Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Hunt

New Clothing Items

Recommended Posts

On 8/8/2019 at 2:15 PM, Alani said:

I'm pretty sure the special clothing the contacts wear can be turned into player character clothing items. just depends on whether or not people will actually work on them or not

The outfits worn by Action District contacts are created with "player"-clothes. The outfits worn by the Social District faction fixers are supposedly part of their model, i.e. one single asset. Turning them into individual, usable items might not be an oh so trivial task.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there,

 

Reading through this thread, I like the idea of splitting up the clothing off Social contacts so they can be usable pieces for players.

Previous replies are correct: the Social contacts have a different setup so those assets wont come directly across, but I believe they can be adapted.

 

Personally, I'm a fan of Double B's double shotgun harness... possibly Akiko's katana harness.

 

Thanks,
Matt

  • Like 12
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MattScott said:

possibly Akiko's katana harness.

oh no

 

he said it

 

soon™️ everyone and their mother will be saying that 'youre already dead' meme and wearing katana sheaths

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, MattScott said:

possibly Akiko's katana harness.

Neckbeards assemble!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
 
58 minutes ago, MattScott said:

... possibly Akiko's katana harness.

 

 

You'd make a million bucks in sales just from the Katana. Weebs will be buying it in droves. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2019 at 9:37 PM, GhosT said:

 

Flaws config aka I turned everything to low in advanced launcher and called it mine

Pretty much yeah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi there,

 

Reading through this thread, I like the idea of splitting up the clothing off Social contacts so they can be usable pieces for players.

Previous replies are correct: the Social contacts have a different setup so those assets wont come directly across, but I believe they can be adapted.

 

Personally, I'm a fan of Double B's double shotgun harness... possibly Akiko's katana harness.

 

Thanks,
Matt

You're the boss! 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi there,

 

Reading through this thread, I like the idea of splitting up the clothing off Social contacts so they can be usable pieces for players.

Previous replies are correct: the Social contacts have a different setup so those assets wont come directly across, but I believe they can be adapted.

 

Personally, I'm a fan of Double B's double shotgun harness... possibly Akiko's katana harness.

 

Thanks,
Matt

A question for us 3D Artist "nerds..."

By "having a different setup" - I imagine this means they are built and textured with a more traditional method - i.e. their own texture sheet and unique geometry to fit with the model, vs the player customization asset method (which has the texture overlaid over a certain portion of the character's UV iirc, and the mesh generally "morphs" the base player vs being a unique model on top)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Nitronik said:

A question for us 3D Artist "nerds..."

By "having a different setup" - I imagine this means they are built and textured with a more traditional method - i.e. their own texture sheet and unique geometry to fit with the model, vs the player customization asset method (which has the texture overlaid over a certain portion of the character's UV iirc, and the mesh generally "morphs" the base player vs being a unique model on top)

Im 90% sure that he was referring to how the items are rigged.  Texture space and layout are a non-issue with converting things, its just a rebuilding process.    Afaik APB does not have clothing physics so Charlotte's skirt and Sofia's coat are just not possible with the current character rigging system.  La Rocha's gun will also probably never appear simply because of what it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imo sticking an OCA onto your belt might be a bit over the top...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2019 at 11:20 AM, SkittyM said:

Im 90% sure that he was referring to how the items are rigged.  Texture space and layout are a non-issue with converting things, its just a rebuilding process.    Afaik APB does not have clothing physics so Charlotte's skirt and Sofia's coat are just not possible with the current character rigging system.  La Rocha's gun will also probably never appear simply because of what it is.

make em stable . . .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2019 at 7:49 PM, SkittyM said:

It was more because it was a very complex item and wouldn't work at all on a player character.  The jiggly bits you see on it when she turns around are actual hard coded animation, not actual physics since APB doesn't support clothing physics. 

Welp, there go my dreams of being a cowgirl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lammashta said:

Welp, there go my dreams of being a cowgirl.

0Epcrd1.png

 

Questionable dreams...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2019 at 12:47 PM, Hunt said:

I'm sorry if something similar has been posted recently, but I was wondering what everyone thinks about the addition of these clothing items that the Social contacts have, or anything similar for that matter.

 

Ko9aEEH.png

 

It's more the belt items I'm interested in.

The cuffs and the SMG/SMG magazines as belt accessories would be quite cool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2019 at 1:01 AM, MattScott said:

Hi there,

 

Reading through this thread, I like the idea of splitting up the clothing off Social contacts so they can be usable pieces for players.

Previous replies are correct: the Social contacts have a different setup so those assets wont come directly across, but I believe they can be adapted.

 

Personally, I'm a fan of Double B's double shotgun harness... possibly Akiko's katana harness.

 

Thanks,
Matt


I've been waiting for Akiko's harness for years and years!

@MattScott Please make sure it works with the jackets/coats and other wearable items, because at the moment it's mostly only arrows that work - most other backpacks removes your outer-coat/armor.
There's a lot of "layer" conflicts, where the items look like they'd be perfectly usable together, but aren't - so generally that'd be nice to see fixed on multiple items (if you need help to pinpoint, just say so).

PEpEAUh.png

 

VHAiEaQ.png

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...