1 minute ago, Excalibur! said:

But is not what you bought. Its not longer what you enjoyed, benefits you etc.

Sorry but no one named buffs or nerfs here.

the gun remains the same, this thread would be slightly more valid if it was about a gun receiving changes

this thread is a direct result of the nerf to ir3, wym no one mentioned nerfs

17 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
the gun remains the same, this thread would be slightly more valid if it was about a gun receiving changes

this thread is a direct result of the nerf to ir3, wym no one mentioned nerfs
The mod is attached to the gun and you can modify it... so yeah, its the gun as a whole.

And we are not even talking about the recent weapon changes. I had a permanent nhvr.

2 hours ago, Excalibur! said:
On 8/14/2018 at 12:14 PM, BXNNXD said:
just because you don’t like the way it was balanced doesn’t justify a refund

since i doubt you also want a refund for the guns you may or may not own that were buffed during this balance pass
You agree with money stealing... nice!
Its not stealing. they can make whatever adjustments to their own property as they please.
The new people are grateful for it so they can actually play.
But you already know that since you were screaming pay to win at me before....
Make up your mind already....

10 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

That doesn't look like they are unusable to me  but it does look like  its jut not a broken overkill anymore. *shrugs*

please stop being toxic like that....
I disagree, most weapons average at 0.6 to 0.75 TTK or around that, that is why it’s unusable, you in theory will lose every fire fight possible with anything higher than 0.75.

12 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

That doesn't look like they are unusable to me  but it does look like  its jut not a broken overkill anymore. *shrugs*

please stop being presumptuous like that....

2 hours ago, SalmonToastie said:

I disagree, most weapons average at 0.6 to 0.75 TTK or around that, that is why it’s unusable, you in theory will lose every fire fight possible with anything higher than 0.75.
for something unusable I see it a lot out there *shrugs*
8 minutes ago, ch4ncer said:

please stop being presumptuous like that....
That's it?

On 10/8/2018 at 12:57 PM, Fortune Runner said:
for something unusable I see it a lot out there *shrugs* That's it?
yeah.

On 8/17/2018 at 6:10 PM, Kominis said:

i destroyed my bung hole when i bought ATAC Patroller, why was i so stupid, could've gotten the 3 slot ATAC ... 

Well you bought it cause thats what you were going to mod the 3 slot ATAC with right? Exactly the same with my Shredder.

1 minute ago, SalmonToastie said:

Well you bought it cause thats what you were going to mod the 3 slot ATAC with right? Exactly the same with my Shredder.

HAHA 😄

On 8/15/2018 at 5:45 PM, Gizzly said:

Seems like neither of you understand that some weapons doesn't come with open slots. This includes CSG, TAS20's and Scouts

might be that they don't come with open slots,  but that doesn't makes the choice to buy them better because you are still stuck with the problem of mods being changed and ending with a crap weapon. Hands off these things at all.

Don't start this thread again please. This thread equals= LO banana riders vs people with common sense 

8 minutes ago, February said:

Don't start this thread again please. This thread equals=people who read the ToS vs people who didnt

ftfy

I'll remember that when I buy a home for what it is, then they take away the roof as a "nerf" when I bought the home for a "roof" and more 😛

1 minute ago, February said:

I'll remember that when I buy a home for what it is, then they take away the roof as a "nerf" when I bought the home for a "roof" and more 😛

this is more like if you were renting a house and the last tenants forgot to shut off their cable so you’ve been getting it for free for months, but they finally realized and now you don’t have free cable anymore 

3 minutes ago, February said:

I mean if you sign a contract that states "we can remove your roof at any time", that's on you homie.

• Like 1

Just now, BXNNXD said:

this is more like if you were renting a house and the last tenants forgot to shut off their cable so you’ve been getting it for free for months, but they finally realized and now you don’t have free cable anymore 

Oof but I dont rent, and I still dont own my house the bank does 

6 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I mean if you sign a contract that states "we can remove your roof at any time", that's on you homie.

Or if they say your roof really had no downsides, and now we're gonna make it worse so you have a downside. 

2 minutes ago, February said:

Oof but I dont rent, and I still dont own my house the bank does 

you don’t own those guns either

but here you are demanding service because all the sudden u have to pay for cable 

3 minutes ago, February said:

Or if they say your roof really had no downsides, and now we're gonna make it worse so you have a downside. 

No I mean you literally agreed that G1 could change anything at anytime.

weapons, mods, vehicles, game modes, rules, etc etc etc

I'm too lazy to read through this all, but is there any gun really 'ruined' by IR3 besides that one Pathfinder? 🤔

24 minutes ago, Archon said:

I'm too lazy to read through this all, but is there any gun really 'ruined' by IR3 besides that one Pathfinder? 🤔

atac patroller now has semi auto rifle ttk but does not have the accuracy to actually take advantage of the extra range

csg/tas with ir3 is approaching old shredder ttk, and all shotguns have super low range with or without ir3

obir vladivostok is now pushing into sniper rifle ttk without the range to match

you could argue that any gun with ir3 is now useless, since you could just put 18% more shots downrange and not have to sacrifice your ttk in other areas

On 10/7/2018 at 10:13 AM, AxeTurboAgresor said:

I think like LO does not understand how much does even 0.1s ttk difference matters in APB. 18% IS TOO FCKING MUCH!! Weapons that needs this mod the most, sufferst the most.
My Pathfinders TTK with IR3 is 2.065s now and its god damn useless now, and it used to be my favorite weapon.

you are absolutely right, honestly I must say after this update I only choose low TTK guns that do not need range increase from IR3.

I currently have a Joker CR-5 PR2
The preset mods include Hunting Sight 3 and Improved Rifling 3

Prior to the IR3 changes, this gun was deffinetly my "go to" gun for short/mid range combat.

Because of the ( what I consider to be an extreme ) slower fire rate of IR3,

it is no longer adequate at short range, and only "meh" at mid range.

The gun never really was a contender at long range, and even with the changes to IR3, it still is not a contender for long range.

So the gun is useless for my style of gameplay.

I'm guessing the changes that were made to IR3 were an attempt at addressing perceived issues with NTEC's,

and this global change of IR3 was the simplest way of doing it.

Unfortunately, a lot of guns with the IR3 preset, in my opinion ( and apparently quite a few others players ),

that were not necessarily designed for range, ended up being ineffective at all ranges.

Yes, we do not technically "own" these guns. ( digital content )

But I think that the lessons learned from this experience will be a huge incentive to never ever buy a

preset weapon again on the Marketplace, not with the risk of a weapons mod characteristics changing later on down the road.

Haha, I still remember G1 releasing new preset weapons on ARMAS that were definitely OP.

Sales of those guns skyrocketed, only to be nerfed several months later.
But they nerfed the individual guns, not the mods on the guns, which would have a global effect.

Buying an open slot weapon at least gives the consumer the ability to adapt to mod changes in the future.

I guessing one problem is, that there are quite a few preset weapons to purchase, and are only available as presets,

which in essence, puts these preset weapons at risk of every really selling.

Edited by Westford
  • Like 1

I do think the IR3 changes weren't thought out particularly well.  Feels like LO was looking to make a few "big" changes to call the game their own, and IR was one of these things.  There was little-to-no perceivable consideration for the effects on a majority of preset guns and ultimately the changes negatively unbalanced a sizable portion of the weapons.

This does not seem like a good move at all to me.  While the point of this thread is debatable, refund etc or no, I don't think they should have changed IR3 without looking at every instance the changes would effect, especially when you're looking at weapons from the cash shop.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mynd said:

While the point of this thread is debatable, refund etc or no, I don't think they should have changed IR3 without looking at every instance the changes would effect, especially when you're looking at weapons from the cash shop.

Yeah, I think asking for a refund on a preset gun that you bought months/years ago is a stretch, but I definitely understand the level of dissatisfaction.

Edited by Westford

3 hours ago, Westford said:

But I think that the lessons learned from this experience will be a huge incentive to never ever buy a

preset weapon again on the Marketplace, not with the risk of a weapons mod characteristics changing later on down the road.

A hard lesson to be sure, but at least you've learned it.