MattScott

The Growth of GamersFirst

10 hours ago, BeardedCoffeeMonkey said:

Uh ... hello again?

Wow, I leave for a bit (*ahem*) and return to check on the Haloween event and find ... this?

Color me intrigued. New forums, new management, us ... new newness? I haven't even reinstalled the client yet. I was just here to poke about.

Is there a tl:dr on what's gone on here?

Oh my, and it seems we are starting from scratch? Not a huge deal. Just double checking.

Yes from start wit the same old trolls, and toxic people along.

On 10/12/2018 at 4:33 PM, BL0SS0M said:

I still have the box and disc for hellgate. What a game! That died way too early.

google london 2038, thank me later

3 hours ago, BeardedCoffeeMonkey said:

Uh ... hello again?

Wow, I leave for a bit (*ahem*) and return to check on the Haloween event and find ... this?

Color me intrigued. New forums, new management, us ... new newness? I haven't even reinstalled the client yet. I was just here to poke about.

Is there a tl:dr on what's gone on here?

Oh my, and it seems we are starting from scratch? Not a huge deal. Just double checking.

I was just looking at one of your old videos a couple days ago, haha

Little Orbit has taken over APB a couple months back, Gamersfirst is still the distributing platform.

Some significant stuff has been done, which include: FairFight unbans, new anticheat, trading system, new netcode to combat the DDoSing, Han merged with NA, some weapon balance changes (some which aren't final), new gun, and they're hoping to have the engine upgrade 3.5 released by the end of the year (but things can happen along the way, so not guaranteed), and they have a separate team working on implementing the game to Unreal 4 (long term project). I'm prolly missing some other stuff but it's 6am right now so I can't think anymore.

More info on their (now old) blog here if you feel like reading a bunch at some point!

9 hours ago, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

Are you implying the game makes money?

source.gif

oof... gottem

On 10/15/2018 at 6:58 AM, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

Are you implying the game makes money?

I have no clue. Insight in APB's financial situation would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Eisena

L

On 10/11/2018 at 8:58 PM, MattScott said:

I like the name GamersFirst simply because of the company we want it to be -- a place where gamers come first.

That sounds sappy, and I realize that for many of you, the name means exactly the opposite. 

I mean to be fair, you guys have done more for the game in months than the original people did in years so to be fair to you here, im O.K. with that.