Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
GeeChan

This event to you

How you feeling about this event  

43 members have voted

  1. 1. This event to you?

    • Total trash
    • Great give them an A -sike-
    • I want horseman back!


Recommended Posts

can i get a “hey i kinda like this event” option

 

cause honestly if this event is giving you trouble you might have the brain of a fifth grader 

 

socks seems so so unhappy with the game and yet he won’t follow through on his 17 “i’m quitting” threads 

 

 

 

Edited by BXNNXD
typo
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"We want something different"

LO : "ok folks. First time so please be g-"

"FUClk YOU FUCKION RETiARDS FUKEN IDIOTS HGGUBHGL"

Take a chill pill and play the game. It can be fun at times.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nitronik said:

"We want something different"

LO : "ok folks. First time so please be g-"

"FUClk YOU FUCKION RETiARDS FUKEN IDIOTS HGGUBHGL"

Take a chill pill and play the game. It can be fun at times.

I have to agree . I was a little bit let down that there were no actual zombies, and the 3 team thing would have been better with 2.  But I am starting to get better at the event and it is fun to be something other than grinding for rep with contacts.

 

I swear I don't know how some folks just go on a hate rage and expect that their complaints are going to help (not the ones offering constructive criticism and feedback).

 

The fog effect is really cool. I wish we could have that added in regular mission districts on random days!

Edited by Akahi
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not /amazing/ but considering its COMPLETELY NEW, made by the BRAND NEW OWNERS, and made in most likely 3 MONTHS, it's not bad.

 

It's new, it's refreshing, and it'll be fun for the short period it's here. It would be awful if it was a forever type game mode, but considering it'll only be around for a short time, it's great.

 

Constructive criticism is good, whining like a fuzzy bunny is not. This event is not on the same level as the god awful shotgun/IR changes (thank god theyre reverting those even though they broke it again, pls bring back old IR). It's not something to get up in arms about, it's not game breaking, you don't have to play it. 

 

Also that socks guy complains about everything from what ive seen, and has said theyd quit 10000 times. Serial complainer.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fur said:

Constructive criticism is good, whining like a fuzzy bunny is not.

That's the problem - a lot of people are just flinging shit on whatever outlet calling LO names instead of actually going "ok X Y and Z are dumb" (like, for example, Kewlin has done with his (fair) criticism of dailies)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

to be fair I was a bit disappointed with the event as well but they took a risk and listened to all the people crying and pushed "new Content"(I will never understand that argument in a game that is completely based around pvp) and all any1 can do is piss and moan about how they hate it.

 

I like the fact they removed name plates unless in combat I like the fog(I also hate it for the same reasons I like it) removing out of bounds even tho highly requested by the community instantly abused. my personal issues with the event back capping is next to impossible, u die to the gas before u can even get near the barrel point then it takes 2 full resupplies to kill one. the barrels used to cap have more hp then a damn pioneer and the spawns are kind of a hot mess but honestly the event is more fun then the asylum event from years ago. 

 

and im so sick of people crying about shotguns they were actually viable for the first time in 3 years except a single outlier over reaching and the entire gun class was gutted and forced back into only being usable to camp corners at 5m instead of actually being a viable weapon in combat 

Edited by kurbstomp88
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fur said:

It's not /amazing/ but considering its COMPLETELY NEW, made by the BRAND NEW OWNERS, and made in most likely 3 MONTHS, it's not bad.

 

I agree 3 months to make an event is pretty damn impressive. I think it takes 6 months for Cryptic Studios to make an event from planning, testing, to finally launch and even with that there are bugs from time to time. 

 

I commend Matt Scott and his team for putting out this event and appreciate the efforts to fix any flaws (bugs) that may have occurred. I am enjoying this event and look forward to any future events or projects. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Akahi said:

I agree 3 months to make an event is pretty damn impressive. I think it takes 6 months for Cryptic Studios to make an event from planning, testing, to finally launch and even with that there are bugs from time to time. 

 

I commend Matt Scott and his team for putting out this event and appreciate the efforts to fix any flaws (bugs) that may have occurred. I am enjoying this event and look forward to any future events or projects. 

If I remember right it took g1 a year and a half for the asylum event(granted they made a new zone for it )

Edited by kurbstomp88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kurbstomp88 said:

If I remember right it took g1 a year and a half for the asylum event(granted they made a new zone for it )

That seems like too much time, even with a new zone. When I mentioned earlier about the time frame Cryptic does (For Star Trek Online) to make an event. That includes story line, new maps, and in alot of cases new items and ships (if not all). And these events are to continue the story line, that's not including regular holiday events.

 

Granted comparing these two games is like comparing apples and oranges, one is pvp the other is pve. But I do think the mechanics for creating new content and events do follow similar protocols (even with different engines).

 

And yes they did take a risk making this event in such short time but if I can ham it up a bit I will quote from a famous Captain and say "Risk is our business" and sometimes that business can be good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh, I dont mind the event.

Its not perfect sure, but it is something new, and isnt that what people have been asking for, for the last few years?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Akahi said:

That seems like too much time, even with a new zone. When I mentioned earlier about the time frame Cryptic does (For Star Trek Online) to make an event. That includes story line, new maps, and in alot of cases new items and ships (if not all). And these events are to continue the story line, that's not including regular holiday events.

 

Granted comparing these two games is like comparing apples and oranges, one is pvp the other is pve. But I do think the mechanics for creating new content and events do follow similar protocols (even with different engines).

 

And yes they did take a risk making this event in such short time but if I can ham it up a bit I will quote from a famous Captain and say "Risk is our business" and sometimes that business can be good.

yeah but g1 was also the proprietary owner of Soon™ lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Akahi said:

LOL oh man I haven't heard that in a LONG time!   🙂

oh the years of waiting for that engine update lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loved this event but it is a shame that you can only progress by doing daily events.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i like the event , but i want a bit more to keep us playing it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

can i get a “hey i kinda like this event” option

 

cause honestly if this event is giving you trouble you might have the brain of a fifth grader 

 

socks seems so so unhappy with the game and yet he won’t follow through on his 17 “i’m quitting” threads 

 

 

 

 

hes addicted, they always quit and instantly return to their habits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Community: Can we have a new event?

Little Orbit: *releases a new event*

Community: Thanks. It's fucking garbage.

 

 

I mean I get why people can be frustrated with the event, I don't really like the way it's been implemented either, but hot damn why does everyone cry about everything like that. There's no need to insult the devs and call all their decisions shit, making polls where not even one out of three options is positive isn't the brightest idea either.

 

Yes, they have done mistakes, yes they have learned.

They are new to this type of games, let them get into it first.

 

You guys are never appreciative, all you do is whine.

No new content? Waaah they're doing absolutely nothing

New content? Mimimimi it's absolute trash and I hate it

 

Some people...

Be glad that we're actually getting updates for such an old game after years of being lied to by G1.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kurbstomp88 said:

to be fair I was a bit disappointed with the event as well but they took a risk and listened to all the people crying and pushed "new Content"(I will never understand that argument in a game that is completely based around pvp) and all any1 can do is piss and moan about how they hate it.

 

I like the fact they removed name plates unless in combat I like the fog(I also hate it for the same reasons I like it) removing out of bounds even tho highly requested by the community instantly abused. my personal issues with the event back capping is next to impossible, u die to the gas before u can even get near the barrel point then it takes 2 full resupplies to kill one. the barrels used to cap have more hp then a damn pioneer and the spawns are kind of a hot mess but honestly the event is more fun then the asylum event from years ago. 

 

and im so sick of people crying about shotguns they were actually viable for the first time in 3 years except a single outlier over reaching and the entire gun class was gutted and forced back into only being usable to camp corners at 5m instead of actually being a viable weapon in combat 

 

retaking will actually be getting easier with todays patch because they will lower the zone dmg (i hope alot) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Event is bad but people on the forums love their rose-tinted glasses and the echo chamber. 

It's boring, "over-complicated", very unintuitive to the point I had to read Matt Scott's walk through for something that should be basic and simple. Even EvE Online is less confusing when you are a newbie and that's the game with highest learning curve.

Poor visual hints, nothing to really tell you what you should do next and the  end-stage is "Eh?"

Got 2 full districts on day one, now it's 2 district, each at below 50% for a good reason.

Why not something like 2-3 simple capture points in each corner,  which are like "labs" producing chemical supplies, with timers, each tick generates resources/chemicals/toxins, once a faction gets a certain amount of points end-stage kicks in and it's some kind of payload escort where 1 faction will need to get to X location, while the 2 other factions have to work  together to  prevent it. In first stage factions will have to fight over their capture points.

Or anything similar to that.

Thanks for the effort though, LO. But if that's how Riot will work more or less, I can already foresee how it will go.

Edited by Sayori
  • Dislike 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sayori said:

 

It's over-complicated

bring barrels to waypoints

defend barrels

take over park

 

 

super complicated

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nitronik said:

Take a chill pill and play the game. It can be fun at times.

that's one way to crack a joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...