Hexerin

So you've proven you care about the game... when are you going to start caring about the players?

10 hours ago, TheDogCatcher said:
Nobody is perfect but competant would be nice.

All it would take is some proper testing before making these things live, these people are supposed to be professionals.

We need more than good intentions, we all know which road is paved with those.
They get over exited one time and you hold this against them.
Yes you are expecting them to be perfect.
Also proper testing? that was the community's fault for not going in to test like they should of.....

19 hours ago, TheDogCatcher said:

If LO were doing such a great job there would be more players but instead there are less players..... so what does that say ?

I appreciate the fact that they are trying but they keep making mistakes, you can't really afford to keep doing that with a game like APB because it was already in a bad place.

From the numbers I have seen  of people in Jericho they look about the same as before  Little Orbit took over.
With no engine upgraded yet which is holding up the major fixes and content updates , most people became fed up and left but some who have not played since 2011 have returned.
Too soon to wave a fail flag with how its only been a few months and it will easily  take over a year to fix.

23 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Blaming the community for LO's failures... Now Ive heard it all. 

...except Fortune Runner explicitly stated that the perceived "failure of LO" is actually only present in minds of the more impatient people. And expecting Little Orbit to practically resurrect the game and solve all of its faults within a matter of days is downright foolish.

Fun part is that there are some people in this very community who are never satisfied with anything LO does, regardless of whether it's a change or a fix or basically any action at all.

LO bungled testing. 
OTW and prototype districts were empty because LO did nothing to incentivise using them. Oh except for one "play with the devs event" after they had already decided what changes to make.

Sorry, quoting isnt working and I cba to do the workaround anymore.   

7 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

OTW and prototype districts were empty because LO did nothing to incentivise using them.

>implying that there needs to be material gratification or other incentive to absolutely everything
>implying that the opportunity to directly draw the developers' attention to specific issues isn't an incentive in itself

Oh except for one "play with the devs event"

>implying that the developers need to constantly create events to satisfy the community instead of dedicating time to solving issues

after they had already decided what changes to make.

>implying that the players could not provide feedback to the changes at any time

Imagine all the places we could be in as a community if all the bullshoot contrarianism, pessimism and defeatism just disappeared. But I guess we can't have nice things.

10 minutes ago, MartinPL said:
>implying that there needs to be material gratification or other incentive to absolutely everything

I think the ghost towns that were OTW and the prototype districts prove that not offering incentives was a mistake.
>implying that the opportunity to directly draw the developers' attention to specific issues isn't an incentive in itself
We must have played different events... "Playing with the devs" was a lol fest, it was in no way a serious ineraction with the devs. In fact my experience was only Devs rage quitting matches.
>implying that the developers need to constantly create events to satisfy the community instead of dedicating time to solving issues
I'd have settled for either, instead we got neither.
Imagine all the places we could be in as a community if all the bullshoot contrarianism, pessimism and defeatism just disappeared. But I guess we can't have nice things.
Bottom line, if you blame your community for your failures, you will NEVER succeed.
  Edited by CookiePuss

5 minutes ago, MartinPL said:

there is a need for incentives imo, while good testing does require actual gameplay scenarios it also requires a lot of non-gameplay activity which generally isn’t fun or entertaining at all - if you’re going to ask the players to voluntarily not play, shouldn’t you make it worth their time? especially on jericho where even the minor player shift into the test districts meant regular districts suffered as well

drawing the devs attention to issues only works if the devs actually pay attention, more on that below

11 minutes ago, MartinPL said:

>implying that the players could not provide feedback to the changes at any time

i’ve yet to see any actual acknowledgement of feedback in relation to balance changes, the devs seemingly provide 2 test district options but then arbitrarily choose to use one for live stats regardless of what players discuss - the only exceptions were the shotgun and ir3 changes, both of which the devs recieved pretty vehement feedback on from otw and went live with anyway, only to revert them once literally the entire forum community voiced their opinion

i have no issues with this, if the devs have a specific vision for what they want apb to be and are consistently working towards that more power to them (although obviously ill still voice my opinion about it)

i just think think it’s a little disengenuous to pretend that the players’ feedback has so much power over the game direction 

15 minutes ago, MartinPL said:

magine all the places we could be in as a community if all the bullshoot contrarianism, pessimism and defeatism just disappeared. But I guess we can't have nice things.

frankly i imagine we’d be in largely the same place we are now, except maybe lixil would still be streaming with players 

15 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I think the ghost towns that were OTW and the prototype districts prove that not offering incentives was a mistake.

Once again, the fault lies in those who were only expecting rewards instead of the possibility of reshaping the game. That being said...
1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

there is a need for incentives imo, while good testing does require actual gameplay scenarios it also requires a lot of non-gameplay activity which generally isn’t fun or entertaining at all - if you’re going to ask the players to voluntarily not play, shouldn’t you make it worth their time? especially on jericho where even the minor player shift into the test districts meant regular districts suffered as well

In the context of Jericho's super-low playercount, though, incentivising testing could honestly be a viable option. I'll admit that's my fault from mostly focusing on Citadel here.

15 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

We must have played different events... "Playing with the devs" was a lol fest, it was in no way a serious ineraction with the devs.

We must have played different events, or you must have not paid attention to what is actually happening in the game. (As I suspect you to be doing, considering you're so vocal on telling everyone how much you hate the game, its new developers and so on; it's hard for me to imagine you logged into APB if you can't stomach so many of its aspects.)
There was a day when the GMs and developers showed up in a prototype instance and the people in that instance had the option of using /d chat to communicate with them directly firsthand. Even happened on Kempington's stream, and he even got the opportunity to be in a team with Beastie and Aphadon. Do you still want to pretend that LO doesn't listen at all?

3 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

i have no issues with this, if the devs have a specific vision for what they want apb to be and are consistently working towards that more power to them (although obviously ill still voice my opinion about it)

i just think think it’s a little disengenuous to pretend that the players’ feedback has so much power over the game direction 

Personally speaking, I have no real issue with changes LO wants to make. After being very stale for multiple years, it's kind of nice to see the usual loadouts get mixed up a bit. That being said, I understand why some people take issue with that.

As for having more or less power over the direction the game's headed, I'd rather have LO's "A or B or you guys propose C together" than G1's "fuck you this is how it is now". (see: Yukon's broken/unintended rate of fire), but that's just my opinion here.

9 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

frankly i imagine we’d be in largely the same place we are now, except maybe lixil would still be streaming with players 

If you'll excuse the Twitch lingo... LUL but also FeelsBadMan

2 minutes ago, MartinPL said:
Once again, the fault lies in those who were only expecting rewards instead of the possibility of reshaping the game.
Unreal. If only believing LO can do no wrong translated into people playing the game.
3 minutes ago, MartinPL said:
There was a day when the GMs and developers showed up in a prototype instance and the people in that instance had the option of using /d chat to communicate with them directly firsthand. Even happened on Kempington's stream, and he even got the opportunity to be in a team with Beastie and Aphadon.
Yeah... lets not talk about Kemp and the special treatment he gets. I dont need him having another hissy fit on his stream.
7 minutes ago, MartinPL said:
As I suspect you to be doing, considering you're so vocal on telling everyone how much you hate the game, its new developers and so on; it's hard for me to imagine you logged into APB if you can't stomach so many of its aspects
Seems odd to have played some 5,000 hours in 4 years and spent nearly as many dollars on a game I hate. But if that's what you need to tell yourself in order to avoid an actual conversation, then you do you.

15 minutes ago, MartinPL said:

As for having more or less power over the direction the game's headed, I'd rather have LO's "A or B or you guys propose C together" than G1's "fuck you this is how it is now". (see: Yukon's broken/unintended rate of fire), but that's just my opinion here.

i’m not sure the willful ignorance of a single bug compares well to the intended change to an entire weapon category tbh

and while orbit did fix their mistake (way faster than g1 would have) after implementing the initial changes (despite the complaints of the few otw testers), they did so by implementing more changes that they seem to have decided on their own, all while allowing players to give negligible feedback 

21 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Unreal. If only believing LO can do no wrong translated into people playing the game. 

It has been stated numerous times, but sure, let's do it once more for clarity. The game is not being advertised in its current state because LO is still working on making the game more presentable. The priority right now is pushing out the Engine Upgrade to streamline content development and allow more people to play the game without having to downgrade their visuals to have a chance of breaching >30 FPS.
24 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Yeah... lets not talk about Kemp and the special treatment he gets. I dont need him having another hissy fit on his stream.

>Kemp becomes the most prominent community figure through consistent streaming with a triple digit viewercount, good knowledge of the game's mechanics, and going out of his way to reach out to developers and give them his opinion
>"how does LO dare to listen to this guy?!?! fuckin' special treatment!!"
also
>says "let's not talk about Kemp" to later accuse me of trying to avoid a conversation
14 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Seems odd to have played some 5,000 hours in 4 years and spent nearly as many dollars on a game I hate.

Yeah, that's what baffles me, because ever since I've known of your existence (mostly through the fact that you posted a certain screenshot of yourself and got kicked from WASP for that) you have been nothing but critical of G1 and LO and everything they do. I get having a love-hate relationship with something, but this is basically a variant of Stockholm syndrome in your case.

11 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

i’m not sure the willful ignorance of a single bug compares well to the intended change to an entire weapon category tbh

and while orbit did fix their mistake (way faster than g1 would have) after implementing the initial changes (despite the complaints of the few otw testers), they did so by implementing more changes that they seem to have decided on their own, all while allowing players to give negligible feedback 

Understandable, but my point was that iirc G1 never did fix the Yukon - that "honour" went to LO while they were cleaning up.

The over-eagerness to push out balance changes, while I agree is a flaw, it is also something LO have acknowledged - and even Matt Scott himself apologised for it. We wouldn't have had that in the days of G1 - neither the actual changes, nor any apologies.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MartinPL said:
~snip~
HcDnzPJ.gif

Unreal... but expected. I dont really want to upset you anymore... I know how emotional you can get, so lets just agree to disagree eh? Edited by CookiePuss

10 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Unreal... but expected. I dont really want to upset you anymore... I know how emotional you can get, so lets just agree to disagree eh?

Wow, you sure showed me with that reaction GIF and trying to avoid a discussion! :^)
If you want to drop the topic, go ahead. I won't reply if you don't.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, MartinPL said:
Wow, you sure showed me with that reaction GIF and trying to avoid a discussion! :^)
If you want to drop the topic, go ahead. I won't reply if you don't.
VDwBN3x.gif

the game started. errors and bug . response owners - we suffer, we know about the problem we will try to eliminate in the shortest possible time .   ok . tolerate .  we have such events as  dance battle
fld7BAf95g.jpg

, the best tattoo on the sea theme , to paint a balaclava in the style of a Mexican wrestler 
xgx7s55pJ8.jpg   
 .....   ok . tolerate . clans of gold players begin to devour the new population playing constantly below the level.  forum breaks in  cheaters, scammers . G1 trying to up our game and limit players matchmaking system .  ok . tolerate .   gold players begin to devour the new population playing constantly below the level.  But we had such events as  1 aprel Day FOOL
OD26ZqGi4P.jpg
5h0J6LE6av.jpg

,  St Patrick's Day
N2d7roq1uU.jpg

, birthday March 7
I73sCH9XD1.jpg

Mayor Jane derren's easter EGG HUNT
fpsb118BB0.jpg

, Anarchy 2
Qzafk6xbqI.jpg

,Anarchy 3
O9qjxF3cIl.jpg

, RUNDOWN , world weapons 
mf662TXXtd.jpg

, Bicher , Drug Mile 
207iLa9vI2.jpg

, Event Seasonal winner 2016
K02Pycmyvm.jpg

, weapon test ,  Dev To Find Androval 
O8IM4L5wrT.jpg

, 'Hanging with  Magallan'
l4eR9YNEnq.jpg 

,'Hanging with Ghoulface'
0GQXyw32Iw.jpg
...  ok . tolerate . 

there are no events. no population .  response owners - we suffer, we know about the problem we will try to eliminate in the shortest possible time . I do not understand whether it is impossible to simultaneously engage in the engine and at least slightly interest players at least something. 

maybe I'll get a 7 warning.
stPWY96KZ9.jpg

0u33h2BErM.jpg

Edited by Yood

Someone got beat up real hard when they were confronted with facts and called out for stuff that happaned to them in the past, then tries to play it off as if they upset someone, lmayoo

:') 

Edited by ch4ncer

I don't know if it's just me, but APB feels alright now. Feels like all were missing is more players. 

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 2:25 AM, CookiePuss said:

Ikr and his whole Mr I'm gonna complain about weapon balance issues because I hate people using the same 3 guns BOO HOO CRY CRY. 
  • Like 1

Sometimes I feel like I care for people. Sometimes I feel like I should care, or that caring is an obligation.
I can't make up my mind.

8 hours ago, Eisena said:

Sometimes I feel like I care for people. Sometimes I feel like I should care, or that caring is an obligation.
I can't make up my mind.

when I read Matt's answer about the embarrassment that happened on the citadel server ( playing with streamers) (we try not to delete or correct the previous comments ) - I thought that they care about the players , honesty , openness . when I read the new additions to the rules of the forum . I realized that this is completely untrue .  
fact not noticed by me .( general opinion ) in America, not to say all the flaws , even if they ask - tell me what's wrong here ? need to lie to or say what they all good . Edited by Yood