Sign in to follow this  
Zian

An open letter to MattScott and Lixil

35 minutes ago, Zian said:

You didn't specify who had the insidious plans. You simple said that "No one had insidious plans to kill the game". Which is not factual, otherwise there wouldn't be hackers creating unstable servers.

context is key, everything before and after “there’s no insidious plan to kill the game” was directly about little orbit and their business practices

The CM takes orders from the CEO. With how small the LO team seems to be, I wouldn't doubt if there's a direct line of communication between the two. Besides simply announcing things, it's a representatives job to stay aware of the frustrations in the community.

what does this have to do with my comparison of g1 communication vs little orbit communication?

you’re correct that as a CM tiggs should have done more than simply announce sales

my point was that mattscott has been just as present (if not more) as tiggs, except with actual meaningful information 

You simply highlighted the flaws I am trying to point out in a simpler way, thank you for that assistance.

seeing as i’ve pointed out nothing but common sense, at least in my opinion, i’m not sure what you’re getting at tbh

my contributions thus far have been:

-little orbit is aware of the numerous issues that affect apb

-little orbit is working to resolve many of those issues

-little orbit wants apb to be a profitable ip

-little orbit is doing better than g1 in most aspects

Edited by Glaciers
typo

Game would have equally declined as much under G1 if people werent so blind to see that things werent changing. When a new company comes in they expect things to change at the snap of some fingers and bam game fixed, but thats not how it works. So people see that things arent changing the way and like and complain or leave.
Nothing new is happening here because of LO. Game may have been offline by now if G1 was in charge.

SPCT - San Paro City TESTER.

Not role model.
Not community cheer leader
Not moral support
Not Helper

Being a Tester has 0 to do with their personality as player with above average involvement in the game.

5 minutes ago, UubeNubeh DaWog said:

Game would have equally declined as much under G1 if people werent so blind to see that things werent changing. When a new company comes in they expect things to change at the snap of some fingers and bam game fixed, but thats not how it works. So people see that things arent changing the way and like and complain or leave.
Nothing new is happening here because of LO. Game may have been offline by now if G1 was in charge.

SPCT - San Paro City TESTER.

Not role model.
Not community cheer leader
Not moral support
Not Helper

Being a Tester has 0 to do with their personality as player with above average involvement in the game.

It's a privilege.

And if you abuse others while in a position of privilege, that privilege should be removed.

Also, I didn't expect things to be done at the snap of my fingers. I just expect positive results regarding issues that have plagued this game prior to it being purchased.

9 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

context is key, everything before and after “there’s no insidious plan to kill the game” was directly about little orbit and their business practices

what does this have to do with my comparison of g1 communication vs little orbit communication?

you’re correct that as a CM tiggs should have done more than simply announce sales

my point was that mattscott has been just as present (if not more) as tiggs, except with actual meaningful information 

seeing as i’ve pointed out nothing but common sense, at least in my opinion, i’m not sure what you’re getting at tbh

my contributions thus far have been:

-little orbit is aware of the numerous issues that affect apb

-little orbit is working to resolve many of those issues

-little orbit wants apb to be a profitable ip

-little orbit is doing better than g1 in most aspects

Tiggs actually did do some things differently than the current CM, or any other GM. She'd often abide by most rules of conduct which shackled her. But there have been times where she would directly ban a cheater publicly to show good faith to the community. She also was quick to acknowledge when the servers were unstable, and apologized for such. 

The only meaningful information delivered thus far, has been how they are developing the EU. Which has be revealed in the past by others, over and over again. With where Tiggs failed however, others would do better to see those flaws and excel in mending.

The only thing you're doing is repeating what they've already said, and what I am aware of. Though what I am pointing out is that Little Orbit is falling down the same rabbit hole faster than G1 did when it came to the issues of this game.

4 minutes ago, Zian said:

But there have been times where she would directly ban a cheater publicly to show good faith to the community

lul don’t forget all the legits she banned too 

and straight up up lying to the community 

good faith indeed 

5 minutes ago, Zian said:

She also was quick to acknowledge when the servers were unstable, and apologized for such. 

orbit has been pretty upfront about server issues as well

6 minutes ago, Zian said:

The only meaningful information delivered thus far, has been how they are developing the EU. Which has be revealed in the past by others, over and over again. With where Tiggs failed however, others would do better to see those flaws and excel in mending.

if that’s the only information that you consider meaningful then i suppose i can see how you think orbit is no different from g1

8 minutes ago, Zian said:

The only thing you're doing is repeating what they've already said, and what I am aware of. Though what I am pointing out is that Little Orbit is falling down the same rabbit hole faster than G1 did when it came to the issues of this game.

what else is there for me to do? your assertion is that orbit is following the same path as g1 when it’s clear (to me at least) that they aren’t, and seem to be intentionally trying not to

1 minute ago, Glaciers said:

lul don’t forget all the legits she banned too 

and straight up up lying to the community 

good faith indeed 

orbit has been pretty upfront about server issues as well

if that’s the only information that you consider meaningful then i suppose i can see how you think orbit is no different from g1

what else is there for me to do? your assertion is that orbit is following the same path as g1 when it’s clear (to me at least) that they aren’t, and seem to be intentionally trying not to

There were times, where he job as a CM required her to be less than honest. That's something that should be remembered always.

However with some of the legit players, that was also due to how they simply treated her. Beyond her tough facade that she brought to the forums, she wasn't without giving someone due respect or the chance to show respect. If she banned some players who were legitimate, it's because they were crude in their delivery and likely offended her. I'm not her biggest supporting, please don't assume such. 

I appreciate that you're championing on behalf of LO, but it's LO's job to uphold their own reputation as they make bold claims to bringing on change to a game that was in desperate need . As it stands, the game is still in desperate need of attention.

8 minutes ago, Zian said:

It's a privilege.

And if you abuse others while in a position of privilege, that privilege should be removed.

Also, I didn't expect things to be done at the snap of my fingers. I just expect positive results regarding issues that have plagued this game prior to it being purchased.

Tiggs actually did do some things differently than the current CM, or any other GM. She'd often abide by most rules of conduct which shackled her. But there have been times where she would directly ban a cheater publicly to show good faith to the community. She also was quick to acknowledge when the servers were unstable, and apologized for such. 

команда LO окружила себя странными людьми .

личное мнение - печенью не место на форуме . я не видел ничего толкового от него .

3 minutes ago, Yood said:

команда LO окружила себя странными людьми .

личное мнение - печенью не место на форуме . я не видел ничего толкового от него .

As I do not understand what you typed, I had to resort to a google translator.

I am assuming you're sending me a supportive message, and it is appreciated. 

I understand the forums at times can be the worst place to post things. But I have seen it become effective in the past with communicating to the teams involved with this game.

Just now, Zian said:

I am assuming you're sending me a supportive message

у вас очень развито воображение и самолюбие . 

я высказываю свое личное мнение . не больше .

3 minutes ago, Yood said:

у вас очень развито воображение и самолюбие . 

я высказываю свое личное мнение . не больше .

Given the language barrier, anyone would confuse what you are saying.

Implying delusion gains you no merit, considering that I am sure half of what you type is ignored anyways.

40 minutes ago, Zian said:

I appreciate that you're championing on behalf of LO, but it's LO's job to uphold their own reputation as they make bold claims to bringing on change to a game that was in desperate need . As it stands, the game is still in desperate need of attention.

that just brings us right back around full circle - do you really think orbit is unaware that the game is not doing well?

8 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

that just brings us right back around full circle - do you really think orbit is unaware that the game is not doing well?

If you choose to read. I have stated in prior posts that I don't think they are unaware. Simply choosing to ignore the current issues the game is facing.

1 minute ago, Zian said:

If you choose to read. I have stated in prior posts that I don't think they are unaware. Simply choosing to ignore the current issues the game is facing.

we’re still going in circles - why would a company looking for profit purposefully tank their product?

5 hours ago, Zian said:

Yeah I logged in yesterday. Essentially the entire game was a ghost town for a few hours with populations Jericho server in the single digits.

After that period of time things picked up, but it was still pathetic numbers. Some definitely hacking, others attempting to play legit. But of course it wasn't as though legit players really stood a chance.

This game has tanked worse under your management compared to the prior ownership, and it shows by your poor moderation to combat the cheating. Easily there can be a GM sitting in, and watching the district with how the population was. That action alone would generate good faith in players who are veterans to this game and have invested in its future in the past.

In its current state, I would vomit from the idea of giving any of my money to its development while a blind eye is being turned to its long lived primary problem. Fix it, or you have simply made a hollow investment to contribute to its death.

No matter how much you throw glitter on the game, it'll still be fecal matter with the lack of attention you're actually giving it. Instead of pandering to what's left of the games players with extra game modes, acknowledge a problem and admit that it's something that needs to be dealt with.

This probable came off as harsh, but it's out of appreciation for something that I have made lifelong friends and memories on while playing. To see it sink in the way that it has is heartbreaking.

From what some on the forums said , Jericho had server trouble of some sort yesterday.

As for your personal experience , I honestly doubt you ran into hackers.

Since I play on bronze as well as silver and have not seen anyone suspicious in around a  month now.

15 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

From what some on the forums said , Jericho had server trouble of some sort yesterday.

As for your personal experience , I honestly doubt you ran into hackers.

Since I play on bronze as well as silver and have not seen anyone suspicious in around a  month now.

Different experiences I suppose. Which server do you play on?

Just now, Zian said:

Different experiences I suppose. Which server do you play on?

Jericho.

Bronze and silver.

Just now, Fortune Runner said:

Jericho.

Bronze and silver.

Oh greetings fellow Jericho.

Were you logged in yesterday?

Just now, Zian said:

Oh greetings fellow Jericho.

Were you logged in yesterday?

Was getting work done so I coudlnt.

Read how the server was having trouble

11 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

Was getting work done so I coudlnt.

Read how the server was having trouble

Yes it was a mess.

And it was highly likely that there were a few script kiddies running about. Especially since the same low rank individuals were repeatedly going 5 stars, in a district full of high ranking players. That alone is evidence for me to question the legitimacy of some. I did my part and reported them as one should. Beyond that I tried to have fun in any way that I could.

When the game is completely unplayable, but there are players still winning at an increased advantage you should never discredit the idea that they may be utilizing third party assistance. So we'll agree to disagree.

Edited by Zian

Just now, Zian said:

Yes it was a mess.

And it was highly likely that there were a few script kiddies running about. Especially since the same low rank individuals were repeatedly going 5 stars, in a district full of high ranking players. That alone is evidence for me to question the legitimacy of some. I did my part and reported them as one should. Beyond that I tried to have fun in any way that I could.

When the game is completely unplayable, but there  are players still winning at an increased advantage you should never discredit the idea that they may be utilizing third party assistance. So we'll agree to disagree.

Anyone can get 5 star notoriety its easy to.

cops arrest crims 

crims ram raid and trash the city.

some people have good graphics cards so the lag is less noticeable to them.

A GTX 1050 TI or higher is advisable. ( newegg.com price around 140.00 )

its why on laggy days it does not hit me as hard as others.

13 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

cops arrest crims 

Out of respect, I have witnessed some things in the past thanks to a former friend allowing me to sit audience to their game play while they played on an alternate account.

Needless to say I am no longer their friend, but I am also not convinced in any form that good graphics cards are the only contributing factor for those people winning.

Edited by Zian
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Zian said:

And it was highly likely that there were a few script kiddies running about. Especially since the same low rank individuals were repeatedly going 5 stars, in a district full of high ranking players.

I'm no expert but I...I don't think that's how it work

29 minutes ago, Zian said:

specially since the same low rank individuals were repeatedly going 5 stars, in a district full of high ranking players. That alone is evidence for me to question the legitimacy of some. I did my part and reported them as one should

and people wonder why support is slow 

26 minutes ago, Zian said:

Out of respect, I have witnessed some things in the past thanks to a former friend allowing me to sit audience to their game play while they played on an alternate account.

Needless to say I am no longer their friend, but I am also not convinced in any form that good graphics cards are the only contributing factor for those people winning.

Well since we are sharing stories.....

A long time ago the clan I am in let a particular girl in.

one day she admitted to it but then it got weirder than that.

she punched her laptop because her boyfriend got mad at her because she was cheating on him with a girl.

That girl got mad at her as well by the way.

later she punched her laptop again while we were all playing because then they started seeing each other and blew her off.

she killed it.

my story is worse I  win..... by the way I'm not trolling , I give you all my word it did happen.

ok back on topic.

no anti cheat is 100% effective ; it is impossible to do so.

some people on here have comps that are a minimum of  3,000 American dollars and share their builds.

in bronze and silver I  have not seen anyone suspicious lately but that obviously does not mean they do not exist.

Little Orbit changed anti cheats because they believe in doing good for  APB.

One final thing : everyone please make sure to not blame Little Orbit for what cheaters chose to do to Little Orbit. It is not fair to blame a victim.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Zian said:

Especially since the same low rank individuals were repeatedly going 5 stars, in a district full of high ranking players. That alone is evidence for me to question the legitimacy of some. I did my part and reported them as one should. 

I'm not sure what's funnier, the fact that you've equated rank with skill, or the fact that you admit to reporting players for cheating simply because they were earning N5/P5.

Is this bait?

Are you trolling us?

If nothing else maybe LO will read this and redirect all your reports right into the trash. 

36 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

cops arrest crims 

Had a gtx970 die on me and used an old gtx770 for a few weeks. 

Zero change in performance. 

I then swapped the gtx770 out for an OC'd rtx2060.

Zero change in performance. 

APB cares next to nothing for your GPU. 

22 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

Well since we are sharing stories.....

A long time ago the clan I am in let a particular girl in.

one day she admitted to it but then it got weirder than that.

she punched her laptop because her boyfriend got mad at her because she was cheating on him with a girl.

That girl got mad at her as well by the way.

later she punched her laptop again while we were all playing because then they started seeing each other and blew her off.

she killed it.

my story is worse I  win..... by the way I'm not trolling , I give you all my word it did happen.

ok back on topic.

no anti cheat is 100% effective ; it is impossible to do so.

some people on here have comps that are a minimum of  3,000 American dollars and share their builds.

in bronze and silver I  have not seen anyone suspicious lately but that obviously does not mean they do not exist.

Little Orbit changed anti cheats because they believe in doing good for  APB.

One final thing : everyone please make sure to not blame Little Orbit for what cheaters chose to do to Little Orbit. It is not fair to blame a victim.

Oh there can be other tactics used to combat cheaters. Some companies have even resorted to legal action, which proved effective in sending a clear message to the people cheating in those games.

Little Orbit isn't the only victim to the actions of players who cheat. Paying customers, and legitimate players also suffer firsthand at the actions of these people who break the rules for their own gain and twisted amusement. Assuming ownership of the game, means that they accepted the responsibility for handling the problem with cheaters.

Also that girl seems like she made a few poor choices. 

Sign in to follow this