MattScott

Explanation of recent bans

6 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

If you can, take some video to give support. 

unfortunately i can't.. but let me say this: there are 2 speedhackers now.

26 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

Already hit them with /report?

1 minute ago, Nanometic said:

Already hit them with /report?

I forgot but there were 40 people playing in that district (20/20) so i guess someone reported him..

Just now, Uhtdred said:

I forgot but there were 40 people playing in that district (20/20) so i guess someone reported him..

Try keep it in mind, the more reports the better!

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

If you can, take some video to give support. 

I know this is what we're "supposed to do" primarily using the /report and all, but HONESTLY it is NOT the role of the playerbase to police the game. It takes MONTHS for the small staff to painstakingly analyze reports and look for external indicators of a possible cheat..... but in your face speedhackers should be booted out of district at least within the hour if the company had any active GMs who know how to monitor a game. The fact that obvious cheaters are leveling up and playing for weeks means a lot of regular players have been turned away and are no longer playing.

That's as broken as it gets.

4 hours ago, Uhtdred said:

Unmoderated, dead games always have these kinds of issues. A sign of health in a game is booting the obvious cheaters on the first sign of cheating.  Closets of course are a very hard call and take a lot longer. When this company uses the SAME CRITERIA for analyzing obvious cheaters as it does for on-the-fence closet cheaters... the game is doomed, not even G1 went so low as to leave them in game to alienate the potential consumer playerbase.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hey! said:

I know this is what we're "supposed to do" primarily using the /report and all, but HONESTLY it is NOT the role of the playerbase to police the game. It takes MONTHS for the small staff to painstakingly analyze reports and look for external indicators of a possible cheat..... but in your face speedhackers should be booted out of district at least within the hour if the company had any active GMs who know how to monitor a game. The fact that obvious cheaters are leveling up and playing for weeks means a lot of regular players have been turned away and are no longer playing.

I cannot argue against this.

I thought the /report command was broken or something because it was made for fairfight or some mumbo jumbo explanation.

1 hour ago, Alani said:

I thought the /report command was broken or something because it was made for fairfight or some mumbo jumbo explanation.

Little Orbit already announced that a new report system is in place

On 1/25/2019 at 4:03 PM, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Over the last couple days, a significant amount of accounts were banned. 

We do not normally acknowledge or discuss these bans, because it's a toxic behavior, and I believe the community is better off without it.

However, my mods have had to deal with several posts about the issue, and I also believe in being upfront with the community when there is a situation.

For context, I recently posted publicly that we were tracking a number of cheats/hacks and that we were working with BattlEye to detect and block them.

Over the last couple days, many accounts were finally banned as we wrap up that process.

This included two groups.

1) Accounts permanently banned based on company evidence

These were all researched by my team so that proper evidence could be directly collected and added to their account. I do want to thank the many players who reached out with copies of cheats, videos of evidence, and the vast amount of /reports that were collected and processed by our analytics systems. All of these things helped us identify problem areas.

Overall, this wasn't a lot of players, but it was a large amount of accounts. This means that we banned all or most of the accounts owned by the player caught cheating - not just the account they cheated on. We tried to be extremely careful and diligent about how this was done, but at the time you get caught, all your accounts can be banned. Clearly this came as a surprise to some players. For the most part, we do allow players to reroll and come back. But that is not a free pass to cheat, damage the experience of other players, while you play consequence free on your main.

2) Accounts temp banned based on new BattlEye detections

We have been working diligently with BE to improve their ability to detect and block the latest round of cheats. We have seen a big jump in global BE bans. Per our policy these are initially implemented as temp bans which give my staff a chance to review them to make sure we aren't mass banning innocent folks.

If you feel you have been banned unfairly, please make a ticket with support at https://support.gamersfirst.com.

I know Support is still behind, and we don't want to make innocent players wait unnecessarily. @Selali has temporarily assigned some resources to review incoming tickets over the next couple days to try and address these as fast as possible without negatively impacting the rest of the players who have been patiently waiting for their issue to be addressed. We will do our best. But please be patient.

Finally, I understand the temptation to make the game easier by cheating, but please don't. We continue to build out our internal systems, and over time they will get better and better. While you may get away with it for a while, you open the door to losing all of your accounts. A number of very unhappy players today learned that all their progress and even real money spent on the game was lost, and they wont be able to participate in engine upgrade or any of the other new content coming.

For that I am deeply sorry.

Thanks,
Matt

thank you for this

4 hours ago, Hey! said:

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I cannot argue against this.

who said it was a feature to police?

it is meant for if a player sees someone who seems to be cheating to be able to report them.

what modern online games does not have this feature?

22 hours ago, Lato said:

can we talk about the fact that you have been playing this game for years with 20 fps? how can you know if someone is cheating? like..get your things straight or stop posting pls

ehy 😄 these are exactly the words of FilmV120 in district chat before his 120th ban!

are you filmV ? how are you? 😄  

4 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

who said it was a feature to police?

it is meant for if a player sees someone who seems to be cheating to be able to report them.

what modern online games does not have this feature?

I think his point was that it's more or less all we have. 

On 1/30/2019 at 9:16 AM, SilverCrow said:

I suspect you're referring to the video I put up 5 years ago named "With and Without Macro - Demonstration". I could be wrong of course.

I had it set to private but I'm willing to have it public for the purpose of this reply/thread. It'll go back to private soon again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojZoAKnR06I

yeah that's the video i remember, I also remember one about the ntec, or at least a forum discussion in a thread on "theory craft" with bloom recovery, rof, macro and recoil for best usage.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

6 hours ago, Queen of Love said:

ehy 😄 these are exactly the words of FilmV120 in district chat before his 120th ban!

are you filmV ? how are you? 😄  

it was 15 or 20 fps? can you tell everyone?

20 only in silver district, due to amazing ddosing skills of some player

40/50 in bronze.

yo, keep him banned*

*none of what we say here makes a difference. Open a support ticket if you think you were wrongfully accused Leslie Nielsen.