Sign in to follow this  
Lign

More ways to get jt

Being able to buy permanents for JT is a very good step in reviving the game but we have very few ways to obtain JT. As far as I know we can obtain only 1850JT per week by completing everything except RIOT. It's not enough. It's about 5-6 weeks of farming to buy 3 slotted gun for only one character. We're not in mid 00s when wasting a lot of time on grinding in mmorpg was a usual thing.

Edited by Lign
  • Like 2

people still grind a lot, probably even more if I look at all those Asia grinders that exist now compared to the mid 00's

And 5-6 weeks for a permagun is not that much at all, thats like 10 guns a year, it helps newer players a lot if they can afford the basic to go guns like N-tec and H-NVR in like half a year without having to rerelease them.

Just now, LilyV3 said:

people still grind a lot, probably even more if I look at all those Asia grinders that exist now compared to the mid 00's

And 5-6 weeks for a permagun is not that much at all, thats like 10 guns a year, it helps newer players a lot if they can afford the basic to go guns like N-tec and H-NVR in like half a year without having to rerelease them.

New players even those who knows how to get JT will barely get 500-800jt weekly

1 minute ago, LilyV3 said:

That works in the case where you can full time apb, which isn't everyone's case 

7 minutes ago, Takotak said:

That works in the case where you can full time apb, which isn't everyone's case 

I didn't full time APB when I was new and back then FC's needed a lot more time to furfill their tasks.

The only bad move G1 did was reducing FC JT's when they made contact JT's. This is bad for new players because they cannot access the Contacts dailies before maxing the contacts.

So in the end all LO would need to do is up JT's again a bit from the FC's or add beacon back as  a third one and there is one more way to get JT's. but even the current situation makes it well possible to get the guns in a reasonable time.

• Thanks 1

Just now, LilyV3 said:

I didn't full time APB when I was new and back then FC's needed a lot more time to furfill their tasks.

The only bad move G1 did was reducing FC JT's when they made contact JT's. This is bad for new players because they cannot access the Contacts dailies before maxing the contacts.

So in the end all LO would need to do is up JT's again a bit from the FC's or add beacon back as  a third one and there is one more way to get JT's. but even the current situation makes it well possible to get the guns in a reasonable time.

Oh, I forgot G1 reduced JT from FC. That would be ideal if LO buffs it back

Dude..

Its permament weapons. 

You are not supposed to get them easily.

10 weapons / year? Its more than any f2p player could wish for!

Just for Joker Vegas you need 10k JTs. Everybody had to grind for it. For weeks. And its ok like that.

You guys just never get enough dont you?

You can still buy them for real money u know..?

• Like 6

LO should seriously consider bringing back the daily events we used to have once or at least introducing some sort of daily login rewards. 

They can tweak the list of rewards to avoid multi-accounting abuse, but they can and should keep Jocker Tickets as one of the possible rewards.

Besides, people would have a reason (more) to log in.

I am surprised that's still not a thing in APB.

• Like 1

3 slot weapon in serveral weeks? or spend $20 for it.

no one is forcing you to farm JT....

Edited by Deadliest

9 minutes ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

Dude..

Its permament weapons. 

Just for Joker Vegas you need 10k JTs. Everybody had to grind for it. For weeks. And its ok like that.

Grinding something for 6 weeks is okay if it feels unique. Comparing to the modern grinds from other games, in fortnite you need 6 weeks to complete the whole new season, not just getting something one. If we get back into 00s, in vanilla wow you had to spend 2 months of grinding to get the special atiesh. Or 2 months of grinding rep for the scarab lord. But here it's just a usual weapon.

I got the impression from Matt's posts that this change to the joker store is just one of many game changes to come. 

But as to the ease in collecting JT, it's always going to be about finding the balance between allowing access to permanent weapons without paying irl$ and not making them so easy to obtain as to remove the incentive for players to both pay for premium and purchase weapons from ARMAS. 

I personally don't see the current prices for say permanent 3 slot weapons to be a problem. Though to be fair, I'm no economist. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I got the impression from Matt's posts that this change to the joker store is just one of many game changes to come. 

But as to the ease in collecting JT, it's always going to be about finding the balance between allowing access to permanent weapons without paying irl$ and not making them so easy to obtain as to remove the incentive for players to both pay for premium and purchase weapons from ARMAS. 

I personally don't see the current prices for say permanent 3 slot weapons to be a problem. Though to be fair, I'm no economist. 

I think they have to implement something similar to innova. On innova every month players with the highest score points in action districts get a big amount of jt. It would be a good feature to make players busy and working on something while we're waiting the new engine

Edited by Lign

9 minutes ago, Lign said:

I think they have to implement something similar to innova. On innova every month players with the highest score points in action districts get a big amount of jt. It would be a good feature to make players busy and working on something while we're waiting the new engine

That's not a bad idea.

Probably wouldn't hurt to give players a goal beyond just ranking up.

Just now, CookiePuss said:

That's not a bad idea.

Probably wouldn't hurt to give players a goal beyond just ranking up.

It also fixed a bad matchmaking by itself. Because good players were grinding points in silver districts and basically every mission was premade vs premade while silvers and fake golds were moved to bronze

1 hour ago, Lign said:

but we have very few ways to obtain JT. As far as I know we can obtain only 1850JT per week by completing everything except RIOT. It's not enough.

We are talking about permanent weapons, that used to be only available on armas where you have to pay like 20€ for each gun... 

I don't get why people are never pleased about sth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LilyV3 said:

Exactly what I had in thoughts about adding beacon as a third fc, in which we could additionally earn jts. And yes of course setting the old jt amount would also be cool.

4 hours ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

Dude..

Its permament weapons. 

+1 on this

If it's free but hard to get. Grind your patootie for it tbh, or get the credit card out

EDIT: Also...the harder the JT the more people play. the quicker u get things the more you feel like not playing. 
So if LO make it harder people will have to grind more

Edited by Keshi
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lign said:

system already exists ... its how they gave out prizes in RTW before G1 scrapped it.

Clans and Players have or at least HAD a score that was tracked, weekly and possibly monthly (i cant remember now) and you would get a mail with an item, better you did the better the prize pool your item came from, i tended to sell them on the market for premium currency. 

SOOoooo logically, if the code is still there, re-enable it and the scoreboard, dump out the JT's as prizes.

Edited by Seadee

1 hour ago, Lign said:

Grinding something for 6 weeks is okay if it feels unique. Comparing to the modern grinds from other games, in fortnite you need 6 weeks to complete the whole new season, not just getting something one. If we get back into 00s, in vanilla wow you had to spend 2 months of grinding to get the special atiesh. Or 2 months of grinding rep for the scarab lord. But here it's just a usual weapon.

World of warcraft was also subscription based. You payed 10$ per month and *still* had to grind to get stuff.

APB is free to play, but instead you can pay real world money to get cosmetic items and weapons. If you invest 10$ per month then you don't need to grind 6 weeks to get a new weapon. 

that it *also* offer people a chance to earn permanent weapons for free just by playing the game is a good thing. It will vastly reduce the perception that the game might be Pay to Win (that some new player might feel when they see veteran players with 3 slotted weapons and level 3 character mods). 

27 minutes ago, Bishada8800 said:

World of warcraft was also subscription based. You payed 10$ per month and *still* had to grind to get stuff.

APB is free to play, but instead you can pay real world money to get cosmetic items and weapons. If you invest 10$ per month then you don't need to grind 6 weeks to get a new weapon. 

that it *also* offer people a chance to earn permanent weapons for free just by playing the game is a good thing. It will vastly reduce the perception that the game might be Pay to Win (that some new player might feel when they see veteran players with 3 slotted weapons and level 3 character mods). 

Why did you mention wow is sub based like we get all items on easy mode. There was a grind fest in 00s in wow when you had to work hardly to obtain legendary items but they were legendary unique items. In apb most weapons that we can buy for 10k jt are either shit or a reskin and we have to grind for it

Edited by Lign

I remember being so excited for getting my first perma weapon after years of playing tho RAF event. Now I am working, and I own most of the weapons, but damn, if I got a chance to get a weapon this way years ago, even if it was 1 weapon / year, I would be so happy. Nowhere is written that that you gotta to collect em all.

Just like @CookiePuss mentioned, Its all about finding that balance. And I think that the prices are more than fair. 

3 hours ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

Dude..

Its permament weapons. 

^This
APB Community is mentally ill

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bambola said:

LO should seriously consider bringing back the daily events we used to have once or at least introducing some sort of daily login rewards. 

They can tweak the list of rewards to avoid multi-accounting abuse, but they can and should keep Jocker Tickets as one of the possible rewards.

Besides, people would have a reason (more) to log in.

I am surprised that's still not a thing in APB.

Yeah those were a lot of fun, please no teamkill event again though.

4 hours ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

Dude..

Its permament weapons. 

unless you are unable to have a job or are located in an area with poor conversion rates, buying them with money is going to be cheaper in the long run since 1-3 hours or work can buy you the equivalent weapon.

I feel for kids who are not allowed to work or unable due to their location (living miles away from any real jobs they can work.

5 hours ago, Lign said:

We're not in mid 00s when wasting a lot of time on grinding in mmorpg was a usual thing.

yeah its more time than that now

phones everywhere to play games non stop 😃

Edited by Fortune Runner

Sign in to follow this