgresor

On 8/10/2019 at 12:17 PM, Rat1oNRUs said:

maybe lock new players a disrict untill they have a certain amount of hours to get a hang of the game without having to play vs high ranks?

Been saying something similar to this forever,. But instead of trying anything, it's just the same tired excuses of low pop.

Why not try something different each week and tweak it?

Were talking about really simple stuff of just making lvl 40 or 50 locked in Green District so they can learn the game away from Hardcore dethreaters and especially the clans that do this. 

On 8/10/2019 at 12:58 PM, Uhtdred said:

trainees/green/bronzes and silvers should automatically join bronze districts. And only r150+ silvers should be able to join silver district.

REMOVE "ADVANCED TAB" and make it MAIN TAB.

new people doesn't know they must choose "advanced" in order to join districts.

PLEASE, i have been asking for this for the last 4 years.

Exactly been saying this as well.

But we try Nothing.

5 minutes ago, Havana said:

Been saying something similar to this forever,. But instead of trying anything, it's just the same tired excuses of low pop.

it's not an excuse, it's a valid explanation. if this game had +1000 players, the current system would work. this system is not meant for ~300 players.

13 hours ago, SquirrelFace said:

Every 3rd or 4th mission I run into a dethreater in the silver districts. Often it's whole clans dedicated to it. It feels like LO are ignoring the problem, but I think the actual issue is those dethreaters don't get reported enough due to new players not knowing how to use the /report command.

Yup, there is a very large Crim clan on Jericho who all play and dethreat nightly. I believe they may have just changed their name again. The most well known one for this has a different clan tag now.

8 minutes ago, blockblack said:

I quit posting in this forum since no one respects my topics...

Dont get discouraged.

We can be harsh here, but its mostly in jest.

Try to learn from those who replied, and go from there.

On 8/10/2019 at 1:01 PM, Ohshii said:

Ive said it a million times on these forums, threat segregation only works on high pop games. There's a handful of ways to fix dethreating and LO is taking the "Do nothing" route which is hands down the worst way to go about it.

And yah, lets ban more people due to the games mechanics being the issue to lower the population even more. Idiots, idiots everywhere.

ayyyyy Just what I was about to say!

People think other de-threat to play with lower-tier players to instantly win against sadly this just isn't true. Those who do de-threat want to play with other people, none uses the gold districts and there is still a small number in silver districts. There are just so many variables to take note in a good ranking system but the first thing you are gonna need is a player base and APB just doesn't have it.

Now you just got to figure out how to rank up correctly, and everyone learns differently what would be kinda funny is if you let people choose how they ranked up (time, kills deaths, wins, and losses) so none could complain lolz

No doubt give it a whirl, a good start might be taking out the three ranked districts and tossing literally everyone into a pool of the two location districts. Start from the lowest tier you can think off Bronze and make a bronze tier list 1-10 (this is gonna sound familiar) and work your way up to Gold. Hurray since you have so many ranks in between your Main set rank (Gold, silver, bronze) there will be more people playing against each other of the same rank tier.

Edited by Fruitini
  • Like 1

Completely scratch the current threat/skill ranking system for a more competitive one where being top threat/rank requires much more than now + phasing. If you still want to dethreat below your real own skill level then, that just calls for a ban.

Sorry @CookiePuss but just because it says so dont mean they gonna follow it. You must be a enforcer cause no criminal follows rule. I don't know how, when, or where you grew up, but yea no....Just cause it says in rules dont mean people will follow it, 11 players have been banned for this stupid rule and they have told their friends that used to casually play apb to quit and find a new game...1 player gets banned from dethreating, they tell their other friends and you banned one but you lost another 30 players, nice job. At this rate apb gonna be so dead that elvis wont be able to breathe anymore. gg (yes i know elvis is dead)

Edited by AquaSensei
typos and realism