Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
L0uX

FIX THE MATCHMAKING!

Recommended Posts

Chello! ūüėĄ Pls fix the Matchmaking.. I played with 1 other bronze (i was silver) against 2 Silvers.. I requested backup and we got another bronze.. But.. Why? BTW. The enemies did request backup too.¬† And we were all low Rank.. (20-40) and the Enemies were high ranks (167-244).. Real talk:¬†That's bullshoot! Most of all, that happens to me every day ... That spoils just the fun! Pls.. Just try to fix it.. It makes 0 fun.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, L0uX said:

Chello! ūüėĄ Pls fix the Matchmaking.. I played with 1 other bronze (i was silver) against 2 Silvers.. I requested backup and we got another bronze.. But.. Why? BTW. The enemies did request backup too.¬† And we were all low Rank.. (20-40) and the Enemies were high ranks (167-244).. Real talk:¬†That's bullshoot! Most of all, that happens to me every day ... That spoils just the fun! Pls.. Just try to fix it.. It makes 0 fun.

Same happens to me playing with bronze team mate vs premade 255 golds wtf?
How can this happen.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, L0uX said:

Chello! ūüėĄ Pls fix the Matchmaking.. I played with 1 other bronze (i was silver) against 2 Silvers.. I requested backup and we got another bronze.. But.. Why? BTW. The enemies did request backup too.¬† And we were all low Rank.. (20-40) and the Enemies were high ranks (167-244).. Real talk:¬†That's bullshoot! Most of all, that happens to me every day ... That spoils just the fun! Pls.. Just try to fix it.. It makes 0 fun.

 

51 minutes ago, EMilika said:

Same happens to me playing with bronze team mate vs premade 255 golds wtf?
How can this happen.

Matchmaking has, at best a 40 v 40 pool to work with.... at best.

 

So its either bad matchmaking or no matchmaking (ie no matches)... which would you choose?

 

 

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

 

Matchmaking has, at best a 40 v 40 pool to work with.... at best.

 

So its either bad matchmaking or no matchmaking (ie no matches)... which would you choose?

 

 

this.

right now the pool is too limited, not only because of limited district size, but also because of a small playerbase.

you gotta wait untill the cross-district (phasing) matchmaking is going to be implemented... with that, most matches should be balanced out a little bit better (it also needs more strict matchmaking after that though)

most likely it's going to be after UE3.5 update... hopefully early 2019. (pretty sure it's high up on the priority list)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ALL they need to do is change how much it takes to gain gold..by 500%....so that Detherters cant detehrt in 30 mins...today was tryign to play every mission i was with or v Detherting patootie lickers.who just killing this game... LO u lost 50%+ of players in the last 5 months..player numbers are worse then befor u took over...

 

stop messin with other shit stop Detherters...Matt u said u want " it to be a fun fair game" its not fun when Detherters run this game... serious games gonna die if this is not fixed ASAP..again match makeing only a problem in bronze.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Birmingham said:

ALL they need to do is change how much it takes to gain gold..by 500%....so that Detherters cant detehrt in 30 mins...today was tryign to play every mission i was with or v Detherting patootie lickers.who just killing this game... LO u lost 50%+ of players in the last 5 months..player numbers are worse then befor u took over...

 

stop messin with other shit stop Detherters...Matt u said u want " it to be a fun fair game" its not fun when Detherters run this game... serious games gonna die if this is not fixed ASAP..again match makeing only a problem in bronze.

Sorry fam, LO aint doin nuffin.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Birmingham said:

ALL they need to do is change how much it takes to gain gold..by 500%....so that Detherters cant detehrt in 30 mins.

I thought it takes up to 1 hour to dethreat depending what kind of missions you got?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, xHenryman90x said:

I thought it takes up to 1 hour to dethreat depending what kind of missions you got?

Im just glad so many people seem to misunderstand threat so severely.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, L0uX said:

Chello! ūüėĄ Pls fix the Matchmaking.. I played with 1 other bronze (i was silver) against 2 Silvers.. I requested backup and we got another bronze.. But.. Why? BTW. The enemies did request backup too.¬† And we were all low Rank.. (20-40) and the Enemies were high ranks (167-244).. Real talk:¬†That's bullshoot! Most of all, that happens to me every day ... That spoils just the fun! Pls.. Just try to fix it.. It makes 0 fun.

they have been fixing the entire game and to fix matchmaking properly it can not just be done so easily.

matchmaking uses a more complex system than you think. threat has to do with matchmaking which means points for objectives as well as points for kills have to be fixed as well.

So Little Orbit has to fix matchmaking  , threat , points for objectives as well as point for kills for matchmaking to be able to function properly and fairly

give them time please they had to fix many core problems with apb including the engine upgrade which will make things even better for apb

1 hour ago, xHenryman90x said:

I thought it takes up to 1 hour to dethreat depending what kind of missions you got?

its possible to dethreat in one mission with how its broken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think APB Matchmaking does a decent job for how small the pool of choices it has.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

again i will say match makeing only a problem in bronze..stop DTers....it cant be that hard to make it 500% harder to gain gold..that would be a fix FOR NOW>.but it would make Detherters stop..but then i came to see why LO would not stop Dters..and thats cuz they fear most of the detherters will quit the game if they cant farm lowbie players...i see new players quit everyday due to being farmed by max ranked fake golds...im not talkin about matchmakein in silver..anyone who plays silver dont care about match makein..cuz most of um got skills..

 

end Detherters..fixs matchmakeing...make it so newbies cant join silver till they R100.. then if the fake golds want to play there v newbies got to reroll...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How matchmaking works (thoughts)
 

  • collect weapon score ratio
  • collect thread level (silver bronze gold etc)
  • collect kd ratio (it should take this in calculation but it doesnt)
  • collect what threat this guy have while entering district (plus 5 last entries [unique] ones so 1 per day etc - if system finds outu are gold and drop to silver than again get gold than u are takes as middle silvgold and system will select you twice of the opposition in bronze server and worst players in gold) (again this system not do that as well)

how to "fuck" matchmaking ?

  • take off ur primary weapon and equip fbw only
  • try to not shoot enemies all the time (lower your accuracy) - possible be banned if admins figureout u dethreating - possible easiest way to drop threat (easier then losing and killing team mates)
  • if u have team 3 silvers and 1 gold let the gold take off primary wepon (system will be glitched and match 4 silvers against work only it there are 4 silvers in team ;] )

about getting gold thread system is glitched as well it shoudl compete all statistics like accuracy mission doing etc. but now if u have god accuracy u will be gold or if u do missions u will be gold as well (in slower times)
as i think threat system is calculated (i think so) from district time / kills you made if it ticks the gold thread you are gold etc. (and its ultra easy if u drop from that gold to silver to get gold again)


how to fix that staff ?

  • threat for each character seperatly (not account bound)
  • change script that compare kd ratio without doing mission and vice versa
  • eventually change stats needed to get that thread in like 25% more to get gold silver bronze and green(stays like it was) so it will separate silvers with golds and even bronzes from silvers + made system that will unallow gold playerd go do silver district (ONLY) and silver players to go to green (as it is now)
  • additional to point above increase backup needs if u meet silver player on bronze 1 silver player = 2 bronze, 1 bronze = 1 bronze, 2 green = 1 bronze 4 green = 1 silver, green is T as well
  • so from now we will see gold players plays with gold players, silver plays with silvers and eventually silvers plays with bronzes (to propably teach them a game etc. but with more opposition)
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if Admins figer out there Detehrting r u stupid..come online now come to bronze look for yourself..its full OF max ranked..farming lowbies..come see yourself..the same people dethrt everyday..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TheSxW said:

How matchmaking works (thoughts)
 

  • collect weapon score ratio
  • collect thread level (silver bronze gold etc)
  • collect kd ratio (it should take this in calculation but it doesnt)
  • collect what threat this guy have while entering district (plus 5 last entries [unique] ones so 1 per day etc - if system finds outu are gold and drop to silver than again get gold than u are takes as middle silvgold and system will select you twice of the opposition in bronze server and worst players in gold) (again this system not do that as well)

how to "fuck" matchmaking ?

  • take off ur primary weapon and equip fbw only
  • try to not shoot enemies all the time (lower your accuracy) - possible be banned if admins figureout u dethreating - possible easiest way to drop threat (easier then losing and killing team mates)
  • if u have team 3 silvers and 1 gold let the gold take off primary wepon (system will be glitched and match 4 silvers against work only it there are 4 silvers in team ;] )

about getting gold thread system is glitched as well it shoudl compete all statistics like accuracy mission doing etc. but now if u have god accuracy u will be gold or if u do missions u will be gold as well (in slower times)
as i think threat system is calculated (i think so) from district time / kills you made if it ticks the gold thread you are gold etc. (and its ultra easy if u drop from that gold to silver to get gold again)


how to fix that staff ?

  • threat for each character seperatly (not account bound)
  • change script that compare kd ratio without doing mission and vice versa
  • eventually change stats needed to get that thread in like 25% more to get gold silver bronze and green(stays like it was) so it will separate silvers with golds and even bronzes from silvers + made system that will unallow gold playerd go do silver district (ONLY) and silver players to go to green (as it is now)
  • additional to point above increase backup needs if u meet silver player on bronze 1 silver player = 2 bronze, 1 bronze = 1 bronze, 2 green = 1 bronze 4 green = 1 silver, green is T as well
  • so from now we will see gold players plays with gold players, silver plays with silvers and eventually silvers plays with bronzes (to propably teach them a game etc. but with more opposition)

Thanks will try to play with your guide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To fix machmaking we need to have healthy players population, BUT  main problem is that silvers play in bronze and golds play in silver dist. Current machmaking system cant rly work cuz there is too much ppl. who ignore threat lvl and play in wrong dist.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

playing right now 5 missions 5 teams of detehrting people.. doing nothing just runihng in dieing...all max ranked 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

suggestions:

option 1 hide threat (both player and dist.) and "show recommended" tab perm. checked

option 2 inner faction matchmaking (check suggestions)

option 3 mix between 1 and 2?

Edited by TheMessiah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so im in game now.. a GM came on.. i asked about detherting..GM said " thery was silver when they joined,, play harder an they will be back to silver" WTF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Birmingham said:

so im in game now.. a GM came on.. i asked about detherting..GM said " thery was silver when they joined,, play harder an they will be back to silver" WTF

Well theoretically: i was silver when joined bronze server and now after 1 win i'm gold, so you need to try harder to win me as being bronze newb, not even fully knowing the game??!?
So that i'm silver again in bronze server lul flawless logic. LOL WHAT?

Edited by EMilika
:D this gm is such a troll

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Birmingham said:

so im in game now.. a GM came on.. i asked about detherting..GM said " thery was silver when they joined,, play harder an they will be back to silver" WTF

Yes there are dethreating ppl...

but on the other side there are ppl like me.

I log out as gold, log in, play on silver district and after a couple of missions against high gold tryhards i am silver.

I go to silver district cuz i can't compete with the high golds and what happens? After couple missions i am gold again so i go back to silver district... and on... and on... and on...

 

real story mate! so tell me what i can do to fix that and still have fun?

right i can do nothing....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Snubnose said:

this.

right now the pool is too limited, not only because of limited district size, but also because of a small playerbase.

you gotta wait untill the cross-district (phasing) matchmaking is going to be implemented... with that, most matches should be balanced out a little bit better (it also needs more strict matchmaking after that though)

most likely it's going to be after UE3.5 update... hopefully early 2019. (pretty sure it's high up on the priority list)

Cross district matchmaking sounds like a terrible idea, with the load times this game has you'd spend more time loading districts than playing in them, so unless UE 3.5 improves this aspect dramatically I think it would drive more players away than poor the matchmaking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheDogCatcher said:

Cross district matchmaking sounds like a terrible idea, with the load times this game has you'd spend more time loading districts than playing in them, so unless UE 3.5 improves this aspect dramatically I think it would drive more players away than poor the matchmaking.

orbit has already explained that they’re attempting to make it seamless

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheDogCatcher said:

Cross district matchmaking sounds like a terrible idea, with the load times this game has you'd spend more time loading districts than playing in them, so unless UE 3.5 improves this aspect dramatically I think it would drive more players away than poor the matchmaking.

obviously, what you said would be a really stupid move if we would really have to wait a long wait time between every match.. but that's not how it's planned to be.

you don't have to reload the whole district, only the positioning of cars / pedestrians and new players has to be synced, but the level (everything that's solid) is already loaded. also, it's going to happen after the engine update, and afaik, UE3.5 will shorten loadtimes anyway. so most likely, it's going to be a short lag (or like 5 seconds loadscreen at best) just to sync up all the cars / pedestrians and load in the player list (player customization always loads in after you've been connected, so that won't cause any problems).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TheSxW said:

How matchmaking works (thoughts)
 

  • collect weapon score ratio
  • collect thread level (silver bronze gold etc)
  • collect kd ratio (it should take this in calculation but it doesnt)
  • collect what threat this guy have while entering district (plus 5 last entries [unique] ones so 1 per day etc - if system finds outu are gold and drop to silver than again get gold than u are takes as middle silvgold and system will select you twice of the opposition in bronze server and worst players in gold) (again this system not do that as well)

how to "fuck" matchmaking ?

  • take off ur primary weapon and equip fbw only
  • try to not shoot enemies all the time (lower your accuracy) - possible be banned if admins figureout u dethreating - possible easiest way to drop threat (easier then losing and killing team mates)
  • if u have team 3 silvers and 1 gold let the gold take off primary wepon (system will be glitched and match 4 silvers against work only it there are 4 silvers in team ;] )

about getting gold thread system is glitched as well it shoudl compete all statistics like accuracy mission doing etc. but now if u have god accuracy u will be gold or if u do missions u will be gold as well (in slower times)
as i think threat system is calculated (i think so) from district time / kills you made if it ticks the gold thread you are gold etc. (and its ultra easy if u drop from that gold to silver to get gold again)


how to fix that staff ?

  • threat for each character seperatly (not account bound)
  • change script that compare kd ratio without doing mission and vice versa
  • eventually change stats needed to get that thread in like 25% more to get gold silver bronze and green(stays like it was) so it will separate silvers with golds and even bronzes from silvers + made system that will unallow gold playerd go do silver district (ONLY) and silver players to go to green (as it is now)
  • additional to point above increase backup needs if u meet silver player on bronze 1 silver player = 2 bronze, 1 bronze = 1 bronze, 2 green = 1 bronze 4 green = 1 silver, green is T as well
  • so from now we will see gold players plays with gold players, silver plays with silvers and eventually silvers plays with bronzes (to propably teach them a game etc. but with more opposition)

That's possible. need to think .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

√ó
×
  • Create New...