So after battleye is implemented, can we use these things (untill implemented in-game)?

-Hold to crouch

-Toggle sprint

-Mouse fix

-Overwolf/mumble  custom crosshairs

Pretty crucial things imo.

• Thanks 1

Wouldn't say any of that is "Crucial" as the grand majority of the player base doesn't use it.

However, you'll just have to wait for an "OK" for those since two of them have you technically modifying the game files. 

Overwolf/Mumble might not work since PUBG/Fortnite/Siege all use BE and they've disabled them completely.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, EmptyPillow said:

-Hold to crouch

Ive wanted to edit the ini for this for so long after seeing it used in streams countless times. The advantage it gives for groundhogging with snipers or even the Obir is impressive. But Ive yet to try it for fear of ban. Would be nice to see this as an in game option. 

Edited by CookiePuss

11 minutes ago, EmptyPillow said:

So after battleye is implemented, can we use these things (untill implemented in-game)?

-Hold to crouch

-Toggle sprint

-Mouse fix

Hello i got config with 

-Hold to crouch

-Toggle sprint

-Mouse fix

"but unfortunately for you -Overwolf/mumble  custom crosshairs is bannable"

we definetly needed a thread for this question

15 minutes ago, EmptyPillow said:

-Toggle sprint

-Mouse fix

First is absolutely mandatory for me, I can't play the game because my pinky goes numb. 
Second is useful, because the UE is scuffed.

17 minutes ago, EmptyPillow said:

-Hold to crouch

-Toggle sprint

-Mouse fix

Yes

-Hold to crouch

-Toggle sprint

-Mouse fix

Nope

Edited by Euphoric
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, LuzExtinguido said:

Custom crosshairs gg... do you need assistance on your aim too?

very intelligent answer. apb's crosshair is super good right???

6 minutes ago, LuzExtinguido said:

Pls dont allow this, we gona get sprintshoters everywhere...

right cus they didn't remove this from the game years ago!!!111!!

3 minutes ago, EmptyPillow said:

very intelligent answer. apb's crosshair is super good right???

right cus they didn't remove this from the game years ago!!!111!!

Yes, for a reason you want that and is not fair. Not everyone uses your third party software to add stuff to apb...

If any of that is not that good, why would you create a thread to ask for it in first place?

Edited by LuzExtinguido
  • Like 2

Just now, LuzExtinguido said:

Yes, for a reason you want that and is not fair. Not everyone uses your third party software to add stuff to apb...

geez youre such a troll pls stop it youre making me nervous

Just now, EmptyPillow said:

geez youre such a troll pls stop it youre making me nervous

I edited that post, mind to read it again? I am not trolling... you want advantages on your game.

I'm using autosprint since 2012 and can't imagine playing APB without it. If this will become bannable there's always oldschool solution to block shift with a coin.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, EmptyPillow said:

-Hold to crouch

-Toggle sprint

-Mouse fix

Hold to crouch is a big deal to me, I need it back. The config hasn't stuck in a long time and it sucks, it's so much more intuitive.

42 minutes ago, Ethan Belinsky said:

Hello i got config with 

-Hold to crouch

-Toggle sprint

-Mouse fix

"but unfortunately for you -Overwolf/mumble  custom crosshairs is bannable"

Hold to crouch hasn't worked for me in forever.

2 hours ago, EmptyPillow said:

-Hold to crouch

-Toggle sprint

-Mouse fix

Might I add that the title of this thread is a bit misleading... just a bit?

Hold to crouch is a reasonable request.

Toggle sprint is a reasonable request (although sprintshooting needs fixing)

*mouse fix* What are you talking about? Are you asking about the .ini files that change the mouse settings and such? Because there's already a thread on the new forums asking for this... and on top of that... the mouse "fix" doesn't work or do anything.

Custom crosshairs would be nice in game, I'd rather not have a third party software edit the game's files to have your own cross hairs.

6 minutes ago, Sergsininia said:

and on top of that... the mouse "fix" doesn't work or do anything.

Pretty sure it works, this and getting rid of vivox. 

2 hours ago, Luminesca said:

Pretty sure it works, this and getting rid of vivox. 

I'm not going to really debate it here, but here's a link and a quote to another forum post discussing it.

On 5/30/2018 at 8:33 AM, Thial said:

And how exactly was it fixed since if you check the default BaseInput.ini all the acceleration is still there by default ?

Default values:

LookRightScale=300

LookUpScale=-250

Bindings=(Name="LookUp",Command="Axis aLookUp Speed=+25.0 AbsoluteAxis=100")
Bindings=(Name="LookDown",Command="Axis aLookUp Speed=-25.0 AbsoluteAxis=100")

Bindings=(Name="MouseX",Command="Count bXAxis | Axis aMouseX")
Bindings=(Name="MouseY",Command="Count bYAxis | Axis aMouseY")

it's not because it's there that it serves a purpose , any devlopper could disable it , ifyou watch other config files , there's options for freecam modes and all that stuff that isn't enabled in the game  , there's also XBox bindings with half of them working correctly .

also there's a texture file for the convertible in the game files , yet it's outdated and has no reason to be there . there's just so much stuff in apb that's there and doesn't serve a purpose , and this "mouse fix" is one of them ,

it was effective before , but now it does nothing AND supposedly puts you at a risk .

so be honest with yourself , would you rather keep your placebo and have a chance to be banned , or just not use it and play exactly the same without the ban chance 😐

Quote taken from this thread:

40 minutes ago, Sergsininia said:

I'm not going to really debate it here, but here's a link and a quote to another forum post discussing it.

Quote taken from this thread:

Must be true because someone on the internet said so.

k

2 hours ago, Euphoric said:

Yes

-Hold to crouch

-Toggle sprint

-Mouse fix

Nope

top 3 are just ini config edits anyway aren't they? i doubt that's a problem with battleye.

the last one is iffy, not cause i think it's a big issue or big advantage, but cuz' G1 (so far) pretty much stated that custom crosshairs is a no-go, right? or? 

6 minutes ago, Tigrix said:

top 3 are just ini config edits anyway aren't they? i doubt that's a problem with battleye.

the last one is iffy, not cause i think it's a big issue or big advantage, but cuz' G1 (so far) pretty much stated that custom crosshairs is a no-go, right? or? 

Thats where Ive always been frustrated. All I was ever able to get from old G1 support about hold to crouch and toggle to sprint was "any edits to game files are bannable" and with crosshair "all 3rd party programs are bannable" while at the same time knowing many players who use some or all of these, a few of them even streaming while using them. 

Edited by CookiePuss

2 hours ago, EmptyPillow said:

No. Just no, I hate that people bend the rules with crosshairs and macros. How about you just play the game like you're supposed to

An overlay from something like Mumble does not touch the game files in anyway. There are many monitors on the market that have this overlay feature built in. The logic of banning such is not far from saying we should ban gaming mice or keyboards cause they give an unfair advantage. It doesn't touch the game files, doesn't counter recoil like some scripts do, doesn't act like a trigger bot. How is giving someone a better point to focus on a big deal.

Every program people keep askin if it's ok or not is going to need testing to be approved. So the more crap you want to be approved, the more time they'll have to spend with trying out them and possibly tuning things. Also each time something that interferes with the game is whitelisted there is an opportunity for cheat makers to find loopholes in the exceptions made to allow it. Any hole that is punched through the wall is a potential leak source.

From developement point of view it would be much easier just to say that "all file edits and 3rd party tools are out of the question" but it would lead to a lot of disappointment and anger from the community because people for whatever reason can't use controls in the way they are designed in the game while they simultaineously want to be able to get 120fps on a potato. They are likely to want to please the majority of reasonable requests even if each one those costs several days in developement time.