Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Riot  may have a cool eeery vibe to it  and the riot devices deffinetly have tons of personality, however there are many things that ruin the experience and dont fully show what makes Apb bright.

 

Clumsy weapon picking

 

The weapon picking is as clunky as the mystery gift boxes, which always felt chunky and half implemented, specially when you swap your weapon and it just akwardly falls. ><

 

Buy your secondary

 

This makes the mode unwelcoming to new players, a perfect opportunity of trying new guns for a brief change is gone and the perceived advantage of legendaries, 3 slot guns and armas items makes an akward comeback, leaving the mode in a strange middle ground. If you get money what you can buy is restricted to what you have unlocked and equipped so far?

 

Not to meantion the way you equip weapons is one of the weirdest things for a new player, the opportunity to simplify such things is missed

 

No Respawn

 

Dying and having to wait in spectate mode, you can make a new match by joining a new instance, but don't you feel this isn't fun, this aww I died have to join another instance wait in a lobby of people running around and shooting the air for one minute or more only to die at the begggining and repeat?  This means the game is only enjoyable for those expierenced enough to survive for a meaningful time. You know the players who stress the most about winning and shape the current meta, those players ><

 

Hazmat Suit

 

When you equip hazmat suit your character turns into a generic model. Having your own character design was an advantage over the current battle royale kings and here is obscured by the necessity of equiping a hazmat suit. 

 

The customization aspect is hampered by this.

 

No cars

 

A thing that could really make apb stand out as an hypothetical battle royale was bringing cars into the mix, here the map is instead filled with exploded wrecks so you can take cover and there is  not a single car in the street to drive

 

In summary..

 

Reason BR's are so famous is because they are one step ahead the winner vs looser dynamic and instead is more of race with more sides and outcomes, the player doesn't expect to win as much and instead focuses on how far can they can get this time.

 

Don't you feel like there are other ways of implementing things like riot devices and new pvp dynamics without resorting to generic battle royale gameplay?

 

The problem of apb is not its gameplay, its gameplay is what needs the least change, there is nothing like it!

Edited by PrincessMimi
typos
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Don't forget pissing on lore/story too and even to a greater extent aesthetic.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there arent cars?

 

and this thing is supposed to take the whole map?

 

lmao

  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I personally don't like riot because it's not what APB was intended to be and as others mentioned it ignores the lore and just doesn't fit + I'm sick and tired of so many games implementing BR modes because it's popular. If I'll want to play BR I'll go and play a proper BR game like black ops / fortnite / pubg / apex or whatever, not APB riot mode. Another thing is that LO was wasting the time on it instead of focusing on the engine upgrade and other important things like for example the threat problem or cross district matchmaking. We have been literally waiting for over 5 years for the new engine and what we get is some bootleg BR mode. The initial LO's plan was to have the engine upgrade at the end of 2018. Then we were supposed to get it around february / march after it would be tested. Now we will get it god knows when, maybe even in 2020. Yikes.

 

Little Edit: People are playing APB because it's APB not for some bootleg BR. By adding a bootleg BR mode you will only divide the community and sort of water down the true direction and feel of the game which will hurt it in the end imo.

Edited by Thial
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Thial said:

I personally don't like riot for the sole purpose that it's not what APB was intended to be and as others mentioned it ignores the lore and just doesn't fit + I'm sick and tired of so many games implementing BR modes because it's popular. If I'll want to play BR I'll go and play a proper BR game like black ops / fortnite / pubg / apex or whatever, not APB riot mode. Another thing is that LO was wasting the time on it instead of focusing on the engine upgrade and other important things like for example the threat problem or cross district matchmaking. We have been literally waiting for over 5 years for the new engine and what we get is some bootleg BR mode. The initial LO's plan was to have the engine upgrade at the end of 2018. Then we were supposed to get it around february / march after it would be tested. Now we will get it god knows when, maybe even in 2020. Yikes.

yeah they generally hide the fact when they're releasing the engine upgrade.

 

first it was like 'yeah it will be SOOON' and now its like 'ONCE RIOT IS OUT WE WILL DO MARKETING AND SOOOON ENGINE UPGRADE WILL COME OUT'

 

its like they arent finished with the engine upgrade but think they can make it on time to release it in a decent time frame of this riot shit.

 

I will play riot for that stupid skin and then stop playing it pretty much.

 

I won't be surprised if Jericho becomes empty when this riot thing comes out though. Playerbase is already split

  • Like 2
  • Dislike 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PrincessMimi said:

Riot  may have a cool eeery vibe to it  and the riot devices deffinetly have tons of personality, however there are many things that ruin the expirience and dont fully show what makes Apb bright.

 

Clumsy weapon picking

 

The weapon picking is as clunky as the mystery gift boxes, which always felt chunky and half implemented, specially when you swap your weapon and it just akwardly falls. ><

 

Buy your secondary

 

This makes the mode unwelcoming to new players, a perfect opportunity of trying new guns for a brief change is gone and the perceived advantage of legendaries, 3 slot guns and armas items makes an akward comeback, leaving the mode in a strange middle ground. If you get money what you can buy is restricted to what you have unlocked and equipped so far?

 

Not to meantion the way you equip weapons is one of the weirdest things for a new player, the opportunity to simplify such things is missed

 

No Respawn

 

Dying and having to wait in spectate mode, you can make a new match by joining a new instance, but don't you feel this isn't fun, this aww I died have to join another instance wait in a lobby of people running around and shooting the air for one minute or more only to die at the begggining and repeat?  This means the game is only enjoyable for those expierenced enough to survive for a meaningful time. You know the players who stress the most about winning and shape the current meta, those players ><

 

Hazmat Suit

 

When you equip hazmat suit your character turns into a generic model. Having your own character design was an advantage over the current battle royale kings and here is obscured by the necessity of equiping a hazmat suit. 

 

The customization aspect is hampered by this.

 

No cars

 

A thing that could really make apb stand out as an hypothetical battle royale was bringing cars into the mix, here the map is instead filled with exploded wrecks so you can take cover and there is  not a single car in the street to drive

 

In summary..

 

Reason BR's are so famous is because they are one step ahead the winner vs looser dynamic and instead is more of race with more sides and outcomes, the player doesn't expect to win as much and instead focuses on how far can they can get this time.

 

Don't you feel like there are other ways of implementing things like riot devices and new pvp dynamics without resorting to generic battle royale gameplay?

 

The problem of apb is not its gameplay, its gameplay is what needs the least change, there is nothing like it!

Wow lads, they keep commiting the same mistakes from the past even when they been warned.

24 minutes ago, Alani said:

there arent cars?

 

and this thing is supposed to take the whole map?

 

lmao

Really? What makes apb apb is the car driving but they even quit that.

 

Why just dont stop doing anything and go back to your disney degeneracy games?

  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/13/2019 at 12:57 PM, Glaciers said:

 

[unrelated]

 

i don’t think apb lends itself to br gameplay - nebulous, free-for-all, no-objective fighting has always been a weakness of the game, at one point even causing a (then) new mode to fail pretty spectacularly (chaos/anarchy districts)

 

similarly, will apb’s current pay model stand up to a br focus?

who’s going to buy expensive cosmetic items when the dumpy hazmat suit is a staple of riot gameplay?

will anyone pay 20 dollars for a “premium” weapon in a br game - where finding free weapons ingame is the standard?

what use does actual premium have - it has no effect on br cash pickups, there’s only one br contact to level, and apb$ is worthless in riot mode because all the standard moneysink costs (cars, guns, mods, ammo, etc) don’t exist

 

theres a lot of smaller flaws (both with the mode as an apb concept and in actual gameplay) that make me think riot is going nowhere fast

 

[unrelated]

 

lazy repost 

 

 

Edited by Glaciers
typo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

lazy repost 

 

 

Who said chaos/anarchy etc was failure? I had so much fun... only silvers complained about them because they couldnt do anything against experienced players.

I never felt so much freedom in a game playing those modes.

Edited by LittleGamersFirst

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Alani said:

yeah they generally hide the fact when they're releasing the engine upgrade.

 

first it was like 'yeah it will be SOOON' and now its like 'ONCE RIOT IS OUT WE WILL DO MARKETING AND SOOOON ENGINE UPGRADE WILL COME OUT'

 

its like they arent finished with the engine upgrade but think they can make it on time to release it in a decent time frame of this riot shit.

 

I will play riot for that stupid skin and then stop playing it pretty much.

 

I won't be surprised if Jericho becomes empty when this riot thing comes out though. Playerbase is already split

Yup, people play APB for APB, meaning normal missions. If someone will want to play BR they will just go and play a game which was made specifically for BR. Forcefully pushing a BR mode in because it's popular is a bad idea. It will only divide the community and water down the general direction APB was supposed to go which will ultimately result in the loss of players or people simply not playing the BR mode at all.

Edit: Literally all people want is the new engine, proper matchmaking, good anti cheat and a solution to the current threat problems. Then all we want are improvements over the base game and possibly some new systems like clan progression or whatever else. A BR mode was literally the last thing that people wanted and everyone was very vocal about wanting the engine yet they still decided to focus on the BR. Big Yikes on that one from me.

Edited by Thial
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thial said:

Edit: Literally all people want is the new engine, proper matchmaking, good anti cheat and a solution to the current threat problems. Then all we want are improvements over the base game and possibly some new systems like clan progression or whatever else.

Amen!

 

Although I want game population to get a boost, if everybody go to the RIOT districts, what will remain for us that enjoy missions?

 

I want to have fun playing, but LO is trying to push us to RIOT no matter what, because there will be the new item rewards and the most of the population.

 

Instead of fixing matchmaking, RIOT is going to cripple it (for mission districts).

 

Either the above will happen, either I am wrong, RIOT will fail and things will fall back quickly to the bad state they are now.

 

I see no future...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LittleGamersFirst said:

Who said chaos/anarchy etc was failure? I had so much fun... only silvers complained about them because they couldnt do anything against experienced players.

I never felt so much freedom in a game playing those modes.

everyone with eyes said it was a failure, the districts were nearly empty on day 4 of multiple multi-week events

 

every match centered around the central park/double b area (possibly the shittiest gameplay area in apb) because there was no reason (re: objectives) to encourage players to do more than spawn at the starting contacts and ping each other with hvrs, which is generally considered boring gameplay 

 

and to top it off there was no progression of any kind 

 

tbh its really a shame that g1 never tried to improve the mode that could imo offer the best dynamic open world apb gameplay, i kind of hoped riot would be an anarchy/chaos revamp but whatever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO Riot is a depair movement trying to bring the 'Success' of BRs into APB, what LO seems to ignore is that many games tried to do that before and failed really hard, Paladins, CSGO.
This can kill the remainning APB population's interest.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

everyone with eyes said it was a failure, the districts were nearly empty on day 4 of multiple multi-week events

 

every match centered around the central park/double b area (possibly the shittiest gameplay area in apb) because there was no reason (re: objectives) to encourage players to do more than spawn at the starting contacts and ping each other with hvrs, which is generally considered boring gameplay 

 

and to top it off there was no progression of any kind 

 

tbh its really a shame that g1 never tried to improve the mode that could imo offer the best dynamic open world apb gameplay, i kind of hoped riot would be an anarchy/chaos revamp but whatever

People doesnt know how to have fun, why do you think their comments ruined apb and devs listening to them?

The nhvr part is wrong, most silvers complained that everyone used osmaws and opgl or something like it... when you literally had cars strong enough everywhere to aproach enemies with any kind of weapons like trucks?

 

They just ruin everything, EVERYTHING.

  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Don't forget pissing on lore/story too and even to a greater extent aesthetic.

kek
read some books, nerd

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, LittleGamersFirst said:

People doesnt know how to have fun, why do you think their comments ruined apb and devs listening to them?

The nhvr part is wrong, most silvers complained that everyone used osmaws and opgl or something like it... when you literally had cars strong enough everywhere to aproach enemies with any kind of weapons like trucks?

 

They just ruin everything, EVERYTHING.

regardless of what “silvers” complained about the mode died (quickly) because there was no sense of progression/achievement, and no reason to stick around after getting the mediocre event rewards

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the reasons why GTA 5 gets mentioned a lot is because of variety and a lot of fun because of it.

If APB does not grow and adapt with various new content there wont be an APB much less an APB 2 of any sort.

 

If RIOT is for you fine if not fine but not adding it on just because you don't want to play it is foolish.

Lets others decide for themselves.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

regardless of what “silvers” complained about the mode died (quickly) because there was no sense of progression/achievement, and no reason to stick around after getting the mediocre event rewards

I agree about the rewards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last thing the industry needs is more battle royale knockoff garbage.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

riot will save us™

 

Merged.

 

12 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

One of the reasons why GTA 5 gets mentioned a lot is because of variety and a lot of fun because of it.

If APB does not grow and adapt with various new content there wont be an APB much less an APB 2 of any sort.

 

If RIOT is for you fine if not fine but not adding it on just because you don't want to play it is foolish.

Lets others decide for themselves.

its been a few years since ive played gta 5 but i dont remember new dlc's removing original features of the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sentaii said:

kek
read some books, nerd

Obviously I don't read books, cause books are for nerds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DjMary said:

why u think so...?

tenor.gif

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

One of the reasons why GTA 5 gets mentioned a lot is because of variety and a lot of fun because of it.

If APB does not grow and adapt with various new content there wont be an APB much less an APB 2 of any sort.

 

If RIOT is for you fine if not fine but not adding it on just because you don't want to play it is foolish.

Lets others decide for themselves.

Splitting the playerbase will kill APB stone dead at this point, there's barely enough players on Citadel to fill a couple of districts at peak times and Citadel has the biggest population.

 

Riot will be a total disaster mark my words.

 

I don't doubt that we need new content but we need proper content not trash like this.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TheDogCatcher said:

Splitting the playerbase will kill APB stone dead at this point, there's barely enough players on Citadel to fill a couple of districts at peak times and Citadel has the biggest population.

 

Riot will be a total disaster mark my words.

 

I don't doubt that we need new content but we need proper content not trash like this.

What one person calls trash others call racing tracks.

Everyone has their own groove and you gotta start somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...