Sign in to follow this  
Snubnose

Legendaries Skyrocketing

ever since the new trading system was released, many people stopped putting up their guns on the marketplace to avoid taxes.
the problem is, prices on the marketplace therefore skyrocketed and "traders" are now using this to sell their legendaries for more money than before.

(citadel, btw.)

here's an example:
the 'Ursus' was worth ~3 million, lowest I've seen before the trading system released was 2.8m.
now, with the new trading system, the cheapest it goes is 5-6m.
I wanted to buy an Ursus through the trading system so I asked in chat, and 2 people contacted me... both said the price for ursus is 5m, whereas the price was slightly below 3m just a few days ago.

same goes for other guns... I've been looking at the ogre and volcano, both skyrocketed just like the ursus.

it's pretty frustrating to me so I kinda felt like ranting on the forums...

oh and by the way,
if anyone from citadel would like to sell / trade their ursus for a reasonable price (2.8-3.5m), please contact me ingame (Snubnose).

just make more money lol its so simple

really tho, just keep searching for someone who isnt interested in putting in the time to sell for 5m

Yeah the trading system made the auction house more or less obsolete.

Why buy a car or themes or whatever on it, when you can just trade and the seller will get more money that way?

that's fine im sick of the city funneling the tax money into their own accounts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

So don't pay 5M. If no one buys at 5M, they have to lower the price to sell it. 

Don't play their game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StunStick said:

So don't pay 5M. If no one buys at 5M, they have to lower the price to sell it. 

Don't play their game.

I'm not lol. the thing is one of them told me he already sold 2 for 5m... maybe he's lying, maybe not... who knows in what timespan that happened... but if that's true, whoever bought them shredded lots of money...

10 minutes ago, Snubnose said:
I'm not lol. the thing is one of them told me he already sold 2 for 5m... maybe he's lying, maybe not... who knows in what timespan that happened... but if that's true, whoever bought them shredded lots of money...
He's lying... Everyone with 5m knows that the Ursus isn't worth 5m

Sounds like a con job to me
just look for whom ever is selling it for normal prices
Other person was probably a friend of his

lel.. i know this feeling ... i lost millions on condor, vrb and medusa cuz G1 made free versions of those or give JMB to smurf.
Btw last year "Bloody Mary" hade 4-5m. price ... and now its like 2m maybe, though stats didint changed and its same rare to see on MP. .... i think B.M. price went down cuz nubs cant learn how to use it.

Well ... you have to adapt, cuz sooner or later all legendaries will get OP prices cuz ya know less ppl. play less ppl. buy JMB and less legendaries are placed in MP.

44 minutes ago, MartisLTU said:

l i lost millions on condor, vrb and medusa cuz G1 made free versions

But the Condor is still the best one? Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

best you could really do is vote with your wallet.

At the end of the day, they are the ones who shoot themselves on the foot with those prices. lol
...unless you shoot first at yours.

2 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:
But the Condor is still the best one?
well few months ago no one wanted to buy it for 2m. I dont know how its now ,but i bet free version of Raptor - Vulture and Hawk are still better than "Condor" cuz you can put red mods on Vulture and Hawk.

4 hours ago, Aeronaut said:

that's fine im sick of the city funneling the tax money into their own accounts.

Those respawning lamp posts don't pay for themselves. 

Also I 'member when Ursus' sold for like 7-9mil, so count yourself lucky.  Edited by KnifuWaifu

3 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:
Also I 'member when Ursus' sold for like 7-9mil, so count yourself lucky. 
the 7-9m you're talking about was when the gun was still pretty new to the game, but it's been down to ~3m for quite some time now... (unless you didn't pay attention to what I said about this issue being citadel related and you're talking about jericho prices, I have no idea about NA)
"consider yourself lucky to have a +2m price increase thanks to a new trading system turning the market prices upsidedown"... like, what?

1 hour ago, MartisLTU said:
3 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:
But the Condor is still the best one?
well few months ago no one wanted to buy it for 2m. I dont know how its now ,but i bet free version of Raptor - Vulture and Hawk are still better than "Condor" cuz you can put red mods on Vulture and Hawk.
Yeah but, why would you put anything but HS3 on it anyways? 

11 minutes ago, Snubnose said:
the 7-9m you're talking about was when the gun was still pretty new to the game, but it's been down to ~3m for quite some time now... (unless you didn't pay attention to what I said about this issue being citadel related and you're talking about jericho prices, I have no idea about NA)
"consider yourself lucky to have a +2m price increase thanks to a new trading system turning the market prices upsidedown"... like, what?
It's not the trading systems fault it's the people using the system or rather trying to profit more from it. Just like you said the Ursus used to be worth more when it was newer because people were trying to capitalise on it before we found out it was just a nannyfied NTEC but we don't blame the JMBs or ARMAS for making the prices that high, it's the sellers. And what makes the prices drop (aside from times when a certain JMB reward becomes exploitable and crashes a market price) is people not buying them and other people trying to undercut the next top seller in order to capitalise on them. 

It's all people trying to make a quick buck and artificially inflating and deflating the prices, you just either need to weather the storm or contribute to it. The Ursus will still be there when the prices fluctuate again. 

Edited by KnifuWaifu

4 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

i put ATAC 424 NFCP III on my condor

Just now, BXNNXD said:
6 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

i put ATAC 424 NFCP III on my condor
I put cr762 on my everything.

Just now, CookiePuss said:

I put cr762 on my everything.

i see you're a fan of delicious flavor

6 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:
It's not the trading systems fault it's the people using the system or rather trying to profit more from it. Just like you said the Ursus used to be worth more when it was newer because people were trying to capitalise on it before we found out it was just a nannyfied NTEC but we don't blame the JMBs or ARMAS for making the prices that high, it's the sellers. And what makes the prices drop (aside from times when a certain JMB reward becomes exploitable and crashes a market price) is people not buying them and other people trying to undercut the next top seller in order to capitalise on them. 

It's all people trying to make a quick buck and artificially inflating and deflating the prices, you just either need to weather the storm or contribute to it. The Ursus will still be there when the prices fluctuate again.
I never said it's not people, but the new trading system being tax free is the reason why it happened in the first place.

5 minutes ago, Snubnose said:
16 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:
trash
I never said it's not people, but the new trading system being tax free is the reason why it happened in the first place.
You trade online or you , Market offline.
Sitting hours online spamming chat for "some money" for million hours yeah much content. Edited by EMilika

Traders/sellers just want to make quick money, thats how traders out there have a shitton of guns. They prey on those who hardly know a gun's value and those who havent played the gun.

As a trader in the past, this is how i used to negotiate in the game.

Ursus aint 5m dude, it jus takes 1 less shot to kill than the standard ntec. But, it is slower than ntec and gets rekt in short ranges to a good ntec user. I got a 2 slot ntec, which im pretty happy with but, i would love to try out the ursus and have it in my inventory. Thats the only reason im talking to u.

If he still is stubborn upon his judgement saying that ursus is da best, dont reply to him for a while.. and if he whispers u after some time, asking u about it, it means that he is desperate to sell his weapon. Cuz traders wont sell their guns. So say it straightaway that the gun is overpriced and i dont wanna spend 5m on that gun which takes 1 less shot to kill and not so widely used like ntec and put up a sad face that ull stick to ntec and forget the ursus.

Sellers are dependent people, your money keeps them going. Its ur ways of negotiating brings the price down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Sure, you can put red mods in the other ones. But the benefit of a red mod over an orange mod is not large enough to make up for the difference between the suppressor mods.

Weapon prices aren't just based on how good they are?

People still trying to sell yukon for 7 -10 million.

39 minutes ago, Zolerox said:

Weapon prices aren't just based on how good they are?

People still trying to sell yukon for 7 -10 million.

u might have trillions ramraiding in han, who knows?

Sign in to follow this